Hey there. I'm Aspie. Won't tell you my real name cause I don't know who you are. What?! That does not
make me a Conspiracy Theorist
! Take that back! Well, to prove I'm not one, I will tell you some things about myself. I live in the great state of Washington where I attend Seattle
University. I'm 23 years old and I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice with a specialization in Forensic Psychology. (And yes, I do watch Criminal Minds
.) My favorite type of literature is the detective novel. (Big shocker right?) I also love anime and manga. My favorite (naturally) is Case Closed
. My favorite authors are Lisa Gardner and Robert Crais, and my favorite band is Nickelback
Tropes I've Launched:
Oh, and one more thing: I have Asperger Syndrome
Tropes this troper provides examples of:
- Appointment Television: Pretty Little Liars and Once Upon a Time.
- Asperger's Syndrome: Given my username, that goes without saying
- Berserk Button:
- Being cut off in the middle of sentences
- Vegetarians who act like they're morally superior because they don't eat meat, as though plants aren't just as alive as animals.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: I consistently get A's in all classes and I have a 3.875 grade point average, but I have this quirk of plugging in my Zune and rocking out to the music while I'm walking places. Also, I mutter story ideas to myself in public.
- Butt Monkey: I was bullied a lot in elementary school, middle school, and high school. The Butt Monkey-ness tapered off when I entered college, by which time I had stopped caring about popularity anyway.
- Captain Obvious: On occasion.
- Catch Phrase:
- "What do they think I am? A moron?" (When receiving an obvious piece of junk mail/virus mail.)
- "If you say so"
- Celebrity Crush: On Victoria Justice and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Celibate Hero
- Could Say It But:
- Would absolutely never say that the officiating crew in Superbowl XL cheated the Seahawks out of a win.
- Subverted when a book called "Your Government Failed You" was donated to the Value Village where I work:
I could make a snarky comment about that (beat)
so I will.
- Cursed with Awesome: Other people call Asperger's Syndrome a disability. I call it the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Deadpan Snarker: I usually avert this one, but sometimes I play it straight. Sometimes, I even direct the snark at myself.
- Does Not Like Shoes: I wear them in public, but I usually take them off at home.
- Dude, Not Funny!: I don't get told this a lot, but I did once say this about a guy who told a really offensive Asperger's joke.
- Embarrassing First Name: Subverted. I almost had the embarassing name (first and last) of Raymond McQueed, but I was put for adoption, so I got named something else. With no offense intended to my birth mother, thank goodness for that.
- Epic Fail: Because ordinary failure just doesn't do it for me.
- Genre Savvy: I've made the following correct guesses about TV shows:
- Grammar Nazi: Only towards myself and even then my grammar isn't right 100% of the time. However, I do have this quirk of using correct English even in online conversations.(As opposed to using Leet Lingo.)
- Insistent Terminology: I should only have to say this once: It is Asperger's Syndrome. It is not Asperger's Disease. (And yes, I have heard it called that before.)
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Leitmotif: If I had one, it would be "Outcast" by James Durbin.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: I had this to say on the lineup for the 2011 American Music Awards:
"The performance lineup for this year's American Music Awards will be comprised of a number of talented musicians. Oh, and Justin Bieber
- Nice Guy: I try to be one.
- Nice Hat: I have handmade replica of Naoto's hat from Persona 4
- Old Shame: See directly below.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: I had what I can only describe as a "rapper phase" in high school. Thankfully, while I still enjoy the occasional rap song, I've put any delusions about writing them firmly in the past, which is where they should remain. Seriously, I was terrible!
- Proud to Be a Geek: Hell yeah!
- Real Men Wear Pink: I'm probably one of the unmasculine guys there is...and I'm damn proud of it.
- Wholesome Crossplayer: I went to Sakura-Con 2010 as Naoto Shirogane. (Mind you, it helped that Naoto herself is a Wholesome Crossdresser, so the costume was actually male. It still counts as "crossplay" because the character is female.)
- Rummage Fail: Has done this before.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subverted. I tried to dye my hair blue in high school, but my hair was too dark, so the dye didn't take. Should've bleached it first, but didn't want to in case I changed my mind later.
Tropes used in my writing:
- Big Bad Friend: The stalker in "Memento Mori" turns out to be the main character's best friend.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The main character in "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student" addresses the reader a couple of times during the story. Justified, as she's using a magic crystal to record her words, thoughts, and actions as the events of the story unfold around her.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Demons in "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student": Pure-bred demons have dark green scales and orange eyes, giving them an unpleasant reptilian look, but they are no more inclined to evil than the average human would be.
- Easy Amnesia: Averted in "Memento Mori", my first novel. The main character spends most of the novel having no clue who she is or why some anonymous stalker is threatening her. The memories come back slowly and only in response to various stimuli.
- Half-Demon Hybrid: I will be introducing some of these as "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student" progresses. I've already conceived of a race of lion-esque demons called Sekhmites (so named because the first ones were the product of a careless fling between a demon and the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet.)
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: The Evil Plan of the villain in "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student" includes forcibly causing demons in the mortal world to assume their original forms.
- Our Demons Are Different: The protagonist of my second novel, "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student" is a demon, but she is much different than the typical image of demons. As I pointed out to someone who compared my story to The Screwtape Letters:
There are three key differences in the story I'm writing: 1) My demons aren't from Hell. 2) My main character, though a demon, is not evil.
3) My demons want to study humans, not corrupt them. They're more like scientists, acting out of a mix of academic curiosity and the desire to improve their own society.
- Our Souls Are Different: In "Diary Of A Demon Exchange Student", even demons can be born with souls, though this is a rarity, only occurring in about one in one-hundred thousand demons. The main character likens it to a genetic mutation.
- Shout-Out: In "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student", the World Gate attendant mentions that the idea of using a mirror to travel between worlds came from a book in the mortal world.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Demons in "Diary of a Demon Exchange Student", though they require the aid of external magic to do so. The magic of the World Gate (a mirror that acts as a portal to the human world) also allows demons to take on a mortal form. Most demons become humans, though becoming something other than a human is allowed. Once the form is chosen, the demon is stuck with it for the duration of their stay, though they are given magic rings that temporarily restore their demonic form, in case of emergencies.
Some Stuff I Like
Things I don't like
- Because if people with a meidocre singing voice were meant to be stars, I would've been huge.
Some fan-made music video's I created.
- Dark Cloud 2 - Livin On A Prayer. This one was my first. Oh, and I have my first name at the end of this one, so if you wanna know it, there it is. Also, I do know that I wrote gamestop instead of gamespot.
- Death Note - Taking Back Control. This is my personal favorite. Enjoy.
- Naruto - Faith. Uses clips solely from episode one of Naruto. I had fun with this one.
- Victorious - Dance Forever I didn't like this one as much as the others, since one of the source videos I used was really grainy and there wasn't a lot of selection either, but I couldn't bring myself to delete it.
Put comments and stuff here. Have fun, but please sign them.
You sound a lot like me. Maybe because of Asperger Syndrome
. Rainbow Dust
You sound quite different from me. I wish I had something to specialize in, but I'm just a clerk. Your tastes are different too. Officially diagnosed with AS? Bonsai Forest Yes. When I was six.
I got Aspergers too, but I'm not lucky in love or in life. But I see you like Victorious which I like too. Let me guess- you're a dude, right? Arnoldmcguire335 Yes. I am a guy. I checked out your page, we have quite a bit in common. I see your also a fan of H 20 Just Add Water. I got hooked on that after I checked it out on youtube and watched all three seasons in a week and a half.
It's all right. We all
know who you are... (as you can guess, I like to mess with conspiracy theorists
' minds. Amused Troper Guy That's okay, I'm not really a Conspiracy Theorist. I just pretend to be one for laughs. Or maybe I am.
Hello, fellow Aspie. Kind of like Rainbow Dust
, you do sound a lot like me. I also love Criminal Minds
. I'm interested in pursuing a career in forensics, like working in a crime lab or something. What can you tell me about the field of forensics? —Indigo12ash