Literature / Enchanted
is a Fantasy
novel by Alethea Kontis
, in a world where numerous fairy tales are true. The heroine Sunday is the youngest of six daughters, born on, named after, and fulfilling the nursery rhyme about the days of the week. One day in the woods, she meets up with a talking frog.
- After-Action Patch-Up: A servant girl does this for Sunday, after a riot, which lets Rumbold ask her name.
- Baleful Polymorph: Jack Jr. suffered this.
- Bewitched Amphibians: Rumbold
- Crush Blush: Sunday, at the ball.
- Dances and Balls: "Full of grace" Tuesday was very fond of them.
- Essence Drop: Rumbold found something significant in the stomach of a wolf.
- Defecting for Love: Sunday's family is set against the royal family.
- Famed In-Story: Jack Jr. Monday's beauty.
- He Will Not Cry, So I Cry for Him: Sunday when Rumbold says goodbye to his mother's ghost.
- I Kiss Your Hand: Rumbold uses it when he's not recovered enough to be able to speak, and is grateful.
- It Was a Gift: Thursday's prove significant.
- The Lady's Favour: Rumbold asks for Sunday's fallen ribbon, for this.
- Line-of-Sight Name: A mute girl points out a plant as her name
- The Lost Woods: The woods
- Love Freak: "Loving and giving" Friday.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Many, many Fairy Tales. Also some Mother Goose.
- Never Found the Body: Jack Jr.
- The Ophelia: "Full of woe" Wednesday
- Our Ghosts are Different: She is whispering to Rumbold
- Parental Abandonment: Half-inverted, half straight with Monday; straight with Rumbold
- Pirate: Thursday had married one.
- Rule of Three: Only the third kiss saves the frog.
- Rule of Seven: Seven daughters. Alos, both their parents were seventh son/daughter.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: "Fair of face" Monday
- The Story Teller: Sunday
- Tender Tears: Sunday, after a froggy profession that her tales are saving him.
- Textile Work Is Feminine: Friday is continually sewing.
- Thieving Magpie: One pirate sent to deliver gifts is Magpie.
- True Love's Kiss: To break the spell
- Unable to Cry: Rumbold when saying goodbye to his mother's ghost.
- Undeath Always Ends: Rumbold's mother