Literature: Iron Druid Chronicles
"Woah. He had ghouls on speed dial. My lawyer kicks so much ass.''
An urban fantasy series by Kevin Hearne. Atticus O'Sullivan, a 21-century old Druid living in Tempe, Arizona just likes to peddle fake magic items to hippies. Unfortunately, his peaceful life keeps getting interrupted. Then he gets out his Absurdly Sharp Blade
and his iron necklace and proceeds to take names, often with the assistance of his lawyers, a firm made up of a pack of werewolves and a vampire.
The main series is:
- Hounded (2011)
- Hexed (2011)
- Hammered (2011)
- Tricked (2012)
- Trapped (2012)
- Hunted (2013)
- Shattered (2014)
Additionally, there are several other stories available:
- "Two Ravens and One Crow": A novella set between the events of Tricked and Trapped. It is available on the Kindle or included with Hunted.
- "A Test of Mettle": A short story, found here, that takes place during the events of Hammered.
- "Clan Rathskeller": Another short story, also on Hearne's website that takes place about ten months before the beginning of Hounded.
- "Grimoire of the Lamb": A novella set four years before the start of Hounded.
- "The Chapel Perilous" Set around fifteen hundred years before the events of the main series.
This series provides examples of: