ABC are an influential New Romantic/Synth Pop/New Wave band from Sheffield, UK. They are most famous for their debut album, The Lexicon of Love, which was very highly acclaimed and a commercial smash. Their later albums were not so well received, and they split up in the early 1990s. But they made a comeback soon enough, and from then on have had a lucrative career on the 80s revival circuit.Not to be confused with the Jackson 5 album ABC and its title song, nor the American television network ABC.Discography:
- The Lexicon of Love (1982)
- Beauty Stab (1983)
- How to be a...Zillionaire! (1985)
- Alphabet City (1987)
- Up (1989)
- Abracadabra (1991)
- Skyscraping (1997)
- Traffic (2008)
ABC's work contains examples of:
- Breakup Album: The Lexicon of Love, arguably.
- Face of the Band: Lead singer Martin Fry, and how!
- Record Producer: Trevor Horn, for their first album.
- Sexy Sax Man: Their sax player Stephen Singleton is said to be this in the introducing-the-band song "Alphabet Soup": "Now sax equals sex, equals sax / Which makes Stephen pornographic..."
- Singer Namedrop: "The Look of Love (Part 1)" has this, along with Spoken Word in Music:And though my friends just might ask meThey say "Martin, maybe one day you'll find true love"I say "Maybe, there must be a solutionTo the one thing, the one thing, we can't find"
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.