GOOOOODDDDD MOOOOORRRRNNNNNINNNNGGGG! IIIIIICCCCHHHHIIIGGGGOOOO! INFERRRRRRRRNOOOOOOOOO DIVIIIIIIIIIIIDEEEEEEEEEEER!
Patrick Seitz has, by his own estimation, worked on over 100 projects since his initial foray into the voiceover industry in 2001 with the Geneon
OVA Amazing Nurse Nanako
. While probably best known for his involvement with more popular titles like Bleach
, Seitz has also received acclaim for his work in niche titles, such as Koi Kaze
as Koshiro Saeki, Paradise Kiss
as Joji "George" Koizumi, and Tales of Phantasia
as Dhaos. Seitz is often cast as villains or enigmatic heroes
, in keeping with his deep voice, although a few more recent projects (e.g. Ouran High School Host Club
, One Piece
, Red Line
, and Bleach
) have featured him going higher and zanier.
On the other side of the mic, Seitz adapted and directed the English dubs of the raunchy teen romp Girls Bravo
, the slice-of-life Kamichu!
, the mystery drama Monster
, and the previously-mentioned fantasy OVA Tales of Phantasia
, in addition to adapting over 100 episodes of other series.
Seitz has been moderately active in the anime convention circuit over the last few years, putting in over two dozen appearances throughout North America since mid-2005.
Prior to his current level of involvement in the voiceover industry, Seitz taught English at his high school alma mater, and received a BA in Creative Writing and an MFA in Creative Writing & Writing for the Performing Arts (both from UC Riverside).
Has a Twitter account
Cool fact: with a beard, he almost looks like Adam Savage
Canadian counterpart? Scott McNeil
Tropes associated with Patrick Seitz:
- The Ahnold: Not... exactly one. But he sure proves that he can do Ahnuld impressions, combined with South American tone, like Chaac
- Badass Baritone: Almost like Travis Willingham's, just with a bit less moxie.
- Badass Beard: As mentioned above, he looks like Adam Savage with one.
- Gentle Giant: Much like Travis (again), Seitz has a large stature, but is quite jovial and friendly.
- Guttural Growler: Some of the characters he voices, like Sloth and Dracula, sound like they eat gravel for breakfast, and sound all the more menacing for it.
- Jerkass: Some of his more notable roles.
- Large Ham: Some of his more notable roles such as Captain Bravo and Sky High have him pull this off in spades.
- Rated M for Manly: Because of his natural Badass Baritone voice, a lot of the characters he voices can easily fall into this.
- Mean Character Nice Actor
- One of Us: Seitz loves him some video games.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Mostly averted as while he's usually cast as jerkish characters, he plays everything from idealistic Nice Guys to Manipulative Bastards
- And as of Dawn of War - Armless failures.
- And with the announcement that he will be voicing Dio Brando, vampires.
- Real Men Wear Pink: While his name is often associated with Badass Baritone and very manly characters, he's a huge fan of Love Live!, a multimedia franchise about Moe girls becoming Idol Singers.
- Scary Black Man: Not one in real life, but thanks to his Badass Baritone, Seitz has gotten a few roles as Scary Black Guys. See Pippin, Agil, Simon, Lucian, Mason, Basilio, and TJ Combo.