- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series:
- Tiberium Wars: Colonel Nick "Havoc" Parker, when he isn't blowing up Avatars, rescuing GDI prisoners, and recapturing the White House with a couple of tanks is a gigantic, One Ham Army.
- Taniguchi, in Kyon: Big Damn Hero stood up in the middle of lunch and proclaimed across the classroom to his girlfriend that he would get better grades if she would study with him. Then he begins his flowery speech about his quest, much to Haruhi's amusement, and his classmates' shock.
- Megami no Hanabira: Kaiwan. So very much. The girls encounter a Flock member with a rather flowery style of speaking as well: Nanami outright calls him a ham.
- Every time Shinji Ikari gets into Ham Mode in Shinji And Warhammer 40 K.
- The Infinite Loops: Spike of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic spent a Loop as one, on purpose. He even lampshades it when he decides to go this route:Spike: "Did somepony order, A LARGE HAM!"
- In How To Drill Your Way Through Your Problems, Lagann is deliberately invoking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann tropes to combat the general cynicism and pessimism of Worm. As a result, this happens. A lot.
- Dance with the Demons: Kobra needs to pontificate before, during, and after a battle, despite Batman dismissing his antics.Kobra: "I congratulate you on your sterling effort. Truly, your wife would be pleased. However, I have a final trump your side cannot counter: a force-field which I have activated. It encases this entire floor, above it, below it, and on all sides. Your allies cannot penetrate it. Nor can you. But there is a way in."
Batman: "What is it?"
Kobra: "We have always known it would come down to this. The final battle, the Ragnarok. If I am your Midgard Serpent, and you are my Thor, then we must fight. However, no one has yet prophecied which of us will be slain, and which be slayer."
- Hellsister Trilogy: Darkseid is fond of polysyllabic verbiage and has no concept of indoor voice. Nemesis, the Kryptonian/Zeroxian hybrid whom Darkseid has raised, takes after his father and is prone to histrionics and speaking in all caps.Darkseid: "I have had three prior sons, boy. Two of my body, one of my charge. But you, my fourth son...you have had advantages your forebears never knew. I left their upbringing to others. I was busy. You, I have tended to with all my attention. With all my knowledge. Do you know why, boy?"
Nemesis: "Because I am the greatest of the four. Because I am the one who will break our enemies like pottery shards. Because I will avenge you, my father. Avenge you, and...my mother."
Darkseid: "Just so. Do you... remember who undid my plans, a thousand years ago, boy? And who, not so long ago... undid your mother?"
Nemesis: (whispering) "The Supergirl."
Darkseid: "Just so. It will be some years before you are of age, boy. It will be some years before we can reveal ourselves. The United Planets, the Guardians of the Universe, they must be kept... unknowing. Timing is all-important, boy. Any general can tell you that. Timing is everything."
Nemesis: "Do you really believe she will come back?"
Darkseid: "She will, boy. They will summon her."
Nemesis: "That is good, father. Very, very good."
Darkseid: "Do you know what you shall do, boy? Do you know what you shall do, in that time and on that day?"
Nemesis: "I will avenge my mother's death. I will avenge your honor. I will make her pay for blocking the True Path. I WILL DESTROY THE SUPERGIRL."
Darkseid: "And so you shall, my boy. And so, one day, you shall."
- A Force of Four: Mars is a very pompous and verbose War God who loves histrionics.Power Girl: "Aren't you tied to Earth? If you destroy it, how will you survive?"
Mars: "Mars is not tied to Earth. Mars is tied to war. And what better war than that of vast empires within the second Heaven? Where billions may die, billions more be enslaved, and the bloodflow which results nourishes my power with every drop. No. Earth is unnecessary. A canker in my being. When it is destroyed, only my pain will vanish. But it will not be destroyed yet."
- Parodied in Shazam fanfiction Here There Be Monsters. The villain known as Acrobat is not good at making overdramatic speeches and he lacks the power to back his threats, so nobody takes him seriously.The Acrobat: "I'll kill you. I'm man enough, madman enough, to kill you all! Disc or no disc, I've got the power of ten men when the moon is out, and I ought to have enough strength here to do you all in!"[...] I'll destroy you all! One by one, I'll tear your heads off and make lamps out of them! I'll use your bodies for baseball equipment! I'll"
Midnight Maid: "You've been reading too many comic books."
- In Kira Is Justice, Fiona's few lines of this is this and Creepy Monotone, indicated by her bold speak.
- Dark Yagami of Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami gets quite hammy as King of the Shinigami, often making use of Dramatic Ellipsis with a booming "kingish" voice, as he seems dedicated to acting the part.
- Characters in Peter Chimaeras Digimon Trilogy are guilty of this. Highlights include:Digimon after having defeated the Big Bad: "Hooray I saved the wolrd!" he shouted. "THE WORLD IS SAFE"
Evil Digimon: "H-a-a-a-a-a-a-a! I will kill you Digimon!"
Digimon after arriving to help a kid trapped under a car: "IT IS NOT A GOOD TIME FOR A CHILDREN TO DIED"
An FBI staff member: "WHO ARE YOU TO DEMAND TO COME IN"
- At the end of the second chapter of Radiant Sacrifice, the reformed Demon Lord Beelzemon (now a Royal Knight), reveals himself as a MASSIVE Ham, delivering a deep and booming speech
- Takato from the Tamers Forever Series seems to have a fondness for melodramatic speeches.
- Chaos also has his moments.""Join me at the darkness of the eternal abyss! JUDECCA PRISON!"
- And of course, Daemon takes this Up to Eleven.
- Chaos also has his moments.
- In Crowns of the Kingdom, the Disney Villains have this trait, and it's part of why they do what they do.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged:
- Nappa:"This is gonna be my BEST... DAY... EVER!"
- Of course, he was accompanied by Vegeta."I AM THE HYPE!!"
- Then there's Super Kami Guru."NAAAAAAIIIILLL!!! Stop making out with boyfriend. I can hear it from here!"
- Mugal in the Fan Film Godzilla vs. the Kaiju Killer."I SAID PICK IT UP!"
- My Immortal is basically a World of Ham. Examples are"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" It was... Dumbledore!"I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT . Hargirid paused angrily. BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!""YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE THE PRINCIPAL ANY LONGER!" yelled Rumbridge. "YOU ARE TOO OLD AND YOUR ALZHEIMERS IS DANGEROUS! YOU MUST RETRY OR VOLDEMORT WILL KILL YOUR STUDENTS!"
- The Home We Built Together: When Hiccup and Astrid trained the arena dragons to pretend to fight them, the Hideous Zippleback takes the Ham Award for Overacting.The two-headed dragon was sparring with the twins it'd seemed to have taken an interest in the Thorstons and always gravitated to "fighting" them. The two heads playfully dodged the swinging weapons, occasionally firing off a small blast for theatrics. The left head didn't dodge fast enough, or maybe it'd let itself be smacked on purpose. As Tuffnut's mace smashed into it, the head flopped to the ground, its tongue sticking out as if it had croaked over dead from that one blow. The right head looked down at its twin then without hesitation flopped onto the floor without so much as a threat, its forked tongue dangling out of its gassy mouth.
- In the fanfic Book Five: Legends, Fumiko is this in spades. Her big brother Temuji can have a bit of a flair for the dramatic as well, but Fumiko really loves to ham it up, both before and after The Reveal.
- In the The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time parody Group of Weirdos turns the Barinade into one of these. Like the above, it is both funny and awesome. Recent chapters have added a second ham in the form of Morpha, though he's more of a Small Ham as he merely uses exclamation points instead of periods, whereas Barinade talks LIKE BRIAN BLESSED!!!
- The narrator from this novelisation of The Wind Waker can come across as this. He often uses Onomatopoeia to illustrate sounds and, when a character screams,it often goes on down the page for several lines.
Link: OW! IT FEELS LIKE MY WHOLE BODY HAS BEEN USED AS A BATTERING RAM!
- Link can also come across as one, due to his aforementioned page-dragging screaming, but he also gets individual lines that make him this, such as this one when he is falling through an illusionary mine and crashing into support beams on the way down:
- Devils Diary: Not even while writing his private thoughts Magneto can refrain himself of being overly dramatic. Or writing on all caps.I curse myself as a barbarian. I did the right thing, God knows, but I damn myself for the act.
THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE (scratch out words).
I would to G-d sometimes that I had another path to walk.
Irrelevant. This is my part to play. MUST BE STRONG. Like the iron.
I bend the iron to my will.
It is only by strength that I resist the temptation to bend.
- In Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race, Centaur Man was disguised as a wrestling champion, The Centaur, for quite a while. He still retains that attitude.
- Dante has many moments of hammyness in Ancient Sins, which range from: dancing while fighting, shouting random thoughts, and making impersonations of the main cast, all of which still make some of the people he fights giggle.
- Barricade, Fluttershy's mom, from Mothers. It should also be worth noting that, physically, she's nearly twice the size of her daughter.
- The Pony POV Series has, of course, Discord, as is the canon. It also has his Father, Havoc, which is likely where he got his ham from (he certainly didn't get it from his Mother).
- The Twilight Child: Princess Luna has more or less gotten the hang of modern Equestrian (except when around Cadence), so her moments of true ham are far and few between. Then she finds her dog Cerberus has gone missing. She rushes back to Canterlot and bursts into the throne room (wearing fuzzy slippers, since it gets chilly near the gates of Tartarus) and declares:Princess Luna: "WOE! OH LAMENTATIONS! SISTER, I BRING DIRE NEWS! THE GATES OF TARTARUS STAND UNGUARDED, AND ALL MANNER OF EVIL THREATENS TO LOOSE ITSELF UPON THE WORLD!"
- Apparently Twilight Sparkle will become a ham if someone so much as mentions the word "seaponies".
- Vengeance of Dawn: Breaking Dawn just loves to ham it up, even after her HeelFace Turn.
- The Witch of the Everfree: Sunset isn't particularly hammy in ordinary conversation, but she hams it up a lot whenever she either wants to intimidate someone or wants to make a Big Entrance.
- In Chrysalis Visits The Hague, Chrysalis likes to lay it on thick when complaining or raging her lawyer Estermann suspects that she herself is enjoying the theatrics.
- Larry Bellowich the Loudred (naturally) of Pokéumans. It only makes sense to make him the tournament announcer, where he literally talks in all caps.
- From Pokemon Opal And Garnet, we have Clopin, who is just as much of a ham as his namesake. This quote says it all:Clopin: It means that WE HAVE BUISNESS! That's right, païkan, BUSINESS IS BOOMING AND WE'RE STARTING TO GET WALKERS! IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED PLEASE JOIN US IN THE FIGHT FOR CANCER! IT WILL BE TRULY AMAZING! HAVE FUN!
- Butterfree in Box of Danger's Pokémon The Abridged Series. Also counts as Memetic Badass.
- Morgan le Fay of Power Rangers Mystic Knights takes Rita Repulsa's hamminess Up to Eleven. She's been sealed for 1500 years and pretty much embraced her role as a villain, unlike other more "sympathetic" portrayals.Morgan: ATTENTION! I am Morgan le Fay! And this IS MY CITY!
- Pretty Cure Hollywood Stars has Cure Western. She's particularly hammy in episode 1 when she beats her own high score on the arcade version of the Atari VCS gorefest The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, episode 7 when she yells at Nick that he'll soon be laughing on the other side of his face, episode 9 when she delivers a Sophisticated as Hell theory on how a modern-day Shakespearean play could be possible, and episode 12, where she lets out an Evil Laugh before letting Nick know she sent a homing bullet toward him.
- Leif's Badass Boast in Soulless Shell is delivered IN ALL CAPS in a way which makes it look like an example of overacting, though it probably wasn't meant to (unless it actually is a Troll Fic).
- In Table Top Adventures, Nora insists on playing as a brawny mage named Zoktor the Destroyer.
- Sailor Moon Abridged:
- Raye/Sailor Mars.Raye/Sailor Mars: IT'S THE LAST TRAIN, ONE WAY TRACK TO HELL!
- Also, Zoycite, Queen Beryl, Mina/Sailor Venus, Molly, and just about every character that KrisRix plays other than Amy.
- Pretty much everyone in Sailor Moon Abridged... but Amy. Well, except for in the Pokémon mash-up episode.Amy/Sailor Mercury: It's a change you cannot resist. [BLEEP] ALL YOU CREATIONISTS!
- Raye/Sailor Mars.
- In Must Love Ned Flanders, Naomi is a huge ham, to the point of going overseas due to one bad day.
- Astorath in Sonic X: Dark Chaos pretty much either yells or dramatically enunciates everything he says. Considering the fact he's an expy of the Heavy from Team Fortress 2, it's not entirely out of place.
- Maledict loses his cool and goes into full scenery-chewing mode during his climactic duel with Jesus in Episode 75. And that's before the author said that his voice is similar to William Dafoe."I am your god, you half-formed chimp! When you swung from trees, I ruled TIME and SPACE!"
- Allysion is so hammy she could've starred in every single Cecil B. DeMille biblical epic. Everything she says is either a flowery Bible quote, a dramatic threat, or both.
- Once Dark Tails resurrects himself, he quickly puts BRIAN BLESSED to shame;"YOU SHALL NOT DIE HERE... DEATH IS NO ESCAPE... YOU SHALL BE DEVOURED, ANNIHILATED, DEFILED... YOU SHALL KNOW TERROR WITHOUT END... YOU SHALL BE TORN ASUNDER FROM EVERY ATOM, AND YOURS SHALL BE THE CRIES OF TORMENT AND HORROR!"
- Maledict loses his cool and goes into full scenery-chewing mode during his climactic duel with Jesus in Episode 75. And that's before the author said that his voice is similar to William Dafoe.
- Zerael in Tengen Toppa Gurren Solvernia. One reviewer noticed that he manage to out-ham the entire TTGL canon cast!
- As per canon, Remilia Scarlet in Touhou Ibunshu. An exceedingly rare case of this trope Played for Drama, as her constant waxing of damnation and Hell twisted her already unstable sister into an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Alien Cody in Candy For Your Thoughts?, the author said that he would have the same voice as Vegeta.
- Alphys in Alphys Hoek, where she is portrayed as being essentially a female equivalent to Ren Höek...and the fact that she literally has to deal with Undertale's godforsaken fanbase every single day certainly doesn't help, either. In fact, it's no wonder how much she ends up wanting to violently strangle Mettaton to death in his sleep by the end of the story.Alphys: How easily I could end the farce...with THESE hands...THESE...DIRTY...HANDS! And with THESE hands, I hold the fate of MILLIONS! They think he's a GOD...BUT HE'S AS MORTAL AS WE...I KNOW! JUST...ONE...QUICK...TWIST! AND IT'S OVER...JUST...ONE...HUAAAGH! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! MY BRAIN! MY HOT...STINGING...BRAAAIN! HUAAAAAAGGGHHH!!! HUAAAAAAGGGHHH!!! HUAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!
- Taylor in THE TECHNO QUEEN!note stars as the titular THE TECHNO QUEENnote who sets out to make the world a better place one hammy, Silver Age-style act of villainy at a time. Eventually she manages to convert most of the cast.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
- Yami/Pharaoh certainly qualifies.Yami: I can do anything I want, because I'm voiced by DAN GREEN!
- The Hair Guy, whether shouting about his hair or yelling at the Duelist Kingdom competitors about something else.Hair Guy: ATTENTION DUELISTS! My hair has become an internet phenomenon!
- And then we have Marik.Marik: Foolish fools! There are no women in Yu-Gi-Oh! There are only extremely girly men! And I am the most girly of them all!
- Yami/Pharaoh certainly qualifies.