[NOTE: The following is a recreation of the last extant personnel record for this contributor. It contains numerous factual and historical inaccuracies, and is visibly incomplete. However, it is the only surviving documentation available, and so it is presented here in its original form.]
For unsettling convival kicks, undogmatify bestial information that continues here.
That's an acronym for "edit this page in whatever manner you feel is most consistent with the will of the macrocosm".
If you want to talk to me, or I want to talk to you,you probably already know how to talk to me. If you feel the previous sentence has wronged you, please address your grievances to the Atashi foundation. Address: 783 Mountain Pass Road, Avedra Selene, Syndria 1E8. ☎ +17 (8) 2155 0937.
|Height||327 m / 1073 ft (roof), 340 m / 1115 ft (spire)|
|Floor count||73 + 8 maintenance floors + 4 levels of underground parking|
|Groundbreaking||August 20, 1995|
|Opening||September 18, 1998 (figure not adjusted for inflation)|
|Cost||US$440 million (figure not adjusted for inflation)|
- We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
- For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
- We believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and we look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
- We emphasize that the foregoing does not pretend to be an accurate description of everyone who might be considered a leftist. It is only a rough indication of a general tendency of leftism. Amen.
This is when there's certain...uh, what's the word? I don't know! I'm not sure what this means or who said it, but it certainly wasn't me! It was...eh, that guy! Yeah, that guy! Let's go with that. Anyway, you uh...uh, nevermind. Just enjoy some Terminator!
- In The Guy Who Shot Himself In The Ass And Didnt Even Know It is played straight. So straight that it's gay!
- Subverted in I Dont Even Know What The Fuck The Real Dialogue Is!. Kind of funny when you think about it,
- In any Arnold Schwarzenegger film, gotta have some!
- Terminator! The Trope Namer, the Trope Maker, the Ur-Example, and the Trope Codifier! I'll be back! And
- Captain Obvious, Captain Understatement, Captain Oblivious, and Captain Irrelevant
- I hate it when this happens in randomness! I mean, just insane! Take crapping for example, it's kind of funny what red sauce there is.
- Averted in real life...normally. If it does happen, you didn't hear it from me!
- Kodeo Hijima, of course!
- James Madison is the shortest of all US presidents to date!
John Tzetzesnote (1109? - 1180?) was a Byzantine grammarian and scholar who lived in Constantinople. A vain man, he claimed Georgian royal ancestry on his mother's side, and struck out any any other grammarian in the intelligentsia who dared commit a wrong against him - imagined or real. His most important work, the Chiliadesnote is a collection of miscellaneous bits of others' work, valued by modern historians for filling gaps elsewhere in the ancient corpus. Its chief purpose at the time seems to have been showing that he could quote hundreds of ancients, and it seems to have survived more by a fluke of chance than genuine usefulness at its time. He also wrote a sequel to the Iliad, so unimportant as to be virtually unknown. It is called Allegories of the Iliad. Go ahead, Google that. You're not going to find any articles on Tzetzes' work, because Tzetzes was a waste of breath.
Perfection is in the mind that makes mistakes.
I'm a twenty-something British grad student hoping to get a PhD in computational biology. What that is is kind of hard to explain simply, so just know that I like biology and I like computers. I have diverse interests in science (probably because my dad's a professor -_-), from mathematics to musicology, but computational biology is what I think I do best.
I found this site back in 2007 through means I'm not sure of; I guess somebody told me about it? I dunno. Either way, after a brief hiatus, I haven't left, and I probably won't for a while. It's just too interesting here, and there are too many unwritten articles on sixties science fiction novels for me to leave! ^_^
Oh, and about the name - some time ago the interface to a database that I was supposed to maintain kept displaying the name of the fly with this archaic spelling. I spent days trying to figure out why the hell it did that and days trying to fix the bug (do ho ho), and I got so obsessed that my ex-boyfriend gave me "tzetze" as a nickname. It sorta stuck, and it's unique enough, so I keep it. (My real name is "Alex 235 West", because my parents are strange folk. I'm not really a fan of it)
Turned out that the stupid former maintainer had a script changing species names for some other spelling and it didn't know any better. Goddamn.
[The first document appears to be cut off here; the remainder of the text was apparently spliced from another source. This is likely due to data corruption, or a botched attempt to redact information. Some scholars (Adamachi, Carlisle, et al.) suggest that this seeming junk epilogue is actually an encoded message.]
gard and wan, but very stern, and there was more of wrath than repentance in his singing. Was it fancy or reality? The heart-rending "O bell' alma innamorata!" seemed to be accompanied by distant, half-veiled sobs. No one else appeared to notice them, and I half doubted their reality. The Finale ended; and for a few moments the gay crowd buzzed, and some stood up and looked about at their neighbors. The interval was short, however,—for the Quintette performers came upon the stage, and took their places. I leaned back and covered my face with my hand. My memory was still ringing with echoes of the forlorn cry of wrecked love, mingled with the imaginary sobs I had just heard; therefore I hardly listened to the majestic opening of full, harmonious chords, which lead grandly into a sort of cantabile movement. The curious modulations which followed aroused me, and I soon busied myself in tracing the changes from major to minor, and from one minor key to another, as sorrows chase each other in life. Just at this part of the composition occurs the passage which sounds like a weird, ghostly call or summons: when I heard it, my fancy began working, and, like Heine, I saw spectres in the music sounds.
[The record ends here.]
- The Cyberiad
- Hard on Soft Science
- Akashic Records
- Mind-Control Conspiracy
- Childhoods End
- Tsutomu Nihei
- The Gods Of Pegana
- Par Kourier, which was renamed
- Para-Ten (with thanks to Katrika)
- Alex And Emma
- VALIS (with thanks to Haven)
- .hack//AI Buster
- Ada Or Ardor
- Definitely, Maybe
I did not really expect that to work. In the future, please leave your attribution after a %% tag, so as to keep the page looking all spiffy-like.
- Viewer Gender Confusion, thanks to that webcomic avatar you oft sport on the fora. :P
- Nightmare Fetishist. Nightmare Fetishist. Nightmare Fetishist.
- Playful Hacker.
- Geeky Turn-On: Do talk more about botnets and the history of computer viruses...
- Notable Quotables, if other Tropers' sigs are anything to go by.
- Cryptic Background Reference
Brickman: I just Googled "Romschaeur Vow" and got a stunning zero results and no suggested respellings. This may be the first time a vanilla Google search has ever given me 0 results before except by typo.Tzetze: Protip: I am a compulsive liar.
- Pretty Cool Guy: Yes! And he really doesn't afraid of a lot of things, quite the opposite really
- Multiple-Choice Past- There's a reason for the compulsive liar reputation.
- Reality Warper- There is no other way everything Tzetze says become truth
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander- at least during the sleep deprivation episode.
- The Ditz, if "DUMB" is anything to go by.
- Catch-Phrase: "Text Formatting Rules, and the 'Show Markup Help' button on the post-adding screen."
- "Welcome To TV Tropes!"
- Assorted functions that will HAUNT ME IN MY SLEEP.
- Memetic Mutation - No one does it better than Tzetze.
- Fountain of Memes - Even if you dislike it.
- He also read the internet.
- Schmuck Bait - Any link posted.
- Captain Obvious - This.
- Kryptonite Factor - Serial Experiments Lain
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist - Sure knows a lot, from computers to biology.
- Younger Than They Look - A mild example, but still an example.
- Grammar Nazi - A true example.
- Hype Aversion - Oh snap.
- Mostly an example from Tzetze's own hype:
Zudak:Why is you are you is so intelligent, Tzetze?Tzetze:I'M NOT I JUST READ THINGS OKAY
- Mostly an example from Tzetze's own hype:
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs? - Knows drugs. Very well.
- Science Fiction - Dhalgren. Also, Childhoods End.
- Self-Deprecation - Usually seriously.
- Mind Screw, the troper.
- Hidden Depths
- Sophisticated as Hell - How Did We Miss This One?!
- White-Haired Pretty Boy
- Tzetze's note: Buh?
- Moe - Happy!Tzetze. Savor these rare appearances.
- How Did I Miss This One? - You think I would have hit this page already, if only for my own amusement
- Precision F-Strike: Is usually imparting wisdom when it happens
- Cluster F-Bomb: On a bad day.
- Tin Man: Or Is It?
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fettucini alfredo.
- Tzetze: The Ur-Example.
- Your Head Asplode: Try reading the code Tzetze posts.
- Tzetze's note: Aw, x86 assembly isn't that bad. >:D
- Hidden Heart of Gold >:D
- Obfuscating Stupidity: His custom title is "dumb". Don't believe it for a moment.
- Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming: This qualifies. %% ―Zizoz
Any vandalizations may go here
All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time! —CATS
- If I had the attention span to read that Wall of Text, I'm sure that it would be absolutely awesome. Curse my limited attention span! -Yarrunmace
- -reads entire wall of text to keep from doing history homework, then finds origin of wall of text- Okay, cool.
- Hi, Tzetze ~~ Spain Sun. Also did you know that [EXPUNGED]? Pretty cool, right?
- Tonight... You.
- Tze Tze is SO INTERESTING
- You know Tzetze, I'll always remember you as the guy who showed me a lot of cool stuff. :3 Zersk
- As has been Ponicalica, you've proven very helpful in my times of mathematical need. So thank you very much. Barcode711
- One of my fave tropers. ~Glomp~ - inane242
- You're not the real John Tzetzes! :O SoberIrishman
- zet zet zet zet - SunshineWerewolf
- You seem to have peeked my interest. -Ekuran
- Your current avatar comes from Pluto. That makes you a better human being. - Wheezy
- You are quite the dull person. Be more lively. Burn some houses down. Kill some bystanders of questionable innocence. Liven this place up. I'm not sure where I was going with this, if anywhere. :P - Soraya
- Was your page inspired by House Of Leaves?
- What's that kickass thing in you avatar from?-Surreal Dog
- The faeries have finally vandalized your page. I made them do it.
- Myriad unspecified factors have caused me to vandalize this page. — Icarael