Tropers / Takwin
Takwin: a Texan bibliophile with slight
mental disorders and a taste for overly strong coffee. Here to harass perfectly respectable, hard-working tropers with meticulousness and pedantry. Usually nests in the dark depths of tumblr.
Nice to meet you!
Objects of Obsession:
- Print: The Little Prince, Fullmetal Alchemist, Mushishi, Death Note, H.P. Lovecraft, Lord of the Flies, Black Jack, Phoenix, The Catcher in the Rye, XXXhoLic, any and all Scott Mccloud books, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and the Flight comic collections.
- Screen: MythBusters, The Simpsons, Futurama, Studio Ghibli, Tekkonkinkreet, Millennium Actress, 9, Invader Zim, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, Gravity Falls, TMNT, Cyborg009, Paranoia Agent, Osamu Tezukas Metropolis, Astro Boy, How to Train Your Dragon, The Iron Giant, Adventure Time, The Reward, Steven Universe, and AKIRA.
- Music: Ludo, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Vocaloid, Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse, Susumu Hirasawa and Journey.
- Web: This site, Lackadaisy Cats, Deviant ART, Hanna Is Not a Boy's Name, Digger, Johnny Wander, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Homestuck, The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Rice Boy and The Meek.
Tropes that apply to this troper:
Obligatory vandalism section:
If you please, draw me a sheep? - Krrackknut
You don't have to be rude to be a smartass, you tell 'em! Also, always happy to meet a Pink Floyd
Repaying the favor. —Kinkajou
I'm just curious, any particular reason behind the all-caps "THANK YOU" over on the Captain Ersatz
page? I provided that 500 Manga Creatures example and was curious, did you have some past experience with that book? - Count Dorku
- I was just expressing my gratitude that somebody pointed it out. That book was frankly a plagaristic nightmare, and I remember physically cringing when I read it at a bookstore recently. I'm sorry, did I come off too strong in that edit? I suppose it was a little uncouth...
- No, I'm grateful, it's just that all caps can give something of a Sarcasm Mode effect and I thought it was best to check. - Count Dorku
Keep on being funny and awesome! - Flanker 66
I must write in here since I'm apparently obligated to. Due to my lack of originality, I have nothing else to say Rainbow Dust
- You're not obligated to write anything, I just felt I should make a designated area for people to deface my page.
- It says "Obligatory Vandalism Section".
- Yeah, I guess that's not very clear, is it?
- Oh wait, I think I see where this went wrong: it's obligatory to have a vandalism section, not to write in those sections. It appears we had a failure to communicate.
- Hi! Thanks for being nice enough to add on my page! ~ Shadowgirl13Chaos
- You only like 6 different music artists? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but just wait until you see my Troper page and tell me what you think of it. Plus, I'm always glad to find a fan of The Simpsons anywhere. - AlBundyFan365
- I don't only like 6 artists. Those were just the ones I thought of at the time of writing. If I listed them all, this would take a while.
- Well, I reject your reality and blow it up with C4! Game Spazzer
- Hey, I like your blog. Having an interest in biology myself, I know quite a bit about the gross things that happen in nature, and you do a good job presenting it to the average person. - Tropers/Zennistrad