Young Red: I know—I mean, I'm Red.
Young Blue: My name's Blue. No matter what happens, I promise, I will always be your friend.
Young Red: I know, cuz I'm AWESOME!
It was successfully Kickstarted in July 2012 (raising over $50,000 more than its goal), funding 72 minutes of film duration. It was released in September 2013 for purchase on YouTube, Google Play, Amazon, iTunes, and Mondo Media's website. It was later released in December for DVD and Blu-ray in the USA, and further free public viewing was made available as the film was split into twelve parts and uploaded to YouTube.
The film follows Vitriolic Best Buds Red and Blue as Pink's birthday comes around. Blue wants to give her the most romantic gift he can find, so the Raccoon sends him and Red on a journey to find the Greatest Sword of Destiny. As the reward for bringing the sword to him will be the "best gift ever", this sends them on a journey filled with explosions, chicks, car chases, and evil ninja armies that puts their lives — and their friendship — to the ultimate test.
The film demonstrates the following tropes:
- A Date with Rosie Palms:
- Red mentions how Blue likes to "play with his joystick".
- Earlier, we see Red listening in on what sounds like Blue masturbating, but is actually him knitting a hand towel of Olivia Munn.
- Then he decides to jack off, but the scene cuts away.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Blue once mentions how he caught Red beating off to, of all things, Animal Planet. —>"That was one time! You're just racist against elephants!"
- The Alcoholic: Red, Stacey, and Col. Crookygrin.
- Alien Blood: Ocho Muerte's blood is green.
- Archnemesis Dad: Lord Takagami was the Raccoon's dad the whole time.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: In this case, the 50-foot Ocho Muerte.
- Badass Biker: Red's got some motorcycle skills.
- Big Damn Movie: Undoubtedly has a more intense, actionized plot than the normal fare of the show.
- Big "NO!": Red does two after he realizes the island he and Blue left was either Boobie Island or Burrito Island.
- Big Word Shout: "IMPOSSIBRRUUUUUUUUUUU!"
- Big "WHAT?!": Blue when he finds out that Red only saved him from the bullies to impress the chicks.
- Bilingual Bonus: The two words on Lord Tachigami's helmet literally translates to "Irrigation" (according to the comments, it means "douche"). Also, the word on the Great Sword of Destiny translates to "life" or "destiny" depending on how you read it.
- Book-Ends: Near the start of the movie, Young Red says "Cuz I'm awesome!" and he and Young Blue high-five. The older versions of them do the same at the end, this time with Red saying "Cuz we're awesome!"
- Butt-Monkey: Red still ends up dragging Blue into parties and other stuff against his will.
- Broseph remembers Red as the Freshman 15 guy who banged fifteen freshmen chicks in college. Cue snippet from video with Red banging his first four chicks.
- Also, the Ocho Muerte is back. It's way bigger now, and it's got one hell of a set of teeth.
- During the scene at the sushi restaurant, the Golden Lotus Dragon ninjas from "Kung Fu Winners" can be seen as patrons.
- The entire story behind The Great Sword of Destiny was told by the Raccoon in "Real Dudes Bros Night Man"
- Captain Crash: Captain Crookygrin is an alcoholic pilot who has never landed a plane safely.
- Catchphrase: Red's is, of course, "Cuz I'm AWESOME!"
- Character Development: Red and Blue, big time.
- Chekhov's Skill: Cartwheels. It gets them past two guards on a cargo ship, and Blue uses it to acquire the sword before Ocho Muerte can grab him.
- Cool Sword: The Great Sword of Destiny.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Raccoon. His own father betrays Japan and becomes a demonic warmonger, forcing Raccoon to slay him, his family is eaten alive by his father's pet demon octopus, and in the end, he's blamed entirely for the death and destruction his father caused and is forced to leave Japan in disgrace.
- Disproportionate Retribution: What urges the French police to go after Red and Blue? When they kill one of their mimes.
- Double Entendre: When Red is getting naughty with a French chick, she says she wants to see his "tour eiffel".
- Dramatic Unmask: When Raccoon slices off the mask of Lord Takagami, it is revealed to be Father-san.
- Flipping the Bird: Raccoon does this to Lord Takagami after defeating him.
- Foreshadowing: The Raccoon's family all have same exact voice as him. Lord Takagami also has the same voice as the Raccoon and is later revealed to be his father.
- Genre-Busting: It's an action-comedy with elements of drama, fantasy, and monster.
- Giant Wall of Watery Doom: Blue and Red run into one in the water that knocks both of them out.
- Guns Are Worthless: Inverted, as lots of bad guys use these to try and defeat Red and Blue (they obviously fail to do so), and this is the only reason why Red thinks cops are scarier than demons.
- Gut Punch: Red admitting to Blue that he only saved him from school bullies to impress the girls (not for Blue).
- Heel Realization: Red at the end. He decides to quit being an asshole to Blue.
- Hollywood Tourette's: GUESS. Here's a hint: "Au revoir, MOTHERFUCKER!"
- Hope Spot: When Red, Blue, and Col. Crookygrin crashland their plane in Paris, they just barely miss hitting a mime...and then inch along and run him over.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: How Blue manages to Take a Level in Badass in the final battle. Dude has a degree in Advanced Joystick Studies and he's not afraid to use it!
- I'm a Humanitarian: When Red disguises as a crab in a French restaurant, a French boy and a French cop actually start eating at his hands.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:
- Neptune uses his trident to do this to Trollzor.
- Lord Takagami uses his sword to do this to Col. Dingleberry.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: The bad guys in this movie graduated summa cum laude.
- They failed to hit Red on a motorcycle, even when he was going in a straight direction and was kind of an easy target.
- Improbable Weapon: Lord Tourettes fights a bad guy using...an accordion. It actually works.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Mecha!: There's one in the background fighting a kaiju when Red and Blue go to Japan.
- It's Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Raccoon pronounces Japan as "hah-pahn" instead of "juh-pan".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Red. He is less of an asshole ending the movie than starting, and he actually looks at Blue as a true friend.
- Kaiju: There's one in the background fighting a Humongous Mecha when Red and Blue visit Japan.
- Kiai: Used extensively in the penultimate battle with Lord Takagami.
- Lava Pit: The Takagami Demon Army throws Blue into one, but he is rescued by Red.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Lord Takagami was Raccoon's dad the whole time.
- Man on Fire: Red sets himself on fire while sleeping and tanning. He starts running into the water and then runs into the jungle and sets the whole place ablaze.
- Mood Whiplash: To serious extents after Red and Blue escape the Takagami ninjas temporarily. While they sail away on a boat, after a while Blue realizes that Red had only saved him from the bullies on his first day of school to impress the ladies, and wasn't actually his friend. Blue doesn't take it very lightly.
- More Dakka: Lord Tourettes deploys a minigun from a helicopter and uses it to gun down a lot of enemies.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Ocho Muerte.
- Near-Death Experience: Red and Blue almost drown, Red accidentally sets himself on fire, and they are chased by tons of bad guys with guns.
- No One Could Survive That!: When young Red appears for the first time, we see him crushing young Broseph's skull after having killed him with his initial blast. For some reason, we see older Broseph alive and well later on.
- Precision F-Strike: One of Lord Takagami's last words to Raccoon is "Fuck you."
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "FUCK. YOU!" (Blue to Red)
- The Reveal: Red actually saved Blue from the bullies back in their youth to impress the ladies, not for Blue. And the only reason he's stuck with him throughout the series is because Blue's the only one naive enough to keep putting up with Red's behavior. That means they were never actually "friends" to begin with. Blue is understandably pissed.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Pretty much everyone. As usual, hats go off to Lord Tourettes.
- Scare Chord: After Red and Blue realize that Col. Crookygrin is actually looking for them. Luckily, his alcoholism renders him blind for the time being.
- Shout-Out: Extensively in one of the last fight scenes, as shown here.Blue: HADOKEN!Red: BRUTALITY!Red: BESTIALITY!Blue: Gross!
- Stuff Blowing Up: To a fault during the chase scene.
- Sword Fight: Between Raccoon and Lord Takagami.
- Wham Line:Red: Why do you think I beat up all those bullies back in kindergarten?
Blue: To save my life?
Red: What? No! Dude, I was trying to impress all those chicks.
- With Cat Like Tread: Red and Blue manage to sneak past guards while doing cartwheels, despite being super loud and in plain view.
- Your Mom:Red: How would you have fun without me?Blue: Reading is fun.Red: Your mom's fun! (laughs)
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Raccoon, as one bout of his fury can take out all of Japan. Which it did.