The short features examples of:
- Captivity Harmonica: The prisoner's playing it in the beginning.
- Deadpan Snarker: The warden has a few moments of this when watching the prisoner on TV.(after the "boxing match" ends with a KO) "That's a fixed fight if I ever saw one."
(upon seeing a screen declaring the horse racing has been cancelled due to rain) "Hm. Sunny California."
- Exploding Calendar: The years rapidly floating towards the camera to signify the passage of time.
- Failed a Spot Check: Nobody ever notices the gigantic mountain of dirt right outside the prisoner's window as he digs.
- Fauxtastic Voyage: The prisoner acting out the TV programme can be seen as a variant of this.
- Irony: Of the tragic kind. The whole reason the prisoner's escape failed was because, while making small talk to quell the warden's suspicions, he randomly mentioned an "anniversary"... thus prompting the warden to remember the forgotten wedding anniversary and hastily buy the TV.
- Jaw Drop: One heck of a jaw drop when the prisoner realizes where the TV ended up.
- Not So Stoic: The jail warden goes into an incredibly goofy dance when watching the "concert" on TV.
- One-Man Band: The prisoner ends up becoming this for sake of a "TV concert".
- Stand-In Portrait: The prisoner's antics inside the TV.
- Verbed Title
- Wig, Dress, Accent: The prisoner's disguises.