Characters: Fairy Tail Tenrou Group
These are all the members of Fairy Tail singled out to participate in an annual exam on the guild's sacred ground, Sirius Island (A.K.A. Tenrou Island).
Besides the main protagonists, these characters are all secondary protagonists.Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.Back to the main character index
open/close all folders
The elderly, miniscule master of Fairy Tail. The members of his guild often give him grief for the trouble they cause between him and the Magic Council, but he loves them as if they were all his children. His mastery over many forms of magic, including the size-increasing Giant magic, has earned him the title of one of the Ten Wizard Saints, who are widely regarded as the most powerful wizards alive.
Voiced by: Shinpachi Tsuji (JP), R Bruce Elliott (EN)
- Action Dad: To Ivan.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: His magic allows him to turn any part of his body into that of a giant and he can use it on his whole body if he so wishes. Though when he's really ticked, he only uses it for intimidation.
- Badass Grandpa
- Badass Mustache
- Berserk Button: You can trash his guild however you like, but harming his subordinates? Not the best idea.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Big Good
- Brain Bleach: No one wants to see him naked, as the first OVA implies.
- Cool Old Guy
- Curb-Stomp Battle: To Jose in the Phantom Lord arc.
- In the Sirius Island arc, Makarov is on the receiving end from Hades.
- Dirty Old Man: He has pretty girls in his guild and he knows it.
- Eccentric Mentor: Quirky, clumsy old man? Check. One of the series' strongest wizards who often guides or speaks to his wizards about what life and magic is? Check.
- Establishing Character Moment: Shows his guild a stack of complaints from the Magic Council for troubles they'd caused, scolds them all for getting the council mad at him again...then burns the whole stack and pretty much says "Screw the Magic Council!"
- A Father to His Men: He considers every member of the guild to be his children.
- Fridge Brilliance: In-universe example. Laxus' whole takeover attempt in the Fantasia arc is just a teenage temper tantrum fueled by fear that he was seen as nothing more than the master's grandson. Makarov throwing him out of the guild publicly forces Laxus to take his own unique path.
- Friendly Fireproof: Fairy Law only harms those that Makarov considers an enemy.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted; he tries to sacrifice himself to protect his guild from Acnologia, but his kids won't let him.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Looked like a short, slender Laxus as a young man.
- Light 'em Up: In his fight against Jose in the anime, which showcases this more than the manga.
- Like a Son to Me: He considers all of the guild members to be his children.
- Manly Tears: After he expels Laxus.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: Subverted to the point of Running Gag.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: Makarov is extremely small, and it seems like he has been since at least when Laxus was a young child. His magic cures this problem, though.
- Nice Hat
- Offhand Backhand: Delivers a pretty good one to Aria, topping off his Crowning Moment of Awesome versus Jose.
- Papa Wolf: Regards all of Fairy Tail as his children, and will go to great lengths to make sure they're safe.
- The Paragon: His main goal isn't to crush evil, but rather to inspire good in others.
- Passing the Torch: One of the Running Gags in the series is his inability to decide on a good successor, and just when he thinks he has one picked out, something happens that leads him to consider him being master until the day he dies. He finally does choose Gildarts, but Gildarts retires and shoves the position back on Makarov before anyone even has a chance to know he is the new master in the first place.
- Power Perversion Potential: Takes advantage of his Size Shifter abilities to grope girls.
- Size Shifter: Though unlike the standard, he's one of the strongest characters in the series.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: The entire guild embodies this, but Makarov is the one who encourages this kind of behavior.
- Team Dad
- What Could Have Been: Hiro Mashima planned to kill him off during the Sirius Island arc.
- You Shall Not Pass: Against Acnologia.
A semi-retired S-Class wizard who works at Fairy Tail as an employee. She is an expert at using Transformation Magic to alter her appearance, clothes, and voice. She is also the eldest of three siblings who specialize in Take Over magic, a spell that lets its caster take over the powers of creatures they come in contact with; her specialty is Satan Soul, which allows her to take over the powers and forms of demonic beings
. However, she temporarily
loses this ability due to the trauma of losing her youngest sibling in an accident.
- Absolute Cleavage: In Satan Soul.
- Action Girl
- Badass: Any character who can engage Erza on equal footing deserves the mention.
- Bare Your Midriff: As a child.
- The Bartender
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fried finds out the hard way.
- Beware the Silly Ones: If you slight her, she will get you back. Gajeel suffered this one.
- Big Sister Instinct: There is a line that no one should cross. As some tropes here say, Fried crosses it.
- The Chick: On Fairy Tail's B Team in the Grand Magic Games arc.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: She has her moments.
- Cool Big Sis: To several, particularly Lucy, not to mention in a literal sense to Elfman and Lisanna.
- Covert Pervert: Seems to have BDSM tendencies, especially judging by her treatment of Erza due to a penalty game.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Completely trashes Fried with her Superpowered Evil Side in the Fantasia arc.
- Delivers another against Blue Pegasus' Jenny and later Kamika of the Garou Knights in the Grand Magic Games arc.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Satan Soul.
- Death Glare: Her "Demon" eyes.
- Demonic Possession: Inverted; she's the one who possesses demons.
- Elemental Powers: Lightning, Water, and Darkness.
- Enfant Terrible: Was one when she was younger, though Lisanna's death caused a great shift in her personality.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Lucy has been seen looking at her modeling pictures. In the Fantasia arc, it's been stated that she has captured the hearts of men and women across the land.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: After her sister Lisanna was attacked by their brother Elfman, she changed her hair from a ponytail to a forehead tail. The new hairstyle is more in keeping with the sweeter personality she developed.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Double Subversion. Many have said that she's a good chef, but she's easily the most feminine out of all of the cast. However, interestingly enough, she was even able to cook when she was a kid.
- Finger-Licking Poison:
Mirajane: "Poison? That's merely a dessert... For a demon like me <3."
- Former Teen Rebel: She's sweet now, but as a kid she was Perky Goth who walked a line between Hot-Blooded and Jerkass.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Jenny Realight, and sometimes with Erza if their former rivalry even comes up anymore.
- Game Face: Satan Soul.
- Girliness Upgrade: In her backstory.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: She had Tsurime Eyes when she was younger and when she uses Satan Soul, now she has Tareme Eyes.
- Guest Star Party Member: She usually has a role in most arcs, especially ones where the entire guild does, but particularly during the Phantom Lord arc where she stands in as The Chick for Lucy in her absence and the Grand Magic Games arc, where she can be considered Natsu's Lancer when they go to rescue Lucy.
- Heroic Sacrifice: To protect Lisanna from Azuma's explosives in the Sirius Island arc.
- Idiot Ponytail
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Our Demons Are Different: Her spells transform her into different kinds of demons.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Soul Extinction.
- The Lad-ette: When she was younger.
- Let's Get Dangerous
- Lightning Bruiser
- Literal Genie: She has a bit of fun with this during the beauty pageant in the Fantasia arc. While the other contestants use their magic to change into alluring costumes or bathing suits, she uses hers to make a happy face... Happy the cat, that is.
"This is my happy face!"
- Marked Change
- Meaningful Name: The first half of her name (and frequent nickname), Mira, means "peace." It was more of an Ironic Name during her Enfant Terrible years, but it suits her adult persona extremely well.
- Ms. Exposition: She's often the one explaining things about the guild or guilds in general to Lucy (and thus to the audience).
- Ms. Fanservice: To the point of winning a fanservice contest against another model in the Grand Magic Games.
- Mystical White Hair
- Perky Goth: In her youth, though she wasn't so much "perky" as she was Hot-Blooded.
- Pink Means Feminine: She usually wears pink dresses.
- Power Gives You Wings
- Power Makes Your Voice Deep
- Powers via Possession: Her family's trademark magic. Her particular brand is Demonic Possession.
- Proper Lady: The death of her little sister mellowed her into one of these. The threatened death of her brother turned her into Silk Hiding Steel.
- Psychosomatic Superpower Outage: Her sister's death was such a shock that she hasn't been able to use her full power ever since until she is threatened with the loss of her remaining sibling.
- Red Baron: She used to be called "The Demon", and for good reason.
- Red Right Hand: A few of her transformations still have the Idiot Hair ponytail.
- The Rival: To Erza. They even had their own version of Natsu and Gray's slugfests when they were younger, though now they are good friends. Still relishes any opportunity to bring Erza down a peg. She is also this to Jenny Realight of Blue Pegasus due to their modeling careers.
- Shipper on Deck: Natsu/Lucy, in an omake.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Wears spaghetti strap dresses. As a child, she wore tank tops.
- Sibling Team: With Elfman and Lisanna until the latter's death. Subverted again when Lisanna comes back.
- Silk Hiding Steel: So sweet and adorable and spacey, it's easy to forget she's an S-Class wizard.
- Stripperiffic: Her Satan Soul Take Over.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Satan Soul is a subversion. She's extremely angry the first time she uses it after Lisanna's death, so it seems like this at first.
- Team Mom: Is pretty much the entire guild's mother, which is kinda creepy considering she's also their poster girl.
- Tears of Joy: When she reunites with her Not Quite Dead sister Lisanna.
- The Tease: Comes with her status as an in-universe gravure model. Sometimes will use her transformation magic to turn into other women (Lucy usually becomes the unwilling target) and makes sexy poses for the men.
- Tender Tears
- Terrible Artist
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She was the tomboy to Lisanna's girly girl. Currently averted.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: When she was younger.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Her backstory.
- Transformation Sequence
- Tuck and Cover
- Unstoppable Rage
- Weakness Turns Her On: In an anime-only flashback, she is seen blushing over a crying Natsu, much to her sister's dismay.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: As a kid.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Very good at this and acting the roles.
- Willfully Weak: She says that when she's with others, she restrains herself to avoid causing collateral damage to her allies. So when she's separated from them, well...
- Wreathed in Flames: Satan Soul: Sitri.
- Zettai Ryouiki: When she was younger. Also, her Satan Soul Take Over.
The Iron Dragon Slayer, also known as "Black Steel Gajeel". He was raised by the dragon Metalicana, who taught him the power to transform any part of his body into metal. He starts out as a member of Phantom Lord and its master Jose's right-hand man, but joins Fairy Tail after his old guild disbands. However, it takes a long time for the guild to accept him since he is responsible for destroying their old guild hall and injuring Team Shadow Gear while a member of Phantom Lord.
Click here to see his battle form
An Exceed who, unlike Happy and Carla, was born and raised in Edolas. He was exiled from his home country for aiding an injured human, Mystogan
, leading him to side with the humans as Commander of the 1st Magical Warfare Division in the Edolas Royal Military. Gajeel later claims him as his cat partner, much like Happy is to Natsu and Carla is to Wendy.
- Afraid Of Lightning
- Anti-Villain: Before his Heel-Face Turn.
- Badass: So much so that Gajeel believed he was the flying cat he was searching for.
- BFS/Cool Sword: His Weapon of Choice.
- To put in perspective, his original Bustermarm sword was four times his size. And that size was his original, taller than Gajeel size.
- The Big Guy: In his Power Trio with Happy and Carla and the team formed to rescue Lucy from Mercurius.
- Cats Are Snarkers
- Characterization Marches On: His first appearance in the manga without his helmet has him drawn with a patch of hair on his head. This however was dropped afterwards.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Has no actual magic besides his Battle Mode Shift, yet he can punch hard enough to break rock and wield a massive BFS.
- The Comically Serious
- Curb-Stomp Battle: To one of the Garou Knights in the Grand Magic Games arc.
- Expy: He bears a striking resemblance to Blacksad, which is very likely intentional, as the author has admitted to being a fan of the latter, even having a signed copy.
- Fluffy the Terrible
- Friend to All Children: Rather subtle, but it's there. He saves a very young Mystogan's life and lives with him afterwards, gets along very well with Wendy, is at times seen accompanying Alzack and Bisca's daughter Asuka, and Edolas Coco adored him, whereas upon meeting her Earth-land counterpart, he's absolutely crushed to find that she hates cats◊.
- Fun Size: After going to Earth-land.
- Funny Animal: In the same vein as Komamura.
- Gender-Blender Name: Especially since he's called Lily more often than his full name.
- Genius Bruiser
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: One going on the side of his left eye.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Manly Tears
- Morph Weapon: He wields the gigantic Bustermarm sword in the Edolas arc, which is adjustable in size and three times larger than Panther Lily's battle form. However, it's destroyed in his battle with Gajeel.
- In the Sirius Island arc, he acquires a similar sword called the Musica Sword from a Grimoire Heart mook. Thanks to its size-shifting capabilities, he can carry it around even in his chibi form.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Gajeel.
- Only Sane Man: Is absolutely bewildered by the guild's antics.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Power Trio: The Ego to Happy's Id and Carla's Superego.
- Redemption Demotion: Since his Heel-Face Turn he has become much less effective in fights, mostly because of the limited amount of time he can spend in his battle form since coming to Earth-land.
- It seems to start being subverted over time, such as when he defeats a powerful opponent like Knepper of the Garou Knights, as mentioned above.
- The Rival: The anime-only Key of the Starry Sky arc gives him one in Samuel, a fellow Exceed with Battle Mode Shift. After each of their fights, Samuel gradually evolves into his Friendly Enemy and, after Samuel's Heel-Face Turn, their relationship turns into a Friendly Rivalry.
- Happy also considers Lily his own friendly rival sometimes, usually when it comes to Carla.
- Shipper on Deck:
- For Happy/Carla.
- It is hinted he could also be this for Gajeel and Levy (his smile when Gajeel becomes Levy's partner for the S-class exam).
- The Stoic: Next to Carla, he may be among the most serious of the Fairy Tail guild.
- Talking Animal
- Vocal Dissonance: He has a deep, gruff voice befitting his big, muscular form. In his chibi form, he sounds exactly the same.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: After going to Earth-land, he displays the ability to temporarily transform into his hulking regular body, with all of his strength and sword fighting skills intact.
- Weaksauce Weakness: His thunder phobia can be considered this.
- Winged Humanoid: He's an Exceed.
Phantom Lord (former), Fairy Tail Magic: Water Magic
, Unison Raid Guild Mark:
Left Thigh (Blue)
A former member of Phantom Lord's elemental magic specialist group, Element 4, where she is also known as "Juvia of the Great Sea". Her entire body is made of water, and she has the power to create and manipulate water as she chooses. She develops a romantic obsession with Gray while fighting him as a member of Phantom Lord, which is the main reason why she joins Fairy Tail after her old guild is disbanded.
- Action Girl
- Anime Hair
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Erza in the Sirius Island arc.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her battle against Merudy as a result of Clothing Damage.
- Battle in the Rain: Her battles with Gray and Merudy.
- Berserk Button: Do not even so much as think of harming a hair on Gray's head in her presence, or you will be very, very sorry.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Gets possessed by Vidaldus Taka in the Tower of Heaven arc.
- Character Development: Starting midway through the Sirius Island arc, she occasionally drops the Third-Person Person bit. Come the Grand Magic Games arc, she's lost it entirely and is capable of talking to Gray without gushing over him like a lovesick schoolgirl. She even has the guts to tell him that she isn't going to lose the first event to him.
- Fridge Brilliance: Juvia acts like a child because she had very few opportunities to interact with people due to the constant rain. Once she gets rid of it and joins Fairy Tail, she becomes more socialized.
- Though it seems to be subverted right now as she still obssesses over him despite him trying to Ship Sink the two of them.
- Chewing the Scenery: Whenever she gets pissed, she tears whatever scene she's in to shreds.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Flies into a rage when she first thinks Gray is in love with Lucy and subsequently attaches herself to Gray whenever Lucy shows up. Still, as far a jealousy goes it's much more good-natured than the norm Clingy Jealous Girl standard—bragging to Lucy whenever Gray praises her is about the extent of it (the fact that Lucy is one of her best friends helps matters).
- Comically Missing the Point
- Covert Pervert: In one of her word-twisting moments, she mixes up "heated battle" with "heated grappling." She needs a dictionary.
- Creepy Monotone
- Cue the Sun: When she finally sees the sun, she takes it as a sign that she has been freed from her past.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dark Chick: Of the Element 4.
- Dark Is Not Evil: A bit of a sore spot for her until Gray defeats her.
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Defecting for Love: Gray is the main reason she joined Fairy Tail.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Quite fast thanks to her crush on Gray.
- Delinquents: In the second OVA.
- Determinator: Juvia deserves particular mention in the Sirius Island Arc. At one point she breaks her own leg in order to secure the advantage, then, unable to walk, pursues an enemy by pulling herself with her hands across the island. There's also a healthful serving of Fridge Logic there, as Juvia has been established to be made of water and immune to physical damage.
- The above Fridge Logic though is still explainable as magic attacks can still hurt her, so self-inflicted wounds using her own magic, are likely possible.
- Dogged Nice Girl
- Elemental Shapeshifter
- Emotionless Girl: Heavily subverted. She plays this trope straight in her very first appearance. Then Gray stepped into the picture...
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: She is given a French accent in the Tagalog and Animax English dub.
- Evil Costume Switch: While being brainwashed by Vidaldus.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Shortens her hair upon officially joining Fairy Tail to signify her happiness.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Her name comes from the word "lluvia", which is Spanish for "rain".
- Guest Star Party Member: In the Tower of Heaven arc, before she joins the guild proper.
- Hair Reboot: Reverts to her original look after finding out that in Edolas, Gray is in love with her.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Heroic Sacrifice: Pulls one off for Cana when they are forced to battle each other in the Fantasia arc to prove that she really loves everyone in Fairy Tail, not that Cana needed convincing. She survives.
- High Heel-Face Turn: The only female member of Element 4 and the only one to make a Heel-Face Turn.
- Hopeless Suitor: Thinks she is this. All things considered, she likely will be one.
- Imaginary Love Triangle: She misinterpreted something Gray said to think he loved Lucy, and thus believes her to be a rival in love. Later, she believes that she's in a Love Dodecahedron.
- Implied Love Interest: Starts out as a Gray's Stalker with a Crush, but eventually evolves into this.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: In the second OVA.
- Lady of War
- The Lancer: On Fairy Tail's B Team in the Tournament Arc. And later the Sixth Ranger and The Chick on the combined team in the same arc.
- Large Ham
- Leitmotif: Jean-Sébastien Bach - Air on G String. Plays nearly every time she appears at first, but less frequently after she joins Fairy Tail.
- Let's Get Dangerous: She often acts and speaks like a young child. When she hears someone threatening Gray's life, she sounds downright scary. She even drops the Third-Person Person bit.
- Limp and Livid: When Merudy threatens to kill Gray.
- Lonely Doll Girl: Juvia had no friends as a child because it would always rain when she was around. As a result, she made a teru teru bozu doll. In Japanese folklore, these dolls are supposed to stop or prevent the rain, which suddenly makes the scene in the anime where she's crying while mass producing these all the more woobifying.
- Love at First Sight: With Gray in the Phantom Lord arc.
- Love Chart: She makes one after Lyon falls in love with her.
- Making a Splash
- Meaningful Name: Her name is derived from the Spanish word lluvia which means rain.
- Nice Hat
- Nigh Invulnerable: Her body is made of water, making her impervious to physical attacks.
- Ocular Gushers: Nearly drowns everyone with them.
- Odd Friendship: With Aquarius; they get along swimmingly.
- Parasol of Prettiness: She's a (or rather was a) Rain Woman.
- Power Incontinence: It rains wherever she goes, at least until Gray beats her.
- Pretty in Mink: Most of her costumes are distinctly Russian fur getups.
- Naked in Mink: Though its rarely brought up, the manga artwork seems to indicate that Juvia doesn't anything other than her underwear beneath her coats.
- Progressively Prettier: At her introduction, she looks rather gloomy, and many fans actually describe her as ugly back then when they reread the chapters. Nowadays, she is at least as cute as the other Fairy Tail girls and as busty as Erza.
- Proper Lady
- Redemption Demotion: Her rank in Phantom Lord is the equivalent of Fairy Tail's S-Class. While in Fairy Tail she gets a literal demotion, like Gajeel, and has to take the annual exam to achieve the S-Class rank. Her power level arguably increases.
- Satellite Character: Most, if not all of her characterization comes from her obssession towards Gray. While she does have some character to her, her involvement is often less then liked by the fans and comes across as very under-developed at times.
- Shipper on Deck: For Natsu/Lucy, though that's probably because it means less competition for Gray.
- Shipping Goggles: In-Universe example. She suffers from such a bad case of this that she's absolutely convinced that she's in the middle of a Love Dodecahedron.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Pre-Character Development.
- Silk Hiding Steel
- Single-Target Sexuality: She is Gray-sexual.
- Smitten Teenage Girl
- Spell My Name with an S: Is it "Juvia" or "Lluvia"? Word of God says the former.
- Also her last name. Is it "Lockser" or "Loxar"?
- Stalker with a Crush: Starts out as this, and Played for Laughs.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Has shades of this during her earliest appearances. Normally a rather gloomy Emotionless Girl, her iciness literally melts the moment Gray enters her life. She thus begins alternating between her usual gloominess and gushing over him the moment she so much as hears his name (heaven forbid the one who mentions him is another girl and/or wants him dead), until her warmer personality gradually takes over.
- Talking the Monster to Death: She literally defeats Merudy by The Power of Love.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: When it comes to Gray.
- Third-Person Person
- Woolseyism: Dropped virtually in its entirety in the Funimation dub since it has a completely different connotation in America (where it usually portrays someone as self-centered and arrogant) than it does in Japan (where it signifies youth and/or immaturity).
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: Juvia is number thirteen on Merudy's list of members to kill.
- Too Kinky to Torture: She demands to be punished by Gray after failing to retrieve Zeref in the Sirius Island arc.
- Twisting the Words: Often to the point that Lucy can't mention "Gray" in any of her sentences without Juvia getting suspicious. She also has a moment with Lisanna.
- Unknown Rival: Juvia considers Lucy her love rival due to a misunderstanding. Even though Lucy has stated more than once that she only sees Gray as a friend, Juvia persists in treating Lucy as a rival. Post Heel-Face Turn, however, they become friends despite Juvia's jealousy.
- When Lisanna volunteers to be Juvia's partner in the S-Class wizard exam, Juvia worries that she might be after Gray too.
- Hilarously, this is reversed on her when Chelia thinks SHE is a rival for Lyon's love, despite Juvia not feeling any romantic feelings for Lyon.
- Verbal Tic: "Drip drip drop"(in the dub); disappears after her Heel-Face Turn.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: She rises from defeat after hearing that Merudy wishes to kill Gray, with a look on her face that chills Erza's blood.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lucy.
- Yandere: When she mistakes a comment from Gray as him saying he loves Lucy, she does not take it well. It's put rather nicely in the Funimation dub:
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Fairy Tail Magic:
Card Magic, Fortune Telling, Fairy Glitter Guild Mark:
Lower Left Part of Abdomen (Black)
One of the guild's veteran members, as well as Gildarts's daughter
. She casts spells using a deck of magic cards. She is the guild's heaviest drinker, constantly drinking entire barrelfuls of alcohol at a time. She also suffers from low self-esteem due to her constant failures at becoming an S-Class wizard, which she thinks would impress her dad
. However, she grows out of it.
- Action Girl
- The Alcoholic: Mostly played for laughs, but she has no desire to stop. She drinks up to 30 percent of Fairy Tail's total alcohol.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Bathtub Bonding: With Lucy.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Not as strong as some of the other members of the guild, but she's always ready for a fight and responds to Natsu's challenges often.
- Buxom Is Better: Has the honor of having the biggest breasts in the guild.
- Cards Of Power
- Cool Big Sis: To both Wendy and to the kids at the church orphanage.
- Cry Cute
- Daddy Issues
- Death Dealer
- Delinquents: Dresses like one in the second OVA.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Invokes this with her cards when Fried "shows" that scantily-clad woman make him uncomfortable during the S-Class exam.
- Easily Forgiven: Lucy takes Cana betraying her in great stride. One wouldn't even know if Makarov found out about it either, considering neither he nor anyone else in the guild bring it up, but since even Mavis lets her off the hook for it...
- Failure Knight: She has tried the S-Class test four times before the series began, but never succeeded. Her fifth exam is cancelled before it can be finished.
- Fortune Teller: Though it's unclear whether this is part of her Card Magic or just a standard magic trick.
- Giving the Sword to a Noob: Fairy Glitter. She gets it for a short-time loan in the Sirius Island arc, and only because she finds Mavis's grave before the others in time of need, and it turns out that even with that magic in her possession, she's incapable of using it correctly. In the end, she's defeated and she loses the magic as soon as she uses it.
- Godiva Hair
- Good Bad Girl
- Hidden Depths: Lampshaded by Mavis during the MPF test at the Grand Magic Games arc that, as Gildarts daughter and heir, she has an enormous amount of latent magic. This allows her to correctly use Fairy Glitter and easily win the event outright, implying that she has the potential to become one of the most powerful wizards in Fairy Tail.
- Idiot Ball: During the Sirius Island arc, she believes the test is still going despite the island and her fellow guildmates being under attack. Thankfully, she comes to her senses.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure
- The Lad-ette
- Luke, You Are My Father: Her motivation for becoming an S-Class wizard is to tell Gildarts that he is her father, because she thinks standing on equal footing with him will give her the confidence she needs to do so. Once she realizes she doesn't need to achieve the rank, she tells him anyway.
- Meaningful Name: Hers came from "Arcana" of tarot cards. It means Secret, referring to the fact that Gildarts is her father.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She betrays the guild that raised her, and the friend who agreed to help her and did all the work, in favor of passing an exam that she fully well knew was suspended in the first place. She then realizes what she's done and goes back to fight.
- Never Gets Drunk: Subverted when she's beaten in a drinking contest against Bacchus.
- Oh Crap: Upon realizing that even with Fairy Glitter, she doesn't stand a chance against Bluenote.
- Orphanage of Love: Revealed in omake to have lived in one after her mother died.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mom died and she was sent to live with her dad, Gildarts, who didn't recognize her.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Uses Fairy Glitter in the Power Levels challenge of the Grand Magic Games. Even lampshaded by the judges when it rated at 9999.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one against Fried when he makes Juvia sacrifice herself, but doesn't manage to finish him off.
- Sixth Ranger: Of Team Fairy Tail's B Team in the Grand Magic Games arc.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Cana is mostly seen as a minor side character from the start of Fairy Tail up to the end of the Edolas arc, but once the Sirius Island arc gets going, the manga spends a great deal showing and developing her character, getting the same attention as pretty much anyone from the core characters. After the Sirius Island arc ends, however, she steps back a little and becomes one of the major supporting characters, since her character development warranted it.
- Tears of Remorse: She cries her eyes out once she realizes that she had abandoned Lucy in favor of becoming an S-Class wizard.
- Took a Level in Badass: She obtains one of the three sacred magics of Fairy Tail, of which Fairy Law is a part of. Unfortunately, just because she gains the magic doesn't mean she knows how to use it. She manages to get a better handle on the spell when Mavis gives it to her again for the Grand Magic Games.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene
- Well Done Daughter Girl: To Gildarts' credit, he doesn't know Cana is his daughter until she tells him. After that, their relationship blossoms.
Affiliation: Blue Pegasus
(former), Fairy Tail Owners: Karen Lilica (former), Lucy Heartfilia Magic: Ring Magic
, Regulus Guild Mark
Upper Right of Back (Green)
Click here for spoiler
A womanizing young man who is hardly ever seen outside the company of several young women. He tries to avoid Lucy at first because he is actually the celestial spirit Leo who was banished from the spirit world after causing the death of his previous master, but he has since been allowed to return thanks to Lucy, and now acts as one of her most trusted spirit partners
. He draws magic from an enchanted ring called Regulus.
- The Atoner: Spent three years anticipating his own eventual demise to compensate for indirectly causing the death of his former owner before Lucy intervenes.
- Big Damn Heroes: Has demonstrated the ability to break through his gate without Lucy having to summon him.
- Bishōnen: Top-ranked as Sorcerer Weekly's "Wizards You Want to Have As a Boyfriend" for a reason.
- Cat Boy: They can be kind of difficult to see, but he does have lion ears in his spirit form.
- Chick Magnet
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Cool Shades
- Determinator: Survived for three years in the human world with his own strength. To add perspective, Lucy initially believes that even one year was out of the question, and just one week outside the Celestial Spirit World is considered torture to his fellow Zodiac spirit, Aries. Even if he was The Atoner during those three years, that still takes a lot of willpower.
- Death Seeker: Lucy talks him out of it.
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger: Gives it to Caprico during his You Shall Not Pass moment.
- Grand Theft Me: Gets his body momentarily snatched by Zoldio in the Sirius Island arc.
- It's All My Fault: Blames himself for the death of his previous owner, Karen Lillica, when it was her own arrogance that caused her fate. He was just standing up for himself and Aries.
- Light 'em Up
- Loveable Sex Maniac
- Meaningful Name: "Regulus" is the brightest star in the Leo constellation.
- The Power of Love: He claims this to be the reason he can summon himself to help Lucy even when she doesn't call him.
- Ring of Power: Regulus. He also uses regular Ring Magic before becoming one of Lucy's spirits.
- Ship Tease: With Lucy and Aries.
- Shonen Hair: In his spirit form, while in his human form, he has normally short hair.
- Significant Anagram: The name Loke contains the letters "l" "e" and "o".
- Slasher Smile: Sports a rather terrifying one when possessed by Zoldeo.
- Spell My Name with an S: Loki, Loke, Locke, among others.
- You Shall Not Pass: Pulls this on Capricorn in the Sirius Island arc.
Click here to see his pre-Time Skip appearance
Mirajane's younger brother, also known as "Beast Arm Elfman". He strongly believes in pride through physical strength and manliness. His form of Take Over magic, Beast Soul, allows him to record a monster's body part he has touched and then summon it into his own arm. He also has the power to perform a Full-Body Take Over which he temporarily
lost following a tragic incident with his sister.
- Anime Hair
- Battle Couple: With Evergreen in the Sirius Island arc.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Evergreen.
- Berserk Button: Saying that people are only worth as much as their education. A man who Elfman was supposed to protect on a job said this, and Elfman beat him up as a result.
- Big Brother Instinct: Don't taunt his sisters. Played straight with his younger sister Lisanna, but inverted with Mirajane, who is older.
- Truth in Television: He's the only male sibling, one sister has already died (except not really), and they're both young adults, so age doesn't really matter.
- Big Little Brother: As mentioned above, he is younger than Mirajane.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Book Dumb: Related to his Berserk Button. However, even outside of books Elfman is not especially smart...
- Bridal Carry: To Evergreen, after being defeated by Rusty Rose.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Tends to be easily moved by displays of kindness.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: After he finally completely transforms, Monsieur Sol doesn't last long. Must be a family tradition.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: White-haired variation.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: Makes one against Rusty Rose so that he can use his own right arm against him through Take Over, which actually proves to be a distraction so that he could crush his glasses for Evergreen to petrify him. It doesn't work, due to Rusty Rose's Reality Warper powers.
- Determinator: Probably the only one who can outdo Natsu in this. His solution to fighting Bacchus, who was too fast and erratic for him to even land a hit, was to transform into a Lizardman with spiked scales. He then told Bacchus that it would be a battle to see which could take more punishment, his body or Bacchus's hands.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Invoked by Word of God; he thought the name sounded cute.
- Fundoshi: Wears one with a character meaning "man" on it.
- Game Face
- Genius Bruiser: Maybe not genius, but he's certainly smarter than he seems and is capable of thinking up quick and clever plans, notably his plan to take down Rusty Rose and his clever use of his transformations against Bacchus.
- Gentle Giant: Before Lisanna's death. He's still pretty gentle with those he cares about, though.
- Guest Star Party Member: During the Phantom Lord arc.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns: After his three-month training session for the Grand Magic Games.
- Large Ham
- Lightning Bruiser: His Weretiger transformation.
- Manly Tears: After he saves Mirajane from being killed by Phantom Lord. Also, when he is reunited with Lisanna.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He's a pretty big guy, but gets (literally) thrown around easily by the likes of Natsu and Gray. In battle, however, he's not considered weak.
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya: Pulls this in order to save Mirajane from Phantom Lord. His newfound power isn't enough to do the same again against many other enemies, though.
- My Sister Is Off Limits: Upon Lisanna's return and hearing some of the guild members commenting on Lisanna's cute appearance, Elfman begins to knock away from his sister.
- Mystical White Hair: Probably so that he matches his sisters.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: His Lizardman transformation gives him spiked scales that are Made of Diamond and virtually impervious to physical damage. It lets him win his fight against the heavy-hitting Bacchus when their battle turns into an Endurance Duel.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different
- Partial Transformation: His Beast Arm ability only lets him transform his right arm. Even after regaining his Full-Body Take Over, he still uses this from time to time.
- Powers via Possession
- Real Men Cook: According to Lisanna.
- Red Baron: "Beast Arm" Elfman
- Scars Are Forever: He has one scar along his right cheek.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Concerning Evergreen.
- Ship Tease: He's been getting some with Evergreen from the Sirius Island arc onwards.
- Shounen Hair: After Lisanna's death.
- Sixth Ranger: Stands in for Wendy during the Grand Magic Games arc.
- Stone Wall: His Lizardman transformation.
- Testosterone Poisoning: He is always talking about the concept of manliness, refusing to believe that something unnatural could be attributed to anything but an awesome man.
- Top-Heavy Guy: After the three month training Time Skip.
- Verbal Tic: Usually ends a sentence with "otoko" ("man") or something similar.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- The Worf Effect: A victim of this in his battles with Evergreen and Rusty Rose.
Levy Mc Garden
Fairy Tail Magic: Solid Script Weapons/Equipment:
Gale-Force Reading Glasses Guild Mark:
Left Shoulder Blade (White with an orange outline)
A member of Team Shadow Gear, one of many wizard teams that make up the backbone of Fairy Tail alongside her friends Jet and Droy. She is close friends with Lucy. Her magic is called Solid Script, which lets her transform anything she writes into solid objects.
- A-Cup Angst: Dislikes Taurus because he compliments Erza's boobs.
- It's actually so extreme that when she dances next to Lucy and sees how much more Lucy's breasts jiggle than hers, she is reduced to tears and feels like she is being punished.
- Action Girl
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Her very obvious crush on Gajeel.
- Ascended Extra: Word of God says that Levy was meant to be a background character alongside her team. However, she started popping up more and more frequently until she rose to prominence, and even more so than Jet and Droy.
- Badass: Though she doesn't get in on as much action as other members, she is more competent than she thinks she is. She is even chosen as a contender for the S-Class exam, which means a lot considering who the others are.
- Battle Couple: With Gajeel in the Sirius Island arc.
- Bearer of Bad News:
- In the Fantasia arc, she tells Laxus that Makarov is dying to try and get him to stop his assault. He tells her he doesn't care. Fortunately Poluchka nurses Makarov back to health.,
- in Sirius arc she tells Erza and Juvia about Grimoire Hearts attack (right after Erza stop the trial),
- in the current arc, when she becomes the narrator instead of Lucy (cf Break the cutie)
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Gajeel.
- Berserk Button: She hates being called little.
- Break the Cutie:
- Gajeel viciously attacks her and her team in the Phantom Lord arc, which leaves them hospitalized. She remains terrified of Gajeel even after he joins Fairy Tail, at least until he saves her from Laxus.
- Whatever it is that will happen on July 7th, X791 leaves her in tears with several wounds and a big scar on her head.
- hints that she could be a Plucky Girl (even if not as strongly as Lucy or Erza)
- Celibate Heroine: She rejected at least 3 guys who like her, and rather quickly (Jet and Droy, her teammates, and a guy named Dublin -cf their data cards-)
- Crucified Hero Shot: Gajeel pins her, Jet, and Droy to a tree like this and brands her stomach with the Phantom Lord symbol, setting off the war between their two guilds.
- Cute Bookworm
- The Cutie
- Detached Sleeves: Both her Fighting Festival arc and Sirius Island arc outfits.
- Green Lantern Ring: Her Solid Script has the potential to be this.
- Hair Decorations: Her bandana.
- Hartman Hips: Noted in her profile.
- The Heart: She is the first one to dismiss the exam in the Sirius Island arc and stresses that the guild needs to work together in order to defeat their enemies.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Even if her feelings for Gajeel are rather obvious (several of her friends noticed it. Jet, Droy, Lucy, Wendy and probably Lily and Cana to name them), Levy denies it when Lucy (and Wendy in the anime) teases her about it.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Hot Librarian
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Her and Gajeel. She's short enough that he can use her head as an elbow rest.
- Love at First Punch: She first met Gajeel when he attacked her and her teammates.
- Meganekko: On occasion.
- Minored in Asskicking
- Narrator: Becomes this in the Grand Magic Games arc from the future, giving us the first hint that bad stuff is about to happen.
- Neutral Female: During Natsu and Gajeel's fight with Laxus in the Fighting Festival arc.
- Older Than She Looks: She is 17. Most of her features make her look 12-13, though she, as mentioned above, has the Hartman Hips of a developed woman.
- Opposites Attract: With Gajeel.
- Red Shirt: Originally, her sole purpose was to get beat up by Gajeel.
- Rescue Romance: She overcame her fear of Gajeel after he blocked Laxus' attack meant for her.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Thanks to the dress she wears during and after the Sirius Island arc.
- Squishy Wizard: She's good enough to qualify for the S-Rank exam, but comments that her body is weak.
- Stealth Pun: Levy McGarden. She's certainly a source of "levity".
- Sword and Sorcerer: With Gajeel. She's normally a Glass Cannon/Squishy Wizard, but with him she can also be The Medic, with her ability to create metal for him to eat.
- Tareme Eyes
- Tsundere: Type B towards Gajeel, especially in the anime.
- Two Guys and a Girl: With Jet and Droy.
- Words Can Break My Bones: Once again, even if her fighting abilities have not really been shown yet, considering what Fried can do and the fact their magics are similar to some extent...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Click here to see his pre-Time Skip appearance
Makarov's grandson, an S-Class wizard, and heir to the title of guild master. When he starts out, he values strength above all else and does not get along well with most of his fellow guildmates, particularly his grandfather. However, the experiences he goes through that cause him to be expelled and later reinstated in the guild shape him into a much kinder person. He uses lightning magic, and is also the Lightning Dragon Slayer via artificially implanted magic courtesy of his excommunicated father Ivan.
The Raijin Tribenote
are a team of wizards who act as Laxus's personal bodyguards. They don't socialize much with the rest of the guild at first and support Laxus's desire to become guild master, but open up to them over time.
The leader of the Raijin Tribe, and arguably the member most loyal to Laxus. His magic, Jutsu Shiki, lets him write runic enchantments to affect the environment around him to his liking. His Dark Écriture magic also lets him produce the same effects on people.
- The Atoner: Makes up for his actions during the Fantasia arc by letting Cana and Lucy win during their battle in the Sirius Island arc.
- Beauty Mark
- Berserk Button: The easiest way to seriously piss him off is for anyone to attempt to cause harm to Laxus, or even so much as make Laxus look bad in any way.
- Big Damn Heroes: With Bickslow in the Sirius Island arc to save Levy, Lisanna, Lily, and the injured Fairy Tail members from Rusty Rose.
- Bishōnen: He even has a Beauty Mark.
- Bi the Way: If the Volume 33 extra pages are anything to go by...note
- Breaking Speech: Gives one to Juvia, saying they will never accept her because she was a member of Phantom. She proves him wrong.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's known as Fried "the Dark" and most of his spells are have a shadowy appearance to them. He's also the most sympathetic member of the Raijin Tribe and the one who always objects to Laxus' more extreme actions.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Which Cana and Lucy use to their advantage. And then it's revealed that it was just an excuse he used since he was intending to throw the fight. Bickslow just thought that was too silly of a way to lose.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: His torture of Elfman in front of Mirajane.
- The Dragon: During the Fantasia arc while Laxus acts as the Arc Villain.
- Fanboy: To Laxus.
- Flight: He can give himself magical wings using his runes.
- Geometric Magic
- Gratuitous French: "Dark Ecriture" literally means "Dark Writing".
- Hair Antennae: They're even lightning bolt shaped.
- Hero-Worshipper: To Laxus.
- Important Haircut: He gets one after the Fighting Festival arc, but it returns to normal later on.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Kick the Dog: Torturing Elfman right before he tries to kill him. His tearful apology to Mirajane after she knocks the daylights out of him stops it from being Moral Event Horizon.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Manly Tears: The first time is after he is defeated by Mirajane in the Fantasia arc.
- He cries in a more comedic fashion when Laxus returns in the Sirius Island arc.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Fried's objections to Laxus's plans don't stop him from following orders. It's debatable whether he loses this attitude or not. It could be that he's thinking more for himself, or that he doesn't have any issues following Laxus anymore now that he's dropped his Jerkass Façade.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Subverted. Fried objects when Laxus orders him to use lethal force, but the only reason Laxus is telling his subordinates to kill people is because he doesn't have the necessary hatred in his heart to do it himself.
- Not So Stoic: He cries like a baby after meeting Laxus again on Sirius Island.
- One-Winged Angel: Fried's "Darkness" spell turns him into a demon to fight Mirajane in her Satan Soul form. However, he's totally curb-stomped.
- He assumes a different, armored form during his Big Damn Heroes moment in the Sirius Island arc.
- Royal Rapier: He uses it to write his runes, although he can use his hands if he has to.
- Shipper on Deck: For Elfman/Evergreen, apparently.
- Shout-Out: Fried has a glyph that encases him in metallic armor with an expressionless faceplate. Said glyph is named Zetsui.
- Spell My Name with an S: Freed/Fried
- Superpower Lottery: Especially if he is given time to put runes up beforehand since they are effective even against people as powerful as Makarov. Gray even lampshades it. Even without that, the sheer number of things he can do with his magic is astounding.
- Words Can Break My Bones: Fried's power, but they can do so much more, both on him and his enemies.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
A wizard who uses magic to manipulate five souls that inhabit dolls and follow him everywhere. He can also steal and control other people's souls by looking at them with his Figure Eyes ability, which he wears a mask to control.
Voiced by: Yoshihisa Kawahara (JP), Scott Freeman (EN)
- Aura Vision: He can see souls. This is how he suspected that Loke was really a Celestial Spirit.
- Beam Spam: One of his most common attacks with his "babies".
- Big Damn Heroes: With Fried to save their guildmates from Rusty Rose in the Sirius Island arc.
- Catch Phrase: "Let's go, babies!"
- Cool Mask
- Combat Pragmatist: He's not just a competent wizard, but also a very skilled acrobat, if his stunts during the Fantasia arc are anything to go by. Not to mention, even destroying his dolls isn't likely to slow him down as he can just stick their souls into any inanimate objects that happen to be lying around and continue from there.
- Creepy Good: He's loyal to the guild and not that bad of a guy, but he still wears a sinister visor over his upper face and spends half his time leering at people and the other half with his (branded) tongue out.
- Deadly Gaze: His Figure Eyes, which literally rip a person's soul right out of them.
- Good Costume Switch: He loses the skull marks and gains a tuft on the back of his hood after his Big Damn Heroes moment in the Sirius Island arc, making him look more like a knight.
- The Hyena: It's very rare for him not to be laughing about something.
- Made of Iron: In the anime, he takes a surprise attack from Kowazu and gets right back up with a big grin on his face. For emphasis, this was the same attack that broke Gajeel's iron scales.
- Multicolored Hair
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Much to Lucy and Cana's dismay.
- People Puppets
- Power Incontinence: The reason why Bickslow wears a mask.
- Power Limiter: His mask since he can't control his eye power.
- Shipper on Deck: For Elfman/Evergreen.
- Skunk Stripe
- Squishy Wizard
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A wizard who only joined Fairy Tail because she liked the guild's name, as she is obsessed with anything to do with fairies. She can use her Stone Eyes ability to turn others into stone by looking at them, but must wear glasses to control it. She can also conjure fairy dust to create wings and fly.
Fairy Tail Magic: Crash
, Disassembly Magic Guild Mark:
Left Side of Chest (Black)
The S-Class wizard regarded by everyone in the guild to be the
most powerful member of Fairy Tail, period. His magic, Crash, causes him to vaporize anything he touches as a testament of his strength. He is given permission to take on jobs that have never been completed for dozens, or even hundreds of years, and thus only visits his guild a couple of years at a time for short periods of time. He is also Cana's biological father.
The founder and first master of Fairy Tail. Her grave is located on Sirius Island, Fairy Tail's holy ground. Her spirit continues to watch over her guild to guide them; she is also responsible for protecting the Tenrou Group from Acnologia's attack, freezing them in time for seven years
- A-Cup Angst: In the fourth OVA.
- Awesome by Analysis: In the four days that the Grand Magic Games have taken place, she recorded and memorized all the rival teams' stats and battles, and uses them to give Fairy Tail a strategy for victory.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When Zeref tells her he plans to annihilate all living beings in Chapter 340, she responds it's the opposite. She will assure Fairy Tail will annihilate him, without any hesitating on her part.
- Big Good: Ever since her spirit left Sirius Island, she arguably shares, if not outranks, Makarov as this.
- With Chapter 340 out, it's pretty much solidified that she outranks Makarov. Especially with her deep connection to Zeref.
- Cry Cute: The waterworks really kick off when she considers the possibility of her strategy going up in smoke due to a miscalculation.
- Cute Ghost Girl
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Empty Eyes: Her eyes never reflect highlights. This is probably because she's a ghost, light just passes through her instead of reflecting off of her eyes.
- Failed a Spot Check: Odd she didn't consider in her calculations of the possibility of someone like Kagura picking a fight with Erza given the shared history they have with Jellal at some point in their lives.
- Possibly implied to have actually been Out-Gambitted by Minerva, who's clearly been running some schemes of her own.
- Genki Girl
- Green Eyes
- Hair Decorations: Those wings on her hair.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Idiot Hair
- Invisible to Normals: Only those who bear the Fairy Tail guild mark can see her since she's already dead.
- Light 'em Up: Fairy Glitter
- More Than Meets the Eye: Her conversation with Zeref in Chapter 340 implies that, as fans speculated, she's not human.
- A Mother to Her Men: She uses Fairy Sphere to protect the guild members on Sirius Island from Acnologia's attack.
- My Greatest Failure: She never expected Purehito to turn out the way he did when she chose him as master. Because of that, she blames herself for knowledge of Lumen Histoire leaking to Ivan.
- Not so Above It All: She is just as weird as the rest of the guild.
- Oh Crap: Her response to Kagura being Spanner in the Works in regards to the strategy with Erza to fight Minerva. Then she graduates into a Heroic BSOD when Minerva pops out of nowhere, fearing her strategy might be completely derailed.
- Passing the Torch: Chose Purehito as master of Fairy Tail. She has come to regret her decision due to his Face-Heel Turn.
- Pillar of Light: Fairy Glitter
- The Power of Friendship: Weaponized; she uses the power of the guild members' faith and bonds between themselves to cast Fairy Sphere.
- The Strategist: Her Awesomeness by Analysis abilities earned her the nickname "Fairy Tactician".
- Rapunzel Hair
- Red Baron: "Fairy Tactician" Mavis.
- Retcon: Was apparently originally going to be male until Hiro Mashima realised Mavis was a girl's name.
- Sphere of Power: Fairy Sphere
- Sympathy for the Devil: She appears to genuinely feel bad for Zeref, asking if he still wants to die in Chapter 340, and implies that she willingly let him stay on Sirius Island with her. Regardless, she vows that Fairy Tail will still stop him from wiping out humanity.
- It's also implied that they had a relationship all those years ago.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Vague Age: As in how old she was when she died. She looks like a child and has some child-like manners, but she is a very intelligent strategist and was able to start and run a whole guild, which could hint that she is a grown-up or at the very least in her late teenage years. No matter what, she is probably Older Than She Looks.
- Walk on Water