- "Ladies and fricks, my name is Chadtronic, and I'm here today to show you TvTropes!"
Chadtronic is a YouTube channel created by Chad Bergström. His channels contain reaction videos, toy videos, Let's Plays, and occasional gaming videos.
Among the various things Chad has showcased in his videos are retro TV commercials, old training videos, unusual news reports of the overreacting Moral Guardians side which he names "PARENTS UPSET OVER [TOPIC]", SammyClassicSonicFan's rant videos, and strange toys.
A steadily rising star in the YouTube community, Chadtronic has attracted a number of fans because of the unusual things he digs up and his entertaining reactions to them.
Check out his channel here. You can also check out his alternate account for his Let's Plays, trading-card unboxings, and other gaming-related videos, as well as his third channel "Yojoyco", a YouTube channel for his eponymous indie media company.
Chad and Yojoyco are also the minds behind the indie video game Poglings, a Spiritual Successor to the Chao Gardens in Sonic Adventure 2 featuring small cuddly dragon-like creatures. The game's Kickstarter amassed $432,401 and is projected to release in 2024.
You're reading Chadtronic! *splat*:
- Accidental Nightmare Fuel:
- Chad's opinion of McDonald's older advertising lies along the lines of this, particularly the Ronald McDonald doll offered in one ad.
- Likewise, the infamously Off-Model McDonald's ads from Pakistan. He is clearly disturbed upon seeing the Strawberry Shortcake characters, in particular.
- The graphics in the "Johnny Johnny" video featured in the second "Deep Into YouTube" video were quick to freak Chad out:Chad: We are still not deep enough!
(exits the "portal" to see the eponymous character of the "Johnny Johnny" video)
Chad: Sweet mother of frick, we must go back! This is too far!!
- Ascended Meme: He makes some videos reacting to YouTube Poops of his own content.
- Aside Glance: If he's not laughing or whacking things with his pillow, these will most often be his reactions to ridiculous moments in the videos he watches.
- Brain Bleach: In "Parents Upset Over Animal Jam", he drowns out the thought of the news footage of two animal avatars simulating sex by playing a round of Bop-It.
- Broken Aesop/Clueless Aesop: In-Universe, he will often point out when it feels like some of the educational videos for kids have this for one reason or another.
- Somewhat unsurprisingly, the creepy Ronald McDonald doll (as well as the "Coke in their stocking" bit) from the 70s McDonalds ads makes an encore appearance in the prologue of the Creepy McDonalds Toys video.
- He calls back to the destruction of his copy of Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival in "Parents Upset Over Video Games" when he wonders why someone would buy a game just to destroy it.
- Greg's Training Montage includes door-basketball, kazoo, Bop-It, Cooking with Cheftronic, and NES pillow-beating.
- Catchphrase: Started adopting "ladies and fricks" after the SammyClassicSonicFan videos.
- Catharsis Factor: He himself participates in it when whacking things with his pillow after some stranger or more maddening moments in the videos he sees.
- Companion Cube: He is often seen with a pillow with a pattern based on an NES controller.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Chad's character being both an Keet and an Manchild, he can be shown to be an rather, comedic and hilarious oddball when either scripted or in his fun-loving side in his videos as well.
- Cringe Comedy: Most of the videos he reacts to, though Chad partakes in it himself on occasion.
- Crossover: During one of PeanutButterGamer's Zelda Months, Chad and PBG switched video formats (so that Chad played games instead of reacting to things while Peebs did the opposite) and appeared in each other's videos.
- Deadpan Snarker: Chad has a sarcastic side that can emerge, most frequently in cases of Narm. And can sometimes tend to show this in a Cuckoo Snarker way when in his more passionate side of his usual Manchildish nature in Chad's videos.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Chad and Ian find the bad-behavior examples in "Customers First" to be very entertaining and a possible motive to shop at a place with such sassy and passive-aggressive cashiers.
- Don't Try This at Home: He cautions his viewers against eating expired food in the episode covering the 2012 Twinkie Gold Rush, as he himself shows it's nasty and is likely to cause health problems.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: In the second "You on Kazoo" video, Chad expresses disappointment that of all the kids who returned for the video, Johnathan wasn't one of them.
- Felony Misdemeanor: One "Parents Upset Over X" video (although to their credit both featured stories are rare examples that let viewers at home draw their own conclusion) features two separate stories of a little boy and girl (the latter of which was only five) being suspended for bringing in a Beyblade and bubble gun respectively. To make it even more stupid, the first story didn't even involve pretend gunplay, the kid got suspended for using the wind-up device on the Beyblade to tap a friend on his shoulder. Clearly a blooming psychopath!
- Fight Scene: Near the end of "GIVE THE NINTENDO 2DS A CHANCE", Chadtronic fights Future Combat Warrior Sammy.
- Forced Meme: It's a running joke, as he claims his show is a source of undiscovered memes, and will describe the unusual things he finds accordingly.
- Fun Personified: His lighthearted editing and his character makes him out to be this.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Chad rarely says anything stronger than the word "frick".
- Halloween Episode: Exaggerated with the Cursed Commercials series. On Episode 14, which was released on Halloween, Chad did a Halloween themed episode where he gets sent to a spooky castle and cursed to watch the titular commercials "until the end of time". That isn't an empty threat either, Chad doesn't get out of the castle, resulting in every subsequent Cursed Commercial videos being in Episode 14's Halloween style, essentially making them pseudo Halloween episodes.
- Head Desk: Chad does this mid-way through the infamous "Kids' Guide to the Internet" video over how forced and soulless the kids sound.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Surprisingly, a lot:
- At the start of "Don't Call Me Names", Chad holds sparklers with a kazoo in his mouth to celebrate that he is back. He didn't clearly think it through, though, because the sparklers eventually start to hurt his hands.
- Remember kids, do not throw pillows at your light. Otherwise you'll end up like Chadtronic near the end of the Jake Show video
- At the end of "Parents Upset Over Pokémon GO", Chadtronic parodies SammyClassicSonicFan's Adventure video by finding Pokémon on Pokémon Go but he finds a Dratini and runs all over the place trying to find it.note
- The end of the "Stranger Danger" video features the many failed attempts by Chad to shoot a ball into a toy basketball goal on a door before getting to the shot used at the beginning of the video.
- At the end of "SEGA&SONY KIDNAP NINTENDO", he tips his chair backwards until it falls in his "epic burn" reaction.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: In one video, Chad showcases an extremely old (and somewhat Mind Screw-y) personalized video starring a boy named Jake.
- Hypocritical Humor: During this video Chad expresses bewilderment over kids throwing away or destroying their video games...before showing a clip where Chad did just that to Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival in a previous video.
- Iconic Item: The Nintendo Entertainment System controller pillow, and he briefly attempted to have another one with his stretchy worm toy.
- Inconsistent Dub: Midway through watching the "You On Kazoo" video, Chad realizes that the kids in the video are sometimes having their lines dubbed in by adults.
- Interrupting Meme: Cursed Commercials occasionally features a green-screen of Sam Catania busting through a wall. Episode 21 also adds in "Hoot Wireless".
- Jump Scare:
- The aforementioned Ronald McDonald doll is used for several during the video about McDonald's ads from the 70s.
- Chad was quite startled by Grimace abruptly appearing on the screen during one of the Pakistan McDonald's ads."That was freakin' jump-scare Grimace!!"
- He gets another one in "Schools Are CANCELLING Halloween!" straight from Slappy himself.
- Keet: Just look at him in the page image above! He's quite an energetic guy, this also enhances his aforementioned his Fun Personified Cloud Cuckoolander tendencies as well.
- Ladies and Germs: He often starts his videos with "Ladies and fricks!"
- Large Ham: Big time, both vocally and non-vocally. (Such as when he's tossing his pillow around.)
- Lighter and Softer: Chad typically relies less on swearing and edgy humor than some of his fellow YouTubers, but makes up for it in the general insanity of the videos he watches and his own reactions.
- Limited Wardrobe: His main two outfits are a light blue v-neck t-shirt or a blue shirt under an orange-and-grey plaid button-down. This is lampshaded in "GET HIP DON'T SHOPLIFT", where Chad proves he doesn't wear the same clothes every day...by showing that he has multiple copies of the same ensemble.
- Made of Indestructium: His NES pattern pillow. Chad has delivered an astounding amount of physical violence upon this pillow which has so far shown no sign of wear or damage of any kind.
- Manchild: A self-proclaimed example of this and can also be shown to be a comedic oddball as well. For one example, during the Jake Show video, Chadtronic childishly buys a Sonic the Hedgehog ice-cream.
- Chadtronic: [holding his Sonic ice-cream] Sanic!
- Manipulative Editing: He does some brief YouTube Poop on Sammy at the end of "STOP HATING ON SONIC", which, probably due to the nature of most YTP, showcases the dirtiest humor Chad has ever put into his videos.
- Mondegreen Gag:
- Chad says that he hears "I am a little boy!" when Kitty says "I am a little queen!" in one of the Pakistan McDonald's ads. (And it is pretty easy to hear it that way.)
- This forms the crux of the "controversy" from "PARENTS OFFENDED BY ELMO TOY"; a talking Sesame Street potty training book with rather crappy sound quality leads to "Who has to go?" being mistaken for "Who wants to die?"
- Mood Whiplash:
- At the end of the Super Mario Bros on Ice video when King Koopa was finally defeated and everyone cheering then a clip of Chadtronic sadly ripping out the film tape of the Super Mario Bros on Ice videotape. Then it's subverted when he fails to do so.
- At the end of his banning halloween video he gets a Jump Scare from Slappy the dummy then it cuts to a shot of Slappy in front of a door surrounded by green smoke... then The Stinger has Chad messing around with the Spooky Spookster 2000 like he did at the beginning of the video.
- New Media Are Evil: One recurring segment called "Parents Upset Over X" (later spin-offing into one about schools) features news stories that run on this trope, usually with plenty of Cowboy Be Bop At His Computer. In only one case has Chad ever conceded that they have a point.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: In "Stranger Danger", Chad has to make it clear that he was not responsible for the bizarre composited shot of a puppet with a chair moving sideways up the screen in a scene where it clearly doesn't belong.
- Before ending the "Parents Offended by Elmo Book" video, he tells the viewers that the Elmo book he bought for the video made noises at 3 AM and hardly could sleep because of it, and throughout his story (and even before telling it) he kept saying that it actually happened and it wasn't a "late April Fool's joke".
- Older Than They Look: Despite being in his 30s, he still looks like he just graduated high school. Although he's started to grow a beard as this was shown in some videos, before he shaved to keep his younger looking appearance afront.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business:
Chad: The Chadtronic meme fund is drying up, okay. This [stress ball shaped like a brain] may be the last meme that I can afford to purchase, and I mean that very seriously.
- The opening of "Parents Upset Over YouTube, where Chad weighs in on the (then current) YouTube Advertiser Boycott. Downplayed as Chad does so in a more nuanced version of his usual silly Manchild way, but he makes it clear that he's actually very serious, especially since the boycott is cutting into his own revenue despite his channel being one of the cleaner channels on YouTube.
Chad: If you think I'm not serious about this, maybe this will change your mind: This time, the parents are upset (in dead serious tone) AND THEY'RE RIGHT!!
- The opening of his video on parents being upset over smart toys, as well. For once, Chad actually agrees with the concerned parents that the issue being raised (namely, that smart toys pose a personal security concern) is actually a legitimate one.
Chad: (with no hint of his usual energy) I honestly have no jokes to make about that, that is just horrible. That is probably the most insincere, robotic response I've ever seen to something like that, probably ever. I'm just glad that people got mad about it.
- You can tell that Chad is quite furious during the video on the second Build-a-Bear "Pay-your-Age" promotion after showing a news report on a PR disaster involving Build-a-Bear turning away a family whose six-month-old child had tragically passed away before the promotion ended and wanted to get a stuffed animal to honor the child's memory, followed by them allowing the family anyway after the customer-base reacted in utter fury.
- Poe's Law: He encounters several bizarre articles about the supposed evils of Fortnite, one of them claims that a bunch of women are petitioning to get the game banned in the UK because their boyfriends are "being brainwashed" into playing it in favor of their girlfriends. Considering how outlandish many of the articles on the game have been so far, he can't tell if it's a satirical article or not.
- Portal Door: Chadtronic has a door with a sign reading "WARNING. END OF THE INTERNET. DO NOT OPEN." on it in his room that leads to the weird part of the internet; opening it tends to reveal a weird video or character on the other side. He uses it in both "Deep Into Youtube" videos.
- Running Gag: Invoked by his audience, where his reactions to previous YTP videos are stacked within the next YTP video(s) he reacts to.
- Sanity Slippage:
- Chad was left speechless by Nanalan', to the point where, at the end of the video, he had been reduced to lying on the floor singing the Nanalan theme song off-key.
- Chad is also left scream-laughing in a cringe-induced stupor near the end of the "You On Kazoo" video.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: During his Weird Atari Commercials video, Chad has this reaction upon seeing the christmas commercial for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.Chad: (running away) Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!
- Sensory Abuse: He experiences this at the hands of SammyClassicSonicFan.
- Serious Business: Has made fun of the media circus on the discontinuation of Beanie Babies and Twinkies...both of which were extremely brief.
- The end of "GIVE THE NINTENDO 2DS A CHANCE" (wherein Chad fights off Future Combat Warrior Sammy) heavily resembles the famous fight between The Angry Video Game Nerd and Satan.
- Another Sammy video begins with a scene parodying the rippling water cup from Jurassic Park, right down to the aspect ratio.
- Silent Snarker: Chad will occasionally do this. For example, during the scene in the Xbox Live promo that details muting annoying players, Chad tries it by turning off the video.
- The Stinger: Sometimes includes some of the funnier moments from his reaction sources at the end of the video.
- Stunned Silence: Occasionally this will happen with exceptionally bizarre moments in the things he reacts to, and in some cases, he's just silent, having not even the comprehension to be stunned.
- Take That!:
- In the opening of Sammy's Adventure video, Chadtronic is seen playing Five Nights At Freddy's only to be jumpscared by Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
- Chad makes it pretty clear pretty fast that he does not care for the Minions and gratuitous Toilet Humor during a video about a Minons-themed Operation game.
- He wasn't hesitant to call out Max and Jackson's dad in the news report from "PARENTS UPSET OVER VIDEO GAMES", theorizing that the guy was so obsessed with hiding his bad parenting, he was willing to go to extreme lengths just to hide the fact that he made a mistake. Chad even says that the dad looks like a "complete tool" at one point.
- His "Parents Upset Over Fortnite" video opens with a brief one towards the Sinclair Broadcasting Group, an uber-conservative news media outlet that buys local news to turn them into a Propaganda Machine by making everyone read the same script. Didn't expect that in a Chadtronic video.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: His episode reviewing a report on smart toys potentially harvesting data from children is the one case where he fully agrees with the concerned parents, feeling their worry is completely justified for once.
- Toilet Humor: Used sometimes, such as when he compares some Easy-Bake batter to poop.
- Unfortunate Character Design: He discusses this in "Halloween Safety", when the color is noted as being dangerous for the witch costume, and it's changed to white. Chad immediately notices the unintentional racist connotations of the "safer" costume. He voices similar concerns over the design of the eye cone costumes in the Sega Saturn promo.
- Unfortunate Implications: Chad is quick to question why, in the 9-1-1 safety video, the (puppet) African-American boy is introduced with a shot of him playing basketball.
- Vocal Dissonance: Wraps is a cute baby-sized mummy puppet that sounds like Dr. Claw.