This is the Character page for the March of the Inevitable.
open/close all folders
Abelard and Rainier du Artois
Grail Knight and Ranger
White Wolf Warrior Priest
- An Ice Person: To an extent through his enchanted hammer.
- Animal Motif: Wolf.
- Badass Grandpa
- Bald of Awesome
- The Berserker
- Cool Mask: Made out of the skull of a wolf.
- Drop the Hammer: His Weapon of Choice per being a Warrior Priest of the Knights of the White Wolf.
- Eyepatch of Power: He is blind in one eye, but the look from the other eye is enough to scare you straight.
- Meaningful Name: Albrecht's (along with other similar names) is actually associate with Ulric in-universe of Warhammer.
- Rugged Scar
- Warrior Monk
Travelling Estalian bard and (reluctant) vampire
- The Bard
- Condemned Contestant: He was made into a Tevinter gladiator when he is introduced into the story.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Alejandro has a moral code of never draining mortals dry unless out of self-preservation or out of malice. However, there are some instances that he failed to live up to that code.
- Horror Hunger: He was deprived of blood while captured by the Tevinters and once he is let out into a gladiator ring...
- Hypnotic Eyes: He has one of the Tevinters under his control to help break him out.
- Kiss of the Vampire: He does this to a gladiator.note
- Lightning Bruiser
- Necromancer: All Warhammer Vampires are capable of raising undead minions. Though necromancy is not his forte, Alejandro is planning to do this upon his Tevinter captors.
- Reluctant Monster
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: His brutality is even enough to turn on Numerius Magnus.
- You're Not My Mother: He has issues with his "mother," who was largely responsible for turning him into a vampire.
Annette de Courone
Priestess of the Shallyan Sisterhood
Thane of Karak Kadrin and Clan Drakebeard
- An Axe to Grind: Zharr Zagaz note
- Animal Motif: Dragon.
- Badass Boast: "Is that the best you got!? I've met Grombolgi tougher than you lot!"
Karsten: If I had been trying to kill you, dwarf then only one of us would now be standing.Haakon: And I have a fairly good idea on who that would be.
- After his duel with Karsten:
- Carry a Big Stick: Dron Skaud note .
- Dual Wielding
- Establishing Character Moment: Some mercenaries tries to take him down while he was a asleep before he effortlessly kills them and throws one body with his skull caved in right in front of his surprised comrades.
- Lightning Bruiser
- I Owe You My Life: He was wounded when he landed in Highever and was rescued by the Couslands, and thereby he owes a debt to the Couslands and becoming Aedan's companion.
- Properly Paranoid: He doesn't trust Karsten who decided to help him after she had challenged him in a fight to the death, and promised that he will kill her if she shows any hint of betrayal.
Daemonslayer of Kraka Ornsmotek
- An Axe to Grind
- Death Seeker: Part of being a Slayer. However, he is not ready to die just yet as he need to find his travelling companion. Furthermore, he doesn't like the idea of dying at the hands of a necromancer who may likely reanimate his body and thereby denied him of his place among the Ancestors Hall.
- Establishing Character Moment: Jurgen was standing among dozens of slain Darkspawn when he was founded by Duran.
- Variable-Length Chain: His Weapon of Choice is a chain attached to his axes, which he can harpooned enemies and drag them in for the kill. Also, he can use his target as a makeshift shield AND battering ram.
- Animal Motif: Lion.
- An Axe to Grind: His Weapon of Choice that is chanted with fire magic.
- The Berserker
- Blood Knight: He is a warrior of the White Lions of Chrace and worshiper of Khaine.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord
- Crusading Widower / Heartbroken Badass: His family were killed in a Dark Elf attack which fuels his absolute hatred towards Dark Elves.
- The Dreaded: Feared by both the Templars and Denerim's city guards.
- Fantastic Racism: Against Dark Elves. Period.
- He also has a (sort of) general dislike towards the Wood Elves because he sees most of them as either dissidents or secessionists who do not recognize (in his opinion) the one true sovereignty of the Phoenix Throne, which is explained in the non-crossover story Knight of Khaine: The White Hunter.
- Good Is Not Nice: He has no problems killing mutant babies and Dark Elf children, torturing a spy (and reformed criminal) to death, and using a dead man's entrails as a measuring unit.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Old Master: Mentor to Ehlenien Sunmane and later Kallian.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Just as he prepares to torture Bernard Marqand for information."In my homeland, there is a place called Nagarthye. Also named Shadow Lands, is home to Warriors of Shadows. They fight eternal war against Druchii. They learn many from war with Druchii. Hate, Vengeance, Sacrifice, Murder, Pain, many things. I live with Warriors of Shadows, learn much from them, now YOU learn..."
- Red Baron: The Templars and anyone opposing him referred him as the "Silverite Chevalier."
Lothaire du Gisoreux
Melusine Von Schtauffen
- Blasting It Out of Their Hands: Subverted in Feurlied. Melusine dealt two armed robbers by exploding the gunpowder in their pistols and along with their hands.
- Booze Flamethrower: She splattered a mug of ale on a Templar's head and magically light it on fire.
- Cool Big Sis: Melusine act this way to her brother Diethelm.
- Cultured Badass: Love playhouses and operas.
- Dissonant Serenity: After killing the last Templar by giving him a Boiling Blood spell, she apologized to the really intimidated innkeeper for the mess and then cheerfully asking her companion if he wants something to eat.
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted, as she is rather... calm.
- Flaming Skulls: "The Burning Head" spell.
- Flaming Sword
- Ironic Name: Melusine is the name of a European feminine spirit of fresh waters in sacred springs and rivers.
- Magic Knight
- Playing with Fire: Being a Wizard of the Bright Order.
- Sociopathic Hero: Let's just say that she enjoys being a Battle Wizard.
- Animal Motif: Hawk
- Badass Boast / My Name Is Inigo Montoya: "I am Rahkan-hotep, barbarians! Let justice in Phakth's name be done!"
- Bling of War: Wears a golden armor that he still originally wore when he was alive.
- Badass Long Robe / In the Hood: Has reasons to wear one when around people given that he is an undead.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Horrifying Hero
- I Was Quite a Looker: When he was alive over 5,000 years ago in On Wings of Justice.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: In On Wings of Justice, when he was given order by his high king to bringing slaves and wealth, instead, Rahkan-hotep asked a barbarian tribe of an offer to swear fealty to his king with promise of protection in which they will work the mines, tending farms, building monuments and paying taxes while giving them the option of returning to their homes but be left vulnerable by the Orcs, Beastmen, and Chaos warriors.
- Reluctant Monster: He is an undead Tomb King who just wants to help people, who in turn are afraid of what he is.
- The Big Guy
- The Paladin
- Weapon of Choice: A double edge, flaming glaive.
- Automatic Crossbows
- The Berserker: To a lesser extent.
- Combat Pragmatist: She learns that the important things of decapitating an army is to kill the most distinguishable leader.The Darkspawn leader had practically presented itself to the Engineer whose adventures across the Old World had taught her a few important things about decapitating an army: always kill either the biggest one among a warband, the one in the fancy robes with a staff, the one with the most distinguishable wargear and if a vast majority were warriors wearing face concealing helmets (such as the mighty Chaos Warriors or Knights) then shoot the one who is not wearing a helmet for the ones who often do not wear helmets are most likely some sort of leader.
- When surrounded by golems? Shoot the control rod.
- Disproportionate Retribution: As one of the Warhammer Dwarfs' many hats, she killed the ogres for stealing her pack mule - and the sheer amount of ammunition and explosives it carries, which makes her cause justified. She then planned to cause a cave-in on the ogres' lair.
- The Engineer
- Fantastic Racism: Vanyra generally see humans are stupid and criticize them for going to war over the most minor infractions."...the humans especially are paranoid, superstitious buggers who are always fighting each other for stupid reasons like 'those folk from the next village are worshipping a different god, that lord insulted my honor so we should settle it with war, those fellows are talking with a different accent thus they must be foreign invaders!'"
- Friendly Sniper
- Girls with Guns
- Life Drain: Her sword is enchanted to do this.
- Older Than They Look: She is sixty-three years old, though she is considered young by dwarf standards.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner / Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "You bastards stole from the wrong dwarf!"
- Sword and Gun
- Walking Armory: To be fair, she has her mule to carry her weapons.
- Wrench Wench
- 10-Minute Retirement: Yasmine quit her job as a ranger to take care of her uncle and his inn when her cousin, who worked at the inn, ran off with some girl. That changed when her uncle is murdered by bandits and she is saved by Rahkan-hotep.
- You Can't Go Home Again: She has no answers as to why her family wanted her to leave them. There is one theory that she believe that an enchantress or someone wanted her when she was child. Happens again when her home gets burn down.
Loremaster of Hoeth
- Animal Motif: Birds in general.
- Dance Battler
- Healing Hands
- Magic Knight
- Master Swordsman
- Old Master: Mentor to Solona.
- Shock and Awe
- Weapon of Choice: Uses a great sword called Tempest Fang.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Yransair has a 'Just The Soul' variety and does this to the Templar Ser Wallace after he refused to give the location of Solona's phylactery.
The "God-Marked" / Companions
Nobleman of House Cousland
- Affectionate Nickname: Khorieus refers Kallian as mornah which means "skilled child." Granted that Kallian is seven-teen years old and fully considered an adult, but Khorieus have lived for six centuries and compare to everyone by Kallian's standard are a child to him.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord
- Karmic Thief
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Kallian has feelings for Khorieus, but doesn't actually admit to him and it gets complicate that Khorieus has to return to his world.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Karsten fought Haakon because she deemed him as a Worthy Opponent until she admits defeat and swear an alliance with Haakon and Aedan because (at least) they shared the same enemy with Howe.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Samus Is a Girl: Initially believed to be a huge "manling" until she removed her helmet. Bonus points for her armor being colored red.
- Fridge Brilliance: It makes perfect sense because in Qunari culture a woman capable of and chose to becoming a warrior is considered as a "male".
- Early-Bird Cameo: He first appears as a prisoner taken by slavers until he gets rescue by his companion Kayren.
- Noodle Incident: Her reasons for leaving the Carta involves a botched job of stealing some heirlooms from a Noble House.
Dwarf Royal of House Aeducan
- A Father to His Men
- Alas, Poor Villain: His last thought was of his daughter and grandchild that he will never see.
- Badass Grandpa: He already is a grandfather after learning that his daughter has given birth to his grandchild.
- Cool Sword: Sigismund's Legacy.
- Hero Antagonist
- Inspector Javert
- Knight Templar
- Off with His Head!
- Alas, Poor Villain: Elena admits that she believed Solona Amell was completely innocent and the Templars had unjustly condemned her, but she is sworn under oath to apprehend her. The protagonists including Solona are surprised by her generosity, but they had to kill her because she is a threat that will never give up.
- Hero Antagonist
- Knight Templar
- Last Request: Asking the High Elves what are they.
- Token Good Teammate: Elena is surprisingly tolerant of other non-human races and mages in general.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Khorieus' interrogation combined with his experiences fighting alongside with the Shadow Warriors results in Bernard having his eyes gouged out, tongue cut out, throat cut, castrated, fingers bent and mutilated, legs blackened with frostbite, and his organs and entrails are gutted and also mutilated.
- He Knows Too Much: He would have remain alive with minor maiming if he hadn't let slip to Khorieus that he knows that the High Elf was living with Kallian and her family.
- I Have a Family: He has a wife and child waiting in Amaranthine.
- Reformed Criminal
- An Arm and a Leg: He loses his hands and legs to Yransair.
- And I Must Scream: Yransair has his soul ripped from his body and put inside an Endstone.
- Empty Shell: After his soul was taken away by Yransair, he is basically a crippled, drooling vegetable once his fellow Templars found what's left of him.
- Knight Templar: His refusal to reconsider abandoning of his pursuit of Solona got him into his current predicament.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Averted. Yransair nearly forgot about Luthias' soul that he is carrying with him and decided to use it to power a Purple Sun of Xereus.
- Depraved Homosexual: Numerius has some "thoughts" about Alejandro.
- Aesop Amnesia: He is quick to realize that Vanyra is sniping his Alphas and Emissaries, and immediately throw away his headdress so he cannot be identified. But when he believes that Vanyra is dead...
- Anticlimax Boss
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Bad Boss / The Neidermeyer: The Darkspawn do not tolerate failures. The Vanguard has the sole surviving Genlock cleaved in half and then later sentencing two Shrieks by having their skulls crushed by an Ogre because they are severely underestimated by Vanyra.
- Boom, Headshot!: Courtesy of Vanyra. With a grenade launching blunderbuss.
- Glory Hound: His goal is to become one of the Archdemon's favorites and wouldn't tolerate anything that could impede his success.
- Pragmatic Villainy: He has enough common sense to reign his anger on some of his minions, who failed/disappoint him, by having them being sent in as frontline cannon fodders instead of usually executing them outright.
- Surrounded by Idiots: What he see in his soldiers, especially when seeing his soldiers getting killed and outwit by Vanyra.