I'm a 30-something overeducated temp
, born in New Jersey
, raised in western Massachusetts
, and now happily ensconced in Boston
. Proudly representing multiple stereotypes of my home state, I'm a liberal pinko lefty, a perpetual satellite of academia, of Irish ancestry, foul-mouthed
especially on the T or the road, and consider maple syrup to be Serious Business
. I'm happily married to fandom and a bit of a loner
. In addition to being a self-described media whore, I'm a history buff, amateur singer, and decorative arts enthusiast with a particular love of glass art (Dale Chihuly and Josh Simpson ftw) and Asian ceramics. While I only joined TV Tropes in March 2011, I've been lurking semi-obsessively for over a year before that
My Character Sheet
- Afraid of Needles
- Bi the Way
- The Eeyore much of the time, though my Internet persona tends toward either Squee or political Ideological Screed.
- Fangirl tendencies, I'll admit - major Perverse Sexual Lust for various characters (Alistair from Dragon Age, Anders (that bastard broke my heart) and Merrill from Dragon Age II, female Shepard and Liara from Mass Effect, Mohinder Suresh from Heroes, Angel, Simon Tam from Firefly, Shion Uzuki from Xenosaga, Yuna from Final Fantasy X and Paine from FinalFantasyX-2, Haley Starshine and Miko Miyazaki from The Order of the Stick - weird, considering the minimalist art and that Miko's crazy). . .and a tendency to Squee. I like to joke that I'm "fictionsexual."
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Mastering this trick was one of the proudest moments of my adolescence.
- Forgets to Eat
- Horrible Judge of Character sometimes, alas. . . (The Libby wants to be my bestest friend, and everything she tells me is true! Of course my friendship with the smarmy guy my friends warned me about will work out fine!)
- Not a Morning Person
- Petite Pride: Short, skinny, A-cup, fine with that.
- Sophisticated as Hell: My speech tends to mix Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness with Buffy Speak, fan-speak, and Cluster F Bombs.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Triscuit crackers with cheese, preferably gouda, chevre, brie, or very sharp cheddar. Om nom nom nom.
- Unusual Eyebrows: Of the Fiery variety, not quite big enough to be Big Ol' Eyebrows.
Media I love (warning, entry pimping may occur):
Literature (science fiction and fantasy)
Live Action TV
- The work of Emily Short, particularly Galatea, A Dark and Stormy Entry (probably the funniest game I've ever played), and Bronze.
- Suzanne Britton's Worlds Apart
- The amazing Dragon Age fan comics of Aimo, at http://aimo.deviantart.com. She's so good that the head writer for the series invited her to do a comic with him!
- Order of the Stick has several talented fan artists:
- FRUITY OATY BARS! I demand to know if you really do make people bust out of their blouses! Do you also cause mouse-to-human mutation? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW! - FringeBenefits
- In answer to your questions: the former, on occasion *wicked grin*. The latter, fortunately no, because then I'd have some unwanted roommates.