Series / Trollied
is a Brit Com
about the employees of a (fictional) supermarket, Valco. The series is set in Warrington, Cheshire
. The first season aired on Sky 1 in August and September 2011. A second series aired August to November 2012 with a Christmas Episode
airing that December. Series 3 started late August 2013 and will run for 13 episodes. The fourth series started on 3 November 2014 and concluded on 22 December 2014. A fifth series began airing on 2 November 2015 and ended on 14 December 2015. A Christmas special aired on 23 December 2015. A sixth series began airing on 7 November 2016, ending with a Christmas special on 19 December 2016.The employees that the show mainly focuses on are:
- Gavin (formerly Store Manager, now Area Manager)
- Julie (formerly Acting Deputy Manager, now permanent Deputy Manager)
- Andy (Head Butcher)
- Kieran (Butcher)
- Sue (Customer Service)
- Linda (Customer Service)
- Katie (Checkout operator)
- Lisa (Checkout operator)
- Margaret (Store assistant)
- Leighton (Store assistant)
- Colin (Store assistant)
- Neville (formerly Kiosk Assistant, then Checkout Operator, now Butcher)
- Lorraine (Store Manager)
- Sharon (Head Baker)
- Vic (Customer)
- Richard (Director of Strategy)
- Dave (Fishmonger)
- Ray (Fishmonger)
- Harry (Checkout Operator)
- Brian (Pharmacist)
- Anna (Checkout Operator)
- Rose (Checkout Operator)
- Daniel (Assistant Store Manager)
- Charlie (Store Assistant)
- Cheryl (formerly Lauda Store Manager, now Area Manager)
- Heather (Store Assistant)
- Duncan (Pleasure Foods Sales Rep.)
- Shai (Store Assistant)
- Holly (Daniel's partner)
This show has examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Andy. But only with a gun to his head of course.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Julie.
- British Brevity: The first season consists of eight episodes. According to Word Of God, the forthcoming second and third seasons will contain thirteen episodes each.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Julie towards Gavin, who is apparently oblivious to her feelings for him, and Kieran and Katie towards each other.
- Julie finally breaks in the 2013 Christmas Episode when she mistakes Gavin encouraging her to take a new job as asking her out, and they kiss. She later tells everyone at their Christmas Dinner, and runs off crying.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Margaret.
- Cringe Comedy: Fairly often. Julie's work interview is by far the best example.
- The Ditz: Leighton.
- Jerkass: Colin, who is so lazy, rude and unhelpful to customers it's a wonder he managed to get employed at Valco. Julie also falls into this territory on a regular basis.
- Offscreen Breakup: Keiran begins Series 3 living with his parents after his divorce with Emma
- Put on a Bus: Andy and Kieran in Series 3
- The Pollyanna: Leighton.
- Too Much Information: Lisa loves this trope.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Kieran and Katie, in spades. The only thing stopping them from getting together is the fact that Kieran already has a girlfriend (and later fiancée), who is incredibly controlling of him.
- Unsatisfiable Customer: Surprisingly rare considering the setting, but this does pop up occasionally.