Buster Bros!!! | MAD TRIGGER CREW | Fling Posse | Matenro | Dotsuitare Honpo | Bad Ass Temple
The Ikebukuro Division representitives. Led by former The Dirty Dawg member Ichiro Yamada, the team consists of him and his little brothers, Jiro and Saburo. Their representative color is red.
- Animal Motifs: Owls, as "Ikebukuro" contains the character for "Owl"
- Beauty Mark: Ichiro has one, Jiro has two, and Saburo has three.
- Big Brother Worship: Jiro and Saburo towards Ichiro. However, this wasn't always the case. During TDD era, they despised him and considered him an embarrassment to their family. In their defense, Ichiro had just threatened to kill their Parental Substitute and walked out on a celebration of their successes.
- Conveniently an Orphan: What actually happened to their parents is unknown, but during TDD era, the three of them are shown living in an orphanage.
- Kid Hero: Compared to other divisions, their average age is the youngest, thus often considered as this.
- The Hero: The division as a whole is working its way up to being this, with Ichiro being the character usually front and center. They're even stated by cast members to be the "heroes" of the project.
- Mismatched Eyes: All of them share heterochromia in their designs. One eye is green for all of them, but the other eye is typically of their motif color. Ichiro's is red, Jiro's is yellow, and Saburo's is blue.
- Motifs: In addition to their heterochromia, all members of Buster Bros!! wear hoodies/shirts with zippers on both the top and the bottom. They also wear matching badges with B, M, and L on them. Ichiro wears only the B badge, Jiro wears B and M, and Saburo wears all three.
- Numerical Theme Naming: Their names contain kanji of numbers (1, 2, 3) based on the order of their births.
- Parental Substitute: Gencho Hosen, the director of the orphanage, was this to Saburo and Jiro, who both referred to him as "father". Ichiro, however, claims to have never considered him as such.
- Primary-Color Champion: All together, the three represent the traditional primary colors of red, blue, and yellow, and have each color somewhere on their person. If yellow isn't there however, they substitute it for white.
- Sibling Rivalry: Happens between Jiro and Saburo a lot, often to compete for Ichiro's attention and outsmarting each other.
- Sibling Team: All three members, as indicated in the title, are brothers.
- Teens Are Short: Averted. The teenaged Yamada brothers are just as tall as the adult characters, with Ichiro ranking fourth tallest among the cast. Jiro is taller than all the members of Fling Posse, and even 14-year-old Saburo is taller than the Ramuda, who is a decade his senior.
Ichiro Yamada (MC.B.B [Big Brother])
Voiced by: Subaru Kimura
- Affectionate Nickname: Saburo calls him Ichi-nii, and Jiro calls him nii-chan.
- All-Loving Hero: The character who is closest to this trope in the franchise. He's a Former Delinquent who has reformed his ways and now dedicates himself to help people around him.
- Big Brother Instinct: Being the eldest brother, he's very caring and protective of his younger brothers (often assumed because of an implied Parental Abandonment in the past). Naturally, insulting them would be his Berserk Button, as seen in the first Buster Bros!!! vs. MAD TRIGGER CREW drama CD.
- The Baby of the Bunch: During The Dirty Dawg era. He was a high schooler hanging out with two twenty-year-olds and a thirty-year-old doctor.
- Cool Big Bro: How his younger brothers see him. Considering he's a young man running his own business to provide financial support to his family and is also a parental figure to both of them, it's hard not to see him as such.
- Japanese Delinquents: Not anymore, but he used to be such an infamous one that it was said that there wasn't a single person in Ikebukuro who didn't know his name.
- Iconic Item: His headphones.
- The Leader
- Nice Guy
- Otaku: Described as one. He dislikes it a lot when people look down on this specific interest of his.
- Promotion to Parent: In place of their absent parents, he seems to have taken a parental figure to both of his brothers.
- Red Is Heroic: His prominent color motif is red and is described as a Nice Guy who is the designated "hero" of the franchise.
Jiro Yamada (MC.M.B [Middle Brother])
Voiced by: Haruki Ishiya
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite his constant bickering with his younger brother, he gets immediately riled up when his rival starts to belittle his younger brother, even going against two older rival team members for him while knowing he's obviously outnumbered.
- Big Brother Worship: He practically thinks of Ichiro as the perfect big brother role model. The character relationship chart even says that he thinks of Ichiro "like a god". Jiro sometimes even blindly agrees with whatever Ichiro says, though he has been called out by Ichiro himself for this.
- Book Dumb: He has a habit to procrastinate and doesn't seem to be academically bright, but it was shown that he has many connections from other divisions that allows him to gain underground information quickly.
- The Ditz
- Delinquent: While his eldest brother was one, he is currently one. Even so, he makes it clear that he dislikes bullying the weak and the bullies who do so.
- Hot-Blooded: Prominent in his image song Sensenfukoku (This Means War), almost straying into Blood Knight territory.
- Lovable Jock: In the TDD manga, he was shown to be a winner of a national soccer championship.
- Nice Hat: Almost never seen without his snapback in official arts.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The extroverted and emotional red to Saburo's introverted and levelheaded blue.
Saburo Yamada (MC.L.B [Little Brother])
Voiced by: Kohei Amasaki
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Mostly to Jiro, but to Ichiro it's Big Brother Worship.
- The Baby of the Bunch: To his team.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Genius Bonus: The teal lights on his hypnosis speaker spell out his quote, "Everything that rises sets, and everything that grows, grows old", in Morse code.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- No Social Skills: His odd personality gives him a hard time to socialize with people around him apart from his own family and thus, he has no friends of his age.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The introverted and levelheaded blue to Jiro's extroverted and emotional red.
- Teen Genius: Said to be intelligent, with board and/or card games being his favorite pastime hobbies.
- As seen in TDD manga, he'd apparently become a champion in the math olympics at age 12.
- Younger Than They Look: For a 14-year-old middle schooler, he is very tall (as per average height for Japanese teenagers) and mature-looking.