Tropers: Arcane Azmadi
Young adult Australian who mostly keeps to himself. Loves anime, video games and speculative fiction movies and books; finds the mundane intensely boring. Favourite movie is Millennium Actress. Likes heavy metal and alternative rock music. Plays the violin and the shamisen. Currently struggling with clinical depression and a resurgence of the ADD that bothered him in his teenage years. Extremely pessimistic and negative about almost every aspect of existence. Has practically no friends and is subsequently extremely lonely. Wrote the original YKTTW for Stupid Sacrifice and created the tropes pages for Infinity Wars, the Naruto fanfics RED, Medicinal Lullaby and Dead Garden, the The Hunger Games fanfic When The Moon Fell In Love With The Sun and most recently, his own Naruto fanfic Naruto: the Secret Songs of the Ninja. Has also contributed heavily to the pages for Iketeru Futari, Pig Bride, Guru Guru Pon Chan and Rose of the Prophet. His most notable accomplishment so far in Troper-related culture has been doing the rewrite of the English-language script for the Russian-made eroge Everlasting Summer. After the wiki shakeup and the need to make new accounts, he couldn't be arsed trying to get his old name linked to his new account and is now known as ArcaneAzmadi.
This Troper provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Suffers from ADD. Mostly manifests in a habit of starting a new video game every week or so and never finishing any of them.
- Berserk Button: Being allergic to cigarette smoke makes him avoid smokers at all costs. But if you ever deliberately blow smoke in his face then, as soon as he's done throwing up, he will make you eat that fucking thing!
- Bi the Way: Gynosexual actually.
- Blue and Orange Morality: While his morals are straightforward enough (in the same way a sledgehammer to the foot is straightforward) his politics are so criss-crossed and twisted that he refers to himself as a "radical liberal fascist!"
- Knight Templar: This is primarily because his main belief is that if someone isn't good you should either be able to make them be good. He believes that all freedoms should be allowed as long as they harm no-one, but that all freedoms that do harm people should be constrained. He's also a great believer in the idea that truly evil people should simply be put down like animals.
- Catch Phrase
- "For those of you who aren't aware,"
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Eeyore: His favourite saying is "Every day in every way, things get worse and worse." His second favourite saying is "Always expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised."
- Gradual Grinder: His preferred strategy in any conflict; establish an impenetrable defence so you can't lose, then slowly work on gaining ground until you win. Some games it suits, some it doesn't.
- Hates Being Touched: Generally uncomfortable touching people who is not already close to. Don't pat him on the back, don't tap him on the head, he doesn't find it amusing.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Has exactly ONE friend, who he is nevertheless closer to than his own real brother.
- Insufferable Genius: His IQ was once evaluated as around 147. Since he's fully aware that nobody likes him, he figures he might as well drop the false modesty and just engage in Self-Deprecation.
- Mickey Mousing: Has a tendancy to do it instinctively- sometimes only accompanied by the music in his head. Yeah, he's weird like that.
- Only Friend: The aforementioned friend goes by the name "Kittiegocrunch" and the two of them go back more than 15 years to early high school.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: His two miniature longhaired dachshund puppies, Bitty and Nom.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Talks like this from time to time.
- Buffy Speak: And like this at other times.
- Sore Loser: Much to his shame, yes. He doesn't take losing well, especially if he feels that he lost because of reasons beyond his control
- Unusual Euphemism: "Christ on toast!"
- Watsonian Versus Doylist: Inclines heavily to the Doylist side of the spectrum.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: For pretty much his entire life he's had people asking him what his accent is. Since his accent changes wildly based on his mood and circumstances, these days his answer is simply "it's mine".