Undisputed revolves around George "Iceman" Chambers (Ving Rhames), a character obviously modeled after Mike Tyson. The heavyweight boxing champion is sent to prison after being charged with rape. There, his reputation throws him into the world of prison boxing, where a bout is arranged between him and Monroe Hutchen (Wesley Snipes).
This film has the examples of:
- Boss Subtitles: Every major character gets one, which shows their name and the crime(s) that got them in.
- Con Man: Marvin, who does the commentary during the boxing matches.
- Luxury Prison Suite: Mendy's cell.
- The Mafia: Mendy is an old mafia member, and they pull the strings in the background to his whims.
- Otaku: Mendy has been a big boxing fan through his whole life.
- Shower Scene: Monroe's second encounter with Iceman is in the shower, where he once again tries to insult him.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Played with. Monroe defeats Iceman but is still stuck in prison for life. When Iceman gets paroled, his condition for fighting Monroe, the lack of any video allows his camp to call the entire fight a hoax, and he soon regains his heavyweight title. However, Monroe and the prisoners know the truth, and the last shot of Monroe smiling as he builds a toothpick model (not bothering to watch Iceman's PPV fight like the other prisoners) implies he's content with knowing he beat Iceman, even if the rest of the world doesn't.
- The Stoic: Monroe. He's in prison for the only time he lost his cool, that being finding his wife in bed with another man and killing the guy.
- Those Wacky Nazis: A couple of neo-nazis get their asses kicked.
- What Are You in For?: It is considred rude to ask this among the prisoners. Not long after learning this, Iceman hurls this question at Monroe's manager Ratbag to show his disrespect.