Count Dorku is one of those people I never really notice until he says something that seriously makes me laugh.
15th level Australian geek with 18 ranks in Knowledge (Geekery). If you got that, you at least possess a fraction of my geekiness.
I'm prone to pointing an invisible gun at TV screens with a cry of "Heresy begets termination
" and remarking that Chris Lilley
will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.
If you read "I didn't need that
" anywhere...sorry, that's probably me.
Philosophically, I am an atheist with slight Nay-Theist
tendencies; politically, I am Vaguely Left; sexually, I'm a straight Celibate Hero
(although I would sleep with Kamina given a chance.) I'm also The Nicknamer
to a degree.
Alignment-wise, I am Lawful Good
; in Magic: The Gathering
terms, I consider myself blue with a small trace of white.
I have a blog
, for reasons even I don't fully comprehend. I also run a tumblr
in-character as Karkat from Homestuck
, in which I answer science questions and dispense personal insults, so if you want something explained with extra shouting, go ahead. I am also the official Misadventure Gurus
advertising director, which means basically putting links in sigs occasionally. And I have a still embryonic twitter
Other tropes present in this troper's life:
- Berserk Button: You can believe in whatever deity you want, but if you buy into Hollywood Atheist or claim intelligent design theory is better than evolution because LOL STRAWMAN, I will give you a dressing down you will not forget. (Generally this applies to the letters page of a local newspaper and the dressing down takes the form of letters to the editor that will point out, numerically, in what ways you are wrong.)
- I also tend to flip out when "realism" is brought up in a context where nothing works according to the premises of the real world, such as most cartoons and some tabletop games.
- More recently, I've learned that most of the things Ayn Rand has said really, really piss me off.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: I've been doing this a lot lately.
- Deadpan Snarker: Tries, usually fails.
- Fountain of Memes: One (short-lived) about Gelzo being Mark Rosewater, Mat Ward being referred to in spoiler text, and the Elderly Marines, to date.
- Large Ham: Not one naturally, but OVERACTING IS FUN!
- Nerd Glasses
- Nice Hat: Battered trilby. I have several.
- Science Hero
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome by a specialist. This didn't exactly come as a huge surprise.
- That Came Out Wrong: On a grimly regular basis. Sample quote: "I'll ring you after I've finished these damn assignments to make a date. [I realise what I just said] For the Warhammer game, I mean."
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: I practically lived here for six months. The only thing that annoys me is that I haven't had the chance to do so again.
Works enjoyed: (Note: this is kind of a bare-minimum list. Other things might have been forgotten about for the moment, or simply not that impressive)
Works Experienced, But Detested: (Items of which I have experienced at least one full episode)
Works Maybe Kinda Experienced A Few Scenes And I Don't Wanna Experience Any More Of This Shit:
Please keep all vandalism below this line.
How has nobody vandalized this page yet? It's unbelievable!
Well, your old buddy Takwin
is going to fix that.
- Thanks, pal. You never forget your first piece of invited vandalism. (Or perhaps you do, it's only been a few days.)
I chuckle every time I see your name. - Longfellow
Yo, Dorku. Just came in to say that you amuse me. - Juan Carlos
Dorku, just popping in to say that your Water Burned
antics are hilarious. -Trope Eater