Hayk Manukyan is an Armenian-American cartoonist, most well known for his flash
cartoons on YouTube
and New Grounds
, which he makes in his spare time while working for different animation studios. On Youtube he also posted (live action) vlogs for a time in the guise of his alter-ego Harut.
Web cartoons by Hayk Manukyan
His cartoons can be viewed here
- Amazingly Embarrassing Grandparents: In the one-shot "Armenian Grandpa Job Interview".
- Animation Bump: Neenja: Way of the Harut has some impressive animation compared to other Harut shorts.
- Art Evolution: In early shorts Abo and Karo are drawn without any outlines, reminiscent of South Park's animation style.
- Art Shift: After Harut was put into the Abo and Karo series as their father he started being drawn in their style.
- Big Eater: Abo
- Canon Immigrant: Harut into the Abo and Karo series.
- Censor Box: A hilariously small one is put over a naked Karo in "Chocolate Vodka".
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Harut in Neenja: Way of the Harut.
- Fat Idiot: Abo
- Name's the Same: In the episode where Harut interviews "Michael Jackson" (an old white dentist).
- Straight Man: Karo
- Talking to Himself: Manukyan usually voices everyone in his cartoons.
- Vocal Evolution: Karo's voice gradually becomes lower. In the early shorts it sounds like he's had too much helium.
- Vot Ocksent?: In an episode of his Harut series, the Armenian-accented Harut pulls up to a drive-through window and asks for a number twelve, pronouncing it "twerve". This leads to a huge misunderstanding, with Harut screaming "Vhy you no understand?!"
- In his vlog, Hayk tells a (probably fake) story about how he got in trouble while returning a VCR to a store because the way he said "as a matter of fact" came out sounding like "as motter focked", and couldn't understand why everyone got so upset. When the problem is traced to his accent, he replies "Vot ocksent?"