Creator: Jeremy Irons
Jeremy John Irons (born September 19, 1948) is an English film, television, stage and voice actor, well-known for his deep, gravelly voice, described by one critic as "whipped cream with glass shards" that reeks of Magnificent Bastardry. He has won an Academy Award, two Golden Globes and an Emmy.Irons is very British in his Hollywood roles, and isn't afraid to have some fun while doing a villain role for cash. It's difficult to make a meaningful anagram out of his name.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Alfred Pennyworth
- Beautiful Creatures: Macon Ravenwood
- Betrayal: Jerry
- The Borgias: Rodrigo Borgia, a.k.a. Pope Alexander VI
- Brideshead Revisited: Charles Ryder
- The Colour of Magic: Lord Vetinari
- Comic Relief: Severus Snape
- Dead Ringers: Elliot and Beverly Mantle
- Die Hard with a Vengeance: Simon Gruber
- The Mission: Father Gabriel
- Dungeons & Dragons: Profion (in one of the most enjoyable hamtastic performances ever).
- Eragon: Brom (delivering possibly the best performance in the movie )
- The BBC's Henry IV Part 1 and Henry IV Part 2: Henry IV
- The House of the Spirits: Esteban Trueba
- Kafka: Franz Kafka
- Kingdom of Heaven: Tiberius
- The Lion King: Scar
- Lolita (1997): Humbert Humbert
- The Man in the Iron Mask: Aramis
- Reversal of Fortune: Claus von Bülow (the role that won him his Academy Award).
- The Timekeeper: H. G. Wells
- The Time Machine (2002 remake): The Uber-Morlock
- Affably Evil: Often plays this type of character.
- Badass Baritone
- Deadpan Snarker
- Depraved Kids' Show Host: Or rather a kids show host that went on to play a number of depraved characters in films, including a paedophile in Lolita. But he started out as a presenter on the 1970s British children's TV show Play Away
- Evil Brit
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Large Ham: Expecially as a villain.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Always comes across as a gentleman in interviews. Also has been involved in humanitarian efforts and organizations, including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, an initiative aimed at defeating third-world hunger.