Characters: Scandinavia and the World
open/close all folders
- Big Screwed-Up Family: Åland can be a real jerk to his cousin, Finland. As for Scania and Fenno-Swede, the author says, "All the children in SatW are completely fucked."
- Norse by Norsewest: Mainly averted. The comic shows the countries' stereotypes of each other rather than the Hollywood stereotype of them, and goes out the way to show that each country has their own distinct cultures.
- Power Trio: Denmark as the Id, Norway the Ego and Sweden as the Superego.
"If he asked... I'd let him do me."
- Alcohol Hic: "Hi America, and welcome to Denmark *hiccup*"
- The Alcoholic: Almost always seen with a beer bottle in his hand, and usually showing evidence of having already drunk several by the time a given comic begins.
- Ambiguously Gay: And he does push the envelope.
- Anything That Moves. And a fair number of things that don't.
- Attention Deficit...A NINJA!!
- Big Eater: He likes smørrebrød, a type of sandwich piled high with fillings.
- Big "NO!": Denmark uttered this when the beer ghost came for his beer.
- Chivalrous Pervert: As seen here. Sure, he asks if he's gonna get laid, but only after he makes Sister Australia's wish come true.
- Clingy Jealous Guy: Towards Norway, considering how many wars he fought over him and his reaction to losing him.
- Elegant Classical Musician: He apparently plays the violin. But from Sweden's reaction he could either be a Dreadful Musician or just snarks on Denmark's perverse pass on Sister Germany.
- Epic Fail: Denmark used Swedish! Missed by a Mile!
- Ethical Slut: Not as much as Sister Sweden, but qualifies with some redeeming traits.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Denmark has a certain appeal for straight guys, according to the author.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Word of God is that his specific orientation is "everythingsexual." He does seem to end up with guys more often, though, and not just because of the gender bias in the cast. Weirdly, he seems to hit on more women but ends up sleeping with more men.
- The Hedonist: The resident party animal.
- If I Can't Have You: If Denmark can't win The North Pole's love, he'd rather have her stay as an Ice Queen.
- Idiot Hair: To fit his idiot personality.
- Idiot Hero: Certainly dumber than the rest of the characters. This is extra funny when you take the author's origin into consideration.
- Innocent Bigot: In Monkey Man, Denmark mistakes South Africa for a monkey. This does not end well.note
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: He doesn't look quite as manly as his fellow Scandinavian countries, as he appears smaller and more sensitive than them. The way he often clings on to Norway is a plus.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy : He lets Norway go to save him from Sweden.
- Jerkass: Towards Iceland, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands in this comic.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He cares a lot for Norway, and maybe Sweden as well deep down. He also didn't ask Sister Australia if he was going to get laid before making her wish come true first.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Per Word of God: "Denmark doesn't care what you are. Only thing that matters is if you want to have sex with him or not."
- Mood-Swinger: He was pretty unpredictable back in the old days. Still has some shades of it now.
- Our Mermen Are Different: No, really...
- Playing To The Fetishes: He's not above playing on Sister Japan's Yaoi Fangirl fantasies to get her in his bed. Such as by assaulting Germany in front of her.
- Really Gets Around: Cue being a huge pervert most of the time.
- Self-Deprecation: Denmark is the character who's made fun of and is stereotyped to a ridiculous degree, as well as being an alcoholic, perverted Jerkass, moreso than Norway and Sweden. Now, guess Humon's origin.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive guy to Norway's manly man.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: With Sweden, though mostly in strips focusing on internal Nordic relations. Other times they're shown alongside each other (and Norway) with no apparent animosity, especially if they're representing Scandinavia as a whole and/or interacting with another part of the world.
- Sleep Cute: With Norway.
- Teeny Weenie: Poor thing starts sobbing over it.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sweden. They couldn't have fought so much and still hang out otherwise.
"You need to get your mind out of the gutter, Denmark."
- Adorkable: He is a stereotypical geek, and he feels embarrassed and blushes more than the rest of the characters.
- Ambiguously Gay: Before the introduction of Åland.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Finland; although most of the belligerence is from Finland. They've had sex at least once, and Word of God said it was due to their Axis Powers Hetalia personality swap, where Sweden is the cold one and Finland the cuddly one and scared of Sweden, not the other way around as it is in Humon's comics.
- Berserk Button/Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?
- Bestiality Is Depraved: "I was a stupid teenager! I was horny! And it was a really cute horse!"
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's a pretty nice guy now, but every once in a while, we get hints of the reason why the rest of the world feared him...
- Big Brother Instinct: Or so he claims. He outright says this once, with different reactions from the Nordic countries.
- Big "NO!": In Long Cold Nights.
- Blind Without 'Em: And they're so thick that when Denmark steals them he's blind with them.
- Broken Record: "No war! No war! No war! No war! No war! No war! No war! No war!"
- Character Development: Sweden is the character who by far has changed the most since the beginning. He started off with his sexuality being only a subtle implication that was never spoken of and he always dodged about, but over time he slowly has been opening up, and eventually he acquired a boyfriend.
- Character Tics/Expressive Hair: Sweden's hair sticks out when he's angry or frustrated.
- The Comically Serious: Usually plays the Straight Man role to the rest of the cast.
- Deadpan Snarker: Again, as part of his Only Sane Man role.
- Friend to All Living Things: To a lesser degree than Norway but still one. Early in the comics, he's seen looking after his moose. Much to Denmark's horror of finding one.
- Gag Penis: Apparently, he has the biggest penis of all the Nordic countries, simply because Sweden has the biggest population.
- Nerd Glasses: Since the stereotype of Swedes is tech geeks.
- Nightmare Fetishist: If this comic is anything to go by.
- Only Sane Man: What Sweden sees himself as.
- Oops I Forgot I Was Married: Norway reminded him of their three year anniversary and was quite upset Sweden kept forgetting. Denmark didn't want them to divorce since his country just allowed same sex marriage.
- Pacifist: Aspires to be an Actual Pacifist, but in practice more of a Martial Pacifist or Technical Pacifist (especially where Denmark is concerned).
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With his sister. One really has to wonder how they ended up so different.
- Promotion to Parent: To his nephew Scania; he didn't really want the boy growing up idolizing irresponsible Denmark or flighty Sister Sweden.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: With Denmark, though mostly in strips focusing on internal Nordic relations. Other times they're shown alongside each other (and Norway) with no apparent animosity, especially if they're representing Scandinavia as a whole and/or interacting with another part of the world.
- The Smart Guy: The brains of the group.
- Straight Gay: He comes out of the closet partway through the series and starts going out with Aland, but he's the Straight Man of the group.
- Transparent Closet: Though he comes out of it later, a reference to the fact that Sweden is one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world.
- Tsundere: Towards Denmark.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Denmark. They couldn't have fought so much and still hang out otherwise.
- To a lesser extent, Norway, surprisingly, when it's Truth in Television that Norwegians and Swedes make fun of each other more.
- Walking Techfix: "*PLING*"
"I don't like the zoo. I prefer seeing the animals out in the wild..."
- The Bear: Norway is a Big Beautiful Man with a nice Carpet of Virility, strong muscles, but with just the right amount of chub. Denmark admits to having a preference for this type, which is probably why he ends up sleeping with Norway a lot.
- The Beastmaster: A fantasy sketch depicts him as a Viking warrior with command over wolves and eagles. (Probably not intended to carry over to the main comic.)
- Berserk Button: Don't take his coffee. This happens.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He has his occasional moments, but he's usually the Straight Man.
- Even The Lesbians Want Him: According to the author.
- Friend to All Living Things: Except for polar bears, though it's the polar bears who are Always Chaotic Evil. He's also not too kind to whales...
- Gentle Giant: Taller than the rest of the cast, but also the most kind.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Norway seems to be relatively straight, he just happens to have lots and lots of fairly ambiguous sex with Denmark. There was also Jan Mayen (see Kissing Cousins).
- Kissing Cousins/Fridge Horror: Norway introduced the others to his cousin Jan Mayen as his "friend". Sweden commented that he looked dead. It was later revealed that Norway and Jan Mayen used to have an incestuous relationship, and that Jan Mayen got killed for it. That means Norway is keeping the corpse of his dead lover somewhere in his house...
- Must Have Caffeine: NOM NOM NOM
- Nice Guy: Definitely when compared to Denmark and Sweden.
- Only Sane Man: He's by far the most laid-back of the main four. Compared to Sweden being uptight, Finland being Axe Crazy and Denmark being a Cloud Cuckoolander, he's the most likely to just observe from afar without getting involved.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Norway does this when upset.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly man to Denmark's sensitive guy.
- Sleep Cute: With Denmark.
- Straight Man: Most of the time, anyway.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He's usually seen with a fish, which sometimes doubles as a Head Pet / Empathy Pet.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Sweden, surprisingly, and it's Truth in Television that they make fun of each other to a ridiculous degree, but they both see it as a friendly, sibling nudge.
- The Alcoholic: Never seen without booze in hand.
- Ax-Crazy/An Axe to Grind: As seen here.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sweden. They've had sex at least once, and Word of God said it was due to their Axis Powers Hetalia personality swap, where Sweden is the cold one and Finland the cuddly one and scared of Sweden, not the other way around as it is in Humon's comics.
- Berserk Button: Taking Finland's coffee, Finland losing at hockey, or laughing at his hat.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Has a moment of this by throwing the Cluster Perkele Bomb when he loses to Denmark in hockey. It doesn't help the fact that he was also thrashing around and had a broken hockey stick at his feet.
- Broken Record/Cluster Perkele Bomb: He says Perkele 306 times when initially losing ice hockey to Denmark.
- Carpet of Virility: Not as much as Canada's though.
- Casual Kink: He is a BDSM submissive to Sister Sweden.
- Catch Phrase/Foreign Cussword: "Perkele..." For the most part, this is the only actual word he speaks. The rest of his "dialogue" is limited to "*evil snigger*" or "*grunt*".
- Cold Sniper: Finland shot a key out of Åland's hand. FROM SWITZERLAND. (This is a Shout-Out to Simo Häyhä.)
Switzerland: Nice shot.
- Enemy to All Living Things: Punches deer in the ass. Just because.
- Frenemy: Sometimes he chases the other Nordics around with an axe, sometimes he invites them over to relax in his sauna.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Nobody knows what his problem is (partly because he won't talk about it).
- Improbable Aiming Skills: See Cold Sniper. A reference to one of the standout examples of this trope, Simo Häyhä.
- Knife Nut: Finns are stereotypically seen as always carrying knives, so of course he has one.
- Lethal Chef: King Europe thought Finland's cuisine was so bad, he forced Åland to live with him as a cook. His desert's resemblance to poop is a running joke.
- Likes Older Women: According to his porn preferences, he's a fan of the experienced ladies.
- My Girl Is Not a Slut: Sorry, Finland, she is.
- Nice Hat: Which he almost never removes.
- Perpetual Frowner: Except when the maniacal grin shows up — then, run!
- The Quiet One: Humon originally wanted him to be medically mute, but later decided he's mute by choice. He'll really only swear, and talk if he has to. The most he ever says is (roughly) "Are you mocking my hat...?" and "You're mocking me..." in the strip where Humon has everyone talking in their native languages.
- Serious Business:
- Throws Cluster Perkele Bomb tantrums over losing at ice hockey.
- He's also not too crazy that he knows Swedish, or that his nephew speaks nothing but Swedish.
- Sign Language: Sometimes he waves his arms around in his own bastardized version of this (before resorting to using literal signs) though Aland gave up on trying to understand after he used similar gestures for "Vodka!" and "There's a cat under the house!"
- Talking with Signs: Sometimes resorts to this to communicate without speaking, though hilariously even his signs are often wordless pictograms.
- Token Evil Teammate: Depends on your definition of "evil."
- Tsundere: Towards Sweden, although Deredere!Finland wasn't exactly himself that day...
- Used To Be A Sweet Finn: According to Humon, Finland was a happy person back when he and Sweden were friends, but became the angry, drunken, knife wielding maniac we know after they had a falling out.
"You guys always try to shut me out of everything!"
"I found your porn collection!"
"Wha...I don't...Why are you watching that?"
- Abhorrent Admirer: Towards Sweden. Though it's less her looks, and more her Knife Nut tendencies (and her, well, sex) that make her abhorrent.
- Badass: Is quite capable of beating up her brother. The only reason why Finland doesn't attempt to murder Fenno-Swede is that mommy wouldn't like it at all.
- Berserk Button: She's destroyed several televisions and a number of tapes of Sister Sweden having sex with Finland, which Sister Sweden insists on watching when she's around.
- Burn the Witch!: It doesn't seem to do much though.
- Dominatrix: Sister Finland tries, but she's not so good at the "sexy" part and she doesn't have slick matching gear.
- Doting Parent: According to this strip, she spoils FennoSwede rotten.
- Knife Nut: Like her brother.
- Kuudere: Has a crush on Sweden that swings between cute and creepy. She was dere-dere enough to let Sister Iceland do a make over with her hair once.
- Nice Hat: Like her brother, wears a bobble cap.
- Perpetual Frowner: Never seen smiling once in the comic, not even when crushing on Sweden.
- The Quiet One: Unlike her brother, she never speaks at all, not even to swear.
"Oooooh! A pony!"
Islands, Autonomous Regions, Territories, Etc
"Come out come out wherever you are, Russia!!! You wanted my "special services" didn't you!? Then come over here and get it!!"
"Go fuck yourself, Denmark! You ruined my life!"
"It's me! The Faroes! We live together! I pay rent to you!"
"I'm not mumbling. That's how I talk..."
- The Chew Toy: Sweden doesn't seem to respect him at all.
- Disappeared Dad: Subverted—Denmark is his father, though neither of them knows it. (When Sweden finds out, he tells Scania his father was killed in a car accident so that the boy wouldn't look up to the irresponsible Denmark as a role model.)
- Missing Mom: Well, she's still present, but his mother, Sister Sweden doesn't seem to have much investment in his life. Sweden is the one that raised him.
The son of Sweden and Sister Finland.
- Cheerful Child: Despite his insane family. Apparently it's because his mother spoils him. note
- The Voiceless: He doesn't speak very often. Most he's said to date are "Yes!" and "No sir!". He speaks Swedish (shown by the flag in his bubble) which pisses Finland off to no end. This is a reflection of real life Fenno-Swedes.
"You were being an idiot, that's what happened."
- Posthumous Character: Was apparently executed during the Renaissance for having an incestuous relationship with Norway, which is only revealed several strips after his first appearance. Sweden points out that "he looks dead". That's right, Norway introduces his friends to the dead body of his onetime lover/cousin. Which he keeps around to have conversations with. (In real life, Jan Mayen is an inhospitable volcanic island with no real population other than some researchers.)
- Pity the Kidnapper: When Denmark had to give Bornholm up to Sweden, Bornholm responded by beating Sweden up until he let him go back.
"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude! That butterfly looks stoned!"
"...I'm already here."
- I'm Standing Right Here: Norway has trouble noticing his existence.
- Nephewism: Possibly this with Norway. The paternity with Fenno-Swede and Scania is the child having the father's language but within the mother's land. So Kven may be Finland and Sister Norway's child.
- Nice Hat: It looks like Cappy's.
"Well, if you must ask; I'm an intellectual who speaks more than 20 languages, my food is excellent, my art is deep, I'm a great lover who is sexy without being vulgar, I rule my kingdom with peace, and I ride a mean scooter."
"Hello, old chaps. Lovely weather."
As one of the Nordics' biggest trading partners (and one of the Nordics' favourite former chew toys), England shows up a lot—probably more than any other character except America and Germany. He is also the spokesman character for the (still developing) animated series. Gets along well with Sweden.
"Vampires are just so irresistible"
"Hey, why are you wearing that flag, England? What's wrong with your own flag, huh?"
"Yeah, you think you can speak on our behalf? Like we don't have our own personality and opinions."
"New Zealand! You should have told you me you had been sheared! I would've knocked!"
"What the-? Are you making weird porn again, Germany?"
"I've changed!! I really have!! I'm sorry!! I've changed!! I promise!!"
A nice guy, but traumatised by World War II
. Shows up a lot, since he's good friends with Denmark, although not as close as Netherlands.
- All Germans Are Nazis: Goes out of his way to demonstrate how this is untrue.
- Apologises a Lot: All the time.
- The Atoner: Has shades of this, out of guilt for Nazi Germany's actions. The characterization of the different nations is related to national stereotypes, so this may be the comic's way of showing that Germany has literally become a different person since World War II. German media also constantly reminds its own population about the horrors Nazi Germany committed, through articles, documentaries or the history lessons in school, and overt displays of patriotism and national pride make Germans a bit uncomfortable (except during the World Cup, of course). This also adds to the stereotype of them constantly apologizing for WWII even if they were not reminded of it by someone.
- Broken Record: Following the above quote.
- Butt Monkey: Denmark and Netherlands just won't stop targeting him with their bizarre sexual fetishes. To be specific, they aren't even interested in him; they just like to assault him in front of Sister Japan to provoke her yaoi-induced nosebleeds. Austria also seems to do this to him.
- Germanic Depressives: Duh!
- Heroic BSOD: Tends to get them as a result of unexpected references to Naziism or Logic Bombs. "Cute Puppy" sees him suffer a BSOD (complete with Unsound Effect) as a result of a dog giving him a Nazi salute (as trained by Finland), while "Evil Flag" has him go catatonic after the Scandinavians point out that his aversion to seeing his own flag being waved is at odds with the fact that he is wearing a German flag shirt.
- Messy Hair: Humon is Danish, and since the Danes live right next door to Germany, they have a very different stereotype than the American "Nazi" one. Their stereotype is a scruffy guy who loves sausage.
- Ship Tease: With Sister Japan.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Surprisingly, he is nothing like his sister; he is an apologetic, wimpy pushover whereas his sister is a fearsome, scary lady who knocks anyone down if they stare at her Boobs of Steel.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sausage. Not nearly as much as Norway's fish, but he is frequently seen hauling one around.
"YOU WILL LOOK ME IN THE EYES OR DESPAIR!!!"
"You know, there's a storm coming, and I was wondering if you would like to stay at my place until it's over?"
"I always wondered why Germany digs holes in our beaches."
"If you can't love me the way I am, then it's your loss!"
- Crazy-Prepared: A cow is one of the many features of his banking system.
- Genre Savvy: He knows his security system for the bank works best when he doesn't divulge any details, even to his customers.
"If it's because you're jealous. I'm sure something could be arranged..."
"Guys?! It's Estonia! I heard you were having one of your Nordic parties, so I thought I could join?!"
Latvia & Lithuania
(Lithuania) Look who's trying to be Nordic.
(Latvia) What's the matter? Simply being Baltic isn't good enough for you now?
"I-I'm sorry. I was trying to be good. What did I do?"
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Hungary worked really hard as a debt of gratitude to the Scandinavian's hospitality after the Hungarian Revolution.
- Porn Stache: Apparently, Humon asked a Hungarian what their stereotype was, and the response was "magnificent mustaches." And so it was.
- Workaholic: To the point that it made the Scandinavians’ work ethic look bad.
"Um, yeeees. I need carrots. Lots!"
- Butt Monkey: Humon mentions that Poland is the go-to country when you want someone to abuse.
- Domino Mask: To go along with his thief schtick
- Fell Off the Back of a Truck: As Humon notes, if something is stolen in Europe, there's a very good chance it'll pass through Poland.
- Justified Criminal: He's a thief, though Humon doesn't blame him since the rest of Europe treats him like slave labor.
- Sticky Fingers: He likes to steal cars.
First shows up in 2014, during the Crimean crisis.
- Dull Surprise: Is not fooled in the least by Russia's "aid".
- The Ghost: For a while. He was mentioned at least once before his appearance in 2014.
- Porn Stache: In his second appearance, he's grown one to rival Hungary.
- French Jerk: Humon confirms that he has a similar personality to France, but more rude.
- Mad Artist: Apparently it's not unusual for him to slash and/or burn his own paintings while naked, or protesting something and going on strike.
- Nice Hat: Another beret.
- Shy Bladder: Averted. He was urinating in public while talking to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible: He apparently likes to play as a misunderstood artist.
"Merry Christmas, Scandinavians!"
- Heroic BSOD: After seeing how the Scandinavians celebrate the winter holidays.
- Man in White: White robes.
- Nice Hat: The Pope hat, of course.
- The Pope: Of course.
- Witch Hunt: We see him involved into one and he tried to burn the accuser at the stake, because only heathens believe in witches!
"Hi ladies. Do you like ma' maaan boat?"
North & Central America
"Where the hell are all the mountains?!"
- America Saves the Day/America Wins the War: Or so he likes to think.
- Battle Cry: "I'll sue you!"
- Big Eater: America eats fattening food like it's nothing.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: He starts turning into one when he realizes white people are becoming a minority in his country. One comic showed him with light skin, despite the the change. Humon stated in the first comic he became dark-skinned his hair was blond because he bleaches it.
- Eagleland: While America certainly has most of the Flavor 2 traits, he does genuinely want to help others and is seen as the peace keeper when things get too out of hand (if only because he's dumb muscle). Essentially he's a Type 2 who aspires to be Type 1. Generally a mixed flavor.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Word of God says "He is a tall guy because everything in America has to be BIG."
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?: America acts like a macho man and makes a big deal about Sister Sweden's boobs. But when Sister Sweden allows him to touch those boobs....
- Head Pet: Canada, much to Canada's embarrassment.
- Innocently Insensitive: A lot of the time he doesn't even realize he's being bigoted or offensive.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He does want to help and be useful, but he only seems like a Jerk to the other characters.
- Leeroy Jenkins: How Europe sees him, regarding the Iraq war. He even namechecks the trope.
- The Mountains of Illinois: Parodied. He was shocked to discover that Denmark has no mountains. At all.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Zigzagged, with Canada as the supposed sensitive guy. America likes to pretend he's really macho, yet he's actually the more sensitive of the two.
- Strawman Political: America flip-flops between left and right depending on the comic. Though with Sister America getting more characterization, he might be staying to the right. Humon has stated that the America siblings basically have the minds of teenagers, making them incredibly opinionated to the extreme, but completely unwilling to do any research whatsoever on anything they're talking about. Leading to "debates" on whether gays are penguins or flamingos, and whether it's right to step on their eggs.
- Transparent Closet: Humon stated that America has a lot of repressed feelings for Canada, and is most likely doing some stuff "on the down-low".
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: England was a rather inattentive parent to America. Now, any time America wants England's attention, he acts out. One such event was the Boston Tea Party.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Since Great Britain was too busy doing other things to be America's father, guess what happened next.
- This apparently continued into the twentieth century, with England refusing to believe America landed on the moon.
- Why Did It Have To Be Aliens
"What's the matter, America?"
"Don't you guys care about animal welfare at all?"
- Bare Your Midriff: Always wears a tank top.
- Berserk Button: When America is mean to gays (whom she believes to be penguins). Also, shipping Denmark with anyone but Norway (and sometimes Sweden).
- Canada, Eh?: Her lapdog, Ottawa.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She became one like her brother in this comic
- Eagleland: Started out 100% type two, recently has become a mixed flavor.
- Expy: She is basically Paris Hilton with breast implants and Strawman Political overtones.
- Flanderization: Sister America started out as a Rich Bitch parody of shallow valley girls who are obsessed with plastic surgery, then she became a girl obsessed with sounding liberal without knowing anything about liberalism to balance out her brother's conservatism. Then she met Sister Japan and now she's mainly just a Yaoi Fan Girl. She seems to have backpedaled from this characterization in later comics, though.
- Head Pet: Her chihuahua.
- Odd Friendship: With Sister Japan. Due to their Yaoi Shippings.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Denmark×Norway, and nobody else (so far...). Though "sometimes [she] throw[s] Sweden into the mix.
- Spoiled Sweet: Not really spoiled, but she otherwise fits the trope. Like her brother, she's usually well-meaning and kind, just a bit stupid.
- Strawman Political: Liberal to her brother's Conservative.
- Valley Girl: Spray tan, fake boobs, shallow, overuses the word "like", frequently says "OMG!"? Yup.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Though she thinks the term "yaoi" sounds stupid....
- The Beard: America's beard, both literally and metaphorically, at least according to Denmark.
- Latin Lover: A very pretty woman, though America has a problem with her brother squatting on his lawn.
Iran & Iraq
- Flower Motif: Roses. From his 2013 Eurovision entry.
- The Ghost: He was absent in the 2011 Eurovision comic, but finally appeared in the 2013 comic.
who reveals himself as Brother Thailand to Denmark when the latter tries hitting on him, thinking he's a she.
- Crush Blush: Gets one after Denmark, upon finding out that Thailand is in fact Brother Thailand, merely switches his drink offer from a cocktail to a beer.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Thailand is a kathoey, a Thai "third gender", which is roughly analogous to a trans-gendered male, but who still identifies as a male on some level.
First seen in the comic about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
"I brought ma' wombat."
New South Wales
"What the hell did your friend just call me!!?!"
"Do you have any idea how annoying and disrespectful it is when white people do that to our kids?"
Characters that don't represent countries, continents, or regions
Back to the main page
"I drink people's beer."
Finland's pet lion. Based on this joke
about Finland's coat of arms and made into a comic here
"Nicotine patches doesn't work on me!!"
Jacob Jensen... in Spain's face!
One-shot character to illustrate a specific event note
during the Eurovision Song Contest
- The Cameo: Appears in a one off strip with Jacob Jensen.
Ukraine's Nuclear Mutants
- Adorkable: They're represented by cute snowballs with stars of David
- The Cameo: They return in the Kickstarter video for making the comics animated, where the represent the viewers.
- Fast Ball Special: As they're snowballs, Denmark sends them to Sweden by throwing them.
Brown Bear AKA Drama Bear