Creator: Austin Tindle
Austin Tindle is an American voice actor for FUNimation. Starting in 2012, Austin has steadily gained greater prominence as he began taking on more major roles like Ayumu Aikawa and Accelerator. He is perhaps best known for his role as Shu Ouma in Guilty Crown. Austin tends to play young men, especially heroic ones.His Japanese counterparts are either Nobuhiko Okamoto or Ryota Ohsaka. His Los Angeles counterparts are Orion Acaba, Dave Wittenberg, Johnny Yong Bosch, David Vincent, Erik Kimerer, Sean Chiplock, and Todd Haberkorn (who also still does some work in Dallas for FUNimation). He's also the Dallas counterpart to Houston's Blake Shepard (who is considered to be the Houston counterpart to Nobuhiko Okamoto) and Illich Guardiola, and the Dallas counterpart to Canada's Brad Swaile and Brian Drummond.
Notable roles by Austin Tindle:
- Assassination Classroom - Karma Akabane (one of two roles shared with Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Attack on Titan - Marco Bott
- Axis Powers Hetalia - Seborga
- Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts - Shunpei Natsukawa
- Ben-To - Yo Satou
- A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun - Accelerator (one of two roles shared with Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Deadman Wonderland - Wakabayashi
- Fairy Tail - Alzack Connell
- Fractale - Gowan
- Guilty Crown - Shu Ouma
- High School D×D - Vali Lucifer
- Is This a Zombie? - Ayumu Aikawa
- Maken-ki! - Manga Club President
- One Piece (2004) - Young Iceberg
- Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Kazuma Morisato
- Sgt. Frog - Viper
- Shangri-La - Kunihito Kusanagi
- Tokyo Ghoul - Ken Kaneki
- Toriko - Smile
Tropes associated with Austin:
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: His roles lean towards young men, especially kind-hearted/heroic ones.
- Playing Against Type: Accelerator, the angsty, Ax-Crazy Anti-Hero. Also the similarly Ax-Crazy but slightly toned down and more heroic Karma. Vali Lucifer, who is a cold-hearted Blood Knight, also counts.
- Spiritual Successor: Given the comparable vocal range and the type of characters they're casted into, Austin, alongside with Micah Solusod, is this to Todd Haberkorn. At times his voice also sounds eerily similar to that of Funimation veteran Jerry Jewell and Eric Vale.