Voiced by: Chizuru Ikewaki (Japanese), Anne Hathaway (English)
An insecure high-school girl who's life takes a strange turn after saving the Prince of a Kingdom full of bipedal, talking cats. The Prince's father, wanting to repay her for her deed, decides to marry Haru to his son and has her whisked away to a kingdom of bipedal talking cats.
- Accidental Marriage: When the King propositions the idea of Haru marrying her son, Haru is too flustered and confused to make any sort of response, which the King takes for a "Yes".
- Adorkable: Haru is very klutzy and awkward, but is also wide-eyed, innocent and very endearing. Given the fact she's voiced by Anne Hathaway, her performance is actually very similar to Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries.
- Extreme Doormat: Haru's Fatal Flaw is her incapacity to be firm or confident enough to stand up for herself. She grows out of it later.
Baron Humbert von Gikkingen
Voiced by: Yoshihiko Hakamada (Japanese), Creator/Cary Elwes (English)
- Big Good: The Baron is one of Haru's most valuable allies who will risk life and limb to get Haru back home.
Voiced by: Tetsu Watanabe (Japanese), Peter Boyle (English), Gudo Hoegel (German), Alberto Mieza (European Spanish)
Voiced by: Tetsurō Tanba (Japanese), Tim Curry (English)
- Big Bad: Of the movie.
- Determinator: Whether its kidnapping Haru and taking her to his kingdom, to chasing her across various puzzles and perils, she will have her marry his son.
- Sanity Slippage: Introduced as laid back, taciturn, and almost lazy, the King becomes more and more unhinged, loud, and obsessed with fulfilling his goals.