We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
I been around TV Tropes
for a while now, a long while.
But I didn't make myself known until Mid-August 2009.
I'm a big fan of Video Games
, and Western Animation
, along with the many Voice Actors
, American, Japanese, and others, that go with them. I also like certain Films
, Live-Action TV
, Comic Books
, and Web Comics
. I will be making folders of those mediums, as time goes by.
NOTE: Right now, this page of mine is critically outdated, since I haven't made any notable changes to it since November 2011. Once I can find the time, I will do a series of necessary tweaking & reconstructing to it. Everything you see below is subject to change.
open/close all folders
- All is Brawl: Carls493: A community for the Smash series, with more of a focus on Brawl, but Melee gets a lot of attention, too. If any of you Tropers want to Brawl me, leave a shoutout...
- All is Fighter: Carls493: A relative of AiB that not only hosts Street Fighter games, but also Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Tekken, and most of the recent games in the Capcom vs. Whatever series. Mainly Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age Of Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
- Youtube: Carls493: Through the help of Emulation, I can record games of the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Sega Genesis, as well as the Gamecube, Wii, and occasionally PS1, PS2, and the Nintendo DS.
- Photobucket: Carls493, again: This is where I keep, sometimes and not, a random selection of images I've saved, with organized and semi-organized albums based on different themes. This is also my main current source of my digital artwork until I decide to join Deviant ART, or somewhere else...
Here's a list of the Anime
I've seen. It's a very, very
, varied list, so don't be too surprised in what different genres you'll see here. Just remember that only a select sum of titles here are my favorites. Work in progress.
- Dragon Ball
- Dragon Ball Z: One of my Gateway Series to Anime, and one of my favorite and most inspirational series, ever.
- Dragon Ball Kai: It made me realized how much Filler DBZ originally had. Instances of The Other Darrin, such as with Gohan, Bulma, and Frieza, have surprised me as well. It's gonna be tough watching the original after going through this because of said Filler it had.
- Dragon Ball GT: I actually enjoyed GT as much as Z. Despite it being comfirmed by Toriyama himself that its story doesn't count toward the whole series now. I mainly cared that the characters got even more powerful.
- Sailor Moon: Ironically, this is one of my Anime Gateway Series. At least I got to know how Shōjo (Demographic) and Magical Girl series would work, not to mention the concept of bad dubbing and massive censorship anime like this has sadly gotten.note Its current official No Export for You status doesn't help.
- Every single Gundam series that showed up on Toonami. I need to remember which.
- Hamtaro: Although I've seen this in the early 2000s, it may have caused me to enjoy Kawaisa later on.
- Digimon Adventure: Yet another Gateway Series to Anime. I loved it more than Pokémon for a while!
- Digimon Tamers: The change this season made from the first two was... Surprising, to say the least.
- Digimon Frontier: At this point, I started to see a pattern: Season 1: The Digimon can get stronger through Evolutionary Levels. Season 2: Digimon can fuse together to get stronger. Season 3: Digimon can fuse with their human partners to get stronger. Season 4: The humans can become the strong Digimon!
- Digimon Savers: And then the pattern starts over, with a twist.
- I'll try to look in on Digimon Xros Wars, most likely when it gets dubbed in English. Inevitable Bowdlerization or not from that happening, no arguing about it, please.
- Gash Bell (Zatch Bell!)
- Pokémon: Yet another Anime Gateway Series, as well as giving me a reason to buy the Video Games. I still watch it even by today.
- Azumanga Daioh: The 6 the main characters of this series are so distinguishable, what with one being the Cloudcuckoolander Ensemble Darkhorse, another being an absolutely cute little Cheerful Child, and another one being a Huge Gentle Schoolgirl with insane Cuteness Proximity. The other three are not at all slackers, either. I will NEVER forget this one, at all. Although I've ran into it much after its prime, it's another top-tier favorite to me, but compared to DBZ, I tend to be more subtle about it instead of being obnoxious.
- Suzumiya Haruhi: Hmmm... yes. Where to start with this one? Would you want God to be a girl? Probably.
- Lucky Star: I knew about this one for a while, but I wasn't into it until now. This Anime has expanded on my love for Kawaisa and has now made me enjoy certain Moe characters in Anime. It's not to an extreme level, fortunately, but it's there.
- K-ON!: Not much of a surprise, really, considering the above and its "relative" and counterpart. Mio's the first thing that I saw from the show. Compared to the rest, though, I'm mainly just an observer of it and its huge impact on the Otaku community.
- Fist of the North Star: One of the manliness anime I have ever seen. Every video I watch from this series injects me with Testosterone Poisoning. The Funny Bruce Lee Noises really helped with that.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Out of all of the Guilty Pleasures I have, this outclasses everything else. Even among the other Gainax anime I've seen. It's so gross and outrageous that it ends up turning all the way around to being awesome, again, to the point that I have no guilt at all about it, anymore. I hold that true to be a RUUUUUUUUURUU! It's inverted or zigzagged Animesque-ness may have something to do with that. Dat ending, however...
- Excel Saga: Excel is quite the hyper girl, isn't she?
- FLCL: I'll remember this one forever. It's too bizarre to forget.
- Bleach: Among other things, it made me realize how easy it is to find Johnny Yong Bosch's voice among his other roles, besides Ichigo.
- Naruto: One of the most recent and interesting examples of Ninja that I could find. I like it, but I'm not a total Narutard about it. I can somewhat compare this series' Hatedom AND Fandumb to Sonic's and Twilight's. Oh hell...
- One Piece: I knew about the English dub when 4Kids took over up to when Funimation came and reincarnated it. That's gotta be 4Kids' biggest blunder ever. Because of them, this show is less popular in the US compared to Naruto & Bleach, which is sad because it looks like the one out of the 3 that I would sync with the most.
- BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-bobo: Yep, I watched this one too.
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: I have yet to watch the Abridged Series. That doesn't mean I know nothing about it here... IN AMERICA!
- Yu-Gi-Oh5Ds: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!
- Sonic X: What can I say? Meta-Adaptation Decay, it contains, but Sonic is still Sonic. I happen to be on the positive side about this show.
- Kirby of the Stars: I hardly knew about the games until I watched this(and played Melee). It's mad cute, and it shows that even cute things can kick ass.
Mew Mew Power Tokyo Mew Mew
- Ultimate Muscle: It amazes me to no end that Kid can also attack by farting, and fart to fly around, too.
- The Transformers Unicron Trilogy
- Ikki Tousen: Through this type of seriesnote , as well as the assistance of this very site about it, I've come to know of the phrase "Fanservice". With Ikki Tousen being a Panty Fighter and all, there was no way they couldn't have avoided this.
- Rurouni Kenshin: My first view into Samurai, alongside Samurai Jack. Katanas Are Just Better, after all.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: It must illegal to be this impossible and manly. But screw the law! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
- Eureka Seven
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- The Prince of Tennis
- Rave Master
- Samurai Champloo: This anime has never been any more inspirational than it is now to the nature of The Boondocks cartoon.
- Shaman King
- YuYu Hakusho
- Tenchi Muyo!
- Card Captor Sakura
- Full Metal Panic!
- Ghost in the Shell
- Speed Racer
- Astro Boy: The Mickey Mouse of Manga himself. KNEEL BEFORE HIM!
- Spirited Away: Still my favorite out of all Studio Ghibli films. Not bad, Chihiro. She ended up being another one of my favorite heroines, even to this day.
- Death Note: Making this page seems to be going just as planned. I hope I don't get my name written in the Death Note...
- Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai: This is the second Studio Gainax anime I watched, after FLCL. It also helped me learn what Studio Gainax is with their Beyond the Impossible anime and their two tropes. Seems like both occur in this show, as expected more or less. "Thus shall it be", huh? What a ride that was.
- Shin-chan: The jokes in this one never die. Someone should Cosplay Action Bastard.
- Super Milk Chan: Same as above, but with more drugs. Just replace Action Bastard with the landlord. Two dubs from the same distributor? That was new to me at the time.
- Cyborg009: There's different versions of this show? You're a great help, TV Tropes.
- Duel Masters
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher!!)
- Steel Angel Kurumi
- Wedding Peach: When I saw just one episode, I knew it was just Sailor Moon IN WEDDING GOWNS!!! Sure, it does some things in its own way, but still...
- Yumeria: I was surprised when I found out that it came from the same company that houses Pac-Man. Then again, that same company also houses the Soul Series. So I guess any Fanservice here is pretty much justified and fair.
- Trinity Blood
- Code Geass: I didn't know Japan liked Pizza Hut, too. But that's besides the point, here.
- You're Under Arrest!: For some reason, I think Tomo and Yomi or Yukari and Nyamo would do well in this series. It's worth a try.
- Burn Up!
- IGPX Immortal Grand Prix
- Ojamajo Doremi (Magical Doremi)
I'm now finally taking the time to add the Video Games
I have played, owned, and/or enjoyed. Like the Anime
list, some of the games here may come with my own commentary on them, so prepare yourselves!
- Super Mario Bros.: One of my favorite video game series, and one my Gateway Series into Video Games.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (and Super Mario Advance 1)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (and Super Mario Advance 4)
- Super Mario World (and Super Mario Advance 2)
- Through the last 3's remakes, Mario Bros..
- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario RPG: No wonder why so many people love Geno, and no wonder this game may be prone to Hype Backlash. It's still very good, though. That's a fact.
- Mario Kart Wii: Based on a few things from this game and its players, online competitive play can get scary...
- Mario Party 1,4,5,6, and 7: I was surprised when I realized that Hudson Soft developed these Party Games. Then again, Bomberman games are Party Games themselves.
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Sooner or later, I plan to get Super Mario 3D Land.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Alongside Super Mario Bros., one of the biggest Gateway Series of Video Games for me, since I started that hobby with a Sega Genesis. Due to a few past factors, I actually ended up knowing about Mario after Sonic. By the way, nice job making us look like the biggest morons on Earth, Fandumb.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Never forget Green Hill Zone.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Super Sonic for the win. Tails is one of the best sidekicks ever.
- Sonic CD: Both soundtracks are awesome, but I prefer the original Japanese one. YMMV, of course.
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles: The Hyper Forms need to make a comeback. Based on some of the above, leads to...
- Sonic Spinball
- Sonic Chaos
- Sonic Triple Trouble
- Sonic R: I ask of you... Can you feel the sunshine?
- Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island
- Dr. Robotink's Mean Bean Machine: So techinically Puyo Puyo, as well.
- Knuckles Chaotix
- Tails Adventure
- Sonic Adventure Series: Both 1 and 2, as well as their Enhanced Remakes, Adventure DX and Adventure 2: Battle, respectively.
- Sonic Advance Trilogy: 3 only, so far.
- Sonic Battle
- Sonic Heroes
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006): I'm probably one of the only few people on here that actually likes this poor game. That's not saying much, though, but it's still there. I started to open up to it more when I found out that its Obvious Beta status was caused by Sega's own executives. This could've been a better game, should that have not ocurred.
- Sonic Unleashed: Wii version. I plan to get the PS3 version, sooner or later. The Wii and PS2 version are really different from the Xbox360 and PS3 versions. I kinda like the controversal Werehog gameplay, but even I know that it doesn't fit in a series all about Super Speed.
- Sonic Riders
- Undocumented: Sonic Drift 1 and 2, Sonic Rivals, Tails' Skypatrol, Sonic Labyrinth, and Sonic the Fighters(Sonic Championship) Some of these and others unmentioned are thanks to the Compilation Re-release Sonic Gems Collection.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Fandumb, Hatedom, AND Hatedumb all be damned. Even if it's not capable of breaking that DAMN Sonic Cycle, the game has at least cracked it.
- Here's to hoping Episode 2 is even better than 1!
- Sonic Colors: I now have the game thanks to a good friend. I am now definitely sure that if Sonic 4 didn't break the cycle, Colors has been out long enough to establish that the Cycle's been completely smashed right open. With that in mind, and the fact that this game is actually So Cool It's Awesome,note , and the freaking music! You know Sega/Sonic Team's really going all-out with the music then they ever had before when they can make the Drowning Theme awesome as well. Orchestrated Sonic music FTW.]] I can rest in peace from any possible Internet Backdrafts of the game. For now...
- What I said about Sonic the Hedgehog 4's Episode 2, Sonic Generations, even moreso. It's not just the classic, black-eyed Sonic retuning. This game is going all-out.
- Mega Man: I haven't played a lot of games from this series. That's probably because I was focusing on that other blue guy... Don't worry, though, as I am currently on the road to change all this! FOR EVERLASTING PEACE! The spades and scads of Sonic Hatedom, Fandumb, and Fan Haters partially had a hand in triggering this interest in me, too.
- Mega Man Classic: What a mistake to ignore these games during their prime. My God, What Have I Done??!
- Mega Man 1: It was as hard as I was told here. It seems like this game's Robot Masters are the most apparent in this series. But hey, if any one of them are are my favorite, IT'S GUSTMAN!(durr durr...) I also like Ice Man, because he reminds me of Popo.
- Mega Man 2: Even though this isn't my favorite, I will not ignore that this is the best of the originals. My favorite Robot Masters are Heat Man and Airman. Yes. Many cannot defeat Airman, but at least I did.
- Mega Man 3: For some reason, I didn't like this game as much. I need to give it more love, though, because it introduced PROTOMAN(and Rush! And sliding!)! My favorite Robot Masters are Hard Man, Snake Man, and Shadow Man.
- Mega Man 4: I label that game as Four Is Death because I thought it wouldn't be as good since at first, Dr. Cossack would be the new main villain, replacing Dr. Wily. But I was just joking. Like Capcom would really do that... My favorite Robot Masters here are Drill Man, Toad Man, and Pharaoh Man.
- Mega Man 5: Protoman performing a Heel-Face Turn. I believe not! It was an impostor, anyways. Dark Man could've passed off as the real deal if it weren't for his lack of Proto's Scarf of Asskicking!. My favorite Robot Masters are Charge Man, Gyro Man, and Napalm Man.
- Mega Man 6: This is currently my favorite game of all the original 6 NES games. Those new Rush Adapters swayed me into this opinion a bit, but then that's probably why this game wasn't as received. My favorite Robot Masters are Knight Man, Tomahawk Man, and Blizzard Man.
- Mega Man 7: This is why I only keep the first 6 as a group together, because this game made such huge obvious upgrades from the NES games. It also felt kinda easier, in my opinion. It's still good, though, just not AS good as the ones before. My favorite Robot Masters are Freeze Man, Slash Man, and Shade Man.
- Mega Man 8: The graphics here are almost like Anime to me. Justified by the gratuitous anime cutscenes themselves. Honestly, part of the reason I decided to play this game was to hear Dr. Light's English voice. Maybe if he lost that speech impediment, there, he'd sound more like Stan Lee. That's just me, though. My favorite Robot Masters are Sword Man and Tengu Man.
- Mega Man: The Wily Wars, which is pretty much a Compilation Re-release of the first 3 games. I love how the graphics and music improved on those games, here.
- Mega Man X: It does look and feel a little bit more serious than the first series, doesn't it? Not that that's a bad thing. At least the music is awesome.
- Mega Man X1: My favorite Maverick boss is Storm Eagle. He has the best Maverick weapon.
- Mega Man X2: My favorite Maverick bosses are Flame Stag, Overdrive Ostrich, and Morph Moth. Magna Centipede is That One Boss to me without the Slik Shot.
- Mega Man Battle Network: 4 Red Sun and 5 Team Protoman: These are actually the first 2 Mega Man games I've ever owned.
- Super Smash Bros.: This series is the first half of the reason I love Crossovers. Also, since I had a I've hardly touched a Nintendo console when I first played this seriesnote , it introduced me to quite a beautiful selection of other Nintendo-related series that I didn't even know of at the time. At least Earthbound and FireEmblem have some Justification regarding that...
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Despite the “Stop Having Fun” Guys, the Complacent Gaming Syndrome, and the Tripping, I love this game just as much as(if not more than) Melee. Absolutely no Flame Wars are gonna make me say, otherwise. Hmph!
- In fact, being on All is Brawl has given me a reason to keep playing this games. The Game Mods and tournaments are the other reasons.
- Current Brawl Mains: Fox McCloud, Mario, Kirby, Ness, Falco Lombardi, and Sonic the Hedgehog, in that order of adding them to my self-proclaimed Nakama. Many have lampshaded why I use so many characters. note
- Crash Bandicoot: One of the very first few series I got introduced to when I first got a Playstation. What went wrong later on?
- Jak and Daxter: A worthy successor to Crash Bandicoot, and one of the best, well-written examples of Darker and Edgier.
- Donkey Kong: He needs more games this decade.
- Spyro the Dragon: I learned about this series in no less than a few minutes after I met Crash. I have yet to touch any part of The Legend of Spyro series.
- Ratchet & Clank: Where everything is Made of Explodium
- Uncharted: Naughty Dog made a huge leap to this game from Jak and Daxter. Even with the more realistic environments, the game only uses Real Is Brown as an option.
- inFAMOUS: So, Cole has to decide whether he should use his electric superpowers to save Empire City or conquer it. It's like a fusion of Shadow the Hedgehog and Grand Theft Auto, and it's awesome.
- The Legend of Zelda: I'm still sort of a beginner, since I lack alot of the games.
- Metal Gear: This series is full of awesome. And Snake.
- Kingdom Hearts: The other half of what makes up my love for Crossovers, and one of the Square Enix series I've played that isn't Final Fantasy. In fact, I've hardly play a Final Fantasy game outside of demos... This is the side effect of trying to get into many different series.
- Brave Fencer Musashi: My very first Square(Enix) game, and one I enjoyed a lot.
- Musashi Samurai Legend: I enjoyed this game, too, despite the Sequelitis that I've read about it here. Maybe Kingdom Hearts' existence at the time had something to do with that, not to mention that both KH, and MSL are Action RPGs, and that KH is already up there with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest as popular Squeenix series. I freakin' love this game's characters, though, such as The Hero, the Big Bad, and the multiple main Damsels In Distress.
- Remember what I said in my Sonic Generations section? This very game is what made that game a bit of a Hilarious in Hindsight moment for me. There will most likely never be a Crossover between the Brave Fencer and the Samurai Legend, but there's always good Fan-Art to take care of that. I may even make my own. And THAT, my fellow Tropers, is how Cult Classics, or otherwise, have their way with me in style. NEVAR FORGET.
- Final Fantasy: Another late start for another long running series, and one I've acknowledged critically. I have played the game in the series, before, but they were only demos.note I will somewhat follow through the series in numerical order, like I'm doing right now with Classic and X Mega Man.
- Final Fantasy I: Through the GBA Enhanced Remake, Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls. Check my Youtube channel for all of the different bosses I've fought, so far. I will not play the second game until I'm satisfied with beating the first one.
- Final Fantasy II: ... and I did. Its unique battle system isn't all so bad once you get used to it. I liked this game because it had a better plot.
- Epic Mickey: Epic, indeed. But the Camera Screw can get annoying at times. It's still great to see the mouse be a Badass Adorable, once again.
- Kirby: One of the cutest series I've ever loved. It's also quite apocalyptic.
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland: I could play the original Kirby's Adventure at anytime, though.
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
- Kirby Air Ride: Compared to Double Dash and GX, it's not a deep racer, yet it has a bit of a Cult Classic feel to it as a result, and besides, it makes up for this in several ways!
- Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
- Kirby Squeak Squad: Kirby, I would've told you that the cake is a lie, but...
- Kirby's Epic Yarn: Playing it, I have to say that it's the cutest game in the history of cute games. This game is also Badass(Adorable) for winning a Best Graphics Award over more manly and visually realistic games like Gears of War 3.
- Kirby's Dream Land: The original. Comparing what Kirby was to what he, and overall the whole series is now, it amazes me how far he's gotten despite having less games than the other popular Nintendo heroes like Mario.
- I was one of the many fans who has his prayers answered with Kirby Returns To Dream Land! To celebrate, I have created its main page and respective disscussion and YMMV pages. Please support them.
- And now I own the game myself. Kirby's voice is cute as ever.
- Pokémon: My very first RPG series and, like my anime section of it says, one of the biggest series to motivate me into the Anime realm.
- Metroid: Another Nintendo series I need to catch up with. Samus should team up with Lara, somehow.
- Street Fighter: Ironically, this was not the first Fighting Game I've played. That honor goes to a Licensed Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Game on the Genesis. It's amazing that I still remember all of that, but it wasn't long before I learned about this series.
- Street Fighter II (As well as World Champion Edition, Super II, II Turbo, Super II Turbo, and Super II Turbo HD Remix.)
- Street Fighter IV
- Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, & 3
- Street Fighter III: All 3 versions of them. The Next Generation, Second Impact, and Third Strike. I'll stick with Third Strike for obvious reasons.
- Street Fighter: Now I've played that game, being called Fighting Street with the version I've played, though I have also played the original arcade version. Now I know why Sequel Displacement worked so well for this game's sequel.
- Then again, the game's not THAT bad. In fact, the arcade "Street Fighter" version plays better and faster than the PC Engine "Fighting Street" version. Is this the sacrifice for having fantastic remixes of its music?!
- Capcom vs. Whatever: Getting into Street Fighter would eventually lead me to this series. Ironically, unlike the other two Crossovers, this one didn't catch my eye until later, much after I gained my Crossover Fetish.
- Mother 2/Earthbound: I was really hoping for this game to be released as a Virtual Console title, but I guess the Sampling was to much for Nintendo of America(and by extension, Europe) to handle. This is why Emulation's important. Especially at this point in time. In other news...
- Star Fox: Another Nintendo series introduced to me through Super Smash Bros.. I'll take this as my favorite Outer Space series over Star Wars and Star Trek anyday.
- Kid Icarus: Thanks to the Virtual Console. Pit's appearance in Brawl was involved with making me play this game.
- I'm getting Kid Icarus Uprising. I'm really loving the Voice Cast involved in it.
- Ape Escape: What a funny and colorful series. Sony needs to make more games for this series. Or at least market them more prominently.
- I've only played Ape Escape 1 and 2. I wanna play 3 whenever I get the chance.
- Alundra 2: Only the In Name Only sequel, yes. I should play the original to see how different the games were. Not to mention there may be an upcoming Alundra 3...
- F-Zero: YES!!!
- Ghosts 'N Goblins/Makaimura: I've seen an video of it a long time ago on a show in G4TV; I wasn't really interested in the series by that point, however. What made me change my mind was seeing Arthur show up for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.
- Ghosts 'n Goblins: Why thank you, TV Tropes, for being right when you say that this game isnote "THE VERY DEFINITION OF NINTENDO HARD".
- I've played the arcade version of the game, too. I'm surprised that it's actually easier than the NES port.
- Ghouls 'n Ghosts: This game, to me, is a bit easier than the arcade version of the first game.
- Castlevania: I was looking for another major franchise to get into, and I noticed that I wasn't giving Konami as much attention compared to Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, and Square Enix, even with my strong knowledge of Metal Gear. I even got into Castlevania on October, to boot. That was a coincidence on my part.
- Banjo-Kazooie: It's strange how well a bear and a bird can get along with each other. Also, Dat British humor...
This will be a very slow process, due to having to remember some old shows and how this list may also be extremely large by its end, but here are some of the Western Animation
series I've watched and most likely enjoyed.
- Sponge Bob Square Pants: Yes, this will come first. Despite the butchering this show has taken in recent years, it's still one of my favorite Western Animation series of all time. Hell, I even enjoy a lot of the newer episodes. I decided to make the show's Subjectives page with this in mind.
- Rugrats: Another classic favorite, and one that I really enjoyed before SpongeBob came along. I've noticed the jump in the show's Art Evolution with for each movie. At least for the first two.
- All Grown Up!: I didn't like this show as much as its prequel, but I'm satisfied with what the show did with its characters.
- Kablam: *sigh* Good times. Looking back at it, though, wow...
- Dexter's Laboratory: Or "La-boura-tory" as he pronounces it.
- Power Puff Girls: Much like Sailor Moon, I'm don't feel guilty watching this. Unlike Sailor Moon, this wasn't meant for just girls in the first place.
- Cow and Chicken: Looking back at the show... Good lord...
- Johnny Bravo: Has anyone noticed that the artstyle and nature of the show changed with each season?
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Boy, that show was gross, but it's surrealism is to die for.
- Evil Con Carne: It's too bad this show got the short end of the stick after Grim & Evil. Not that Billy & Mandy are bad, no way.
Tropes That Represent Me!
- Accidental Pervert: How I learned about Porn and Hentai in the first place. The end result causing me to learn about these and Rule 34 more formally and professionally.
- April Fools' Day: My birthday. Really.
- I have since turned 18 this year. Based on what's below, I'm now currently somewhat of an Adult Child.
- Art Evolution: I'm a frequent signature artist on All is Brawl, who may create a deviantART account soon.note Compare these◊ three◊ signatures◊ to the◊ likes◊ of◊ these.◊ The difference is big, no?
- Berserk Button: Despite how common Hatedoms, such as Sonic's, Naruto's and Brawl's are on the Internet, I still don't take very lightly to those raging about them around me. I'm learning to be more tolerant of it, though.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm usually quiet and calm, but I should also wear a subtitle that says "Dangerous When Provoked".
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Somewhat subverted, since I can embody both. I am typically a calm and quiet Blue Oni. Under the right mood, I can be a Hot-Blooded, raging Red Oni.
- Brilliant but Lazy: I'm currently an A-Student, but I have a habit of procrastinating on certain things, be it schoolwork, homework or even casual work and play, ironically.
- Brown Eyes: So dark they might as well be Black Eyes.
- Character Alignment
- Cloudcuckoolander: I'm at a risk of being this way when I'm in Red Oni Mode. Osaka AND Deadpool may have been involved with this.
- Complaining about Complaining: I am like this, on All is Brawl. I'm trying to ease off a bit with it.
- Cuteness Proximity: I have Loads And Loads Of Favorite Characters. Among them are the likes of Kirby, certain Pokémon, Yoshi, the Toads, Lumas, Tails, Cream, the Chao, Chiyo, Osaka, Yotsuba&!, Konata, Mikuru, etc. I wanna hug them, badly!
- Overall, alot my favorites happen to be cute. I still happen to have alot more favorites that are "cool", Badass, and/or sexy in my eyes, I'll get to that in another time.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually comes when I'm in Blue Oni Mode. It usually comes with being annoyed with something so obvious.
- Dethroning Moment of Suck: Being labeled as a Troll for a while on All is Brawl has not been good on my reputation. Being the Inspector Javert wasn't good at the end, either.
- Fandumb: Being a Sonic, Pokémon and a Smash fan means that I'm this by defealt. There's also apparently a Hatedumb regarding Mario and Sonic Crossovers that's made me interested in more of them.
- Fan Hater: Quite averted, regarding my attitude towards Twilight fans. I don't love nor hate Twilight, but that also means that I don't matter regarding its quality.
- Flame War: They are quite common on All is Brawl. More or less. I try to stop them or at least help tone them down, but sometimes, I'm the reason why these wars get more out of control. Or worse, the accidental main reason they start.
- Fox McCloud Is About To Shoot You: The center of attention for this signature◊ of my self-made Nakama for Brawl.
- Hot-Blooded: When at maximum Red Oni Mode, for when it's time to feel like a real MAN!!!
- Hype Aversion: Thankfully averted for cases like Super Mario RPG, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Anti-hyping those things are equal to a Brown Note to most of their fans. That, and they're too good for me to hate, anyways.
- It does pain me, however, when I find titles I enjoy that are prone to Hype Aversion. Kingdom Hearts seems to be this according to my point of view, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 seems to be building up with this, as well.
- This was actually going to be played straight with other series/games, such as Transformice, High School Of The Dead, and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. I calmed down about them since the first is nice with its mice, the second makes me watch it for the plot, and the third looks like the Powerpuff Girls, a.k.a. inverted Animesque series. The third's also weird as hell and definitely not for children who were looking for said Powerpuff Girls.
- Jerkass: I go in and out on this. Usually when I'm mad or through self-defense, which leads to...
- Kirbys Are Easier To Draw: While Kirby isn't exactly a furry, I have an easier time drawing him than most of anyone else I've drawn, though giving him a Mega Manned hat or hair or whatever is usually a bigger challenge.
- NO, you will NOT be getting nor seeing any Kirby Rule 34 from me, thank you. I can be dirty. I just choose not to be.
- As for my human Fan-Art, mostly of those from Azumanga Daioh, my issues stem from having issue with drawing necks. It's not too outta hand, but it's noticeable when you compare it to more official art. Being too long is all that it is. Other than that they're usually decent.
- It is with this experience that I may have a better time drawing females than males. Face Focus is my main niche, so Moe characters shouldn't be much of a problem, but beyond that, there might be some difficulties. Accuracy... Don't miss it!
- Finally, if I'm not drawing Kirby or an AzuDai character, I will most likely be drawing a Pokémon.
- Meaningful Name: My name has more than one meaning.
- First off, 493 represents the total number of existing Pokémon, as of the 4th Generation. That also means that I have the number of the last Pokémon there, which is Arceus. I may change that number when all of Black & White's new Pokémon are revealed.
- 493 is also apparently part of my birth datenote . This gives me a reason not to change my number.
- Now that all the new Pokémon have been revealed, I've decided to stay as "493". It's partially because I've become attached to the number.
- "Carls"? That's short for "Carlos".
- Megane: Not Meganekko. I'm a guy. Ya get it?
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: See Flame War above. It doesn't always happen to me, but I'm still quite prone to it.
- Nice Hat: I have quite a few good-looking baseball caps, really.
- Old Shame: I have several, really. Mainly with school and being online.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Currently in the 11th Grade.
- Perverse Asexual Cuddlelust: Looks like this trope was terminated. Oh well, I'll be borrowing the characters in my Cuteness Proximity section for this.
- Super Mario Bros.: The Toads, the Lumas, and Yoshi.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Cream & Cheese(and by extension, Chao in general.), and Tails.
- Azumanga Daioh: For some reason, all six of the lead charactersnote , at least, probably not the ones who would already go into my Perverse Sexual Lust list, but still...
- Kirby: Do I really need to say it?! Although, I could use a Waddle Dee or 2, as well.
- Lucky Star: I'm all up for Konata, but I'll snuggle with Tsukasa, Miyuki, and even Kagami if ever given the chance.
- Yotsuba&!: Just guess.
- Suzumiya Haruhi: Mikuru. One of the only characters in this list to also be a part of my Perverse Sexual Lust list.
- Earthbound/Mother3: Ness, Paula, and Lucas. Sure, Ness and Lucas are Older Than They Look, but that doesn't hide the fact that they still both have baby faces. Paula and her tendency to carry around a teddy bear is so adorable. And don't get me started on just Lucas.
- Pokémon: I could use a Pikachu or Pichu, among others.
- For the record, don't interpret this as harshly as you can. It will not help.
- Self-Deprecation: At this point, I think that it should be a rule that only the Sonic Fandumb can make fun of the Sonic Fandumb. Do you remember what one of the things I'm a fan of?
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: I am mostly ideal, given my Lawful Goodness. This is so common for me that Mood Whiplash is also prone to happen to me when things get too cynical, not that I can't be dark and edgy.
- Small Name, Big Ego: It's not THAT small, but it doesn't change the fact that I tend to drown in my own overconfidence.
- Stoic Spectacles: This makes more sense when I'm in Blue Oni Mode, sometimes. Also, see Megane above.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: Subverted. I want to find as many different stereotypes of people and other such things as I can. Stereotypes are bad but knowing about several different kinds is interesting to me.
- Double Subverted, however, as I want to find a way to break these stereotypes. Of course, that won't be happening soon.
- Stylistic Suck: Sometimes I make my artwork look crappy on purpose.
- Why Did It Have To Be Dogs?: I'm getting better, though. Yay.
Launched Tropes and Works:
My Notable Contributions:
Well, at least to me, anyway.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Added and edited tropes.
- Azumanga Daioh: Edited tropes.
- Characters/Musashi Samurai Legend: I didn't create this, but I did contribute to a lot of editing and adding. I'm also helping with some images to show off how Tetsuya Nomura's current designs in Kingdom Hearts spreads to other works. He did not disappoint me with these characters.
- Characters/Kirby: I picked up on what I've done with the above Character Sheet and added some character images for this one, too. Right now it was just for Meta Knight and King Dedede, but I may add others.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Added more examples.
- Nintendo: Added tropes to which the page originally lacked entirely.
- Sega: See Nintendo.
- Capcom: See Sega.
- Konami: See Capcom.
- Square Enix: See Konami.
- 2˝D: Added and edited examples.
- Most Triumphant Example: Several additions throughout the different sections.
- Motion Blur: Contributed to getting it properly advertised and added the first few examples.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Added and edited tropes. I can't help with that, anymore.
- Sponge Bob Square Pants: Added and edited tropes.
- Super Smash Bros.: Added and edited tropes.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Added and edited tropes.
- Dreamworks Face: Contributed to the trope image when it was just launched, which was fixed and revised by someone else, later on.
- Ice Climber: Added tropes and elaborations to a couple of them.
- Haiku/Bayonetta: Added the Precision F-Strike-laden haiku. Seriously, just don't.
- Mega Man Legends: Indirectly, because since Legends 3 is now cancelled, I made sure the word gets around on this, including but not limited to the Ruined FOREVER and Fallen Creator pages. Poor Capcom is going through its own hell, right now.
- Laconic/Sega Genesis: Made the page.
- Phalanx: Added more info on the its Covers Always Lie entry, which I can interpret as my own Lampshade Hanging on the game's Japanese boxart design and how part of it links to its name.
Still in progress... Stay tuned for more!