Hi there, welcome to my rebooted troper page. First, an introduction: My name is Jesse, I'm 27 years old, and I live in Seattle, Washington. I'm a part-time writer, part-time gamer, part-time troper, and part-time reader...and when I'm not doing that, I work full-time at a thrift store.
Here are some tropes that I've launched:
- Plato Is a Moron
- Former Friend of Alpha Bitch
- Can't Believe I Said That
- Amnesia Missed a Spot
- Implied Death Threat
- Covert Distress Code
- Glad He's on Our Side
Tropes that apply to me:
- Appointment Television: Pretty Little Liars, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash (2014), and The 100.
- Asperger's Syndrome: Well, given my unimaginative choice of troper names, that's kind of a given.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: I'm reasonably smart, a good student, a good employee, and a decent writer, but I'm also known for listening to music and singing in public.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes.
- Catch Phrase: "If you say so."
- Celebrity Crush: Victoria Justice, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Eliza Dusku.
- Celibate Hero: Yes on the celibate, no on the hero.
- Cursed with Awesome: My view on Asperger's Syndrome.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Embarassing First Name: Subverted. I was going to be named Raymond Mc Queed, but when I was put up for adoption, so I got named something.
- Genre Savvy: I correctly guessed that Mona Vanderwaal was A, Irene Adler was Moriarity, and that Audrey Jensen was involved in the Ghostface killings.
- Insistent Terminology: Never call Asperger's a disease. It's a condition.
- Mistaken for Racist: Once at the store where I work, because apparently customers think that I have the time and inclination to notice their skin color.
- Nice Guy: I try.
- Nice Hat: I have a handmade replica of Naoto Shirogane's hat from Persona 4.
- Old Shame: See Pretty Fly for a White Guy.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: I had an unfortunate "white rapper" phase in high school, which I have since grown out of.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Yep.
- Self-Deprecation: My preferred form of humor.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: Pretty much my M.O.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subverted. I tried to dye my hair in blue in high school, but was unsuccessful.
My completed works or works in process:
- Memento Mori written under my real name (Jesse Schoedel). Available on Amazon and Create Space.
- The Book Jumper written under my pen name (Scott Coulson). A work in progress.
Tropes used in my work:
- Big Bad Friend: The antagonist of Memento Mori turns out to be the main character's best friend.
- Bookworm: Caitlin Myles, the protagonist of The Book Jumper, loves her books.
- Conveniently an Orphan: Caitlin Myles again. Her parents are killed in a car accident while she's in juvenile detention, forcing her to go live with her uncle and her cousin.
- Easy Amnesia: Averted in Memento Mori. The main character spends most of the novel having no clue who she is or why anyone would want be stalking her. Her memory comes back slowly and only in response to various stimuli.
- Intrepid Fictioneer: Caitlin Myles again. She can travel into the world of any book.
- Just Got Out of Jail: Caitlin Myles at the beginning of The Book Jumper.
- Portal Book: Caitlin Myles can make any book into one of these.
Some things I like:
- Bon Jovi
- Fleetwood Mac
- Kacey Musgraves
- Once Upon a Time
- The Flash (2014)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Pretty Little Liars
- Final Fantasy X
- Marvel Cinematic Universe