Tropers: Count Dorku
Count Dorku is one of those people I never really notice until he says something that seriously makes me laugh.15th level Australian geek with 18 ranks in Knowledge (Geekery). If you got that, you at least possess a fraction of my geekiness. I'm prone to pointing an invisible gun at TV screens with a cry of "Heresy begets termination" and remarking that Chris Lilley will be first against the wall when the revolution comes. If you read "I didn't need that" anywhere...sorry, that's probably me. Philosophically, I am an atheist with slight Nay-Theist tendencies; politically, I am Vaguely Left; sexually, I'm a straight Celibate Hero (although I would sleep with Kamina given a chance.) I'm also The Nicknamer to a degree. Alignment-wise, I am Lawful Good; in Magic: The Gathering terms, I consider myself blue with a small trace of white. I have a blog, for reasons even I don't fully comprehend. I also run a tumblr in-character as Karkat from Homestuck, in which I answer science questions and dispense personal insults, so if you want something explained with extra shouting, go ahead. I am also the official Misadventure Gurus advertising director, which means basically putting links in sigs occasionally. And I have a still embryonic twitter. Other tropes present in this troper's life:
- Berserk Button: You can believe in whatever deity you want, but if you buy into Hollywood Atheist or claim intelligent design theory is better than evolution because LOL STRAWMAN, I will give you a dressing down you will not forget. (Generally this applies to the letters page of a local newspaper and the dressing down takes the form of letters to the editor that will point out, numerically, in what ways you are wrong.)
- I also tend to flip out when "realism" is brought up in a context where nothing works according to the premises of the real world, such as most cartoons and some tabletop games.
- More recently, I've learned that most of the things Ayn Rand has said really, really piss me off.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: I've been doing this a lot lately.
- Catch Phrase: "As a great sage once said" and "The robust approach; I like it".
- Deadpan Snarker: Tries, usually fails.
- Fountain of Memes: One (short-lived) about Gelzo being Mark Rosewater, Mat Ward being referred to in spoiler text, and the Elderly Marines, to date.
- Large Ham: Not one naturally, but OVERACTING IS FUN!
- Nerd Glasses
- Nice Hat: Battered trilby. I have several.
- Science Hero
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome by a specialist. This didn't exactly come as a huge surprise.
- That Came Out Wrong: On a grimly regular basis. Sample quote: "I'll ring you after I've finished these damn assignments to make a date. [I realise what I just said] For the Warhammer game, I mean."
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: I practically lived here for six months. The only thing that annoys me is that I haven't had the chance to do so again.
- Thanks, pal. You never forget your first piece of invited vandalism. (Or perhaps you do, it's only been a few days.)