Sexy Sax Man
note required to play it. Whatever the cause, playing the saxophone is a surefire way to get girls... or get them hot and bothered. See also Sexophone, where saxophone riffs are used as BGM for sexy scenes.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- A frequent theme in Some Like It Hot, in which Marilyn Monroe's character has a Fetish for saxophone players, but believes they're all jerks. The main character in the film is a saxophone player, and a jerk. Right at the end, Daphne attempts to deflect the attentions of Osgood by telling him "I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player."
- Rob Lowe in St. Elmo's Fire.
- Shirtless black dude playing the saxophone in The Lost Boys.
- Lis the tall, handsome sax player in Ida. Wanda, who is obviously attracted to him, pronouces the saxophone to be a "sensuous", "male" instrument. Later, her niece Ida has sex with Lis.
- On Parks and Recreation, straitlaced boss-man Ron Swanson leads a double life at night, moonlighting as smooth jazz saxophonist Duke Silver. Predictably, the Duke is a hit with the ladies.
- Diff'rent Strokes: Arnold pretends to play sax in order to get in some girl's pants. Problem is, he can't really play. He ends up getting Clarence Clemons to play Behind the Black while he lip-blew.
- On The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Will did something similar with another famous (at the time) sax player.
- Played with in one episode of Seinfeld, where Elaine's saxophone-playing boyfriend isn't as hot and heavy as she'd like him to be. He eventully does do what she wants him to do, which makes his mouth too tired to play the saxophone and he blows an audition.
- Parodied on a Saturday Night Live Digital, Short which was inspired by Sexy Sax Man Sergio Flores (See Web Original Below). Andy Samberg is, on account of a Gypsy curse, haunted by an incredibly-sexy saxophonist (played by a half-naked Jon Hamm) named Sergio who keeps barging in on his happiest life events and inevitably attracting the attention of whatever women happen to be nearby.
- In one of their musical finales, The Two Ronnies performed as saxophone-playing lounge lizards boasting of their conquests.
- The Daily Show invokes this trope in their June 8, 2011 episode. After finding out that Anthony Weiner texted a woman discussing having sex while watching the show, Jon Stewart just decides to go with it and a shirtless man starts playing saxophone.
- Yep, even musicians think about this, at least. Steely Dan gives us 'Deacon Blues', with the refrain starting 'I'll learn to work the saxophone/ I'll play just what I feel ... ', and a later verse suggesting 'I crawl like a viper through the suburban streets/ Make love to these women, languid and bittersweet ... '
- Billy Joel's "Christie Lee" is a subversion: she's really into the saxophone, but apparently indifferent to the Sax Man himself.
She didn't need him as a man, all she wanted was the horn.
- Hatoful Boyfriend's Yuuya Sakazaki can apparently play tenor sax, according to a drawing released by his creator. He has a reputation as an "infamous studmuffin".
- Uta No Prince Sama's Ren Jinguuji is a flirtatious young man that can make large groups of her fans squee when they listen him play the sax.
- Lackadaisy's jazz musician Zib invokes this, being both a clarinetist and a saxophonist.
Q: "So I see that Zib plays the clarinet - why is he never depicted with one? (...)"A: "Vanity. He prefers being pictured with the sexyphone. (...)"
- Gender flipped with Jetta from Jem. Her main instrument is the saxophone in the pop band The Misfits, though she rarely honestly plays the sax in songs for whatever reason. Pizzazz sings a Les Yay filled song called "I Like Your Style" when they first meet about how fashionable Jetta is and her sax skills.