open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Bedazzled (1967)
- Bedazzled (2000)
- Bound (1996)
- Derailed (2005)
- Frozen, originally Anna and The Snow Queen
- Scrooged: An example of the made-up-word variant.
- Tangled: Originally titled Rapunzel, it was specifically renamed to invoke this trope, hoping to appeal to a wider audience.
- Unforgiven, a Deconstructed Western.
- Unleashed: Originally titled Danny the Dog, probably also changed to invoke this trope.
- Terry Wogan's book Banjaxed.
- Matched: About a girl who has been Matched to some boy. And its sequels Crossed and Reached
- Fully half of the titles from Kelley Armstrong's The Otherworld series: Bitten, Stolen, Haunted, Broken, Frostbitten, and Spellbound.
- The short story "Called" by Desmond Warzel.
- Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 has a cheesy family film called Cashiered.
Live Action TV
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer had episodes titled "Flooded," "Smashed," "Wrecked" and "Gone" (the last being an irregular verb).
- Kidnapped (NBC Cop Show)
- Kidnapped (MTV Game Show)
- Punk'd: Creator of the 'd variant that has begun to show up more often. When Jeff Bridges hosted Saturday Night Live there was a commercial for his new show Jeff'd, which was a really lame version of Punk'd.
- The now-defunct Cracked Magazine, as well as the current website spawned from its ashes.
- Son of Svengoolie's last show had the song "Cancelled."
- Extremely common in Disturbed's discography. In fact you can sum up the entire discography of as Verbed Title, Adjective Noun, The X of Y, or The Something.
- Condemned: Criminal Origins
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Twisted: The Game Show
- The subtitles to WarioWare games are often named this way. So far there's been: WarioWare: Twisted!, WarioWare: Touched!, and WarioWare: Snapped.