This list is for the characters in the comic book series Tomboy.
The Brody Family
Our main character. Previously a happy young teen, her life gets much darker when her boyfriend is murdered. With her grandpa as backup, she lives as a teenage vigilante with magical powers.
- Ambiguously Bi: She obviously had an intimate connection to Nick, but her friendship with Jessica has a lot of Les Yay.
- Ambiguous Situation: In the final issue, she attacks Iris, and is next seen appearing beside Jessica on her hospital bed, with Jess being the only one who can see her. This raises the implication that she was killed and came back as a ghost, but she doesn't resemble the other ghosts seen in the series.
- Anti-Hero: She wants to help stop crime in Rivergrove, but she is fueled by revenge and commits many bloody murders.
- The Big Bad Wolf: She wears a Wintermelon wolf mask when she kills, and Hunter refers to a wolf when discussing his attack.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: When using power of the the Scarlet Wing, she's occasionally shown with black sclera or Black Eyes of Evil.
- Combat Tentacles: She uses vines to attack and kill her opponents.
- Dark Action Girl: She knows how to fight and killer, but shes very very gray.
- Dark Magical Girl: Her powers were awakened at the trauma she went through at Nicks death. Said powers are used for murder.
- Dead Person Conversation: Speaks to both Nick and Elena masquerading as Jess.
- Expressive Mask: Her Wintermelon Wolf mask has been shown sporting toothy grins in addition to its usual C-shaped smile, and its eye sockets change shape as well.
- Extra Eyes: She's often shown with dozens of eyes.
- Fangirl: Loves Candy Castle, a magical girl anime, with a passion. She has the ringtone, a chain, a mask, etc. In a twisted sense, she becomes a Wintermelon Wolf to protect the queen.
- Green Thumb: Her powers can manifest in prehensile vines powerful enough to stab a person and rip them apart.
- Horned Humanoid: At her final upgrade, she grows a pair of horns.
- I Love the Dead: Its implied shes intimate with ghost Nick.
- Immune to Bullets: In #6 she's pumped full of lead and laughs it off.
- Little Red Fighting Hood: Invoked in issues 2 and 3. Hunter imagines his attacker to be Little Red Riding Hood, and Tico later admits that he was right.
- Missing Mom: Her mother is neither mentioned nor seen.
- Not So Different: With Irene. They both went to work with their killing and crime when they lost their friend/s, which they may have loved more than friends. Originally, everything they did was for said friend.
- Reality Warper: A possibility. In issue 12, she may have rewritten the past to save Jesss life.
- Red Herring: As it turns out, she is not the new Scarlet Queen: its Jess.
- Secret Identity: As the Rivergrove Killer.
- Serial Killer: At her grandfather's urging, she becomes one in order to avenge Nick.
- Sympathetic Murderer: Having lost her best friend/lover to a pair of corrupt cops, she uncovers a conspiracy and decides to seek vengeance.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Pre-murder Addi was much more cheerful than she is as the Rivergrove Killer.
- Vigilante Man: Her M.O. is murdering the criminals on Irenes flash drive, without the help of the police.
- Waif-Fu: For a 16 year-old girl, she can beat up most people. It helps that she has powers.
- You Remind Me of X: Irene remarks that Addison reminds her of Elena, just before Addison kills her.
Addisons grandfather. He used to be the chief of police before he retired. As chief of police, he was secretly Justicar, a vigilante who killed criminals the law couldnt catch. After Addi loses it on some cops, he is all too happy to teach her the trade.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Issue 3 goes in detail on how he almost died in the war, became chief of police, killed criminals, lost his wife, and had to give up Justicar to live.
- Grumpy Old Man: Gives off this vibe in the first issue.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In the end, he's killed by Addison using on him the same uncompromising code he used on the criminals he hunted.
- Killer Cop: Not on duty, but off duty as Justicar is another story.
- Mission Control: Plays this role for Addi as a vigilante.
- Offing the Offspring: He shoots Mark, his son, in the head in #11.
- Retired Badass: Used to be the chief of police before his wife died and he was hospitalized.
- Vigilante Man: Through murder, Justicar almost singlehandedly took down the de Luca family.
- Wax Museum Morgue: Keeps his dead wife's skeleton in the closet and talks to her.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Wants justice. Thats quite alright, but hes willing to rack up an high death count including his son and use his granddaughter to continue this goal.
Addisons dad and Anthonys son. He is a medical examiner for the Rivergrove police and takes personal interest in the Vivaldi case.
- Dead Person Conversation: The ghost of Paolo hangs out with Mark and helps him investigate.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Bleeds out in Addis.
- Token Good Teammate: One of the only two seasoned cops we meet who is not secretly working for Irene.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Wishes he could be there for Addi, but is very busy working.
The daughter of D.A. Warren Daniels and Addisons best friend, who according to her, is the good in this world. Shes very pleasant and kind, and has chemistry with Addison, which comes to a halt when she is killed in #6. Or was she?
- Ambiguously Bi: She may have been involved with Owen, but even he admits she would have chosen Addi over him in a heartbeat.
- Damsel in Distress: When Tico kidnaps her, Addi comes in to rescue her, unsuccessfully.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: A biracial girl with bright red hair.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: As his mom is The Dreaded Irene Trent, Warren doesnt like the fact that Owen and Jess are close friends.
- Eye Scream: Tico pulls out her eyes as part of her torture.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. Jess is very calm and pleasant, and is only snarky when she is kidnapped by Tico.
- Implausible Hair Color: Her red hair is implied to be natural, as her dad has the red hair and mother presumably has the dark skin.
- Missing Mom: Hers is overseas, working to help people. She never shows up in the series.
- Morality Chain: Addi never wanted her to get hurt, as she was dealing with so much bad and Jess was so good. Her apparent death —- later revealed to be acquiring the power of the Scarlet Wing — was the major Despair Event Horizon for Addi.
- Not Quite Dead: #12 reveals she is alive. Either Addi didnt kill her after all, or she rewrote reality to spare her.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Her hair color is so vivid it could be taken for pink, and if so, the trope definitely applies, as Jess is one of the nicest characters in the comic.
- Transgender: Revealed to have been born Jesse in #12.
- Twofer Token Minority: A biracial trans-girl who may be sapphic.
- Winged Humanoid: As the Scarlet Queen, she has angelic wings.
Nick, the son of detective Paolo and hospital patient Rose, was Addis best friend and possible boyfriend. However, he is killed before the series begins. After Addis first kill, he as a ghost comes back along with the main character, Cheery Cherry, to help Addi along this life of crime.
- Back from the Dead: Nick returns as a ghost to help Addi out.
- Deader Than Dead: Elena as Lady Lemon Lorraine and Jessica executes them in #7, as she didnt need them anymore".
- Friends with Benefits: If he and Addi truly were not dating, then they were this, as they were shown to be intimate.
- Helpful Hallucination: They helped Addi deal with her murders and were people for to talk to about these events.
- Holy Halo: Nick is drawn with one in his first appearance.
- Posthumous Character: Dies the night before the series first issue.
- Princess Classic: Cherry appears like this.
Irenes son. He is a pianist and has a crush on Jessica. Addi is not super fond of him.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He has an obvious crush on Jess. While Jess is willing to spent time with him, it is unknown whether the crush is reciprocated and even Owen admits Jess would easily pick Addi over him.
- Doorstop Baby: As an infant, he was left for Irene to find.
- Innocently Insensitive: He makes a joke about Addi being the murderer. While it turned out to be true, it was the wrong time (Jess and Addi were having an argument), causing the girls to outburst.
The lead business woman of a company in Rivergrove, she is peddling Ambidrex and has many cops on her personal payroll. Her goal is to find the Scarlet Queen, but the deaths and crimes she leaves in her wake (including the death of Nick) get the Brody family involved.
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer: Is very eager to get Ambidrex out, so she can find the Scarlet Queen.
- Ambiguously Bi: Shows no obvious interest in romance through the series, but her relationship with Elena was so deep she hunted down many people and started a huge company to find her reincarnation. There are both male and female corpses on her bed in the flashback, so she probably had no problem seducing both genders.
- Big Bad: The one Addi has been wanting to kill for the entire series, as her actions caused the death of Nick.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The CEO of a drug company, who often ends up in legal trouble, as the drug can cause psychotics in the takers. She also hires cops to secretly work for her and is willing to kidnap a man and murder him.
- Faux Affably Evil: As shown when she interrogates Dr. Arai, she can sound nice, but gets nasty fast.
- Engineered Public Confession: She tells DA Warren Daniels the truth about the Scarlet Wing and tricks him into admitting he was the one behind the Vivaldis' murders, specifically so that Addison can hear this.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She has a son Owen, who she truly cares for.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: He knows nothing about her mothers darkness, and Irene is happy to keep it that way.
- Face Death with Dignity: She knows Addi is coming for her and lets it happen.
- Femme Fatale: She seduced people in the past in order to kill them.
- Go Out with a Smile: Reminded of Elena, she has a content grin on her face as she is eviscerated.
- Light Is Not Good: She's a Woman in White, but shes the villain of the series and is rather evil.
- Non-Action Big Bad: With the exception of her torture of Arai, she doesnt fight at all: she has cops to do that for her.
- Not So Different: Like Addison, she is driven by the death of someone she loved and determined to do whatever it takes to exact revenge on the ones responsible.
- Rich Bitch: Her business made her quite wealthy, but not any nicer.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: Using the power of the Golden Crown, she can manipulate fate with golden strings.
- Woman in White: She often wears white clothing, contrasting with her evil image.
A detective, he is on Irenes payroll to assist his dead partners family. He investigates the Halloween murders.
- Dead Partner: His old partner Jacoby was killed by the de Luca family, making him cynical.
- Dirty Cop: Works for Irene, though he only does it for the money.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Supports Jacobys wife Vivian and daughter Rita, and wants to take them away from Rivergrove.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Is impaled through the heart by one of Addis vines.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The final pages of the series show that his ghost is now guarding Rita the same way Nick did Addi and Paolo to Mark.
- Retirony: As soon as he says he wants to leave both Team Trent and Rivergrove, Addi appears to attack.
- Would Hit a Girl: He brutally tortures Jessica under the belief that she's the serial killer hunting Trent's accomplices, even gouging her eyes out when torturing her.
A doctor at Rivergrove Hospital, shes also a criminal with the power of teleportation. She spared Anthonys life long ago and keeps an eye on the Brodys actions.
- An Arm and a Leg: In her fight with Addison. She might have won, but lost an arm in the process.
- Crows And Ravens: Is associated with them, and her power form is an undead raven monster.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She associates with ravens and disappears in dark holes, but is not a villain. Shes not a good person, but at least tries to be helpful.
- Deadly Doctor: Iris acts as an angel of mercy, murdering patients she feels would be better off dead, and was infamous at the time Justicar was active as "Mother of Mercy, the Angel of Death".
- Hypocrite: Scolds Anthony for training his daughter in her powers, but when her granddaughter Rita discovers she has powers, she gets to work in training her.
- Mr. Exposition: Gives a speech about the War of The Branches in #9.
- One-Winged Angel: In the final issue, she transforms into an undead raven monster to fight Addison.
- Sickbed Slaying: Her speciality as the Mother of Mercy. Anthony calls in a favor and Iris kills Hunter for him.
- Teleportation: Using the power of the Shadow Bell, she disappears in black circles and walks through a dark world to teleport.
A close former friend of Irene, she appeared to Addi in the form of dead Jess to manipulate her into becoming the next Scarlet Queen. Her name is Elena.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She acts like shes here to help Addi, but has her own personal agenda.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Uses the form of Jess to get close to Addi.
- Humanoid Abomination: She can transform into a horned demonic monster.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Irene is Addis Big Bad, but Elena pulls many of the shots in the series.
- The Power of Blood: Anthony Brody came across her corpse and was exposed to her blood, and while his powers were sealed by the Elder Branch he passed them down to his son and granddaughter.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: She was killed and her soul was trapped in Erebus until Addison unwittingly freed her.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Was loved by Irene as a being of goodness and light, but was driven insane when the Elder Branch attacked.