Characters: Fairy Tail Dark Guilds
Dark guilds are guilds in the Fairy Tail
series that act without consent of the Magic Council. They are mainly all criminal organizations, and serve as antagonists in the series.Here be spoilers.Back to the main character index
open/close all folders
The first dark guild of the series. The members of this guild seek out the demon flute Lullaby and try to use its deadly music to launch an assassination plot against the guild masters of Fiore.
Erigor / Grim Reaper
Click here for spoiler
The ace and acting leader of Eisenwald. He is skilled at using Wind Magic to attack, defend, and trap opponents.
, Erigor appears as a member of the Reborn Oración Seis under the name "Grim Reaper". In exchange for his memories of his entire life, he gains control over weather.
- Arc Villain: Of the Lullaby arc.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears one when he reappears in the anime, which is also the one that Jellal wears later on.
- Bald of Evil: Post-Time Skip.
- Big Bad: Of the Lullaby arc, where he attempts to use the Lullaby flute to kill the Guild Masters, with Lullaby itself serving as the Bigger Bad.
- Blow You Away: He uses Wind Magic.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As Grim Reaper.
- Do Not Touch the Funnel Cloud: The whole point of his Wind Wall spell is that the visible part is definitely not something you want to touch. His Storm Mail spell works under a similar principle, but as a subversion there's still a great deal of wind blowing around the funnel itself.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Holds this in Natsu's face when they fight. Backfires spectacularly in the end.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Memories of his True Companions from Eisenwald are the first thing to stir when his brainwashing starts to fade. Even in his mental realm, Erigor pictures his old self standing besides the silhouettes of his Eisenwald guildmates.
- Flight: One of the few characters who can do so unaided by wings.
- Improbable Weapon User: Post Time Skip, he decides to conclude his duel with Bickslow and Wendy by dropping a whole herd of cows on them.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He gives up his memories in exchange for power over the Time Skip. As such, he doesn't remember anything about being Erigor of Eisenwald.
- Mind-Control Eyes: As a member of the Reborn Oración Seis, his eyes are shown to be a dull, glassy gray. His personality is also much more subdued than in his earlier appearances.
- Red Baron: Earned the title "Shinigami" due to his only taking requests to kill people. Ironically, he looks more like The Grim Reaper. This incidentally becomes his codename when he joins the Reborn Oración Seis.
- Revive Kills Zombie: When Wendy realizes that the memories of his past are physically hurting him, she keeps on casting healing spells on him until he recovers all his memories, freeing him from Oración Seis' grasp.
- Scarf of Asskicking: In his first appearance.
- Sinister Scythe: Part of his death motif. After the Time Skip, his scythe seems necessary for his Storm Magic.
- Tattooed Crook
- Took a Level in Badass: After the Time Skip he's become an official member of the Reborn Oración Seis, looks a lot more like the Grim Reaper, and can throw whole hurricanes on people with ease. Too bad he also loses his memory.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: He was the first antagonist that Natsu couldn't just bash into a wall with raw determination.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After his defeat, Lucy fears that Erigor will come back to take revenge. However, he's never seen and barely even mentioned again after that.
- The anime rectifies this. He reappears in the Nirvana arc as part of one of the many dark guilds controlled by Oración Seis, and has a rematch with Natsu. However, the drastic differences in their power are made apparent, and he's taken out in less than half an episode. He later appears after the Time Skip as a full-blown member of the Reborn Oración Seis.
- Worthy Opponent: During his anime-only rematch with Natsu, he admits that what he'd really hoped for was to fight Natsu again and win.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Eisenwald (former) Magic: Shadow Magic
, Dispelling Magic
Erigor's right-hand man. He uses shadow magic to blend into his surroundings.
Eisenwald (former) Magic: Urumi
A wizard who uses urumi blades to ensnare his opponents.
Rayule is Voiced by: Eiji Sekiguchi (JP), Will Christoferson (EN)
A fat wizard who can phase his body through objects.
Karacka is voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), Chris Cason (EN)
A wizard who use's Light Magic and Telekinesis
Byard is voiced by: Daisuke Endou (JP), Tyson Rinehart (EN)
One of the lesser dark guilds in the series. They try to rob the Love & Lucky merchants' guild (where Lucy's father works after he loses his fortune) to pay off a debt to their superiors, Oración Seis.
Gato & Zato
Gato & Zato
Affiliation: Naked Mummy
Top: Gato. Bottom: Zato.
A pair of monkey-like brothers who run Naked Mummy together.
Gato is voiced by: Hiroki Goto (JP), Cris George (EN)
Zato is voiced by: Tomoyuki Higuchi (JP), Paul Giovanni Ramirez (EN)
A Dark Guild that makes its appearance after the Time Skip
. Notable in that it has a role on the Taiyou village arc and that Minerva is one of its members. Also notable in that it is a subordinate guild to Tartarus.
The first member of Succubus Eye, with most of the details about him unknown. He is Minerva's superior, and he has the ability to make people regress back into children. Also, he's not human; he's actually a demon summoned from the Books of Zeref by Tartarus.
- Always a Bigger Fish: How does he finally lose? That flying, one-eyed monster from before flies down and eats him.
- Attack Backfire: Due to the way Maker Magic works, Doriate's power ended up being more helpful to Gray than harmful, in spite of weakening his power.
- Berserk Button: When Gray, despite being turned back into a child, is able to fight back and even talk down at him, Doriate gets so angry he loses focus on the Law of Regression and assumes his demon form to attack Gray.
- Brown Note: In his demon form, his Law of Regression can be used as a sound wave so that instead of only being able to affect the enemy in front of him, it was able to regress everybody in the Sun Village back to their childhood. The downside is that it doesn't discriminate between friend or foe, as seen when it hits his partner Minerva.
- Combat Pragmatist: He turns his victims into children so that they'll be easier to deal with. He also doesn't waste any time casting it once an enemy is in sight.
- Death by Irony: After wanting to eat Gray, he himself gets eaten by a giant, flying monster.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: He can still use his magic while in his One-Winged Angel form, but he is no longer capable of aiming (or he just doesn't bother to do so anymore), causing everyone - including Minerva and Sylph Labyrinth - to get hit with Law of Regression.
- Fangs Are Evil: Even with his mouth shut, he has a lot of fangs jutting out.
- Fountain of Youth: His magic hits his victims with this. According to him, his magic actually affects the magic power of the victim, and their turning into a child is a secondary effect.
- Foreshadowing: Why was he subconsciously avoiding the ice around him? The ice was made via Devil Slayer magic, which would hit beings like him For Massive Damage.
- I'm a Humanitarian: If his attempt to eat Gray is any indication.
- Killed Off for Real
- Kryptonite Is Everywhere: Bordering on Too Dumb to Live, as the area he was fighting in was coated in ice that would severely damage him.
- No Badass to His Valet: He's likely aware that Minerva is the former ace of Sabertooth, but that doesn't change the fact she is still a newbie in her current guild.
- One-Winged Angel: When he gets really angry he hulks out into a huge demon. On the bright side, he's too angry to keep up the Law of Regression in this state.
- Our Demons Are Different: He's a demon from the Books of Zeref.
- Status Buff: Law of Regression's primary effect is to lower the opponent's abilities; the transformation into a child is a side effect.
- Would Hurt a Child: He definitely has no problem with beating up adults with the bodies of children. We've never seen him fight actual kids, but given his personality, he'd probably attack children like he would any other.
- Weak, but Skilled: Subverted. Gray assumes he uses Law Of Regression to weaken his enemies as a means to make up for his somewhat average power, which seems to match up to how the fight was going. Then he reveals his true colors as a powerful demon.