Magical Sempai has a small cast, with characters being introduced fairly slowly in the first couple of volumes, but that doesn't mean there aren't multiple recurring characters.
Voice by: Aoi Ichikawa
The protagonist. Although he just joined the magic club to fulfill the school's requirements and has no personal interest in stage magic, hes much more competent than the president.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Never known as anything other than "the Assistant".
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Sometimes when Sempai flubs a trick he tries to do it himself. He pulls it off perfectly each time.
- Lovely Assistant: Described as this by Sempai, but if Sempai were his assistant shed fit the role much better, especially considering how much more competent he is.
- Only Sane Man: Most often he ends up playing this role to all the lunatics around them.
- This Loser Is You: He's somewhat of an antisocial pervert who would prefer to stay at home and play video games rather than join a club or participate in extracurricular activities. Regardless, he's probably the most normal member of the cast, although this isnt saying much.
Voiced by: Kaede Hondo
The heroine. She looks to continue the legacy of the magic club that she was a part of before all of the other members graduated. However, thanks to her stage fright, that will be difficult...
- Butt-Monkey: If anything bad and/or humiliating happens (most of times due her clumsiness), odds are that she ends getting the short end of the stick.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Part of why she's such a bad magician. She's incredibly clumsy, so she ends up failing her magic tricks and embarrassing herself.
- Performance Anxiety: This is why shes such a bad magician. When no one is watching (or when she thinks that no one is watching) she pulls off each trick. When she has an audience, she flubs everything.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: She's a frequent victim of this, thanks to flubbing her magic tricks.
- Sleepy Head: Can sleep anywhere. If it takes Sempai 3 minutes to fall to sleep, it was hard for her to sleep that night.
- Supreme Chef: Downplayed. Apparently the cookies she bakes are pretty good. Unfortunately she gimmicks them, so the rest of the magic club nearly ends up choking on strings.
- Sweet Tooth: Sempais favorite foods are sweets and sweet-tasting curry.
- Weak-Willed: Realistic version. In real life, the people who are most susceptible to hypnosis are those who are easily suggestible in other words, stupid enough to be fooled by the trick. Sempai is none too bright, so it was too easy for the Assistant to hypnotize her-he ends up forcing her to do some pretty lewd things before realizing when he was done that he couldn't snap her out of it.
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
A gyaru who joins the magic club in an attempt to transform it into a street performance club. Obsessed with her younger brother Masashi-kun.
- Big Breast Pride: She introduces herself to the Assistant by asking if he likes big boobs. Later on, when the Assistant seems to be feeling rejected, she notes that she's the same size.
- Chubby Chaser: Shes obsessed with her brother Ma-kun and describes him as attractive. Not only is he fat, hes downright plain.
- Gyaru Girl: Shes a kogal. Explicitly noted to wear makeup and colored contacts.
- Lethal Chef: Shes terrible at baking; the cookies she makes are compared to charcoal.
Voiced by: Daisuke NamikawaSaki-chans younger brother. Fat and not as good at street performing as her sister.
- Always Someone Better: Has this sort of relationship with his sister. Saki-chan actually took up street performing because Ma-kun was interested in it. She quickly became better at it than he ever was.
- Satellite Character: In spite of being a recurring character, he has very little personality and exists more or less for Saki-chan to fawn over. In the notes for chapter 42 its noted that they had a lot of detail on him, but found it excessive and so they cut it out.
Voiced by: Himika Akaneya
Sempais loving older sister and the Assistants childish homeroom teacher.
- Christmas Cake: Averted. Shes married. That said, she certainly feels old, in spite of only being 25. She notes that the difference between being 17 and being 25 is huge.
- Cool Big Sis: Shes introduced as Sempais big sister, though Sempai is often embarrassed by her.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Shes into it. Sempai borrowed her Playboy Bunny outfit from her, and she has other outfits just like it.
- The Gadfly: She loves teasing her sister.
- Sensei-chan: A classic example of the archetype.