The protagonist. A reckless and enthusiastic 12-year-old thrill-seeker who views Camp Lakebottom as a place of fun and adventure.
- Anime Hair: His hair seems naturally spiky.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: McGee's prankster traits probably made him an example to Suzi, but he's otherwise always ready to stick up for, and help his older sister. She rarely reciprocates.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Camp Lakebottom lame and don't mess with his friends or the counselors.
- Determinator: He doesn't give up easily.
- Didn't Think This Through: A Running Gag on the show (and practically his Catchphrase) is the fact that he tends to not think things entirely through with his plans.
- Freaky Is Cool: Once the initial confusion is cleared up, McGee quickly takes to Camp Lakebottom.
- Guile Hero: In general, he's usually the one who comes up with the plan, even if they don't always work out the way he intends.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: He vomits after the spider was sucking up a fly
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He really hates spiders.
One of McGee's two best friends. A sardonic girl who is more than capable on taking the various horrors Camp Lakebottom has to offer.
- Affectionate Nickname: McGee and Squirt sometimes call her "Gretch".
- Alliterative Name: In "Meet the Gretch's Parents", her surname is revealed to be Grietchelson.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her pajamas.
- Can't Catch Up: Ever since Gretchen lost to Suzi in the Miss Sunnysmile paegent, she has dedicated her whole life in order to prove that she can match up Suzi. However many of her attempts to compete with Suzi only further prove her inferiority. Suzi is prettier, smarter, and more popular than Gretchen,and thus she hardly acknowledges Gretchen's existence and only sees her as an utter annoyance. To add insult to injury, Suzi takes any opportunity to ridicule and humiliate Gretchen and lets her know who is better.
- Catchphrase: "Ya think?"
- Expressive Hair: Her pigtails sometimes stick up straight when she's scared.
- Only Sane Man: Is generally more level-headed than the other campers.
- Perky Goth: While she's snarky, she generally has an upbeat attitude.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's the Tomboy to Suzi's Girly Girl, but she's also competed in the Miss Sunnysmile pageant (though she apparently will deny being upset about coming in second place to Suzi if asked).
- Unknown Rival: This one's been a bit exaggerated. She has a one-sided rivalry with Suzi and always tries to match up to her. Suzi, one the other hand, only sees Gretchen as every other girl who's ever tried to compete with Suzi.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's terrified of chipmunks and thinks they're evil. Turns out she's entirely justified.
The other best friend of McGee. A chubby and dimwitted but cheerful boy who can't help but show kindness to all living things.
- Big Fun: He isn't slim, but he is a Keet.
- Catchphrase: "Stop that! You're scaring it," usually when someone is threatening an animal.
- Companion Cube: His underpants, who he calls "Gitchie." (Gitch is a Canadian euphemism for underwear.)
- Friend to All Living Things: At one point, he stopped McGee from using worms as bait, calling them his friends.
- Friend to Bugs: He even makes friends with flies and spiders.
- Genius Ditz: He's very knowledgeable about animals, correcting identifying Armand as a Sasquatch and knowing the difference between a rooster and a chicken.
- Gentle Giant: The largest of the trio as well as the nicest.
One of the counsellors at Camp Lakebottom. A zombie with a multipurpose tool on his left hand and actually quite a friendly guy - even if hisbody keeps falling apart.
- Bald of Awesome: Undeath seems to have come with a loss of hair for this zombie, though it doesn't make him any less of a Nice Guy.
- Friendly Zombie: Sawyer is an all round Nice Guy who plays with the kids. While he does snack on brains, which he keeps refrigerated in a fridge, he makes it a strict rule to never harm the campers. His mother on the other hand is a stereotypical brain eating zombie who wants to make her son follow in her path.
- Our Zombies Are Different: A Friendly Zombie who eats refrigerated brains and acts as the Handy Man.
- Papa Wolf: Don't mess with his campers.
- Swiss Army Appendage: His left arm is usually substituted with a chainsaw, but it can be swapped out for things like fishing rods, toilet plungers, and nets.
- Tagalong Kid: Adult version. Sawyer is usually the one who accompanies the campers on their escapades.
Another of Camp Lakebottom's counsellors. A short, stout, and surly woman with a German accent who cooks up Camp Lakebottom's disgusting meals.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's darker than Armand though she has a German accent and she was a Dark-Skinned Blonde as a young woman.
- Ambiguously Human: She certainly looks human, but with the other counselors being a zombie and a Sasquatch, some people wonder...
- Brawn Hilda: Especially in flashbacks to when she was young. She even sported pigtails and a horned helmet.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: She's voiced by a guy.
- Funny Foreigner: We only know that she's from a town called Freizuncoold in the old country.
- Lethal Chef: The theme song of the show even lampshades it! The fact that she uses some nasty ingredients doesn't really help. Sawyer and Squirt seem to like her subatomic chilli poppers though.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She's able to carry Armand with ease, even though he's easily three times as big as her.
- Retired Badass: She used to be the deadliest monster hunter alive, but after she captured a young Armand and Sawyer and prepared to send them to a Prison Dimension, Sawyer's stomach started growling, so she offered to make the two of them a snack before chucking them through the portal. She enjoyed cooking for them so much that she spared them and became their full-time chef.
The last of Camp Lakebottom's counsellors. A sensitive and sophisticated sasquatch with a passion for the performing arts and fashion.
- Gentle Giant: He's rather Camp Straight, for a sasquatch.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: He's only shown wearing shorts and a scarf.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He wears purple shorts and a pink scarf.
McGee's older sister and a former pageant queen. She is a vain and spoiled girl who attends Camp Lakebottom's rival, Camp Sunnysmiles.
- Always Someone Better: To Gretchen since she won the Miss Sunnysmile pageant while Gretchen was runner up.
- Attention Whore: Suzi must always be the best most prolific person in the area, even if it means letting her little brother get hurt to stay at the top. Or say cursing an entire play and calling upon dark curses that leave her a lightning shooting, wild-haired monster.
- Beauty Is Bad: When it comes to high school beauties, Suzi is unparalleled, and does a lot more than simply set the standard for what it means to be pretty. However, she doesn't have the personality to back it up. Suzi knows she's beautiful, and she's going to make that fact darn well clear to everyone else.
- Berserk Button: Suzi is perpetually annoyed at just about everything she comes across and has little to no tolerance for anything. Any unfortunate soul that manages to annoy her just enough is going to have to deal with an entire gallon of whoopass, courtesy of the terrifying Suzi. After all,in "Stage Fright", she's given more than enough reason why messing with her is a bad idea. In short... NEVER. EVER. CROSS. SUZI.
- Humiliation Conga: Inverted. Even though Suzi only sees Gretchen as an utter annoyance, rather than an actual rival, she finds it rather arrogant whenever Gretchen has the nerve to try and compete with her. So in order to teach Gretchen a lesson (as well as for her own amusement), Suzi often humiliates and ridicules her in some of the most extreme ways possible.
- Insufferable Genius: Suzi has, an always will be, a constant source of jealousy for many girls, especially Gretchen. Suzi knows this and takes every opportunity possible in letting everyone see just how much better she is. With unrivaled intelligence, beauty, popularity, talent, etc., it's no wonder why people want to be her. She enjoys seeing the hopeless reactions of those wish they could be like her but can't, especially Gretchen.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Despite her cynical and sadistic personality, Suzi is surprisingly popular among her peers. Although, considering that everyone else in Camp Sunny Smiles are almost as cynical as her, it probably isn't all that surprising. Aside from that, Suzi is still incredibly likable, even to her little brother, who constantly abuses on a regular basis.
- Never My Fault: In one episode, Suzi and Buttsquat have jet skis. Suzi invites her brother to join her only to close a glass door on him every time he tries to accept her invitation. She blames him when the mechanism that opens and closes the door breaks.
- Superiority Complex: Considering Suzi's position, she is naturally confident in her abilities and pretty much sees herself as royalty.
The archrival of McGee and his friends, as well as Suzi's crush. He is the smug and spoiled son of the owner of Camp Sunnysmiles.
- Alpha Bitch: Male version. The most popular guy in Sunny Smiles and definitely not nice.
- Butt-Monkey: No pun intended. He tends to get roughed up as much as McGee due to Laser-Guided Karma.
- The Caligula: Being the son of the owner of Camp Sunnysmiles means that he pretty much runs the show and there's no stopping his tyranny. He even went as far as to ban gum from the camp.
- Catchphrase: "I will have revenge!"
- Evil Redhead: Has red hair and is not a nice guy.
- Fiery Redhead: He can be loud when he needs to, and again, is red-haired.
- Jerkass: He is a very unpleasant child.
- Last-Name Basis: Rarely is he referred to as Jordan. Might be justified with the fact that his enemies would prefer calling him by his questionable surname. Plus, for whatever reason, he seems to prefer calling himself by his surname as well.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To McGee. He's not so much evil as he is mean and annoying.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Has antagonized McGee right after McGee saved his life.