Tropers / Carls 493
I been around TV Tropes
for a while now, a long while.
But I didn't make myself known until Mid-August 2009. This is a great wiki!
I'm mostly a big fan of Video Games
, and Western Animation
, along with the many Voice Actors
, American, Japanese, and others, that go with them. I also like certain Films
, Live-Action TV
, Comic Books
, and Web Comics
Speaking of Video Games
, I run a YouTube
channel containing all sorts of different playthroughs of games I've enjoyed in my life, including the games for pages I've contributed to, below. I even created a few of my own songs inspired by different video game tracks I've enjoy, and they're all theme after the soundfont of the Sega Genesis
, my very first video game console.
Check out my channel here
and subscribe to me if you like it.
6/1/16 UPDATE: I haven't updated this page since November 2011. This page needed a huge cleanup, and I finally gave it one!
My Notable Contributions:
Well, at least to me, anyway.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Added and edited tropes.
- Azumanga Daioh: Edited tropes.
- Characters/Musashi Samurai Legend: I didn't create this, but I'm the biggest contributor to a lot of editing and adding. I'm also helping with some images to show off how Tetsuya Nomura's current designs in Kingdom Hearts spreads to other works. He did not disappoint me with these characters.
- Characters/Kirby: I picked up on what I've done with the above Character Sheet and added some character images for this one, too. Right now it was just for Meta Knight and King Dedede, but others have been added since.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Added more examples.
- Nintendo: Added tropes to which the page originally lacked entirely.
- Sega: See Nintendo.
- Capcom: See Sega.
- Konami: See Capcom.
- Square Enix: See Konami.
- 2½D: Added and edited examples.
- Most Triumphant Example: Several additions throughout the different sections.
- Motion Blur: Contributed to getting it properly advertised and added the first few examples.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Added and edited tropes. It was once one of the Locked Pages due to the controversy it stirred up, but not anymore now that the hype died down and also possibly due to its namespace change.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Added and edited tropes.
- Super Smash Bros.: Added and edited tropes.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Added and edited tropes.
- Dreamworks Face: Contributed to the trope image when it was just launched, which was fixed and revised by someone else, later on.
- Ice Climber: Added tropes and elaborations to a couple of them.
- Haiku/Bayonetta: Added the Precision F-Strike-laden haiku. Seriously, just don't. Especially after that 1.1.6 patch...
- Mega Man Legends: Indirectly, because since Legends 3 is now cancelled, I made sure the word gets around on this, including but not limited to the Ruined FOREVER and Fallen Creator pages. Capcom was going through its own hell, back then, but now it seems to have lapsed.
- Laconic/Sega Genesis: Made the page.
- Phalanx: Added more info on the its Covers Always Lie entry, which I can interpret as my own Lampshade Hanging on the game's Japanese boxart design and how part of it links to its name. That line is gone now, however, probably for feeling shoehorned in.
- Spin Jam: Contributed quite a lot to this page.
- Team Buddies: Same as Spin Jam, but even more so than that game.
- Skullgirls: Added and edited some tropes.
- Senran Kagura: Added and edited some tropes, probably a bit more than the above for a while.
- Sonic.exe: Contributed to added info relating to its Sonic 1 Game Mod An Ordinary Sonic ROM Hack.
- Mario Teh Plumber: Contributed a lot to this page regarding Mariotehplumber's constant shaming of pretty much anything modern or female.
Launched Tropes and Works:
- Oxygenated Underwater Bubbles: A trope that definitely should be able to exist, based on proof of its presence in different Video Games, especially the Sonic the Hedgehog games. I also created its Laconic page.
- Thats Not Very Nice: A scrapped trope for being one of the many Stock Phrases.
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land: Responsible for creating the page as Kirby Wii and renaming its title for This Very Wiki after it was revealed as Kirby Returns to Dream Land, then got a bit help in the third and most recent change by which it's actually "Kirby's Return to Dream Land''.
- Drinking Game/Mother 3: Started the page, all from scratch. Quite cleverly, really.
- Single Plural Title: Scrapped, as it can already be used as a One-Word Title.
- Sonic The Hedgehog Megamix: Created nearly all of its info for both its main page and its YMMV, out of respect of it being my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog Game Mod of all time.
- Fox Eye: Created its main page, YMMV page, and Trivia page all from scratch. I also made, or had a massive contribution to, some of its games' own pages:
- Holdover: I didn't create it, but upon encountering the page and subsequently the game itself, I gave it a massive much-needed update on things that weren't already covered by its inception. I also added its page image and a fun little caption to go with it.
- Aqua Cube: Completely made this one from scratch, as well as its YMMV page. Still need to find an appropriate image for it, though.
- Hades Vanquish: Same as Aqua Cube. Also has a page image and caption.
- Blue Guardian Margaret: Same as Hades Vanquish, plus its Nightmare Fuel page, and by a much bigger margin for its main page, too. I've noticed on its Related Pages section that over 3 thousand people are learning about this game just from its main page on here alone. None of the other Fox Eye-related pages have gotten even close to that many hits, so I'm still here, sitting and wondering: "...Where the hell did they all come from?". Not bad at all for an extremely niche Metroidvania.
- Sacrifice Girl: Just like with Holdover, I didn't make this page, first. Someone else did, and it was likely due to my initial call for help that I thought I needed working on the above game's pages. The most I've done with this page so far is make its Trivia section, and add a main page image and a caption to go with it, but I feel like I should replace the image so that it actually shows its main character like the other Fox Eye pages do.
- With all of the hard work I contributed to the pages of this Doujin Soft Fetish developer and some of its games, I consider all of my work on Fox Eye-related content on TV Tropes to possibly be my Magnum Opus of all of the contributions I made to both creator pages and work pages on This Very Wiki. Yes, yes. I know I might have some explaining to do with all of this, because damn, even I'm still surprised about how much I put into these games' pages...
Still in progress...