A being from the Mindscape, an alien dimension that connects the minds of all living things, that became trapped in the mind of human college student Rick Sheridan and gained the ability to manifest in our world when Rick was asleep. Went from protecting the minds of sleeping humans from demons and nightmares to protecting their physical bodies and possessions from criminals and supervillains.
- Alien Among Us: He's a tall, gangly humanoid with olive-green skin, dark red compound eyes, no hair whatsoever, and funky purple and blue clothing.
- Aliens Speaking English: All the time he spent in Rick Sheridan's mind taught him how to speak human languages.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Humans generally tended to treat him like shit, despite all the effort he made to help them.
- Dream Land: The Mindscape is one of these.
- Eye Beams: Sleepwalker's warp vision can alter the shape and physical characteristics of anything he hits with them.
- Failure Is the Only Option: He's actually had several chances to return home, but he's always had to forgo them for one reason or another.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Sleepwalker finds humans to be often bizarre and contradictory creatures.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Sleepy's gotten a little bitter over the reception he's gotten from humans for his bizarre appearance, despite his attempts to help them.
- Made of Iron: While he's not invincible, Sleepwalker's alien body can withstand a lot more punishment than the average human.
- The Unpronounceable: Sleepwalker's real name can't be pronounced by humans, so he just has them call him Sleepwalker.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Sort of-Sleepwalker can alter the shape of other things with his warp beams, although he can't alter his own physical appearance.
Originally an engineer specializing in propulsion systems, Jeff Hagrees turned to pool as a means of relieving the stress of his job. Unfortunately, he began gambling on pool games too, which cost him a lot of money. His employers suspected he was selling company secrets to pay his gambling debts, and fired him even without any proof. Turning to supervillainy, he combined his engineering talents with his love of pool as a basis for his criminal motif, and went on to face Sleepwalker.
- Affably Evil: 8-Ball's actually a pretty nice guy... when he's not trying to crush people under bank vaults or strap them to giant exploding pool balls, anyway.
- Bad Guys Play Pool: Not only is he an expert player, he also based his whole criminal motif on the game.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Subverted. He started out as a legitimate engineer, before being fired for being accused of selling company secrets. Chances are he was blacklisted for this, and couldn't find a job afterwards.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: After getting called out on his bragging by the Hobgoblin, 8-Ball accepts a $100,000 bet to see who can kill Sleepwalker first.
- Improbable Weapon User: 8-Ball's main weapon is a jet-propelled cue stick that can propel anything it hits with devastating force. He also uses exploding pool balls as weapons, floating cameras in the shape of billiard balls, and giant hovercrafts shaped like pool racks as transportation.
- Nice Helmet: That giant 8-Ball helmet actually looks pretty spiffy when combined with the rest of his costume.
- Villainous Friendship: Often seen playing pool with Oddball.
A demon from the Mindscape, Sleepwalker's home dimension, that imprisoned Sleepwalker in Rick Sheridan's mind. This proved to be part of a larger Evil Plan to invade the Earth and frame Sleepwalker for it.
- Arch-Enemy: To Sleepwalker.
- Evil Plan: The overarching plot in the Sleepwalker comics is Cobweb's planned conquest of Earth.
- Manipulative Bastard: According to Sleepwalker, Cobweb often twists his victims' perceptions of reality until they can no longer tell truth from lies. He more than lives up to his reputation.
- Master of Illusion: He puts Rick Sheridan through a horrific experience in the Mindscape that's meant to sow doubt in Rick's mind about Sleepwalker's true nature.
- Mind Rape: To Rick Sheridan. Then there's all the minds his mindspawn destroy.
- Mooks: Cobweb is served by a small army of "mindspawn", lesser demons of the Mindscape, which he empowers.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Cobweb's body is made up of an infinite number of strands, which he can reshape and manipulate at will.
A nightmarish monstrosity created when serial killer Jeremy Roscoe became fused with a demon from the Mindscape. In addition to possessing all of Sleepwalker's warping powers, he has the additional ability to drive his victims mad just by looking at them. Oh, and he's batshit insane.
- Ax-Crazy: He was like this as plain old Jeremy Roscoe. It went From Bad to Worse afterwards.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: This is what happened to his victims.
- Evil Counterpart: Rick Sheridan is a good-natured Ordinary High-School Student who became fused with a heroic alien warrior from the Mindscape. Jeremy Roscoe became fused with a demonic entity from the Mindscape and turned into a hideous freak with warping powers like Sleepwalker's.
- Eye Beams: Not only can Psyko's eyebeams warp inanimate objects the way Sleepwalker's do, they can also induce madness in anyone they make contact with.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Mind Rape: Just about everyone he encounters, but Sleepwalker worst of all.
- More Than Mind Control: He just about brainwashed Sleepwalker into murdering Spectra, something which would have permanently driven the alien hero insane.
- Serial Killer: This is what Roscoe was before he turned into Psyko.
- Two Beings, One Body: He's a human fused with a Mindscape demon.