Classic General Xiao "Taskmaster" RiXiao Ri is the foremost General in the armies of the Asia-Pacific Alliance. He is an experienced military leader who rose to prominence during the First GLA War, leading the occupation and pacification of a GLA-blighted Europe. In peacetime, Xiao became a key figure in the formation of the Asia-Pacific Alliance, suppressing dissent, driving rebels from APA lands and keeping peace at any cost. His actions allowed the initially fragile coalition to solidify into a global superpower it is today.
- General Ripper: Implied to be one. His backstory seems to indicate that he is willing to do whatever it takes to destroy the enemies of China and the APA. His pre-battle quote only reinforces this."It's our time! Leave No Survivors."
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: His influence in the first GLA War subtly implies he may have been the Non-Entity General in the original Generals and Zero Hour.
- The Generic Guy
Nuclear General Ma "1000 Suns" ShenMa Shen was raised in unusual circumstances; his great-grandfather witnessed the US nuclear strike on Nagasaki and in turn was instilled with a terror of atomic weapons. Returning to his native China, he retreated to a bunker deep in the wilderness where he and his descendants would raise their families. By the time of Shen's birth, the bunker expanded into a large underground complex. Raised and schooled there, he inherited the absolute terror of nuclear warfare that had so blighted his family. As he reached adulthood, he realized he could no longer be ruled by his terror and set out to embrace, applying to serve in the first APA Atomic Warfare Division. The military choose to overlook Shen's obvious psychological issues and accepted him into the corps. Fifteen years later, Shen mastered his fear and now leads the Atomic Warfare group. His great-grandfather, he believes, would be proud.
- BFG: Has access to the Sunstorm Artillery, an even bigger gun than the Thunderfist Artillery.
- Expy: Fulfils the same role as Zero hour's General Tsing Shi Tao
- Irony: His ancestors were CrazySurvivalists who feared a nuclear apocalypse. Now, he's in charge of enough nuclear warheads to cause the apocalypse they were fearing.
- Nuke 'em
Urban Combat General Park "Beast" Kang-DaeTales of Park 'The Beast' Kang-Dae reverberate throughout the APA military, and while the exploits described vary, the core elements of each story remain the same - intense urban combat, horrific bloodshed and a hard fought victory for the APA side. General Park is much storied, much feared leader of the "Bloody 9th", the APA's specialist Urban Combat division, a group famed for their ability to brutally cleanse the city of enemy presence, leaving little more than spattered blood and eerie silence in their wake. The Beast is a master of both armed and un-armed combat, a skilled tactician and an utterly remorseless presence on the battlefield; no matter how many lives it takes, no matter how many human rights conventions shattered, no matter what the cost, he will have his victory.
- Ax-Crazy: Somewhat implied, if the stories of his brutality are even half-true.
- Blood Knight
- Gatling Good: Uses the classic Gatling Cannons as base defences. His Urban Assault Teams seems to be armed with miniguns too, tucked away behind them when not in use.
- Zerg Rush
Espionage General Zhu "Blackjack" GuozhiThe APA Espionage General, Blackjack, makes excellent use of stealth to soften targets before bringing a powerful front line to finish enemies off. Whether using Fireflies and Saboteurs to sneak into enemy bases and wreak havoc or using Shadow Tanks to take out high priority targets, Blackjack is a force to be reckoned with.
Equal part spy and soldier, Zhu Guozhi has lived in the shadows for more than a decade. He speaks little of his past. His childhood spent on the heavily industrialized outskirts of Shenzhen, was remarkable only in how unremarkable it had been. Destined for a long military career from an early age, Guozhi graduated with top honors from the APA military academy before being recruited by Chinese Military Intelligence and trained in the arts of battlefield espionage and misdirection. Quickly he became the scourge of the GLA, infamous for using misdirection - notably using false intelligence and satellite holo-armies to lure GLA forces into deadly ambushes, turning the tactics of the enemy against them. This is an impressive feat considering that the GLA themselves are masters in guerilla warfare. Zhu's years fighting a shadow war have left him mistrustful of strangers. He is careful not to reveal too much lest he fall victim to the tactics he has shown such mastery of.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: He combats the GLA using guerilla warfare, something the GLA are experts at.
- The Dreaded: Hated by most of the GLA for the above reason.
- Invisibility Cloak : His Shadow Tanks cloak when not attacking.
- The Spook
Pyro General Pham "Inferno" QuanPham Quan has always wanted to watch the world burn; the youngest scion of a prosperous trading family, he spent much of his pampered childhood torn between indulging in conspicuous consumption and discovering new and more creative ways to reduce his numerous toys to ashes. By his teens, Quan had set his sights on bigger targets, leading to an alcohol funded campaign of pyromania across Hanoi that culminated in the very public immolation of a centuries old Taoist temple. Under an assumed name and identity, Quan entered military college, where he showed a genuine aptitude for the battlefield applications of flame. Pham proved to be an effective battlefield leader.
Rocket General Chang "Red Arrow" Dongmei
- Action Girl
- Affirmative Action Girl: The only female APA General and unlike Cleaver or Nitro, her gender is constantly brought up as being something she had to fight against.
- Family Business/In the Blood: Her father, grandfather, and great-grandfather served China's military, and damned if being a woman will get in the way of her serving too!
- Macross Missile Massacre: Her preferred tactic.
Yu Hyun Jung, The Ghost Blade(Information unavailable)
Classic General Julain Bulldog BattersbyJulian Battersby is a man with two very different faces - to the public at large, he is a legendary raconteur and bon vivant, the only heir to an aristocratic dynasty with a weakness for good scotch, better cigars and the occasional preposterous anecdote. Those who know the private Julian Battersby, however, speak of an entirely different man; a hard taskmaster and geopolitical genius driven by a burning desire to restore Europe to the global prestige she had enjoyed during the 19th and early 20th century.
- The Generic Guy
- The Hero: Of the E.U.
- Quintessential British Gentleman - May possibly cross over with Evil Brit with his desire for a return of European dominance, but nothing's confirmed of that yet.
Railgun General Katerina "Cleaver" Von HoftstadterRaised in the Alb-Donau district in rural Germany, the only girl in a family of seven, Katerina "Cleaver" Von Hoftstadter has long understood the value of holding her ground. A stoic and serious child, she remained untouched by the chaos that surrounded her. Patriotic almost to the point of nationalism, Katerina entered military college and served with distinction on multiple fronts. Less than five years into her career, Katerina became a national hero in what came to be known as the "Siege of Algiers", spearheading a week-long defense of the EU Embassy against massively superior GLA numbers, using a then new deployment of Railgun Tanks. Not a single civilian life was lost, and - following the effusive praises of the ambassador - Von Hoftstadter found herself fast-tracked for promotion. Today she commands the Railgun-centric 8th Mechanized Warfare division. Her patriotism remains undimished.
- Action Girl
- Blood Knight: If her quote is any indication, a tame version given the story that fast tracked her."I'll cut you to pieces and I do not care who you are!"
- Magnetic Weapons: Her weapon of choice.
- Weapon of Choice: Railguns, natch.
Experimental Weapon General Egon "Cutting Edge" SchullerBorn to middle-class parents in the Zurich suburbs, young Egon Schuller soon proved himself to be anything but ordinary. A certified genius at the age of 3, by his 16th birthday Schuller had a PhD in Quantum Electronics and a life in sheltered academia as his future. This all changed when the first GLA uprising burned its way across Europe, leaving Schuller's chosen University in ruins. Incensed at what he saw, Schuller joined the resistance and, in the aftermath, chose to remain in the military as an experimental weapons specialist. The European Union High Command soon noted that the temperamental scientist did not work well with others, but placed him in command of a carefully chosen task force, charged with the deployment of experimental weapons across the globe. Schuller is not an easy man to like but his troops remain fantastically loyal, and are more than happy to serve under the EU's own "mad scientist."
- Expy: Of Kane and Yuri. Here's hoping he doesn't end up as the game's Big Bad...
- Insufferable Genius
- Mad Scientist: Although the "mad" in this case is more Hair-Trigger Temper.
- The Smart Guy
Airforce General Didier "Daedalus" BeauchampDidier Beauchamp is a gentleman of the old school; courtly, charming and a bit of a flirt, with a fondness for vintage cognac and similarly vintage aircraft in equal measure. A veteran of the pre-unification French Air Force with several tours of duty behind him, Beauchamp spearheaded a series of guerrilla airdrops during the 1st GLA uprising. In the process severely weakening the terrorist groups hold on Northern Europe, surviving multiple brushes with death. Needless to say, Beauchamp was the first choice when it came to leading the development of all new EU Air Force. Despite his old fashioned sensibilities, Beauchamp is anything but conservative when it comes to modern air combat technology, having invested significant amounts of money into research and development in order to create, in his words, an Air Force that is "nec plus ultra."
- The Ace: A literal ace when he was a pilot, and easily one of the most experienced EU Generals.
- Death from Above
- Expy: French counterpart of USAF General Malcolm Granger from Zero Hour.
- The Lancer
- Officer and a Gentleman
Recon General Jean-Marie "Ghost" Gavel
- Cold Sniper: Has access to Sniper Teams.
- Expy: Of "Léon: The Professional" - he has the same Perma-Stubble, a similar Nice Hat, and a Hollywood Silencer Handgun like the character's.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The opinion that EU Recon Squads have of him given they only know he's around until they find dead people.
- The Sneaky Guy: He was an experienced stealth operative during his field days, and most of his units have stealth abilities, such as his Sniper Teams and Fox LR Vs.
Rapid Assault General Charles "Mercury Red" Barrowsmith
- Badass Boast: See above.
- The Big Guy
- Expy: Scottish special forces member? Are we talking about this guy, or "Soap" MacTavish?
Special Forces General "Lupa"(Information unavailable)
Artillery General "Salvo" Agembe
- "Death is just an excuse that I do not accept!"
Agembe adapted quickly to western life, excelling in both school and later, as a military officer. Agembes early experiences, combined with his natural tactical brilliance, imbued him with both an edge on the battlefield and a genuine understanding of the human cost of war. In 2020, having used tactical artillery strikes to rout the remnants of the GLA from Afghanistans impenetrable mountain country, Agembe was chosen by the EU to form the specialized artillery division he leads today.
- Child Soldier: At least until an EU commander picked him up and raised him.
- Death from Above: Comes in two flavours: Trident rocket barrages or howitzer shells.
- Happily Adopted: No problems are mentioned with his adoption and given how he managed to excel, it can be safe to say that Agembe found a happier life in the EU.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Can pull these off on a regular basis with his Trident Rocket Artillerys.
- Not So Different: Like Wild Dog, he also served as a child soldier in his youth and became a General. Both are from Sudan, even.
- Scary Black Man
Col. Gerhardt Krause(Information unavailable)
- The Ahnold: Let's see... Germanic-sounding name, One-Man Army, overly muscular and wielding a BFG? Yeah, what are the odds that he's going to end up being this?
Classic General Mahmud "Tactician" Abdul-MushiKnown colloquially as "the traitor" amongst the Western aligned armed forces of the Arab Peninsula, Mahmud Abdul-Muhsi dedicated his twenty year military career to driving the specter of terrorism from his South Yemen homeland ... and the following ten years to bolstering what he had once resisted.
- Defector from Decadence: Spent twenty years fighting against the GLA before his FaceHeel Turn.
- Expy: Seemingly of Saddam Hussein, what with his military dress and trademark moustache.
- FaceHeel Turn: Is known as "The Traitor" by the Western aligned armed forces of the Arab Peninsula.
- Former Regime Personnel: Was a general in the Yemen Army.
- Custom Uniform: Or rather, the one GLA General that has an actual military uniform, rather than the more informal members of the GLA.
- The Generic Guy
Salvage General Ultarak Junkyard Nazarbayev
- "The strongest will learn from mistakes... if I let them survive."
As an orphaned child in the wastelands of the post-GLA-uprising Kazakhstan, Ultarak Nazarbayev learned to survive using only his wits and the battlefield debris that littered his homeland. A naturally skilled mechanic, by an early age he was jury-rigging wrecked and abandoned Chinese LR Vs into makeshift but workable transport vehicles - a feat that quickly drew the attention of local warlords. Pressed into indentured servitude, Ultarak chafed under the demands of his new masters, eventually engineering his escape in a partially functional Chinese Overlord tank. It was during this flight that he ran across a GLA training camp, who took the young man in, put his former captors to the sword and quickly won his absolute loyalty.
- The Brute/The Evil Genius: Hard to tell - his intimidating physical stature and brute force tactics suggest the former, while his mechanical knowledge suggests the later.
- The Social Darwinist: See his page quote.
Demolition General Adela Nitro BaskovaBorn in a refugee camp on the Russian-Georgian border and orphaned soon after, Adela Baskova spent much of her young life begging on poverty stricken streets of Grozny. A chance encounter with a GLA bomb-maker led her in an entirely different direction; the terrorist took the young girl under his wing and trained her in the art of of both making and placing high impact bombs. Following her mentor's death at the hands an EU special forces team, Adela crossed the border into Western Europe and launched a one woman campaign of explosive terrorism for over a year. Finally arrested and sentenced to death, Adela engineered her own escape using a series of improvised explosives and made contact with the local GLA terror cell. Today, she is the pre-eminent demolitions specialist within the terrorist organization, her skill, determination and toughness belying her small frame and quiet nature.
- Break the Cutie: She was orphaned and forced to fend for herself as a little girl. The death of her surrogate father, the GLA bomb maker, was probably what made her snapped.
- Continuity Nod: There's some evidence that the GLA bomb-maker was none other than Zero Hour's Rodall "Demo' Juhziz.
- Dark Action Girl
- Didn't See That Coming: Nobody expected a female GLA general. This was a hint that the new GLA was going to be less Arab-orientated.
- Emotionless Girl: Is very soft-spoken despite her profession.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Her backstory, and likely her main motivation in the story, was to avenge her mentor's death.
- Take Up My Sword: Staged a one-woman bombing campaign to avenge the death of her mentor, and ends up becoming the new GLA's Demolition General.
Engineer General Pavel Kitbash AdamekThe introverted son of the owner of a local electronics chain in Gdansk, Poland, Pavel Adamek grew up lonely and neglected on the floor of his father's warehouse. As a shy, deeply insecure young man, his aptitude for electronics won him a scholarship to a prestigious university in Zurich. It was there that he met a mysterious figure known only as "The Operative". The naive Adamek was quickly seduced by the charisma, praise and seemingly compelling arguments of his newfound associate, and within the year had dropped out of university, faked his own death and shipped off to a GLA training camp in North Africa. Now, as a significantly more confident man, he applies his unique skillset to the GLA armory, taking existing vehicles and modifying them in unique ways, providing his masters with an ever expanding array of distinctive and utterly unpredictable combat hardware.
- Hollywood Nerd: Anti-social, had low self-esteem, very well-versed in electronics.
- Grease Monkey
- The Engineer
- The Smart Guy
- Took a Level in Badass: His exposure with the GLA and the praise he gets from his wondorous contraptions helped improved his confidence.
Marauder General Mose Wild Dog Akinjide
- "Pitiful. Your confidence outweighs your ammunition."
- Blood Knight
- The Brute
- Child Soldiers
- Cool Shades
- Evil Counterpart: Of EU General "Salvo"; they even come from the same country (Sudan)
- Expy: Of Muammar Gaddafi, once nicknamed "The Mad Dog of the Middle East" by President Ronald Reagan.
Toxin General Dr. Thrax
EU intelligence indicates that Thrax continues to conduct chemical weapons experiments in labs scattered across the globe, leaving a trail of devastating disease and chemical torture in his wake. Whispers from inside the GLA suggest that Dr. Thrax has been physically ravaged by his experiments - organs failing, massive chemical scarring on his legs and torso, hands so damaged he must wear gloves at all times lest they require amputation - but the few who know the entirety of the truth are too terrified to share it.
- Back from the Dead: Although seemingly carpet-bombed to the Stone Age in the last USA mission of Zero Hour, Thrax is back, and better than ever! Although given "Dr. Thrax" is already a pseudonym, and of the Properly Paranoid lifestyle Thrax has, there's equal evidence that Thrax may have simply been Faking the Dead, or that he's even a Legacy Character.
- Body Horror: His body is filled with scars and infections caused by his exposure to deadly, often corrosive chemicals.
- Cool Shades: Traded his goggles (which he never wore) for a pair of aviators.
- The Dreaded: Nobody even dares to talk about him.
- The Evil Genius
- Handicapped Badass: Is riddled with illnesses, yet is still kin on poisoning everyone else while being as hip and humorous as ever.
- He's Back: The USA thought they killed him. It seems they were wrong.
- Large Ham: Wouldn't be Thrax if he wasn't.
- No Name Given: The only general who doesn't have a name and never did.
Horde General Catrina "Muerta" PosadaBorn the sheltered daughter of a volatile Mexican politician, Catrina "Muerta" Posadas life changed when angry protesters torched her familys home, her parents still inside. Catrina fled and was captured and indoctrinated by a guerrilla insurgent group. Catrina began experiencing terrifying visions of her parents from the afterlife. They demanded that she send them others to share in their suffering. In battle, Catrina would accidentally fire rocket-propelled grenades at large groups of people, enemies and friendlies included. Anything to quiet her parents down, she thought. Catrina, now infamously known as "Muerta", was approached by GLA General Abdul-Muhsi. "Come work for me, Muerta, and Ill give you all the death you could ever dream of." Enemies know Muerta is close as her soldiers cheer in excitement for their own end. For them, "the cause" serves an entirely different meaning- that everyones true destiny is only for certain death.
- The Grim Reaper: Skull motive? Nickname that translates to "Death" in english? Believes that everyone's true destiny is to die? Yeah...
- Dark Action Girl: Even by GLA standards she's scary!
- Omnicidal Maniac: Will happily kill her own men if it means calming her dead parents.
- Torches and Pitchforks: Her parents were killed when angry protesters torched their home.
- We Have Reserves
- Zerg Rush