Triumphant Example: V to X
This is simply what you think is the (not some of the, the
) best example of any trope (an objective trope, not subjective, since this already is subjective). The "Crowning Example" if you will.
There could be several reasons you think an example is the best.
- You think it's the best in terms of illustrating the trope.
- You think it's the most well done.
- It's your favorite play in that trope.
- You just really like the source material.
Oh, several things before you list examples:
- Each troper gets one example per trope, no more.
- Don't go "no, this is," or phrases like that. This is about our own personal favorites.
- Sign your entries.
Please list tropes alphabetically.
open/close all folders
- Verbal Tic
- Video Game Caring Potential
- Video Game Cruelty Potential
- Viewers Are Geniuses
- Viewers Are Morons
- NBC's continued refusal to allow U.S viewers to access a legit livestream of Olympic opening ceremonies "so our producers can provide context" (translation: they think the incessant, inane blathering of the Today Show hosts is helping. ~ Nlpnt
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show
- Villain Decay
- Villainous Breakdown
- Azula. ~Chuckg
- Seconded. ~ Tongpu
- Thirded. ~ Pureauthor
- Obviously ~ MS 3049
- Fiftith ~ babyhenchy1
- Sixth...ed! ~ Iceeh
- Seventh...ed! ~ Mermaidgirl45
- Eighthed. ~ Kentucky Troper 1990
- Nineth...ed ~ Zfish9
- Tenthed. ~ Weeping Willow
- Eleventhed. ~ luigijd
- Twelfth...ed ~Keshia
- Thirteenthed. ~ Sanfranman91
- Fourteenth-ed. ~ hujwernoo
- Fifteenthed. To this day, I have difficulty watching that part, it was so powerful. -Whunt
- The Scorpio Killer. ~Killer BOB Dole
- Apollo Justice's Kristoph Gavin. For an idea of this, he gets so mad that as he raises his fist to bang on the witness stand in frustration, the dishes that had previously fallen on the ground behind him rise up into the air and fall down as he slams his fist on the witness stand. Please note: this man has no magic powers. ~Darkurai
- Same game series, different perp: Damon Gant. How many villains do you know that have a breakdown speech where they stand there laughing and clapping maniacally for an entire minute? ~ Willy Four Eyes
- Same series (notice a trend?), different villain: Manfred von Karma. After he spends hours grinning smugly at you, the guy snaps like a twig on slow-motion and bangs his head against the wall after screaming at the top of his lungs. ~ vicnog
- Really, pretty much any villain in this series. Redd White with his strange headdesking thing, Dahlia Hawthorne in 3-1 AND 3-5. The Tiger's seizure-inducing breakdown, and Daryan Cresend and his hair. Going everywhere.
- Gotta give it to Matt Engarde clawing his face out, although all of the breakdowns in the series are great. Considering it's kind of a once an episode type thing, the whole SERIES deserves to be the Most Triumphant Example, although this troper is tempted by Light Yagami and Marlo Stanfield. ~rickdakirb
- Red Dragon ~ Man Without A Body
- Light Yagami ~ Lionheart0
- Marlo Stanfield: MY NAME IS MY NAME! ~ insert_name_here92
- Dukat in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine to the point of getting plastic surgery to make him look like a Bajoran and seducing the head of the Bajoran religion. One might say his breakdown turned him into a Magnificent Bastard. ~ EvaLilith
- Soujirou Seta. His sudden change from Dissonant Serenity to this is damn scary, and simply masterful ~ Carla
- World, a Reality Warper who controls all aspects of the world inside his toybox. When he gets angry, the world literally begins to implode upon itself. ~ Dont Kill Bugs
- The Joker, if only because the DCAU saved its very best Villainous Breakdown for last~ Oberyn
- Adolf Hitler in Downfall ~ CounterBlitzkrieg
- Cesare Borgia in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood ~ Andreus
- "Benny... bring me everyone." "What do you mean 'everyone?'" "EVE-RY-ONE!!!" ~ This1person
- Villainous Crossdresser
- Villain Override
- Villain Protagonist
- Villain Song
- 'Hellfire' by Judge Claude Frollo. ~Ultra Sonic 007, Gfrequency, Zfish9, Sanfranman91
- Keith David's "Friends on the Other Side" in The Princess and the Frog ~ Man Without A Body
- Toxic Love by Hexxus ~ Surenity
- Scar's "Be Prepared". Jeremy Irons, Nazi imagery, and mountains of bones. ~ Voodoo Child
- ANY of David Bowie's songs from Labyrinth. You remind me of the babe! ~ Meta Falcario
- "In the Dark of the Night" by Rasputin ~Mac Phisto
- "The Acid Queen" from Tommy, by The Who. Or maybe "Career of Evil" by Blue Oyster Cult if that counts. -Ziggy Zag
- What? No mention of Ursula? You poor unfortunate souls! -Max1099
- Doctor Steel. Many, since he's a musical supervillain. But "Dr. Steel" is probably the crowner. "I have become the man with a plan / With an army of toys and a mechanical band / Ruling the world making everything real / I’m Dr. Steel, Dr. Steel!" ~ Jonny B
- The Queen of the Night's aria "Der Hoelle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen," from Mozart's The Magic Flute.
- The Hounds. ~ King Clark
- "There is a hell that has been building from the moment we first met." indeed. So very seconded. ~Replis Monathin
- I feel like I'm betraying Disney a little here, but... thirded. ~ Insanity Prelude
- "Prince Ali (Reprise)", by Jafar ~ St Clair
- "Whoa-oh~! (Whoa-oh~!) Whoa-oh~! (Whoa-oh~!) WHOA-oh~! (WHOA-oh~!) I~'M THE OOGIE BOOGIE MAN~!" ~ Nintendo Nate 25
- This Day (Aria) ~ Waxing Name
- And it's so easy when you're evil... (...) I do it all because I'm evil... - Chris X
- If The Bunny Song counts, that's one of my faves. -Whunt
- The Villain Sucks Song
- Villain Sue
- Captain Broken himself, Sousuke Aizen. ~ Lionheart0
- So much that him losing at all will be terribly OOC. ~ Carla
- Sonic.exe - a boring Invincible Villain. The backstory to the character only reinforces the Mary Sue-ishness. ~ King Clark
- Bomb Queen ~ Tongpu
- Terumi Yuuki. Yes, he may look like a magnificent Troll in plain eyes, but dig in deep and you'll see he pretty much out-sues all entries above. ~ Chris X
- Unquestionably Uchiha Madara. Overpowered when he was nothing more than an offhand reference to a character thought long dead, his eventual appearance in the manga has become a stream of ever more nauseating sue-ness until he reaches the stage where he can basically do whatever the hell he wants to anything he wants any time he wants. None of the rules or precendents of the setting apply to him, he summons up New Powers as the Plot Demands practically without thinking, No Sells absolutely everything, he's a God-Mode Sue so absurd he makes the most amateurish efforts by the most uncreative fanfiction writers look weak by comparison. And he's not even a remotely well written villain either, which just rubs salt into the wound. ~ Arcane Azmadi
- Villain with Good Publicity
- Violently Protective Girl Friend
- Viral Marketing
- Vitriolic Best Buds
- Viva Las Vegas
- Vocal Minority
- Americans. Most of them are not loud, boorish, fat, lazy, uncultured, stupid, etc. Shocking, isn't it. ~ Gundamforce
- Straw Feminists. So vocal and so triumphant that even many tropers on this very wiki seem to believe that feminism is synonymous with misandry. ~ Gfrequency
- Conspiracy theorists in general. You'll be surprised to find out that most conspiracy theories actually had less adherents that it seems. ~ CounterBlitzkrieg
- Avatar-bashers, even now, well over a year after the film's release. For the want of good things said about the film on the internet by anyone anywhere (or even new jokes made about the same few perceived flaws by the haters), it is extremely difficult to consider the film's good reputation anything but mythical. Will it never end?! - ZuulMF