A self-proclaimed real-life Yaoi Guy
, born in 1982, with entirely too much time (and too little money
) on his hands.
Created the articles for Kung Fu Panda
, The Dark Phoenix Saga
, and most recently, That Long Haired Creepy Guy
Suffered TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
early on, especially if they dealt with Video Games
and Western Animation
. Has become a bit of an edit-whore, and used to have to resist the urge to skive off work so he could make more Do We Have This One?
? edits than is necessary.
Falls hard on the 'idealistic' side of the Sliding Scale.
Shamelessly believes in The Power of Friendship
, Redemption Promotion
, For Happiness
, and the Rule of Fun
. Good for his personal life, bad for his writing. :p
Harbors Perverse Sexual Lust
, the Beast
, and Jeebus Oliver. But I feel no shame! None at all! Especially not that last one!
Also a fan of Avatar
(the Nick series, not the Anvilicious James Cameron movie
), Bewitched, Bunnicula
, Jade Empire
, Final Fantasy VII
, Final Fantasy X
, Kingdom Hearts
, Young Avengers
, Kim Possible
, Terminator 2, Buffy (OF COURSE!!!}
, and the vast majority of the Disney Animated Canon
and Don Bluth
filmography. Also, anything by Diane Duane
or Tamora Pierce
Since his exposure to this site, he's also discovered the joys that are Nu Who, Wicked, Dragon Age, Fable II and III, Oblivion, Lunar, (and in 2010) Erasure
, The Princess and the Frog, Eureka
, and Warehouse13.
In 2011 I discovered Final Fantasy VI
for the first time, and was loving The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
and Young Justice
until their cancellations in 2013. Also planned on watching a metric crapton
of superhero movies as they come out. ^_^ Captain America: The First Avenger
was the best by far IMHO.
2012 brought on a mad love for The Legend of Korra
, the Avengers
, Rise Of The Gardians, Wreck-It Ralph
, and a slew of new games, like Batman: Arkham City
, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
, Sims 3
, and (FINALLY) the Mass Effect
And in 2013, I've discovered Once Upon a Time
, DC Universe Online
, and started writing my own original fiction professionally.
Still not over the death of Eureka
too much of his life following X-Men
, until certain plot developments almost ruined it for him.
He's getting back into it, thanks to some interesting discussions with other fans and hope for interesting future storylines.
I WAS working on a blog on the subject,
but it swiftly turned into a great big treatise on all the geeky things I like. It updates...infrequently.
Writes fanfic (usually Slash Fic
), but really dislikes
Fanfiction.net. Not because of the writers or stories, but because of the administration's, er...relaxed
attitude towards flamers and spammers.
Tropes that define me
- Angst Aversion: I'm willing to put up with a lot, as long as I get a happy ending at the end of it.
- Asperger Syndrome: Misdiagnosed as ADD for much of my life. Basically, if I like it, I'll talk your ear off. If not, I might go thousand yard on you.
- And as of 2012, subverted, as I've been RE-diagnosed with ADHD.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!. Just...Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!.
- Straight Gay: I can camp it up with the best of them, but anyone who passes me on the street or has a 5-minute conversation with me probably won't be able to tell.
- Blind Without 'Em: Blurry and double-visioned if I'm not wearing glasses.
- Brown Eyes: And I know how to use 'em.
- Geek: If I like it, chances are I'll research it to death and then talk about it until people are ready to hurt me. Badly.
- Hollywood Nerd / Adorkable: Or so others tell me.
- Berserk Button: I have a couple. Anything related to abuse or inequality will get me riled up.
- Perpetual Poverty: I'm bad with money.
- Cool Coat: As of 2013.
- Polyamory: Four boyfriends, one live-in and three long-distance. Three of whom are also with each other. It works for me. :)
- Technical Pacifist: I consider myself a witch by modern standards, so I follow "An' it harm none" as best I can...but I live in San Francisco, so I carry mace as a self-defense precaution.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky / The Snark Knight: I judge things pretty harshly...and that includes myself.
- The Messiah: No, I don't have delusions. I'm just really, really nice, when I can afford to be.
- San Francisco: Home sweet home. ^_^
- Growing the Beard: A literal example. I tend to think I started finding my identity around the time I started growing a proper goatee.
- The Beard: I had one, for a while. I consider the way that relationship ended My Greatest Failure.
- Genius Ditz: 161 IQ...and I frequently walk down the street singing.
- Neutral Good: The closest thing to my actual (perceived) alignment I can think of.
- Good Is Not Dumb
- Lovable Sex Maniac: I like guys. A lot.
- Animation Age Ghetto: I take plenty of flak for most of my favorite shows being Western Animation.
- Nostalgia Filter: Subverted; one of my favorite movies of all time is "The Secret of the Sword," despite being fully aware of the quality of the voice-acting and Limited Animation.
- Alt Itis: I have Dragon Quest IX, Oblivion, and Dragon Age: Origins. Out of those three, I've only beaten Dragon Age: Origins once. This trope is why.
- Does Not Like Guns: Not in the least.
- BFS: I have a life-size wooden replica of the Buster Sword in my apartment.
- Talking the Monster to Death: I can be a very good debater, as long as it's an issue that isn't too close to home
- It's All About Me: I'm a nice guy, but I'm also somewhat selfish.
- Angst Aversion: Oh so very, very much.
More to come as I think of them.
(Yes, I consider myself both The Messiah
and The Snark Knight
. At the same time. I'm a Gemini, we're weird like that)
Closing statement: Love this place. Love you guys. Rock on.
Sign the guestbook / post something clever below:
- I enjoy so great a number of works on the list you have created of works you enjoyed that I believe I must read, watch, or play the remaining number. Curses. I'm sure it'll be fun though! —Red Wren
- Fellow Aspie gay (used to be bi, but troubles with women have pushed me to the other side) Troper here. Nice page. I'm not a fan of everything you're a fan of, but I definately share your uber-Buffy fan-ness. Especially with the recent craze. I stand by true vampires, not that sparkly bullshit! Anyway, nice page, be sure to send a return comment my way. Rock on, old boi! —Blake Diamond
- (Responding to your comment on my page) Me? Crazy Awesome? Nah, you're just saying that :P