This is a list of characters appearing in the game Dark Subconscious.
- Back from the Dead: Everyone has been killed, but were spared from the afterlife and now live in Daniel's Subconscious.
- In the game's ending, Everyone except Justin is killed again, and are brought back through a Deal With Jack.
- Determinator: Pretty much the entire party.
- Limit Break: Everyone has access to unique moves called Adrenaline Rushes.
The main protagonist and leader of the group. He was friends with Daniel, until he joined the Timberwolves and was killed. He was later absorbed into Daniel, and they became friends again. Justin unintentionally stole some of the Archangel's power when he was absorbed, giving him Dark Powers.
- Anti-Hero/ Classical Anti-Hero: Uses dark power, and is ashamed of his past.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Justin Gremori Ferin.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Learns new Scythe skills by reading magazines.
- Berserk Button: Harming/ killing his friends. Daesidgea finds out first hand what happens when you press it.
- Casting a Shadow: Weilds dark powers that he gained from the Archangel.
- Declaration of Protection: Since Daniel is stuck fighting against monsters on the outside, Justin declares that he will protect him from the monsters inside.
- Enemy Within: Darkside
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Is a natural blonde and is very heroic.
- Humanoid Abomination: It's eventually revealed that Jack set things up to turn Justin into a new Archangel.
- Human Weapon: Was intended to be one by Jack.
- Improbable Weapon User: Scythes are realistically very hard to use in combat. Justin is aware of this.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Has very balanced stats, with his scythes giving a slight emphasis on attack power. Taken to extremes with his Dark Angel class, which is by far the strongest class.
- Life Drain: Dread Harvester.
- Magic Knight: has both physical and magical attacks at his disposal.
- One-Winged Angel: Two examples;
- Red Baron: Was referred to as "Reaper" when he was with the Timberwolves. He still uses the nickname sometimes.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Is the only male character who can equip hair accessories. like ponytails and headbands.
- Reverse Grip: Holds his scythe like this most of the time.
- Sinister Scythe: His signature weapon.
- Technical Pacifist: Is generally against killing, and will stand against his allies to stop them from harming innocents. ON the other hand, he will show no mercy to anyone who harms his friends.
- 10-Minute Retirement: At one point in the Dark Angel sidequest, he leaves the party and you have to fight him to free him from Darkside's control.
- Throwing Your Scythe Always Works: Learns a skill that lets him throw his scythe. It's very powerful, but throws off his balance when he does it.
- Tomato in the Mirror: It's revealed that he's slowly becoming a new Archangel, and gaining the power of a Fear.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Jack. Jack arranged Justin's death and set up events so that Justin would become a new archangel, and tried to get Justin to make a deal with him, so that the Archangel would be in his debt.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no qualms fighting against woman.
The daughter of Father Francis, and the only character who was never part of the Archangel. She's new to the whole Fear thing, and often needs things explained to her. She possesses healing powers, and has a couple light based attacks.
- Audience Surrogate: Needs things explained to her at different points. It gets lampshaded;Quan; "Somebody provide Exposition!!!
- Healing Factor: Can grant this to party members using her Regeneration skill.
- Healing Hands: Is able to heal and even revive party members.
- Light 'em Up: A couple of her adrenaline rushes deal light based damage.
- Simple Staff: Wields one. It's not good for dealing damage, but it boosts her magic power.
- Squishy Wizard: Has low attack power an health, but is necessary for her healing powers.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Learns that she's one of the Game Master's Emmissaries.
- White M Age: The team healer.
A member of the SMSC, who was killed by the Game Master. She teams up with Justin during the game, and eventually warms up to him, enough to reveal her true name.
- Action Girl: Is more combat oriented then Carla is.
- An Ice Person: Her Ice and Glacier attacks deal ice damage.
- Black Mage: Unleashes fire and ice attacks using her guns.
- Fantastic Nuke: Her Destruction Bullets and Grenades.
- The Gunslinger: Fights using guns, which boost her magic stat.
- Mage Marksman: Uses special ammunition to deal elemental damage.
- Non-Elemental: Her Destruction attacks ignore defense and have no element.
- Playing with Fire: Her fire and inferno attacks deal fire damage.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has jet black hair and pale skin.
- Squishy Wizard: Like Carla, she's better suited for magic then melee.
An Enhanced Slenderproxy who was once locked in jail and freed by Slender M An. He's extremely strong, and prefers to fight with his hands instead of other weapons.
- Anti-Hero: A former servant of the Slender Man, who enjoys getting in fist fights.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Can throw boulders and cause earthquakes by punching the ground.
- Dual Wielding: The only character who can. Justified, since he fights exclusively with gloves and claws.
- Dumb Muscle: Not that dumb, but he's not exactly the smartest teammate.
- I Shall Taunt You: His starting ability lets him taunt enemies, boosting their attack but locking their special skills.
- Nice Guy: Despite his past, he's a pretty nice character and is accepting of the others, even if he does annoy them sometimes.
- Super Strength: Has the highest attack stat, next to Dark Angel Justin. He can even boost his own strength with some of his skills.
The protagonist of The World Through These Eyeholes. A former servant of the Covocation who can summon replicas of them, he is violent and has yet to let go of his old ways. Created by The Somnambulist.
- Anti-Hero/ Anti-Villain: Was a mass murderer in life, and hasn't changed much, despite joining Justin's team.
- Bilingual Bonus: Before fighting Daesidgea, he says the Russian phrase "Idi k chertu, Vashe Velichestvo!", roughly translating into "Go to hell, your majesty."
- Bloody Murder: IS able to inflict Bloody status with most of his weapons.
- Blow You Away: Has access to some wind attacks.
- Brick Joke: before the rematch with Jack, he says "Go to hell, and when you get there, tell Ben Malkator I said hi.", to which Jack replies "You can tell him yourself." When the party encounters Malkator, Faceless's first reaction is "Um... hi."
- Heel Realization; Inverted. Upon speaking to him in Justin's house, he realizes there might still be some good in him."I guess we're both insane.""What do you mean?""You're crazy enough to think there's still good in me. I'm almost crazy enough to believe you."
- Lightning Bruiser: Very quick and able to deal a lot of damage at higher levels.
- Machete Mayhem: Amongst other lightweight swords, he prefers these.
- Magic Knight: Much like Justin, only he emphasizes speed over power.
- Red Baron: Calls himself the Faceless Bastard because he cut off his own face in life.
- The Rival: To Justin, especially if you get his rival path.
- Sadist: Very violent, and won't hesitate to strike down an opponent. He even inflicts heavily bleeding wounds sometimes, and his final weapon cauterizes wounds shut to add to the pain.
- Shock and Awe: Uses lightning based attacks.
- Sinister Scythe: His final weapon is a special scythe made to cauterize wounds.
- Story Branching: Sort of. Early in the game, Justin has to stop Faceless from killing someone, and the choices the player makes affect how Faceless interacts with the party for the rest of the game.
A former servant of the Unnamed Child, who's forgotten his original name. He's a brilliant chess player who applies his skills to the battle field, and often gives pretty good advice in the Entryways. Created by Atik.
- The Chessmaster: A heroic example. He can use his chess skills to boost the party's defense, counter enemy moves, and tends to give the best advice in Entryways.
- Improbable Weapon User/ Joke Weapon: Wields chess pieces as weapons. Yeah, even Acelegin's not sure how that works.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The only character who can use shields.
- Non-Action Guy: Is better suited to defense then offense. He becomes extremely effective once he learns the En Passant skill.
- Took a Level in Badass: He becomes a lot stronger on the Board, as all non-tournament enemies there are weak to his damage type.
- Again, En Passant.
- When he's given his new name, he finds the strength to resist the Unnamed Child.
A former Oathbreaker. He was almost killed by Faceless, but Justin saved him, and he now considers himself to be in Justin's debt. Created by No Fourth Wall.
- The Atoner: Seeks to repay Justin for saving his life.
- BFS: Most of his weapons, especially Plaguespreader.
- Healing Hands: Is able to remove most status effects with his Treatment skills.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Gains a katana and a daito, which aren't his best weapons, but are pretty good.
- Making a Splash: A couple of his adrenaline rushes are water based.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His real name remains unknown.
- Poisonous Person: Can use several status effects against enemies.
- Red Baron: His title.
A young man, who remains calm to hide his violent nature. He was sent by Rillek to destroy Justin's party from the inside, but grows fond of them and decides not to. Created by Phobos.
- Bloody Murder: Like Faceless, he's able to inflict Bloody status.
- Double Reverse Quadruple Agent: He starts out secretly working for Rillek, and was supposed to kill Justin, but betrays Rillek in the end in favor of his new allies.
- The Gunslinger: Can use handguns, but doesn't use any of Algeria's larger firearms.
- Gunblade: His final weapon.
- HeelFace Turn: He originally worked for Rillek, but he chose to switch sides at the end.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His second strongest weapon is a wakizashi.
- Knife Nut: Most of his weapons.
- Kukris Are Kool: One of his weapons is one.
- Lightning Bruiser: The faster character, able to attack several enemies in one turn with some of his skills.
- Magic Knight: He actually has a pretty good magic stat, but since none of his skills use magic, it's not noticeable unless he has a summoning pendant or a Bomb/Medical Kit equipped.
- Playing with Fire: His starting adrenaline rush involves setting his hand on fire and punching things.
- Sadist: He keeps it hidden, but he enjoys making his enemies suffer.
The main antagonist, who speaks to the party at several points during the story before revealing himself. His plan was to ultimately transform Justin into a new Archangel, and get him to make a deal with him.
- The Bad Guy Wins: His main plan is getting Justin to accept a deal with him. In the end, he does.
- The Chessmaster: Is not only behind the events of the game, but most of the events of the Daniel-Verse were orchestrated by him.
- Final-Exam Boss: Although he's actually the penultimate boss, the second battle against him puts Justin's scytheplay skills to the test.
- Manipulative Bastard: His plans concerning Justtin
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: The Jacks Of None he summons during his second boss fight are just as strong as him, are immune to all elements, and have really good evasion, but only have one health each.
- Palette Swap: The Jacks Of None are blue versions of him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Red Right Hand: He is The Jack OF All.
- Summoning Ritual: When the party resists him, he decides to resort to summoning Daesidgea in the center of Daniel's soul. There's even a giant hexagram involved.
The final boss, summoned by Jack to destroy Daniel's soul from the inside. However, he considers Jack's plans to be petty, and takes no interest. That doesn't stop him from fighting the party.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: During the final phase of his fight.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Has no interest in Jack's schemes, but fights the party anyway.
- The Dreaded: Upon sensing his aura, Justin becomes terrified, which is saying a lot with him.
- Eldritch Abomination: According to Justin, his power dwarfs even the Archangel.
- Eye Scream: In his final stage, defeating his eyes first is the best tactic for fighting him.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: Justin absorbs his energy to perform Daesidgean Execution
- Knight of Cerebus: Played a lot more seriously then any other enemy, and even kills most of the party with little effort.
- Sequential Boss: Three phases;
- First, The party has to fight his seal to try and stop him from being released. He is freed anyway.
- Next, The party must fight Daesidgea, The King OF Fear. He survives this fight, and then manages to wipe out most of the party with a single attack.
- Finally, Justin, outraged by the deaths of his friends, unleashes the Archangel's power and flies up to take on a massive Daesidgea one on one. And he wins.
- Telepathy: As he lacks a mouth, this is how he communicates.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: Has four arms and wings.
- We Can Rule Together: Tries this with Justin, whop refuses.
- Worthy Opponent: Sees Justin as this once he unleashes the Archangel's power
The Fear Of Inner Darkness, who invades Daniel's soul, but is fought off by Justin.
The Fear Of Lust. She/itinfected Daniel's bloodstream a long time ago, and a portion of her inhabits his subconscious. She considers taking control of him, since he can no longer resist, but Justin defeats her, and she agrees not to.
- Bloody Murder: She appears to be made of blood.
- Demonic Possession: Considers doing this to Daniel.
- Life Drain: Some of her attacks have this trait.
- Light 'em Up: Oddly, some of her and her servants attacks deal light damage.
- Sex Is Evil: She embodies the darker aspects of sex.
- Sinister Scythe: One of her arms becomes one during her boss fight.
The Fear of Nightmares, this being is able to enter peoples subconscious, and it has used this power to enter Daniel's subconscious. He is eventually defeated by the party.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Midway through the fight, he grows enormous, and you must fight his face.
- Circus of Fear: His world takes the form of a warped carnival full of Alien Geometry, hideous monsters, and talking fireballs that quiz you on your knowledge of the game.
- Disk-One Final Boss: Defeating him unlocks the final stretch, where you come up against the true antagonist.
- Elemental Powers: Uses these in his first form, and the lesser Grotesque enemies have an emphasis on fire.
- Fisher King: Has control over the dreamworld.
- Hive Mind: All the other enemies in the carnival are extensions of him.
A bonus boss who appears before the Nameless One and tries to manipulate him.
- Charm Person: Will try to do this, occasionally getting Nameless to stop fighting.
- Duel Boss: Goes one on one with Nameless.
- No-Sell: Tries to control Nameless, but when he's given a new name by his friends, he snaps out of it and refuses to give up his new name to her.
- Silent Antagonist: Doesn't speak at all.
Justin's old mentor, and a high ranking Timberwolf. He tries to destroy Daniel's soul from the inside, But is foiled by Zeke. Created by Pandora.
The embodiment of Justin's inner darkness, and fought as a bonus boss during the Dark Angel sidequest.
- But Thou Must!: Defeating him will turn Justin into a Dark Angel, whether he wants it or not.
- Casting a Shadow: Naturally, he does dark damage.
- Demonic Possession: Takes over Justin's body on Death Mountain.
- Enemy Within: To Justin.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: When he takes over Justin, the other party members must fight him to snap him out of it.
- Mirror Monster: He's confronted inside of a mirror.
- Sinister Scythe: Wields the Shattered Halo.