Buster Bros!!! | MAD TRIGGER CREW | Fling Posse | Matenro | Dotsuitare Honpo | Bad Ass Temple
MAD TRIGGER CREW
The Yokohama Division representatives. Led by former The Dirty Dawg member and yakuza boss Samatoki Aohitsugi, the team consists of him, policeman Jyuto Iruma, and navy veteran Rio Busujima Mason. Their representative color is blue.
- Animal Theme Naming: Each of their names contain a kanji character for an animal.
- Samatoki's name contains the character for horse.
- Jyuto's contains the character for rabbit.
- Rio's contains the character for the uguisu, also known as the Japanese bush warbler.
- Anti-Hero Team: As per being a Foil and designated rival to Buster Bros!!!. Samatoki and Jyuto, especially, are among the most morally gray characters in the series.
- Motifs: Triangles, which can be found as the pendant on Samatoki's necklace, on Jyuto's collar pins and tie clip, and as pins on Rio's breast pockets.
- Odd Friendship
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: MTC is a team comprised of a yakuza leader, a dirty cop, and a former naval officer.
open/close all folders
Samatoki Aohitsugi (Mr.Hc)
Samatoki Aohitsugi (Mr.Hc [Hardcore])
Voiced by: Shintaro Asanuma
Birthday: November 11 (Scorpio)
Height: 186 cm
The leader of MAD TRIGGER CREW, and a former member of The Dirty Dawg.
- Big Brother Instinct: To his younger sister, Nemu. Justified, as per his harsh family complications in the past.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His father was abusive towards the rest of his family, so Samatoki's mother killed him, before killing herself as well.
- Hair Antennae: Subtler than most examples, but they're there.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It's very easy to provoke him by just mentioning Ichiro's name, to the point he immediately resorts to physical violence.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: In The Dirty Dawg era.
- Japanese Pronouns: Uses "ore-sama", which goes along his intimidating and ruthless yakuza personality.
- Missing Mom: She killed herself after killing their father.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: Minor, but Samatoki is the only ex-Dirty Dawg member who's not the oldest member of his team.
- Pet the Dog: Towards his sister.
- Depending on how you see it, perhaps towards his division mates as well. He forces himself to eat Rio's cooking when he sees that it makes him happy.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eye color is enough of an indication that he is absolutely not someone to be messed around with.
- The Rival: Considers Ichiro to be his.
- Shovel Talk: Discussed. He threatens to do this to Nemu's boyfriend if she ever gets one, but Nemu says she'd never introduce him to Samatoki in the first place given Samatoki's behavior.
- Skeleton Motif: He's got two skulls on the front of his shirt. His Hypnosis Microphone and speaker also have the shape of skulls, matching the skull mascot of MTC itself.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Despite his lyrics saying things like "Money, power, women, and alcohol, I'll take whatever just because I like it" and his strong hatred for Chuoku and the women in charge, it is stated that Samatoki would never raise his hand against a woman because of the respect he has for his mother and sister.
Jyuto Iruma ( 45 Rabbit)
Jyuto Iruma (45 Rabbit)
Voiced by: Wataru Komada
Birthday: May 30 (Gemini)
Height: 181 cm
A corrupt police officer. The oldest member of MAD TRIGGER CREW.
- Affably Evil: He's not evil per se, but he's certainly not morally upright. Despite this, he can act rather friendly to his enemies while provoking them at the same time.
- Dirty Cop: He has no qualms to blackmail and threaten people if it aligns with his own benefits. His character description implies that Jyuto used to be more idealistic in the past, but has been jaded by the reality that he becomes much more pragmatic in mindset.
- Gratuitous English: "Hai, stop, stop, stop." Also counts as a Catchphrase.
- Meaningful Name: The "45" in his MC name refers to "045", Yokohama's area code. And the "Rabbit", as stated above, is a reference to the character for "rabbit" that his name contains.
- Parental Abandonment: One drama track reveals that he lost both of his parents in a car accident perpetrated by a drugged driver, leaving him with no family as of now.
- Precision F-Strike: He has explicitly used swear words (in gratuitous English, no less) in his lines more than once, which is interesting because it shows more indication of his true character.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Downplayed example, as he's not exactly evil, but still has the looks nonetheless.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Compared to his teammates, he dresses in a more formal attire fitting for his job as a high-ranking police officer.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Juto, Juuto, or Jyuto? The first and third variation have been used in official medias with the third variation currently used in the official site, but for simplicity's sake, people go with "Juto" more often.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
Rio Mason Busujima (Crazy M)
Rio Mason Busujima (Crazy M)
Voiced by: Shinchiro Kamio
Birthday: June 21 (Cancer)
Height: 191 cm
A former sergeant-ranking naval officer.
- Badass Baritone: Has the deepest voice of MAD TRIGGER CREW and one of the deepest voices of the entire cast, second to possibly only Jakurai.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-American from his father, half-Japanese from his mother.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: He has rather... interesting choices in picking his ingredients, with the reason as a habit being carried from his survival lifestyle. Samatoki and Jyuto say his cooking isn't particularly bad, but his choice of ingredients are what completely turn people off from eating it. Hifumi even threw up from drinking his special herbal drink.
- There are some people who find his cooking tolerable or even delicious regardless of their knowledge of his ingredients, however, such as Doppo and Dice.
- Gentle Giant
- Gratuitous English: Strangely averted. Despite Rio being half-American, the character with the Gratuitous English quirk is instead Jyuto.
- Japanese Pronouns: Befitting his military background, he uses the very seldom-used "shoukan", both in regular character conversations and his songs.
- Real Men Cook: A former sergeant-ranking naval officer with the hobby of cooking... albeit with the most bizarre choices of ingredient possible.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Rio or Riou?
- The Stoic: He usually has a calm temperament and is always seen with flat expression in his official artworks. The latest album art for DEATH RESPECT, however, finally shows him smiling.
- Super Prototype: His hypnosis mic is a military prototype. Jyuto explains that since it was designed for military use, it is stronger than both his or Samatoki's mics.
- Tastes Like Friendship: Became friends with Dice by feeding him after Dice collapsed from hunger.
- Token Good Teammate: So far, he's probably the least morally ambiguous among the three members of MTC. He's still not someone you'd want to mess around with, though.