a.k.a. He-Who-Watches-Anime-And-Reads-Comics-And-Books-And-Such Greetings, Topers! I am Oberyn! I am a seeker of entertaining anime, manga, books, comics, video games, e.t.c, as well as an avid troper and part-time reviewer. So let me discuss some aspects of myself:
open/close all folders
Favorite and Least Favorite Anime/Manga
- Fullmetal Alchemist & Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: My personal Codifier to all anime and obvious favorite.
- Soul Eater
- Cowboy Bebop
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Ouran High School Host Club
- G Gundam
- Baka Test
- Rebuild of Evangelion: Enough so that It has nearly erased the memoy of Eo E from my mind. See bellow.
- Negima!: I debated putting this on the list. I admit, Negima (especially the manga) does a lot of things good, but there are some things that annoy me that I cannot help.
- Death Note: NO! I do not consider Light a hero. Actually, I considered him an anti-hero...up until episode 2. That and...well...there's really not a heaping amount of likeable characters in it.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX,5Ds, Zexal: At least the original had a semblance of likeable plot. These three, in my opinion, where just to cash in on the card game.
- Sports Mangas: Sorry, no detrament, I just find them boring.
- Gundam Wing: I liked the story, the characters and such, it's just...Gundam stopped being fun after this. Because it introduced Yaoi Fangirls to the equation. (As you will see, I am all for gay rights and such. What annoys me is when people try to push shit one me, like obsessive, psychotic Yaoi Fangirls can and have).
- Dragon Ball: Now I know I'll be crucified for this, but I don't, have not, nor ever will like Dragonball. I'm sorry. I couldn't stand the main character, the screaming, the rediculous power-ups, e.t.c. I do like the abridged series though. Go Team Four Star!
- The End Of Evangelion: OH DEAD GOD IN HEAVEN! Now, let me get this straight, I like the series. But this! This is, in my opinion, a blatant middle finger to the fans.
Favorite/Least Favorite Comics
FavoriteTropes That I Embrace:
- Kingdom Come
- Sinestro Corps War
- Blackest Night
- Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- The Sandman
- Justice Society of America
- Captain America
- The Mighty Thor
- Countdown to Final Crisis: ....Do I really need to explain.
- Final Crisis itself: Regardless of Countdown, I found Final Crisis to convuluted and confusing, espeically when I was expecting a climactic final showdown between Sups and mighty Darkseid.
- Batman RIP: Again, confusing and just weird. It seems like at time I want to praise Grant Morrison (52, All-Star Superman), and other times strangle him.
- One More Day: Again, must I explain?
- Siege: Honestly, I just found it boring. Especially when it's supposed to be Norman Osbourne and his Dark Avengers against the freaking GODS, I felt it could've been executed better.
- Badass Bookworm: Not to be proud or anything, but a 3.5-3.6 GPA in a History major as well as Kempo (not a black belt...yet).
- Berserk Button: “Stop Having Fun” Guys, People with innacurate info to back up their claims, and people who redicule others.
- Another is when anime fans in the west try to act redicuously japanesse. It's fine to like anime and appreciate other cultures, but seriously?
- Blade on a Stick: My preffered weapon in video games.
- Celibate Hero: Completely against my will though.
- Even the Lawful Neutral Has Standards: As admitted above, I'm not a strong fan of Negima!, but when I heard one of the Fan Dumb bashing it with very innacurate fact to back it up, I went balistic.
- Lawful Neutral: The law is the law. Deal with it!
- Superlative Dubbing: I am not one those that despise dubs. As long as you put effort into it, I appreciate them. Glad to see that this is being embraced more.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: 5'10'', dark complexion, and more snark than handsomness.
- The '90s: A child of this age.