Tropers / Arcane Azmadi
Young adult Australian who mostly keeps to himself. Loves anime, video games and speculative fiction movies and books; finds the mundane intensely
boring. Favourite movie is Millennium Actress.
Likes heavy metal and alternative rock music. Plays the violin and the shamisen. Currently struggling with clinical depression and a resurgence of the ADD that bothered him in his teenage years. Extremely pessimistic and negative about almost every aspect of existence. Has practically no friends and is subsequently extremely lonely. Currently attempting to make a career as a novelist, with a complete lack of success.
Wrote the original YKTTW
for Stupid Sacrifice
and created the tropes pages for Infinity Wars
, the Naruto
, Medicinal Lullaby
and Dead Garden
, the The Hunger Games
fanfic When The Moon Fell In Love With The Sun
and most recently, his own Naruto
fanfics Naruto: the Secret Songs of the Ninja
and For Love
. Has also contributed heavily to the pages for Iketeru Futari
, Pig Bride
, Guru Guru Pon Chan
, Rose of the Prophet
and Robot Wars
. His most notable accomplishment so far in Troper-related culture has been doing the rewrite of the English-language script for the Russian-made eroge Everlasting Summer
This Troper provides examples of:
- And a Diet Coke: As mentioned under the 'Real Life' tab on that page, he's one of those people who prefer Diet Coke to normal Coke because he can't stand the flavour of sugary Coke.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Suffers from ADD. Mostly manifests in a habit of starting a new video game every week or so and never finishing any of them.
- Berserk Button: Being allergic to cigarette smoke makes him avoid smokers at all costs. But if you ever deliberately blow smoke in his face then, as soon as he's done throwing up, he will make you eat that fucking thing!
- Bi the Way: Gynephilic actually.
- Blue and Orange Morality: While his morals are straightforward enough (in the same way a sledgehammer to the foot is straightforward) his politics are so criss-crossed and twisted that he refers to himself as a "radical liberal fascist!"
- "For those of you who aren't aware..."
- He also often paraphrases something Dumbledore said in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: "You seem to be labouring under the delusion that..." (most commonly "You seem to be labouring under the delusion that I give a fuck what you think").
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Eeyore: His favourite saying is "Every day in every way, things get worse and worse." His second favourite saying is "Always expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised." He's actually very seriously clinically depressed.
- Flowery Insults: Quite fond of these. One of his favourites if "You're the greatest pro-abortion argument I've ever met."
- Gradual Grinder: His preferred strategy in any conflict; establish an impenetrable defence so you can't lose, then slowly work on gaining ground until you win. Some games it suits, some it doesn't.
- Hates Being Touched: Generally uncomfortable touching people who is not already close to. Don't pat him on the back, don't tap him on the head, he doesn't find it amusing.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Has exactly ONE friend, who he is nevertheless closer to than his own real brother.
- Humans Are Bastards: The election of Donald Trump as President of the US completely destroyed any remaining traces of faith he had left in the innate goodness of mankind. As far as he's concerned, the nature of mankind is stupid, short-sighted, selfish, heartless and cruel.
- Misanthrope Supreme: Frankly he thinks we all deserve to die out. Yes, he's fully aware of what it means to label himself with this trope.
- Liberty Over Prosperity: While he recognises freedom as fundamentally important, he inclines more towards the "prosperity of order" side of things because, in his cynicism, he believes that the people who bang on loudest about "freedom" (like Objectivists) generally only mean for themselves i.e the freedom to take whatever they want from other people, and other peoples' freedom to put up with it.
- Insufferable Genius: His IQ was once evaluated as around 147. Since he's fully aware that nobody likes him, he figures he might as well drop the false modesty and just engage in Self-Deprecation.
- Mickey Mousing: Has a tendancy to do it instinctively- sometimes only accompanied by the music in his head. Yeah, he's weird like that.
- Walking In Rhythm: If you ever see him walking down the street while listening to his iPod, only to suddenly switch from a brisk stride to a casual saunter, it means the track just changed.
- Nay-Theist: Technically an atheist since he flat-out doesn't believe in a higher power. However he does state that on the off chance he's wrong and God does exist, then he can go fuck himself for letting the world be such a fucking horrible place, and to hell with any excuses about "needing to respect human free will".
- Only Friend: The aforementioned friend goes by the name "Kittiegocrunch" and the two of them go back more than 15 years to early high school.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: His two miniature longhaired dachshund puppies, Bitty and Nom.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Talks like this from time to time.
- Sore Loser: Much to his shame, yes. He doesn't take losing well, especially if he feels that he lost because of reasons beyond his control.
- Stopped Caring: He doesn't care about how shit the world is any more, because the people trying to make it better are massively outnumbered by the people actively trying to make it worse, the bastards will always win, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
- Straight Edge: Pretty much, although he doesn't consider himself part of any movement. He's never taken any kind of hard drug, never smoked (obviously since they make him sick) and while he drinks some alcohol, he's never been drunk in his life ("mildly tipsy" is the worst he's ever gotten and he's never had a hangover). He also has no tattoos or piercings and doesn't like the idea of doing anything unnatural to his body- he's not even very fond of prescription medicine, which is why he's never managed to stick to any of the treatments he's been assigned to handle his depression or ADD. Sometimes borders on Smug Straight Edge.
- Unusual Euphemism: "Christ on toast!"
- Watsonian vs. Doylist: Inclines heavily to the Doylist side of the spectrum.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: For pretty much his entire life he's had people asking him what his accent is. Since his accent changes wildly based on his mood and circumstances, these days his answer is simply "it's mine".