- Adaptation Expansion/Ascended Extra: Many of these members are given expanded roles in the anime, getting more dialogue and even a few fight scenes.
- All There in the Manual: Most of the information on them comes from page covers, some of which is incorporated into the anime.
- Badass Crew
- Hero with Bad Publicity: In addition to being just as responsible for property damage as the Tenrou Group, these members have to deal with seven years worth of being laughed off by many as the weakest guild in Fiore following six consecutive losses in the Grand Magic Games over the Time Skip. Fortunately for them, they still have friends in the Blue Pegasus and Lamia Scale guilds, and their image drastically improves once the Tenrou group begins to take the seventh Grand Magic Games by storm.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Many of these examples, as with the rest of the manga characters.
- Took a Level in Badass: Over the Time Skip, many of these members become strong enough to fight on par with the Tenrou Group, at least until those members start training for the Grand Magic Games.
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), Brian Mathis (EN)
One of the guild's veteran members. He has a son named Romeo, who wants to follow in his father's footsteps. He uses a form of Fire Magic called Purple Flare, which lets him create flames that stick to objects instead of burning them. He temporarily replaces Makarov as master of Fairy Tail during his seven-year disappearance over the Time Skip.
- Action Dad: To Romeo.
- Badass Longcoat: Both Pre and Post Time Skip.
- Big Good: He has to take over this role as a necessity during the Time Skip. That said, he's not particularly good at the role, even considering the circumstances, and quickly steps aside once the Sirius Group returns.
- Cool Old Guy: While not that old, he is certainly older than most of the other members in the guild, and is definitely a competent wizard.
- One-Man Army: He kills 19 Vulcans on his own.
- Perma-Stubble: Which grew into a mustache over the Time Skip.
- Playing with Fire: His fire is purple and immune to wind and water.
- Technicolor Fire: Purple, as mentioned above.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Wakaba are described as the kind of good friends who often argue.
- Waistcoat of Style: Wears one under his Badass Longcoat after the Time Skip.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark blue-colored hair.
Voiced by: Mariya Ise (JP), Kayla Carlyle (EN - Episodes 2-19), Lindsay Seidel (EN - Episodes 41+)
Macao's son. After spending the first portion of the series dreaming about it, he becomes a member of Fairy Tail following the Time Skip. His magic is called Rainbow Fire, which lets him conjure flames of different qualities based on their color (blue flames are cold, orange flames are foul-smelling, purple flames are sticky, etc.).
- All of the Other Reindeer: Bullied by other kids who think knights are cooler than wizards.
- Ascended Extra: During the anime-only Key of the Starry Heavens arc, where he gets to fight several times alongside Natsu, Lucy, and Elfman.
- Big Brother Worship: For Natsu.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Before the Time Skip.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Appears to become far more important after the Time Skip. Also, his future self first appears at the end of Chapter 234.
- Child Mage: Shown to be using magic very early in his life.
- Continuity Nod: Appears in the background of some panels.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Punches Makarov after he refuses send someone to help Macao in the opening arc.
- Fireballs: Not as strong as Natsu's, though.
- Missing Mom: She divorced Macao.
- Mouthy Kid: He has no problems voicing his opinions.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: He hastily and forcefully says, "Dad, NO!" when Macao proposes becoming master again after the second Time Skip.
- Perpetual Frowner: He doesn't smile once during Natsu and the others' seven-year-long absence.
- Playing with Fire: Like his idol, Natsu.
- Scarf of Asskicking: To emulate Natsu, whom he idolizes.
- Take Up My Sword: Even though Natsu's still alive, he seems to be imitating him in looks and in magic after the Time Skip.
- Technicolor Fire: Thanks to Totomaru's lessons.
- Took a Level in Badass: Though he's still inexperienced, he turns from a powerless little kid to a full-fledged wizard over the Time Skip.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: He has dark purple-colored hair.
Voiced by: Daisuke Kageura (JP), Charlie Campbell (EN)
Another veteran of the guild who is close friends with Macao. He uses enchanted cigars and pipes to cast Smoke Magic. He acts as Macao's advisor during his time as Fairy Tail's master during the Time Skip.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Cool Old Guy: He's not that old, but he is older than most of the other members in the guild, and is certainly a competent wizard.
- Dirty Old Man: Wakaba, while not all that old, is older than the majority of the guild and flirts heavily with Mirajane, even though he's married.
- Eyes Always Shut: Except when he is surprised by something.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: Usually seen smoking a pipe pre-Time Skip and a cigar post-Time Skip.
- Henpecked Husband: Wakaba's marriage is evidently quite troubled, which is one reason why he doesn't see a problem with womanizing, save for his wife finding out.
- Number Two: To Macao.
- Smoke Out: His magic is based around smoke.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Macao. He doesn't show the latter the respect due to him during the latter's brief stint as master, but remains a close friend.
Voiced by: Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (JP), Austin Tindle (EN)
An immigrant from the West who uses Guns Magic to fire magic bullets from guns. He has mutual feelings for Bisca, who he marries over the Time Skip.
- Action Dad: Post Time Skip to Asuka.
- Amazon Chaser: Not said outright, but he is in love with a badass woman who shoots magic guns.
- Apologetic Attacker: When he is forced to fight his guildmates to save Bisca during the Fighting Festival arc.
- Babies Ever After: He has a daughter with Bisca.
- Battle Couple: With Bisca.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Until the Time Skip.
- Does Not Like Spicy Food
- Doting Parent: To his daughter Asuka.
- Everyone Can See It: His feelings for Bisca.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: After the Time Skip, he abandoned his Peek-a-Bangs hairstyle for a much shorter hairstyle.
- The Gunslinger
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells
- Abnormal Elemental Ammo
- Death In All Directions: Omnidirectional Shot.
- Guns Akimbo: He duel wields his revolvers on occasion.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: His weapon of choice is a revolver.
- Happily Married: With Bisca over the Time Skip.
- Love Makes You Crazy: When Laxus makes all the members of Fairy Tail fight each other. He does it for Bisca, who was turned to stone.
- Mage Marksman: He can use Gun Magic, firing Trick Bullets from a magic pistol.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Before the Time Skip.
- The Rival: Sees Loke as one, since he told Alzack he'd make a move on Bisca if Alzack didn't.
- Shipper on Deck: Both he and Bisca like to watch how Juvia and Gray's relationship will turn out.
- Twice Shy: With Bisca.
Voiced by: Voiced by: Satomi Arai (JP), Angela Chase (EN)
Another immigrant from the West who, similar to Erza, can requip various magical firearms using her magic called "The Gunner." She has mutual feelings for Alzack, who she marries over the time skip.
- Action Girl: Can awesomely kick your ass with freaking magic guns.
- Action Mom: Post-Time Skip to Asuka.
- Ascended Extra: In the Albareth Empire arc, thanks to being able to wield Jupiter. It allows her to participate in the takedown of a major villain, making her the only person on this page to do so.
- Babies Ever After: She now has a daughter with Alzack.
- Battle Couple: With Alzack.
- Boyish Short Hair: Used to have this before she joined the guild.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Until the Time Skip.
- Defeat Means Friendship: On the receiving end of this, as she becomes a close friend to Erza after Erza tracks her down and defeats her.
- Does Not Like Sweets
- Everyone Can See It: Her feelings for Alzack.
- Expy: Bears a strong resemblance to Rave Master's Reina.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe
- Former Teen Rebel: Other than the obvious fact that she used to be a thief and an outlaw, she also had an entirely different attitude and language from her current even-tempered and relatively soft-spoken self.
- Friendly Sniper: She specializes in Exquipping guns, one of which is a sniper rifle.
- Friend to All Living Things: Bisca has a zoo in her room in Fairy Hills.
- Gun Counterpart: Even though it's not necessarily implied, Erza and Bisca use the same type of magic. However, for the former (the stronger one) uses swords and the latter (who admires the former) uses guns. Highlighted when she helps Erza take down Azir.
- The Gunslinger: Like her husband.
- Hammerspace: She has the same basic magic type as Erza, only with guns instead of armor. She does lack Erza's magic power level though.
- Happily Married: With Alzack after the Time Skip.
- Mage Marksman: She can use Gun Magic and Requip to magically switch guns if needed.
- Motive Rant: She goes into one after Erza defeats her in the chapter showing how they met, saying that she couldn't find work and needed to eat. Erza doesn't have much sympathy, though, since she's mainly mad about Bisca pretending to be part of Fairy Tail, but does tell her what a guild is all about.
- Nice Hat: A ten-gallon hat to go with the cowboy theme.
- Red Baron: "Moulin Rouge" before joining Fairy Tail.
- Reformed Criminal: Was an outlaw until Erza beat some sense into her and invited her to join Fairy Tail.
- Shipper on Deck: Both she and Alzack like to watch how Juvia and Gray's relationship will turn out.
- Twice Shy: With Alzack.
- Wave Motion Gun: Wields the magical convergence cannon, Jupiter, by the time of the Albareth Empire arc, and to great effect.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: She has green-colored hair.
Jet & Droy
Jet & Droy
Jet is voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), Kyoko Namekawa (JP - young), Michael Chinnici (EN; Season 1), Corey Cleary-Stoner (EN; Season 2 onwards) Droy is voiced by: Daisuke Endou (JP), Natsue Sasamoto (JP - young), Z Charles Bolton (EN)
Two members of Fairy Tail's Shadow Gear team alongside Levy McGarden, on whom they both have a one-sided crush; they follow her around everywhere. Jet uses High Speed magic to increase his speed, and Droy can uses Plant Magic to grow magic plants.
- Always Someone Better: Jet's quite shocked that Racer was once able to defeat him in a contest of speed.
- Butt Monkeys: They can never seem to get Levy's attention romantically.
- Dogged Nice Guys: Towards Levy who either doesn't notice or ignores it.
- Fat and Skinny: Post-Time Skip, Jet is the Skinny and Droy is the Fat. Ironically, Droy is slightly lankier than Jet pre-Time Skip.
- Formerly Fit: Droy gets really fat after the Time Skip.
- Green Thumb: Droy.
- Hopeless Suitors: Levy never returns their advances.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Despite their feelings for Levy, Jet and Droy are aware that she likes Gajeel and are willing to move on if it makes her happy.
- Love Triangle: Both Jet and Droy are in love with Levy, but she's rejected them both.
- Nice Hat: Jet before the Time Skip.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: They beat up Gajeel after he joins Fairy Tail for attacking them in the Phantom Lord arc. They then realize he's holding back as his own way of making up for what he did, and stop their assault.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Jet, whose real name is Sarusuke.
- Satellite Characters: They're mainly defined by their friendship with/unrequited love of Levy.
- Super Speed: Jet.
- Those Two Guys: Almost always seen together.
- Two Guys and a Girl: With Levy.
Voiced by: Eiji Sekiguchi (JP), Sonny Strait (EN)
A longtime member of the guild who uses Picto Magic, which allows him to bring anything he draws to life. He has a rotund body courtesy of Makarov's magic, but slims down over the Time Skip.
- Art Initiates Life: His entire magic style.
- Cowardly Lion: In the Phantom Lord and Fantasia arcs, he's given important tasks. While he's terrified all the way, and fails both times, he doesn't hesitate to do his best for the guild.
- Formerly Fat: After the Time Skip.
- Funny Afro: Pre Time Skip.
- It's All My Fault: Blames himself for Lucy's capture in the Phantom Lord arc because he failed to protect her from Gajeel.
- Lovable Coward: He hesitates to go out and fight in the Fantasia arc because he's scared of Laxus. It works to Makarov's advantage when he tasks him with finding Porlyuscia in order to restore the petrified girls to normal, but unfortunately, Fried prepared for this, preventing him from leaving town with a Jutsu-Shiki and quickly defeating him.
- Nice Guy: So nice, in fact, that he worries about his drawings being too tired if he has them "standing" for too long as he's painting them.
- Nice Hat: A nice top hat.
- Shrinking Violet: A very shy man who dislikes fighting and would rather draw portraits of the various guild members. He will fight to defend the guild though.
- Squishy Wizard: He doesn't take many hits before going down in a fight.
Voiced by: Daisuke Endou (JP), Mike McFarland (EN)
A wizard resembling a Native American who often lounges around in front of the guild's job request board rather than actually going out to work. His Animal Possession, a form of Seith Magic, allows him to augment his own skills with the spirits of animals.
- Beast Man: He uses animal spirits.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He never takes a job during the entirety of the series, even after the seven-year Time Skip.
- Facial Markings: To go with the tribal shaman look he has.
- Formerly Fit: Nowhere near as obvious as Droy, but he's definitely developed a beer-gut over the Time Skip where previously, it was all muscle.
- Powers via Possession: It's different from the Take Over magic that the Strauss family uses.
Voiced by: Daisuke Kageura (JP), Gregory Lush (EN)
A wizard whose magic Telepathy lets him converse with others mind-to-mind.
- Chekhov's Skill: Gray gets Warren to use his telepathic powers to gather everyone together and destroy Laxus' Thunder Palace in the Fighting Festival arc.
- Did Not See That Coming: Warren set up a radar system in order to see Albareth coming. He didn't expect them to send a fleet of airships and drop down right on top of them, rendering a radar system moot.
- Expy: Of Branch from Rave Master in terms of appearance.
- Lolicon: His reaction to Wendy in a dress.
- Mission Control: Used to link other Fairy Tail members via his telepatic powers briefly during Fighting Festival arc, then became one after time skip, especially during Key to the Starry Sky arc.
- Oh, Crap!: In the Fantasia arc, when he learns that Max is still mad about losing to him, and the same goes with some of the others who had to fight each other.
- Power Incontinence: During the Tartaros Chapter arc, he accidentally shares his thoughts with his guild mates upon seeing Wendy's haircut.
- Straight Man: He might be the most serious man in the guild.
- Telepathy: His entire magic, which is useful for his Mission Control job.
- Why Did It Have to Be Heights?
Voiced by: Eiji Sekiguchi (JP), Tyler Walker (EN)
A wizard whose magic Dancer increases his evasiveness and the power of his allies.
Voiced by: Yuichi Iguchi (JP), Shelton Windham (EN; Seasons 1-2), Eric Cherry (EN; Season 3 onwards)
A wizard who is in charge of most of the guild's social activities, given his love for talking to people. He uses Sand Magic.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: For a few episodes in the anime, he has black/brown hair, which suddenly reverts back to blonde.
- Ass Shove: After the standard Fairy Tail reunion brawl. He always winds up with a mop/broom sticking out of his hindquarters.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Laki in the Key of the Starry Heavens arc.
- Can't Hold His Liquor
- Dishing Out Dirt: He uses sand magic.
- Expy: Post-Time Skip, he looks quite a lot like Sanji.
- Loners Are Freaks: His backstory. His lively personality now makes up for it.
- Perma-Stubble: Post-Time Skip.
- Straight Man: Along with Warren.
- Took a Level in Badass: After the Time Skip, he can fight on par with Natsu before he gets a Power-Up.
- Waistcoat of Style: After the Time Skip.
Voiced by: Ikumi Hayama (JP), Apphia Yu (EN)
A wizard who uses Wood-Make Magic, similar to Gray's Ice Magic. She has a strange way of speaking.
- Action Girl: Like all females in the guild. Justified as she's had some awesome Back-to-Back Badasses moments with other members.
- Ascended Extra: In the anime-only Key of the Starry Sky arc, though not to the extent of Kinana.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Max and, later, Gildarts in the Key of the Starry Sky arc.
- Badass Cape: Post-Time Skip.
- Brains and Bondage: Perhaps the nicest of this trope, Laki has various torture devices in her room.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She refers to sleeping as "whittling away the defenseless hours" and several other weird sayings.
- Giver of WTF Names: Her spells, "Dam of Shy Love" and "The Distance Between the Two Is Forever," just to name a few. Lampshaded in the anime."What the heck is that supposed to mean, lady?!"
- Green Thumb: A maker wizard like Gray who uses wood instead of ice.
- Hair Decorations: Has a red bow in her hair.
- Important Haircut: Laki "chops her hair" to a bob sometime before the Fighting Festival arc.
- Ms. Fanservice: Especially after the Time Skip, as we see Blue Pegasus' Trimens wooing her.
- Mundane Utility: She wants to be a carpenter.
- Nightmare Fetishist: If her room if any indication.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Exaggerated with her first spells seen in the anime, with the wood forming things like saws, scythes, limbs, hammers, poles and god-know-what else...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has lavender-colored hair.
Voiced by: Natsue Sasamoto (JP), Lara Woodhull, Lindsay Seidel (as Cubelios) (EN)
A young girl who joins Fairy Tail as a waitress. She used to be Cobra of Oración Seis' pet snake, Cubellios, who was turned into a snake many years ago by an evil wizard. After Oración Seis falls to Natsu and friends, Makarov finds her and transforms her back into a human. She doesn't have any memory of her past, and only occasionally hears someone's voice calling out to her in her dreams.
- Adaptation Expansion: Her backstory is worked into the plot of the anime-exclusive Key of the Starry Heavens arc. She even briefly reunites with Cobra before he is arrested.
- She also refers to Cobra as "Erik" during the Grand Magic Games arc of the anime. In the Manga, his true name isn't revealed until the Tartarus Arc.
- All There in the Manual: Where just about everything we know of her comes from.
- Ascended Extra: She was originally just a throwaway character put in one of the bonus profiles in Volume 21 of the manga as a joke by Mashima. Then she started making appearances in the anime, and was even given a more or less prominent role in the Key of the Starry Sky arc. To coincide with this, Mashima gradually increased her prominence in the manga from fleeting mentions, to background appearances, and finally to having minor speaking parts.
- Baleful Polymorph: She was cursed by a wizard into becoming a snake.
- Brought Down to Normal: She goes from a flying, highly poisonous snake to a human. Though she is learning magic.
- Green Eyes
- Heel–Face Turn: She was originally a member of Oración Seis as Cubellios. Makarov turns her back into a human, and she comes to work at Fairy Tail as a waitress.
- Hellish Pupils: In the Key of the Starry Sky arc, her eyes become snake-like when she is affected by her Take Over magic.
- Irony: After being Brought Down to Normal, she starts learning Take Over.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She remembers nothing during her time as a snake, except for Cobra's voice.
- Ms. Fanservice: Post-Time Skip, as we see Blue Pegasus' Trimens wooing her and Laki.
- Only Friend: To Cobra.
- Power Incontinence: In the filler, she begins to shift back into her snake form due to her anger at them trying to take Cobra away again.
- Proper Lady: Post-Time Skip.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: With purple hair.
- She Is All Grown Up: Post-Time Skip as her appearance has changed considerably. Kinana now sports longer hair and has grown noticeably taller, additionally her bust has grown in size.
- Shrinking Violet: She's very quiet and mild-mannered. Bonus as she's got purple hair too.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The name of her snake form is frequently misspelled as "Cuberos".
- Verbal Tic: She ends her sentences with -kina before the Time Skip.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: She has violet-colored hair.
Voiced by:' Daisuke Namikawa (JP), Robert McCollum (EN), Terri Doty (EN - young)
Introduced as one of the guild's most powerful members, as well as its most mysterious, he refuses to let anyone see his face. He uses magic staves to create Layered Magic Circles. He is actually the prince of Edolas, and is that universe's counterpart of Erza's former childhood friend Jellal. He has since left the guild to become the King of Edolas.
- Alternate Self: To Jellal.
- Badass Cape: To hide his appearance.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Wendy.
- Blow You Away: Though his is more of a soft air magic used for support and utility rather than attacking.
- The Comically Serious: "Can I have another apple?"
- Dark is Not Evil: Despite putting people to sleep when he comes to the guild, which is somewhat shady, this is ironically true, Mystogan has only appeared during the series when he was most needed by the heroes.
- Fluffy the Terrible: His name's been romanized as "Mist Gun" before. He sounds like he specializes in plant watering magic. And he happens to be the gardener in the OVA that wields said mist guns.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Puts everyone to sleep when he comes to collect a job. Understandable, considering he shares the face of a known terrorist in Earth-land.
- I Let You Win: Fails to take down Faust so he can focus on saving Panther Lily.
- Informed Ability: He is one of the most powerful wizards in the series, but never gets to show off his full power, even in his fight against Laxus during the Fantasia arc. The only sign of his power is during the Phantom Lord arc, where he takes out all of Phantom Lord's subdivisions off-screen. The fact that Laxus of all people thought only Mystogan could match him says a lot.
- More of his magic is demonstrated when his Earth-land counterpart Jellal disguises himself as him in the Grand Magic Games. Judging by what is shown, he's at least on par with Jura (post-Time Skip), one of the Ten Wizard Saints. To give a rough sketch of his power, Jura is the fifth strongest of the ten.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: He's fully capable of fighting without his staves and contended with Natsu in just a hand to hand fight.
- Magic Staff: In his youth he simply carried one. But as an S Class in Fairy Tail, he uses five different staves. It seems different spells can be used depending on the number of staves used.
- Mask Power: To cover his face, which he shares with the criminal Jellal.
- Master of Illusion: He uses a variety of illusions, including sleep magic and the Skyscraper spell.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Destroys all of Phantom Lord's sub-bases on his own.
- Put on a Bus: Becomes the king of Edolas.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: He's the blue to Laxus' red.
- Shrinking Violet: According to Wendy he is actually a rather nice person, but is reluctant to remove his mask or freely communicate without a good reason, the few male examples in the series.
- Super Smoke: He can change himself into mist to evade attacks and seemingly for travel.
- The Quiet One: Part of his mysterious nature to the point of looking very intimidating.
- Tomato Surprise: Just getting a look at his face, which is identical to Jellal's, is a huge shock until the Edolas arc explains who he really is.
- Warrior Prince: The prince of Edolas who is able to match Laxus in a fight.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: A nicer one than Earth-land's Jellal, but his solution to Edolas' crisis is to drain Edolas of its magical power and subsume it into Earth-land.
- Zero-Approval Gambit: His intention for getting rid of the magic in Edolas is to pass himself off as a villain for all of Edolas to unite against, and then have his friend Panther Lily kill him. It's subverted, however, since neither of them have the heart to needlessly sacrifice the other, so Natsu and his friends take the fall instead.
- Bald of Awesome: Mikuni Sin.
- Cool Shades: Wan Chanji.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Tono Rabbits may count.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All members of Fairy Tail are said to have this, for different reasons.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Chico.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Mikuni Sin.
- Gender-Blender Name: Chico and Joy Fullbun.
- Heroic Build: Joy Fullbun.
- Light 'em Up: Tono Rabbits.
- Lucky Charms Title: Chico C. Hammitt
- Put on a Bus: Most of the guild members leave Fairy Tail after the Time Skip.
- Nice Hat: Chico.
- The Quiet One: Wan Chanji. At one time he never spoke for more than an hour's time in a whole year.
- Red Baron: "Demon Princess" Mickey Chickentiger, who has a bird named Pii-chan, which functions as her Head Pet.
- Soul Power: Chico's Legend of the City allows her to use the wandering ghosts in Magnolia.note
- Status Buff: Joy Fullbun's Muscle Speak magic, which increases the physical strength of his allies as long as he is strong himself.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Joy Fullbun.