This is a page for the Cumberholmes Role-Playing Game, a Fan Work featured exclusively on Twitter. There is a LiveJournal that accompanies this community which can be found here. Based on the Mini Series Sherlock, this RP has expanded beyond the featured BBC cast to include some of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's canon characters, such as Tobias Gregson and one of the Baker Street Irregulars (a group of employed Street Urchins who are all Conveniently an Orphan) named Wiggins. For the uninitiated, an excellent summation of the history and relationships of most of the characters in the RP can be found here.
This roleplay provides examples of:
- Sherlock Scan: Sherlock; he knows your name, age, weight, blood type, and favorite flavour of icecream at a glance.Cumberholmes @irene_adlr_nrtn I can list everything you've touched and how often you've washed your hands over the last 24hrs by tasting your fingers.* Shower of Angst
- They Fight Crime!"Sherlock Holmes: He's a doctor scarred by the war in Afghanistan! He's a substance-abusing dilettante private consulting detective! They Fight Crime!"
- Evil Is Sexy
- Evil Is Cool.
- Murder, Inc. Moriarty's Nebulous Evil Organisation.
- The Dark Side
Jim Moriarty alias: M_forMoriarty
- Magnificent Bastard
- Evil Counterpart to Sherlock, of course.
- Enfant Terrible Started his reign of terror as a youth with the horrible, virtually untraceable murder of Carl Powers; the adorable part is potentially disputable, however.
- The Don
- Mad Bomber
- Psycho for Hire It is practically his job description.
- Draco in Leather Pants Potentially also applies to Seb.
- Villain with Good Publicity More so for the name than the actual Trope.
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Big Bad
- I Lied He's soooooo changeable.
- Sharp-Dressed Man One Word: Westwood.
- So Sharply Dressed that he is, in fact, a Man of Wealth and Taste.
- Subverts the Vegetarian Clause in the Noble Profession Trope. (Although technically he is a Pescatarian and therefore may not count.)
- Affably Evil
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Mad Mathematician
Sebastian Moran alias: SebMoran
- Acquired Poison Immunity to pretty much every lethal toxin known to MAN and BEAST.* Rated M for Manly
- Colonel Badass Also his actual army rank.
- The Dragon
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Colonel Kilgore
- One-Man Army
- Major Injury Underreaction, arguably the King of This Trope.
- Real Men Eat Meat
- Definitely has Improbable Aiming Skills
- Great White Hunter
- The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
- Professional Killer
- Has a fascinating Back Story which can be found here: Painted Dreams and Burning Fires
- Femme Fatalons
Irene Adler-Norton alias: irene_adlr_nrtn
- Black Widow
- Classy Cat-Burglar
- Impossible Thief
- Like Sally, is also a Snark Knight
- May be fat but can still Screw The Rules Because She's Beautiful, honey.
Mary Morstan alias: Mary_Morstan
- Took a Level in Badass some time before the RP's beginning, which makes her aBadassTeacher
- The Piano Player
- She always has a quip at hand.
- In other words, she's taken many levels in Witty Banter
Wiggins alias: Wig_out
Langdale Pike alias: PickledPike
- Generally a physical embodiment of a Dartboard of Hate.
- Frequently Utilises Insane Troll Logic.
- Fond of Malicious Slander.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Slave to PR
- Nosy Neighbour
- Red Shirt Reporter
- Eyepatch After Time Skip
- Seems to be under the thumb of a Corrupt Corporate Executive who leaves him Chained to a Bed.
Henry Knight alias: _HenryKnight
Dr. Stapleton alias: DrStapleton1
Dr. Louise Mortimer alias: DrLMortimer
Angelo alias: Angelo_ok
- Catchphrase : Ambiance.
- Could be considered a Pyromaniac, although a friendly one.
- Part of The Clan with a Family Business featured in this RP.
- Subverts the One Steve Limit
- Almighty Janitor
- Gratuitous Italian
Ella Thompson alias: ellatheshrink
- The Shrink
- The Movie Buff
- Fond of Action-Adventure
- Will employ Implausible Deniability if caught partaking in them, however.
- Maiden Aunt Except not elderly and probably Straight Gay for Mary.
- Not a Friend to All Children
- You will never see her participating in a Shopping Montage. Ever.
Harry Watson alias: HforHarriet
Sarah Sawyeralias: DrSarahBear
Bluebell alias: Glow_Bunny
Kitty Reilly alias: kitty_reports
Sebastian Wilkes alias: WilkesSebastian
Hector Smythe alias: hectorsmythe
Bracken Holmes alias: brackenholmes
Geoff Lestrade alias: lestradesnr
Mummy Moriarty alias: MummyMoriarty
Inspector Poirotalias: bloodypoirot
- Exotic Detective, mentioned on the actual page; one could argue that his twin moustaches are rather exotic.
- Poirot Speak
Johnathan Creekalias: jonathan_creek
Nancy Drewalias: ndrew_nvstig8s
- Not Quite Dead
Bad Cabbie, "Jeff"alias: bad_cabbie
- Not My Driver Parodied when he comes back from the grave on Halloween to drive characters to a Party at the Holmes Estate.
Carl Powersalias: PoorCarlPowers
Godfrey Nortonalias: godfrey_nrtn
- Was Once a Jerkass
Jennifer Wilsonalias: thelady_inpink
Molly Hooperalias: Molliarty
Shan, Ghost Of alias: Brack_Rotus
- Politically Incorrect Villain
- Intentional Engrish for Funny
- Fantastic Racism (As Long as It Sounds Foreign)
- Accent Adaptation
- Could be considered Just a Stupid Accent.
Victor Trevor alias: victor_trevor
- Firmly believes that Misery Builds Character
The Deputy Chief
- To her, There Is Only One Bed and his name is Greg.
- Fights Generic Ethnic Crime Gangs.
Semi-Related Role Plays
Infinite Sherlock alias: Ananta Sherlock
Infinite John alias: Ananta Watson
Infinite Mycroft alias: Ananta Mycroft
Infinite Irene alias: Ananta Irene
Infinite Jim alias: Ananta Moriarty
RoboHudson alias: RoboHudson
Infinite Jam alias: Ananta Jam
Death Frisbee alias: Ananta Hat
Gata alias: Gata
The Hound/Snuffles alias: TheBaskerHound
Cpt Martin Crieff alias: FlyMeImFriendly
Douglas Richardson alias: SirDouglasMJN
Arthur Shappey alias: ArthurKnappShap
Carl alias: FittonATC
Mary Sue Smiley alias marysuethatswho
- Love Dodecahedron The constantly-breaking-and-reforming relationships, crushes, and flirtations in this RP require graphs to understand.
- Parental Favoritism See Mummy's varying attitudes towards Mycroft, Bracken, and Sherlock; perhaps even Mrs. Moriarty's with her multiple sons named Jim, as well?
- Enough Ho Yay to keep you warm at night, but Jim also offers Suspiciously Specific Denial.
- Mistaken for Gay Applies to practically everyone in some form; most notably Sherlock and John; Seb and Jim.
- dilestrade: @M_forMoriarty @SebMoran You two are starting a trend of showing up at exactly the same moment. Like a gay echo.
- Batman & Robin Lestrade and Wigs.
- They do not, however, star in a terrible film.
- Well, not yet, at any rate.
- They do not, however, star in a terrible film.
- Cargo Ship Many a character has a beloved item.
- Example A: Sherlock's Coat.
- Example B: John and Jam.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners Seb and Jim; Sherlock and John
- Polyamory in the form of an Open Relationship Suggested label for the John/Sarah/Mary triangle that went on.
- Captain Smooth and Sergeant Rough Lestrade and Sally.
- Accidental Marriage When Cumberholmes married irene_adlr_nrtn in Vegas.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas Sometimes their Henchmen do, too.
- Bar Brawl Started by Seb ends up with Lestrade carting him off to a Holding Cell.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip Sherlock and John accidentally Body-Swapped for about a day.