Let's see, where to start...
First of all, I'm male.
I was born in the states to middle-class, white, Reasonable Authority Figure
parents, and was raised in a boring small town
. So, my backstory isn't nearly as interesting as most people, but I guess it's better that way. I'm a
sophomore at the University of Washington. As of now I can't decide for sure what career path I want, but I think I'd like something where I'd get to travel and interact with other cultures. I have a lot of interest in language and linguistics
, and besides that the field of journalism
has had some appeal to me (I blame Jon Stewart
Besides that, I'm not entirely sure I can give an accurate description
of my personality
. Like most people, I act differently in different environments, and my tastes change over time. Who's to say which of my (or anyone's) behaviors are most significant?
Anyway, enough of the existential bullshit. I'll give it an honest shot.
Tropes that apply to Gelzo:
- Accidental Aiming Skills- I've had some entertaining instances of this.
- Badass Beard- Hell yeah!
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce- Oh man... I can't believe I didn't vomit.
- Butt Monkey- I started a thread on the forum for people to insult me.
- Deadpan Snarker- It doesn't come into play much around here, but I am thought of as this to people I know in real life.
- Eating Lunch Alone- Some days it's harder than others. Subverted this quarter, I made a new friend that has a period free when I do!
- The Funny Guy- I don't think of myself as exceptionally funny compared to other tropers, but you guys have described me as funny a few times. Since I'm not even close to the smartest one on the forums, and I don't much in the way of specific areas of knowledge, I think I'm just going to take this and run with it.
- Hypocritical Humor- One of my favorite gags.
- Lawful Good- People could reasonably disagree, but I'm not anywhere near evil or chaotic.
- Memetic Mutation- I find it very entertaining. Besides that, "Are you insane!?" is something I've said that's become a meme with my friends.
- Not so Above It All
- Personality Blood Types- Not that I personally believe in this kind of stuff, but it's fun when coincidences happen. I'm O+, but don't really seem to fit the description incredibly well.
- Prematurely Bald- Getting there...
- Pungeon Master
- Sarcasm Failure
- Small Town Boredom- As much as it's nice to visit for a few days, I'm not sure I'd like to live in my old hometown.
- Trademark Favorite Food- Avocados are the best vegetables ever. Also, my fondness for spicy food makes Mexican a good fit.
- The Quiet One
- Welcome to Corneria- An incident involving this trope was one-half my responsibility.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?- Snakes, needles, blood, flying, and some other common phobias don't affect me. But, I sometimes get uneasy around heights, fire, and weapons.
- Younger Than They Look- I've been told I look up to twenty years older than I actually am.
(Oh my, I should clean up those red links...)
So yeah, feel free to vandalize below this point.
had a giggle at your Avatar theme. Thanks for brightening her morning, sunshine~!
Hello, dude. -Kinkajou
To save space, of course. - English Ivy
Vandalized FOR GREAT JUSTICE
, you Pungeon Master
, you. -Outta The BLAM
I like swords. ~Glenn Magus Harvey
In order to protect you from Glenn's swords, I'll just leave this here
XKCD invocation... ~GMH
DANCING KIRBIES!! <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> <(^^)> "Poyo~!"—Squealing Sandry
- ...Okay, I will admit that I'm feeling vaguely lonely as the only Troper in my area, and want to make friends with like-minded people...)
Godot Was Here.
Mikasa es Tsukasa
made me laugh so hard. anonymous fan
. Wait that's not what I-