A witty saying proves nothing.RETIRED FROM THE FORUMS (with the exception of Trope Repair Shop). Please use the wiki discussion pages; a lot of them could use your help.
My life is not important. What you see is what you get. For you Mad Libs fans:
- (noun, Title) is a deeply (adjective, scientific / humanities area of study) and (adjective, scientific / humanities area of study) work, with (noun) so (noun, emotion / sensation) you'll forget how incredibly (adjective, reaction) everything else is. It's also filled with (noun, questionable element).
open/close all folders
- It's a Wonderful Failure
- Pec Flex
- Rune Factory
- Super Mario 64
- Michael Moore
- Sonic Shorts
- Pac-Man World
- Replacement Scrappy (Analysis page)
- Tropers Law (because crappy Logical Fallacy Trope Repair Shop arguments were annoying a bunch of us)
- The Sugar Wiki Anthem (which was worthy of Made Of Win)
(warning: they suck. Take them with a huge, huge grain of salt)
- The Angry Video Game Nerd: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
- The Simpsons: Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"
- Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series: Episode 31 - Perfectly Ultimate Bunghole (It was stupid and whiny. Let us speak no more of it.)
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Super Smash Bros: The Subspace Emissary
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Cardcaptor Sakura
- Lady in the Water
- Wii Sports Resort
- Let's Read(TM) Atlas Shrugged (archived; Laconic: Atlas Shrugged is bad. Not So Bad, It's Good, just bad. Sanity Slippage ensues.)
- Dragonaut: The Resonance Liveblogging (incomplete; archived; Laconic: Clumsy and forgettable conglomeration of anime cliches.)
- Choose Your Own Let's Play of Yoshi's Story (archived; Laconic: Meh game, but enjoyment depends on level choice. Generally, the higher the better.)
- Cliche gets an auditory consumption of Black Eyed Peas (cross-posted from this thread; Laconic: Surprising offbeat roots, but guess that doesn't sell.)
- Cardcaptors: A Mystic Liveblogging (originally updated in this thread; Laconic: As a dub, highly edited, but better than you probably heard. As an anime, gets stupid at times, but is very enjoyable with many surprising emotional moments.)
Highly Recommended Works
- Ed Wood: Strange, funny, and heartwarming. Strange because it pretends to be a Rags to Riches story despite being anything but. Funny because it's Ed Wood. Heartwarming because of how all those freaks stick together and accept each other no matter what society thinks.
- BIT.TRIP Series: It's close to a meditative experience. At first, everything seems so disorienting, but as you continue playing, everything clicks into place and you just instinctively know what to do. You become one with the music, the visuals, the game itself.
- Queen: Their lyricism is poetry, with themes that penetrate through the abstract mind as well as the concrete.
Most Hated Words and Phrases
- Deconstruction: Lol, tropes are stupid. I'm so edgy.
- Reason: Thank you Ayn Rand for ruining the word.
- Strong Female Character: The "greenwashing" of gender politics. No, having a woman punch a man in the face does not automatically make good characterization.
- Universally: 99% of the time, it is universally used wrong.
- I've Lost Faith In Humanity: In most cases, their faith wasn't very strong in the first place then.
This◊ is an image expressing disapproval posted here for reference. This◊ is for bad jokes. And this is useful forum advice◊ (credit goes to Central Avenue for the upload).
The Wall: Comments or tropes about Cliché go here. Be honest. Cliché is a Cliché, we've all seen this before - Parable Cliche could be much worse - Noimporta I feel sullied and unusual. (Cheers, Cliche, you're the first person to abuse my page!) —Broken Chaos Thank you for Sugar Wiki. - Tyrekecorrea You seem to be a pretty cool guy. - Flanker66 What are you doing with my signature? You thief! ...ah well, great minds think alike and all that. :) Keybreak I avoid Cliche like the plague. (OK, that's actually a quote from a mental_floss T-shirt.) No, really, though, you seem like a cool guy, like Flanker said. - iamdatroper You seemed to disappear from the thread and I'm not sure if you saw my reply, so I'll copy paste it here: "I could make cracks at your nationality if you'd rather. I'm American, so I'm awesome at making fun of people from other countries. (and I was totally kidding, I'm sure you smell lovely <3)" Also, I edited my comment in case you do want to edit out the info. Nonsensical Lyric
- Admittedly, I shouldn't have been so anal. I apologize for that. (Cliche)
THE MORNING SUN HAS VANQUISHED THE HORRIBLE NIGHT. Angst Dissonance