Characters: Fairy Tail Celestial Spirits
Celestial Spirits are beings from another world who are summoned specifically by celestial wizards such as Lucy using a set of magic keys (called Gate Keys) to summon them.Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.Back to the main character index
open/close all folders
Celestial Spirit King
The ruler of the Celestial Spirit World and its residents, as well as the strongest
of the Celestial Spirits. He can only be summoned by a Celestial Spirit Mage who sacrifices a Gold Key of a Spirit whom the summoner has a strong bond with.
- Anti-Magic: "Galaxia Blade", his most powerful ability, uses the pure light of the stars to break even the darkest curse.
- Arch-Enemy: To Mard Guille.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: King of the Celestial Spirits and the most powerful of them all.
- Badass: If one didn't believe it by his intimidating first appearance, they'd certainly believe it when he finally appears in a fight.
- Battle Aura: Can unleash a destructive one when angered.
- Berserk Button: Make Lucy suffer and he'll destroy your entire guild headquarters without prejudice!
- BFS: Wields an extremely powerful longsword decorated with star imagery. Considering how huge he is, that just makes it even bigger.
- Cool Old Guy: Has the appearance of an old man, but not only does he look cool and intimidating, he's extremely strong.
- Cool Helmet: Wears a really nice-looking and intimidating horned helmet that shows his face and is also decorated with fins and a upside-down star.
- Cool Sword: His BFS is richly decorated with star imagery and is powerful enough to cut one of the most powerful Dark Guilds' travelling headquarters into several pieces.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Lucy, did you just defy the Celestial Spirit King? And he listened?
- Dynamic Entry: Makes an epic grand entrance when Lucy manages to summon him following Aquarius's sacrifice. He makes his appearance by slicing the Tartarus's headquarters, Plutogrim, into pieces.
- Expy: Of Odin. As in "the summon from the Final Fantasy series". If someone who has seen the Dynamic Entry above tells you they didn't think of Zantetsuken, they lie.
- Godzilla Threshold: Summoning him requires the sacrifice of one golden key. Meaning, that they can never summon them again. Therefore, summoning him is considered as a very last resort
- Infinity+1 Sword: In a way, as a Celestial Spirit Mage can only summon him if they can summon three spirits at a time, which itself requires large magic reserves and has presumably never been done before until Lucy does.
- Large and In Charge: King of the Celestial Spirits and a huge giant that towers over everybody.
- Large Ham: Not only that, but half the fandom fell over in their chairs when they heard who was doing his voice.
- Power at a Price: It is possible to summon him. The toll though? One must destroy a Celestial Key with a Spirit they have a strong connection to, thus meaning they can never summon them again.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's the king of the Celestial Spirits and a benevolent leader. Seeing Lucy's conviction, he relents and pardons Leo, allowing him to return to the Spirit World.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A benevolent example.
- Spellblade: Can use his sword to create powerful magical attacks.
- Sword Beam: Can bring forth huge beams from slashing his sword, which is ridiculously destructive.
- The Bus Came Back: After being gone for a long time, he finally reappears in the Tartatus arc to save Lucy and destroy Cube.
- The Power of Friendship: What finally convinces him to allow Leo back into the Celestial Spirit World. In a way he embodies this since breaking a Golden Key to summon him only works if the mage has a strong bond with the corresponding Spirit.
- Time Master: Time stops when he appears in the human world, except for those he addresses.
- This Is Unforgivable!: He was not happy with the sight of Lucy crying her heart out after having to summon him.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: He's even more monstrously huge in this form.
- Baleful Polymorph: His most dangerous ability by far involves turning his targets into harmless, immobile constellations.
- Bigger Bad: Of the Eclipse Celestial Spirit arc.
- The Caligula: An absolute tyrant in this form. He's the real reason the Zodiac Spirits (sans Ophiuchus) wanted 'freedom.' He's become such a tyrant that he threatens to destroy the entire Celestial Spirit World, and they wanted to jump off the ship before it sinks, so to speak.
- Celestial Body: His body looks like a starry night sky.
- Eldritch Abomination: A huge humanoid monster with few an oddly shaped head and a mouth that's only present some of the time. It can transform people into inanimate constellations and open multiple black holes on its body.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Ophiuchus says he's going to inevitably destroy the Celestial Spirit World and everything in it, herself included. And she's okay with that.
Gold Keys of the Zodiac
There are twelve different types of golden Zodiac keys, only one of each existing in the world. They can be used to summon one of the twelve spirits of the Zodiac. Incidentally, all the gold keys introduced in the series come into Lucy's possession.note
Owners: Karen Lilica (former), Angel (former), Lucy Heartfilia
Magic: Wool Magic
. She is a meek spirit who can conjure fluffy pink clouds of wool in battle. Her master was the abusive Karen Lilica until Angel killed Karen and took her key as the spoils of battle. After Angel is defeated, Aries comes into Lucy's possession.
Voiced by: Sayaka Narita (JP), Didi Duron (EN)
- Apologetic Attacker: She apologizes to her opponents before wool-bombing them (which doesn't even hurt them anyway).
- Apologizes a Lot: "I'm sorry" is her Catch Phrase.
- Badass Adorable
- Broken Bird: Her first two owners are extremely abusive to her. Karen wasn't above using her as a living shield, and even threatened to beat her. Angel, meanwhile, pits her against her dear friend Leo, knowing it would be hard on them both. Thankfully, she recovers nicely once she contracts Lucy.
- Catch Phrase: "Sumimasen" ("I'm sorry")
- Collared by Fashion: A big poofy one, but one nonetheless.
- Detached Sleeves
- Extreme Doormat: Put up with all her abuse without saying a word.
- Fighting Your Friend: She is forced by Angel to fight Leo.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Her clothes highlight her curves rather well.
- Gender-Blender Name: Aries is a ram, after all.
- Hello, Nurse!: The men around her go wild every time she's summoned, to her great embarrassment.
- Horned Humanoid
- Impossible Hourglass Figure
- Improbable Weapon User: She uses Wool Magic which, given their reactions, seems to paralyze her opponents with the sheer pleasure the softness of the wool produces.
- Minidress of Power
- Mundane Made Awesome: Wool Magic.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's far from cheerful, but she's still sweet and docile.
- Sensei-chan: In the second OVA.
- She's Got Legs
- Ship Tease: Gets quite a bit with Leo.
- Shrinking Violet
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is pink.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
The Golden Bull. He possesses Herculean strength, but is constantly distracted by Lucy's breasts. He is one of the spirits owned by Lucy at the start of the story.
Voiced by: Eiji Sekiguchi (JP), Jeremy Inman (EN)
Angel (former), Lucy Heartfilia Magic: Copy Magic
The Twins. They have the power to mimic the appearance of anyone and read their minds. They are Angel's signature spirits and follow her orders without question until Lucy proves to be a more caring master.
Gemi is voiced by: Yukiyo Fujii (JP), Heather Walker (EN)
Mini is voiced by: Kanami Satou (JP), Michelle Rojas (EN)
- Ditto Fighter: Copies the appearance and abilities of a person whose magic power is at the same level or lower than their summoner's.
- Early-Bird Cameo: They appeared on chapter cover pages well before their first real appearance.
- Heel-Face Turn: Due to their telepathy, they felt the love Lucy has for Celestial Spirits, which prompted them to fall to their knees and cry, as well as refuse to hurt Lucy.
- Necessary Drawback: They can only copy someone whose magic power is at the level of their summoner, meaning Lucy can't get Gemini to fight for her as monstrously powerful people like Erza or Laxus.
- Telepathy: They can read the minds of anyone they copy, but forget once they lose that transformation.
- Tender Tears: Reading Lucy's mind deeply enough caused these and started their Heel-Face Turn.
- Verbal Tic: "Piri piri"
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: They can copy up to two people at once. For every new transformation they acquire, they lose their oldest one.
- Wonder Twin Powers: They're two people. Both of them are required to use their magic.
Layla Heartfilia (former), Lucy Heartfilia Weapons/Equipment: Dual Scissors
The Giant Crab. He is a hairstylist who wields scissors that can cut through virtually anything. Lucy inherits his key from her mother, and owns him by the time the story begins.
Voiced by: Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (JP), Will Short (EN)
The Maiden. She is a sadomasochistic spirit dressed as a maid who can burrow underground and manipulate earth. Originally owned by Duke Everlue, she makes a new contract with Lucy after the duke is arrested.
- Absolute Cleavage: In her Gonk form.
- Action Girl
- Catch Phrase: "Are you going to punish me?"
- Chained by Fashion: Just on her wrists.
- The Comically Serious
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: A rather quiet one, though
- Covert Pervert: Though after a few arcs it's not so covert. Finally averted when she willingly shook her ass when the request wasn't even directed towards her, and she did it with a smile on her face.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Disproportionate Retribution: Pretty much all the time she asks Lucy for punishment over anything. Even when she does things right.
- Emotionless Girl
- Empty Eyes
- Fan Disservice: At least under ownership of Everlue.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: She appears in whatever form she thinks will please her master most. In the case of Duke Everlue, it was a fat, really disgusting Old Maid. In the case of lucy, it's a more traditional Meido.
- Gonk: Under Duke Everlue, who thinks she looks attractive like that. With Lucy? Not so much.
- Heel-Face Turn: Though more My Master, Right or Wrong. She was under command of Duke Everlue and had to obey his orders. Once he was imprisoned, that voided her contract and she sought to be under the command of Lucy.
- Marilyn Maneuver/Panty Shot: Happened while protecting Lucy from this trope. The anime didn't approve.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has been slowly shifting to this since Lucy took her in.
- Ninja Maid
- Poor Communication Kills: In the Grand Magic Games arc, Team Natsu has three months to train until the tournament begins when Virgo invites them to spend a day in the Celestial Spirit World to party. It's only after the day is over that they learn one day in the spirit world equals three months in the human world.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's not at all cheery and sweet, but she's still polite and docile.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Natsu/Lucy.
- This Is a Drill: In the Brought Down to Normal Highschool AU.
- Too Kinky to Torture: She asks to be punished all the time. Heck the one time they did punish her, it's clear she's really enjoying it.
- Tunnel Queen
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She adapts her looks to her owner's taste.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has pink hair.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Ax-Crazy: Much more prone to violence in this form.
- Dominatrix: Fittingly enough.
- Having a Blast: Can now make her holes explode on command. She's practically a walking minefield.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: She seems to enjoy inflicting pain on, and otherwise punishing, other people a little too much...
- Irony: She likes to dole out pain, but doesn't like to receive it. Go fig.
- Poke the Poodle: Attacks Lucy with watermelon and mayo when she turns out to enjoy the more mundane torture.
- Putting on the Reich: Wears a more military outfit in this form.
- Whip It Good: To add with her dominatrix theme, she uses a whip as a weapon and more then enjoy hurting Lucy with it.
The Heavenly Scales. She has the power to manipulate the gravity of any target. She is under Yukino's ownership.
Angel (former), Lucy Heartfilia Magic: Sand Magic
The Scorpion. He can produce sandstorms from the tail-shaped cannon on his back. He is also Aquarius' boyfriend. He was initially owned by Angel until he decides Lucy would make a much better master.
Onwers: Lucy Heartfilia
Weapons/Equipment: Bow and Arrows
The Archer. He is a master bowman in a horse costume who never misses his target. His key is given to Lucy by the natives of Galuna Island as a reward for rescuing them. His Eclipse form is a true centaur.
Voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), Wilbur Penn (EN)
- Captain Obvious
- Expressive Mask: The head part of his costume changes its expressions according to the situation.
- Genius Ditz/Literal-Minded: Possibly a combination of the two of these, or at least an innocent version of the first. When asked if he can produce fire (arrows) for Natsu, he stated that he can not. Only later does he realize that the issue at hand was if fire could be produced. Granted, it's partly a case of Poor Communication Kills, but it seems like a weird thing to distinguish.
- Is more justified, when you think of it as "Can you make fire at ALL", or "Can you make that ONE THING on fire."
- Verbal Tic: "Moshi, moshi!" (Hello, hello)
- In the Funimation dub, he just says a multitude of weird-sounding greetings, goodbyes, and conjunctions. ("Yes sir-ee!" "See you later, alligator.")
- Affably Evil: Speaks like an old samurai
- Brick Joke: Before his normal form was revealed, Happy thought he look more like a proper centaur. Ironically his Eclipse form is just how he imagined him.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Our Centaurs Are Different: He turns into a proper centaur in this form rather then a guy in a horse costume.
Owner: Layla Heartfilia (former), Zoldio (former), Lucy Heartfilia
The Goat. He was given to Zoldio by Lucy's mother until her daughter came of age, but Zoldio fused with him and became a being named Caprico. He is freed by Leo and joins his rightful owner afterward.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Bare Your Midriff: His suit while possessed by Zoldio.
- Battle Butler
- Brutal Honesty: In the anime only, he seems reluctant to say something to Lucy, but she tells him not to worry about being honest. Unfortunately for her, he had quite a few issues with her weight when he was carrying her in his arms.
- Cool Shades
- Grand Theft Me: Became the victim of this after Zoldio, his owner who was supposed to give his key to Lucy, went nuts and took over Capricorn's body, forcing him to stay in the human world for 17 years. Note that just three years are enough to nearly kill Leo, and a week would have been brutal torture for Aries, so it's hard to imagine the kind of pain he might have been in by the time he was freed.
- The Mentor: Becomes one for Lucy after coming under her possession, helping her to learn more about her magic. In the anime, he also takes her being a Heartfilia very seriously, right down to cheerfully insisting she follow her heritage and become a proper lady.
- The Stoic
- Three-Point Landing
- Undying Loyalty: To Layla Heartfilia, and then to her daughter Lucy. In fact, when Leo asks him if he will give his loyalty Lucy, he refuses, saying that he cannot give her something which has always belonged to her.
- Verbal Tic: He refers to himself as "Meh", which is the Japanese onomatopoeia for a goat's bleat.
- In the English manga, he opens many of his sentences with "Bah!", which is used to similar effect.
- Affably Evil: Is still nothing put polite in this form.
- Petting Zoo People: He's actually a small taking goat rather then a humanoid one in this form.
- Quiz Show: The entire reason his "fight" with Levy is a quiz show is because he like quiz shows.
Layla Heartfilia (former), Lucy Heartfilia Magic: Water Magic
The Water Bearer. She is a powerful spirit who carries an urn filled with a limitless supply of water. She is one of the first spirits owned by Lucy, but hates her master's guts and often attacks her instead of her intended targets.
- Action Girl: Usually whenever Aquarius shows up, someone's about to get hurt. Badly.
- Anger Born of Worry: When Lucy exhausts herself summoning Aquarius while she already has Loke and Virgo's gates open, her first words are "You dumbass..."
- Disproportionate Retribution: Spanking Lucy for losing her keys the second time despite the fact that she was forced to drop them when Juvia trapped her in a water lock as she was trying to defend herself.
- Elemental Baggage: One of the few aversions in the series. Lucy can't summon her without an existing body of water, though what qualifies as a body of water seems to very based on needs of the plot.
- Freudian Excuse: Her attitude towards Lucy was largely because in the past she would frequently summon her because she didn't have any friends and always viewed her as a crybaby even long after she grew out of it. Nearly borders on Disproportionate Retribution in a few cases if not for the fact she does show she cares, just has a really hard time showing it.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Tells Lucy to summon the Spirit King by breaking her Key. Although this doesn't mean Aquarius is going to die, Lucy will never be able to summon her again.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's ill-tempered, rude and doesn't care that her attacks hurt Lucy and her allies. However, moments before Lucy breaks her Key to summon the Spirit King on her suggestion, Aquarius admits that deep down she really cared for Lucy.
- The Load: As fierce a fighter she is, there are moments where she just flat out abandons Lucy when she's really needed, such as the battle with Angel in the Nirvana arc (leaving when Scorpio was summoned and revealing he's her boyfriend), and during the underwater battle in the Grand Magic Games arc (counters one attack before splitting). In both cases, Lucy winds up in real danger as a result.
- Making a Splash: Just look at her name.
- Odd Friendship: With Juvia.
- Official Couple: With Scorpio.
- Oh, Crap: When she realizes Hughes can wrest control of water from her. Again when Torafuzar easily swims through it to attack her.
- Pet the Dog: In the anime only, she cries out for Lucy's safety in the Edolas arc when her master is attacked and she herself is powerless.
- Also, she was among the rest of Lucy's spirits who agreed with her that Leo shouldn't sacrifice his life for a reason they believe not to be right.
- She also tells Lucy to summon the Spirit King by breaking her Key.
- At the start of the anime only Eclipse Celestial Spirit Arc. She's temperamental as always when Lucy tries to grant her a wish for her hard work and typically her wish is to see Lucy embarrassed. First by making Yukino and her act out a play, then as usual attacking her with water which leaves Lucy hung on a tree "like laundry". She does however get her down and dry her off afterwards and they spend the night watching the stars together.
- Reliable Traitor: Despite her tendency to berate, mock, and even attack Lucy, the latter can almost always count on her destructive power as a last resort.
- Tsundere: She acts hot-tempered and bitchy to everyone, especially Lucy, her dere side only shows up around her boyfriend. Later, right before Lucy breaks her Key, Aquarius claims she always hated Lucy for being such a naive, crybaby little brat, but admits to herself that she did care about Lucy and never being able to see her again makes her feel sad.
- Undying Loyalty: To Layla Heartfilia. The main reason she was always so hostile to Lucy was because she wasn't Layla despite the fact that Lucy's her daughter.
- Unfriendly Fire: Not just because she's a Jerkass around Lucy; her power is inherently just so destructive. In fact, this is used to Lucy's advantage when Aquarius is being controlled by Sherry.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Bratty Half-Pint: Changed into a little girl in this form.
- Cute and Psycho: Evil, yet incredibly adorable.
- Friendly Enemy: Eventually develops this with Wendy.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Has no problems playing with Wendy and Carla in an amusement park when they come after her, even sharing ice cream with them during a mid-fight break. Of course, her problem is that she can't quite see the difference between "playing" and "fighting".
- Irony: She sounds a tad nicer in this form, though still one hundred percent with breaking away from their owners.
- Making a Splash: A given only she has much better control of water in this form rather then the tidal wave throwing she usually does. To the point she can send out smaller streams of water and even make a water dragon to chase her targets.
- Mythology Gag: Not only is she turned into a child in this form, but one of her main attacks is creating a water dragon. She fights against Wendy, who was originally planned to be the Water Dragon Slayer.
Owners: Yukino Aguria
Click here for their 'human' form
The Paired Fish. The two attack their target in pairs. They seem like fish at first, but their true form is a mother and her child. They are owned by Yukino.
The mother is voiced by: Kanami Satō (JP)
The son is voiced by: Shohei Kajikawa (JP)
- Anti-Magic: The son has this ability as he's able to cancel out Natsu's fire attacks.
- Big Eater: The mother can seemingly eat any attack! Even fire!
- Consummate Liar: The son does this alot, claiming he'll do an action then responding "just kidding" and doing the opposite.
- Fish People: A lot more played straight in this form. The son now looks like a merman and the mother is a flying shark.
- Flying Seafood Special: The mother has the ability to fly in the air.
- Funny Afro: Or dreadlocks in this case on the son. He can even give it to his opponents
- Momma's Boy: The son though he acts like he doesn't need her most of the time.
- No Sell: Ironically water now has no effect on them.
- Sand Is Water: Sort of, the mother can generate water and swim through rock surfaces.
- Threatening Shark: The mother is now a big shark.
- Sizeshifter: The mother has the ability to change her size
- Verbal Tic: The son's constant "Zruh"
Owners: Yukino Aguria
The Serpent Bearer. This massive, mechanical snake-like spirit is regarded as a thirteenth Zodiac spirit. It is owned by Yukino as her most powerful spirit.
- Altum Videtur: "Omnia... Magna... Stella... Rex Prae..."Translation
- Attack Its Weak Point: Subverted. Yes, getting punched there by Natsu did hurt, but it was more of a Wounded Gazelle Gambit to get Natsu to start warping Astral Spiritys to aid Lucy and Yukino, resulting in their gates being closed, which was exactly what she wanted.
- Attack Drone: Summons some form of robotic Attack Drones right when she says she's going to 'get serious.'
- Badass: Main form suffers from The Worf Effect: She curb-stomps Natsu and Wendy until the end.
- Bishonen Line: Just contrast her humanoid (and frankly, very attractive) Eclipse form with her downright monstrous, gigantic 'true' form. She kicked Natsu and Wendy's ass in this form, but her true form was subject to a One-Hit Kill by Kagura.
- Blind Obedience: She states flat-out that she doesn't care if the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King kills her, as long as it is what he truly desires.
- The Chessmaster: Holy crap is she a Manipulative Bitch! She was playing everyone, from her fellow Celestial Spirits to the heroes, from the very beginning of the Filler Arc, in order to serve her true master, the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King. See Xanatos Gambit.
- Cute and Psycho: To contrast her main form, which is a huge snake that is taken seriously by everyone.
- Cute Little Fangs: Going along with her Cute and Psycho and to remind us she is a giant snake.
- Dark Action Girl: She mopped the floor with Natsu and Wendy.
- Deadly Doctor: She represents the medical aspect of snakes.
- Depraved Dentist: At one point
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: What she says right before shoving a gigantic tongue depressor into Natsu's mouth... yeah, let's keep this PG-13.
- The Dragon: Appears to serve this role to Dark Leo.
- Eldritch Abomination: What she later proves to be. Her Eclipse Form isn't just a Deadly Doctor; it's the entire realm of Astral Spirytus, and she can control it accordingly. See also One-Winged Angel.
- Evil Blonde: Despite her main form being jet black.
- Expy: Snakes? Hospital Hottie? Greenish-blonde hair? Master of playing both sides of a conflict? Medusa, anyone?
- Just Toying with Them: Her first bout with Natsu's group was simply her stalling for time to allow Leo go set up the ritual.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Takes out a chart to explain her constellation and why she is a nurse.
- Let's Get Dangerous/Obfuscating Insanity: When she goes One-Winged Angel, she drops all pretexts of being Cute and Psycho and becomes downright freaking terrifying.
- Healing Factor: Arcadios chops her giant snake's Multi Purpose Tongue off. It grows back not even a second later.
- Hospital Hottie: Justified that the constellation is revered by medical professionals
- Make Me Wanna Shout: With a magic stethoscope.
- Male Gaze: Thanks to her Minidress of Power, the anime takes no small amount of time focusing on her butt.
- The Man Behind the Man: To Leo, for the Celestial Spirit King.
- Minidress of Power: One that looks like a doctor's labcoat, but is short enough to show that She's Got Legs.
- One-Winged Angel: It's not just that gigantic, thorn-covered snake. She is literally Astral Spirytus. As in, the realm.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: When she merges with the giant snake, her hair becomes noticeably longer.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: And frankly, fucking scary in her case.
- Scaled Up: Once Leo tries the ritual again, she suddenly appears in a merged version of her snake form.
- Samus is a Girl: Turns out to be female in her Eclipse form. Color us shocked...
- Shout-Out: When did a Celestial Spirit visit the land of 'Hyrule'?
- Verbal Tic: 'Denasu.' It's an act.
- Xanatos Gambit: Masterfully executed. She knew the heroes were going to try to force the Zodiac Spirits' gate closed. She actually needed this, because forcing their gate closed sends them right back to the Celestial Spirit World, with the Celestial Spirit King. If Liberum had been allowed to succeed as Leo wanted, the Celestial Spirit King would have been virtually unchallenged to continue his reign of terror. Either way, he won, and Ophiuchus kept both the heroes and the other spirits in the dark the whole time.
Spirits who are summoned using common silver keys are not typically summoned for combat purposes, but are rather done for casual reasons.
Owners: Lucy Heartfilia, Katja
The Canis Minor. Nikora is a common breed of celestial spirit, and the minimal amount of magic power it takes to summon it makes it an ideal pet. Lucy owns her own Nikora, which she names Plue.
Voiced by: Saori Goto
(JP), Majken Bullard (Season 1; EN), Monica Rial (Season 2 onwards; EN)
Owners: Lucy Heartfilia
The Clock. He is a talking grandfather clock who Lucy tends to summon to use as shelter from hazardous environments.
Voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), Ben Bryant (EN)
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Lucy from the collapsing Nirvana and from being sucked through the Anima, and Wendy from one of Hades's attacks. Does it yet again when saving Arcadios from lava. This is basically Horologium's hat.
- Chekhov's Gunman: His ability to conceal people inside his body comes in handy.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Moreso than the other spirits, since he is specifically a defensive spirit that can hide others inside of his body. He has been shown to protect people from inter-dimensional magic, falling rocks, a One-Hit KO spell, lava, and cold weather.
- Verbal Tic: "...he/she says." Justified in that the inside of his body is totally soundproof, and he must relay the words of whatever people inside him say to everyone else.
- The English dub takes this a step further: he not only says what people say, but how they say it, such as "...he/she yells furiously" or "...he/she asks tearfully," just to make good with the lip-locking.
Owners: Lucy Heartfilia
The Lyre. She is typically summoned for her phenomenal singing voice.
Owners: Lucy Heartfilia
The Southern Cross. This cross-shaped spirit has an encyclopedic knowledge of celestial spirits and their owners, which he searches for by sleeping.
Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura (JP), Bill Flynn (EN)
Owners: Angel, Katja
Magic: Gun Mode Shift, Sword Mode Shift
The Chisel. It is one of Angel's contracted spirits that acts more like a weapon than a sentient being.
- BFG/BFS: Caelum is both and can switch to one at the user will.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In the manga Aries, Scorpio and Gemini are all revealed to have joined Lucy after Angel was imprisoned. But Caelum's fate is unknown. In the anime it returned in the Key of the Starry Sky Arc under Katja's control though it's not revealed how she got it's key. Supposedly it's just one of many types like Nikola is.
Owners: Lucy Heartfilia
The Compass. It is a penguin with a compass on its head.
The bear cub. One of of the few combat silver keys. Only appears in the anime.
The black swan, another combat silver key. Only appears in the anime.
Voiced by: Taishi Murata (JP)