- Haru discovering that Yuki is the stray kitten she fed a box of fish crackers to when she was a little girl, and then finding out that Prince Lune is going to marry her. Aww...
- What's more, he uses a box of the same kind of fish crackers which were in the parcel he was getting from the human world in the beginning as a means of proposing to Yuki.
- Muta's progression of his friendship with Haru, culminating in him explicitly stating that he'll back her up against the Cat King.Muta: I respect a woman who stands up for herself! Even if she does like to stick her nose in other people's business. So I, Renaldo Moon, will defend her.
- Prince Lune has only a handful of lines before making his intentions to marry Yuki known, and Yuki herself had only been introduced a couple of scenes before that point. Still, you don't need to know that much about either of them to see how much they love each other.
- The scene where a male cat villager gives his female partner a crown made of flowers was just as touching.
Heartwarming / The Cat Returns