This is the Character page for the cast.
- Child Prodigy: All sixteen of them were accepted into Hope's Peak Academy for their skills in their respective fields.
- Dwindling Party: Natural, since they are placed in a killing game, and even more with the first two motives, requiring that people kill, lest the others die.
- Deadly Game: It's a Danganronpa roleplay. Of course, it is going to be one of these.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: And boy is this trope in full effect. Almost all of these kids have some hatred or grudge against another, and almost every day there is guaranteed an argument or fight due to their clashing personalities, which isn't getting any better as the numbers drop. This eventually comes to its head at the end of the fourth trial and loss of three more of the group, leaves the group pretty fractured and, aside from at least Mei, it's clear all trust and kinship has been thrown out of the window, especially in regards with students, like Viola.
Ultimate Flower Arranger
- The Cutie
- Genki Girl
- Kill the Cutie: Is murdered in the third chapter.
- Stuffedintothe Fridge: Or in her case a locker.
- Eye Scream: When Yumiko attacked her with the teacup.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She sacrificed herself to free her beloved boyfriend, Sora, from being trapped in the pool at the end of Chapter 2.
- The Lost Lenore: To Sora.
- Self-Sacrifice Scheme
- Senseless Sacrifice: Sadly, turns out to be the case as Sora murders Ayame and is executed in the very next chapter.
Ultimate Graffiti Artist
- Action Girl
- Action Girlfriend
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Occasionally says things that can easily be twisted into groan-inducing Double Entendre jokes by Harri.
- Reclusive Artist: She spent most of Chapter 1 in the Storage Room.
- Stuffed in the Fridge: Her corpse was found stuffed into an oven by the remaining girls and later Harri.
- Super Drowning Skills: In Chapter 2, it was revealed she couldn't swim. During her first swim lesson with Harri, as soon as she stopped kicking her legs, she ended up sinking like a rock. Thankfully, she was rescued and revived by Harri (after a flat out You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!)
Ultimate Decorative Chef
- All-Loving Hero
- Breakthe Cutie: This has happened several times but she manages to recover for a short while, only to be broken again...
- Cuddle Bug: She loves hugs and loves giving them, especially to cheer someone up!
- The Cutie
- Claustrophobia: She has a crippling fear of being in a tiny room with the door shut. She can handle it if the door is open though, leading to her leaving doors open often—a very unsafe thing to do in a killing game.
- Evil Me Scares Me: Posi-Mei to Nega-Mei.
- In Vino Veritas: When Mei consumes sugar, her personality inverts and she also speaks honestly, though opposite. You have to read between the lines.
- Intoxication Ensues: Sugar.
- It's All My Fault: Mei is this for what happened to her parents years ago. Also blamed herself for upsetting Ludger.
- Mirror Morality Machine: This happens when Mei ingests pure sugar. She becomes a morally, mentally, and emotionally opposite version of herself, lovingly nicknamed Nega-Mei.
- Must Make Amends: After Nega-Mei went on a rampage, the next day, she went around apologizing to everyone—ultimately setting things right with Ludger too.
- The Pollyanna: She lost her parents when she was younger, went through several hardships in life to get where she is, only to land in Hope's Peak Acadamy's Mutual Killing Game. From there, she continued to look on the brighter side of things anyway. After Ludger drugged her to tell the truth because he thought his trust was betrayed and she was left alone to suffer—nearly resulting in her death—in the end, she was still optimistic about making up with him and everything turning out ok in the end.
- Sheep in Sheep's Clothing: Sora accused her and tore into her during the Chapter 2 class trial, blaming her for Bin's death even though it was revealed she wasn't responsible and was really just trying to protect everyone.
- Shipper on Deck: Emrri! Heck, she witnessed it first hand and became an absolute fangirl.
- Tender Tears: She could fill buckets with her tears.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Younger Than They Look: She looks and often acts pretty young, but she's actually one of the oldest of the entire cast—eighteen years old!
- Beneath the Mask: Minako appeared to be a childish teenager that loves candy and dolls, but it was revealed to some characters that she hides a cold and manipulative side. and murderous as well, having killed Hiroshi by trapping him in the sauna.
- Bitchin Sheeps Clothing: Minako was in a relationship with Shinji. They spent almost every single day together, supporting and helping each other, but it was revealed that her feelings toward him were fake and she never felt anything for him. She was just using him as a toy and revealed her desire to ruin him and to watch him drown in despair.
- Multicolored Hair: A pastel fanatic can't let her clothes be the only pastel thing around her.
- The Fake Cutie
- The Sociopath: Minako is a cold and manipulative bitch that doesn't care about the emotions of others and enjoys playing around with them like dolls, clearly showing lack of any sympathy for others and only caring about her own good, even going as far as to creating a false relationship with Shinji to get the thrill of watching him suffer as he is easily manipulated.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Minako is an extreme sado-masochistic. That's clearly shown by her unusual and extreme needle fetish and general love of sharp objects. She enjoys even the most extreme punishment and physical violence towards her—and others.
Ultimate RepairwomanA German girl with a penchant for repair, music boxes, and surprisingly enough, philosophy. She claims to be Ludger Wakahisa's number 1 fan and boasts having a copy of every book he's ever published.
- Ambiguously Christian
- Chairman of the Brawl: Whenever there's a fight around, Viola's bound to throw at least one chair at someone.
- Despair Event Horizon: A mixture of finding Ludger's dead body and witnessing Mei's breakdown right after completely broke her.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Statuesque Stunner
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl
- Undying Loyalty: To Ludger, she's the biggest fan of his philosophy books, and doesn't hesitate to do whatever he says and would do anything to protect him (despite the fact that feeling is not mutual). This also extends to Mei as well.
- Unstoppable Rage: After Sora and Minako get away with their murders in the Bad End AU of the third trial, Viola completely snaps from a mix of Ludger's and Mei's imminent deaths, Sora's taunts to Mei during the trial, and using the life Bin gave to save him to kill someone. This results in Viola attacking Sora and managing to drag him to the floor to choke him to death despite his attempts to stop her. She ends up mutilating his body after his death.
- Alpha Bitch
- Cute Bruiser
- Disproportionate Retribution: Say, did you leave your door open? Stupid move, considering the fact you're in a killing game, right? However, in this case, perhaps molesting one person and forcing the other to streak in front of their peers is a tad too much???
- Enemy Mine: As of the fourth trial, she and Harri (both of which differ vastly in terms of ideals and morals) found common ground in regards to holding utter contempt for a despairified Viola.
- Hates Being Touched
- Heart Beat-Down
- Love Freak: Subverted a bit as she IS charismatic and she IS NOT naive or lacking of common sense.
- Mama Bear: Despite what some of the cast think of her, she does look out for her own team.
- The Matchmaker
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She's nearly the shortest/tiniest of all the girls, yet she's extremely strong. She even took down Harri—who is nearly a whole foot over her height and far outside her weight class.
- The Power of Love
- Sweet Tooth
- The Alcoholic: His goals in the school are basically this: Find a way to escape, Murder Mastermind, acquire 'booze.' Guess which ones take priority first?
- The Barber
- Berserk Button: Emma—even so much as speaking of harming her and you're in trouble...
- Big Brother Mentor: He is this to mostly Mei but also some other members of the cast.
- Despair Event Horizon: After Emma is found to be killed he breaks down and following the trial is now completely apathetic to the situation there in.
- Double Entendre: Harri is the king of these.
- Enemy Mine: After the fourth trial (and subsequent breakdown), Harri and Yumi had since found common ground in their hate for the despairified Viola.
- Gentle Giant
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Said often.
- Out of Character Is Serious Business: One of Harri's defining traits is his Bronx accent. However, when he does become serious he has a tendency to completely drop it to show point how dire the topic is at hand (though whether it is fake or something he has control naturally is never explained). As of the fourth trial he has completely abadoned speaking like it, aside from one occasion, to insult Viola.
- Rage Breaking Point: At least he tries.
- Scary Teeth
- Team Dad: While naturally aggressive and pretty outlandish at times, Harri does care deeply for his friends and tries his best to look out for them, especially for the younger or less mature students, i.e. Shinji.
- Unstoppable Rage: Just don't get him angry.
- The Fettered
- Gentle Giant
- Just Following Orders: This proves to work in Yumiko's favor to stay in power as all it took to get him to vote for her was to simply ask.
- Sauna of Death: Is found dead in the school's sauna having been trapped in it by Minako.
Ultimate Antique Dealer
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Stole Harri's scissors after their brawl way back in chapter one as a means to defend himself. Cue chapter five and the scissors are used to cut him to piece and back.
- Small Name,Big Ego: Believes that he is among the most smart and cunning of the students, in reality he tends to hold the other students back in investigations and trials and often contributes nothing too.
- The Ditz
- Took a Level in Dumbass: During the second trial, he somehow had forgotten he was trapped in the pool with all the other boys, even going so far as to suggest Sora was the culprit....despite the fact they were both in the same room.
- Too Dumb to Live: Yes, Leo, go ahead and insult the 6' 1" barber with anger issues about his lifestyle, parents, and home, it's not like he'll punch you or anything.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: By Proximity, since they are all trapped in the school. The majority of the group are either completely apathetic to him (i.e. Ludger) or just flat out despise the guy (i.e. Viola) due to his ditzy and narcissistic habits. In the end, only a handful of students, such as Shinji and Mei (though the latter is friends with everybody) are okay with him.
- Heroic Safe Mode: This happened to Ludger after his dinner confrontation with Mei at the beginning of Chapter 3.
- The Philosopher: Ludger's Ultimate Talent and role for the early part of the RP is this.
- The Smart Guy
- The Snark Knight: Ludger's initial interactions with everyone showcase this, or at least his internal thoughts.
- Slainin Their Sleep: His fate in chapter four and since breaking that room is punishable by death, he is swiftly punished by poisoning by Monokuma.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: He does this from time to time, but most notably after he became upset with Mei over the dagger incident.
- Troubled, but Cute: Despite his generally troubled behaviour regarding relationships and other people, Ludger still had multiple girls interested on him.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: At least, initially. Ludger acted quite politely to his classmates in general during the prologue, though slowly he dropped that mask and revealed his quite snarky personality.
- Bitchin Sheeps Clothing: As soon as Ludger stopped acting politely and distrustful to everyone, he revealed that he can be pretty mean if he finds that the situation calls it... And to him, being trapped in a death game with 15 bumbling morons called for such behaviour.
- Faux Affably Evil: Or at least, that's the impression he gives when interacting with Shinji and sometimes even Minako or Yumiko.
- Tsundere: The Tsun is strong in this one.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: One of the key ideas behind Ludger's actions is the principle that the ends justify the means.
- The Chew Toy: His main trope. The guy can NEVER catch a break and almost every chapter has him hurt, physically or emotionally by one of the cast.
- Extreme Doormat: You can force him to strip and streak to humiliate him one moment, then whip the heck out of him the next, with Shinji doing jack about it.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: His main goal while in the school. Sadly, this is taken advantage of by Minako and his main torturers, Yumiko and Ludger, to beat the crap out of him.
- Lethally Stupid
- Love Martyr
- Security Blanket: He is often seen hiding under a blue blanket.
- Throw the Dog a Bone
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?
- The Woobie: Poor Shinji.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Minako does this a lot, but there are other characters—such as Yumiko—who love using this to trick him.
- All Psychology Is Freudian: He knows everything about Psychology AND Psychoanalysis but always tends to go to the Psychoanalyst explanation.
- Badass Longcoat: He thinks he has one of those.
- Berserk Button: Don't talk about Bin in a disrespectful way.
- Bi the Way
- But Not Too Bi: He fell in love with Bin but already showed signs of attraction to both female and male classmates.
- Big Brother Mentor: Mostly to Shinji and Mei.
- Break Them by Talking: Attempts to do this with Mei while in a drunken state.
- Evil All Along: During the third trial is revealed to be a psycopath and had participated in the murders of Ayame and Hiroshi, by killing the former.
- FaceHeel Turn: Through Chapters One to Three Sora is usually seen as one of the more morally good students here....this turns on his head as in the third trial he's actually a psycopath that murders Ayame and helps Minako to hide Hiroshi's death.
- Five Stages of Grief: He started during the Chapter 2 trial unable to accept Bin's suicide.
- Freudian Couch: All conversations with Sora end up like this.
- The Mentor: He is always trying to help.
- Sailor's Ponytail: Uses a ponytail.
- Shipper on Deck: For Emma and Harri.
- Shipping Torpedo: He is this to Mei and Ludger's relationship.
- Survivor Guilt: After Bin sacrificed herself for him.
- The World Mocks Your Loss: Several ships solidified after Bin's death while Sora was still mourning.
Ultimate Hardware Specialist
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Mr Fix It: As the Ultimate Hardware Specialist, Yumiko tried to use him to help everyone escape the school, however, he was killed by Kaori before he could get to work.
- Go Out with a Smile: Was found dead with a smile on his face.
Ultimate Pool Shark
- Comfort Food
- Deep-Fried Whatever
- Driven to Madness: For the fourth motive he is dressed up in a maid's costume by Monokuma along with a shock collar which shocks him every time one of the other maids do something wrong. Since one of the pairings is the resident Ditz and the girl who despises him the most, Yuto is shocked until he eventually snaps and goes to murder someone....which just so happens to be Emma.
- Only Sane Man: He is basically the only normal person in the class.....which proves to be his downfall.
Reserve Course Student
Ultimate Composer/ Mastermind
The woman responsible for the killing game, roped Mei and Bin into her scheme with promises of what they wanted most. She caused the killing game that claimed the lives of her classmates just for "fun", and directly caused the death of Aiya simply because the public speaker refused to be a part of it.