A somewhat shy, quiet Armenian from California in his early 20's, who matured but still never quite grew up. Already a published and award-winning writer. Big fan of animation and old slapstick comedy. Probably the only one on here who'd ever start a page for both Cab Calloway and The Kovenant
, just to give an idea of the diversity of his interests. Also is using TV Tropes to help with a Sci-Fi
/Adventure/Historical/Fantasy novel series he plans on writing. (People ask about the genre of it a lot and it's hard to explain.) He's rather bookish, majoring in Creative Writing and therefore knowledgeable about the craft; thus making TV Tropes the perfect kinda place for him.
Also has a fansite
dedicated to An American Tail
where he can geek out on it as he pleases. Also shows up on YouTube
(where he occasionally posts Youtube Poop
) and deviantART
under the same username. Likes to role play on
Roleplayer.me as well (by making profiles of fictional characters); try and guess which characters he plays after reading through his favorite works.
Surenity is a play on his real name, Suren.
Launched The Pages For:
Favorite Works Include:
open/close all folders
Tropes Describing Surenity:
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel: Enjoys wearing cloaks and puffy, lacey shirts on occasion.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Blue Eyes
- But Not Too Foreign: He wishes he were more foreign though.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Contemplate Our Navels: A favorite past time.
- Character Development: Was a Neutral Good Cheerful Child once, then became The Woobie in Middle School due to excessive bullying, had some Sanity Slippage and spent his teens as Chaotic Evil and aspired to Take Over the World. But after High School when entering his twenties he slowly but surely became a Composite Character of both his child and teenage personalities (Growing the Beard or Badass Decay, Your Mileage May Vary), and decided he'd rather be an author.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Dead Guy Junior: Subverted in that his grandfather didn't die until he was seven, but...
- Deadpan Snarker
- Doing It for the Art: He has a novel series to write, whether its profitable or not.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: He's trying to cut down.
- Identical Grandson: It's actually Suren the Second, named after his grandfather.
- Man Child: In the sense that he remains attached to the same things he was as a child even if society states he should have outgrown them, for example, cartoons.
- Name's the Same:
- The Napoleon: Subverted, he isn't very confrontational, but he's short.
- Nice Hat: Often wears a leather cap around.
- Only Sane Man: When it comes to his immediate family. * sigh*
- Overly Long Name: Not really, just to Americans who freak out whenever someone's last name isn't Jones or Smith and aren't used to seeing a white guy with a foreign name. Cue instances of It Is Pronounced Tro PAY even though it's pronounced basically the same way its spelled.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Reclusive Artist
- Schizo Tech: Proudly displays his Sega Genesis next to his Wii, and still creates mix tapes despite having access to CD's and Mp3's.
- Shrinking Violet
- The Storyteller
- Vague Age: Takes pride in the fact that he can still pass for 14, due to short height and a youthful face.
- Writers Cannot Do Math
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Cockroaches. He can't stand them. The Mummy certainly didn't help matters either.