Characters: X Blaze Code Embryo
The characters of XBlaze Code: Embryo
and XBlaze Lost: Memories
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Yukitoshi Kikuchi
Touya is good-natured, inquisitive, but often tries to break up fights. He works at the Maha☆Raja~ curry shop to pay rent to the Himeduru family, as he lives with them while attending school.
Voiced by: Mayuka Nomura
Es is a member of the Mitsurugi Sector’s Counter-Psychica Soldier Unit, Sleipnir. She’s ignorant of subjects other than combat and isn’t very talkative. She can sense the Discover Call, a signal emitted by D-Progressors.
Voiced by: Rei Mochizuki
Hinata is the second daughter of the Himeduru family. She’s calm and gentle toward everyone, and is always having fun. She’s responsible for most of the housework since her sister is lazy, but she doesn’t mind because she enjoys it.
- Expy: She's Manami Tamura in everything but name and species, except that she lives with the protagonist and she's not the Big Bad.
- Megane: She wears glasses.
Kuon Glamred Stroheim
Voiced by: Yui Kondo
Kuon is a student at the Magic School in the Magical City of Ishana and comes from the distinguished Stroheim family. She has a strong sense of justice and sometimes jumps to conclusions, which has earned her the fearful appelation of “Fire Empress Stroheim.” She has talent rarely seen in the modern Magick Guild and is expected to join the Ten Saints.
- Abel: to Sech's Kain
- Blade on a Stick: Sealed Treasure Spear: Izayoi.
- Hair Decoration: Her hair decoration on the back of her head is the same as the crystal on Ragna's right arm.
- Last-Second Chance: Every encounter she has with Sechs, she would give him one last chance to go back to Ishana and face his crimes, otherwise she will use Izayoi to seal him away. She eventually stops trying near the end of every route and makes the decision to seal him away. In her own route, she prioritizes Touya's safety and goes off on her own to defeat her brother to prevent him from following him to Ishana.
- New Transfer Student: Played with. She transfers to Touya's school, but as he noted, had never actually attends a single class. Its fine with her, since she "transfered" in order to protect him in the first place.
- Playing with Fire: She specializes in fire magic.
- Power at a Price: The price that one pays to use the Izayoi is the same as in BlazBlue, it causes the one to use it to go blind.
- Red Baron: Fire Empress Stroheim.
Voiced by: Inori Minase
Mei is the only daughter and heir of the Amanohokosaka family, which collaborates with the Mitsurugi Sector. She has been involved in the D-Progressor countermeasures from a young age, and is far more brave than would be expected of a girl her age. Because she spends so much time amongst adults, she isn’t good at communicating with people her own age. She’s a master of Onmyo techniques and in battle makes use of information supplied by the Shikigami in her service.
- Heroic Lineage: Lord Tenjo's ancestor.
- Irony: She claims that Kuon is nothing more than a spoiled princess when she herself acts far more like one than Kuon.
- Jerkass: Lets face it, she's not exactly the most polite person.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite her general rudeness, she's actually a kind person but is so frustrated with her family's situation that she lashes out on others. She even admits to herself that she's too harsh on Touya since pretty much anyone would be freaked out in the situation that he's in.
- Miko: She's the chosen Amanohokosaka Shrine Maiden whose duty is to ensure the containment of the Black Beast.
A young girl in the Magister's City: Ishana who then lose memories once she enters the Phantom Field in search for her missing sister (referred as Imouto in the story). She loathes her father, who used her and her mother as guinea pigs.
A mysterious girl who lives in the Phantom Field, she has no idea how long she has been inside of the Field, nor that she is actually within it. She claims to be fond of riddles. When she met Watashi, she offered her the chance to find her sister, Imōto, who had somehow gone missing into the bottom of the Phantom Field.
little girl who has somehow found her way into the bottom of the Phantom Field. She aspires to be like her sister Watashi, and desires to help her. She has an uniquely special genetic make-up.
Akira is Toya’s best friend. His parents are overseas so he’s lived alone since Junior High. He’s rich and good looking but has terrible luck.
- Face-Heel Turn
- Green-Eyed Monster: He gets jealous of Hinata's closeness with Touya, causing him to accept Acht's offer to make him a Union.
- Out of Focus: He's rapidly pushed to the background, and outright disappears except for a small mention at the end of Kuon/Mei's route.
- Put on a Bus: In Hinata's route, he disappears from the story after forcibly removing his crystal and falls in a coma in a hospital.
- Super Power Meltdown: Something wasn't quite right with his Union transformation as his Crystal Level rapidly increased in an incredibly short time.
Voiced by: Tomomi Isomura
Yuki is Hinata’s big sister and the rock that holds the Himeduru family together, but she’s often preoccupied with work so she isn’t home very often.
Ringo Akagi/Marcelyn F. Mercury
Voiced by: Chie Matsuura
Ringo is Toya’s superior at the curry shop, always telling Toya puzzling things about the etiquette for eating curry. She’s not a hard worker and gets bored easily. She is actually Marcelyn F. Mercury, who also the member of the Legendary Ten Saints, under the title Zwei.
Elise von Klagen
Voiced by: Nozomi Yamamoto
Elise is an emissary from the Magick Guild. After not hearing from her best friend in a while she volunteered to investigate. Despite appearances, she’s a real tough cookie.
- Badass Gay: She's a mage set on bringing Kuon back to Ishana, partially out of love for her.
- Incompatible Orientation: Kuon's (as far as can be seen thus far) straight, Elise's a lesbian.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Her relationship with Kuon is more than just friendship, she's in love with Kuon.
Voiced by: Akira Kanazawa
Nearly always wearing a black cloak, Avenge’s true face is rarely ever seen. He is well aware of the serial killer: Ripper, and is hunting him down. Although Avenge knows magic and is associated with it, he never uses it for some unknown reason. He has some sort of connection with the Mitsurugi Institution and the Drive-Progressor Union.
- Badass: He's a very infamous bounty hunter.
Voiced by:Yahagi Sayuri
A small doll with sentience that belonged to Ripper before his death.
is director of Research Institute Seven of the Mitsurugi Sector’s Neo Yokosaki Branch and is responsible for the regulation, protection, and management of D-Progressors. He also issues commands to Es and picks out her cute outfits.
- Expy: of Hazama/Yuuki Terumi. Even Sechs referred him as a "Snake".
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Wants to use Touya's Original Grimoire to connect to the Boundry and use the infinite seithr to power the T-System. He couldn't control it and ends up absorbed for his trouble.
- Laughing Mad: When he revealed his True Nature.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Claims to be this. He's trying to prevent mankind from destroying itself by effectively controlling the mind of everyone on the planet.
A sadistic serial killer working under the alias of “Ripper", he has killed many elites of the Magic Guild and is wanted world wide. He is classed as an SS grade criminal, sharing this grade with Ragna the Bloodedge. Ripper is also one of the rare Drive-Progressors and has been on the run from the Mitsurugi Institute for over ten years but unlike every other Drive-Progressor, Ripper’s spirit hasn’t been contaminated by his Crystal and thus, he shows no irregularities.
- Eyepatch of Power: He wears one to cover up his crystal.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His interest at finding out why Touya "smells" differently than other humans by pushing him over the edge via attempting to kill Hinata caused Touya to activate the Grimoire and start channeling the power of the Black Beast. In Es/Hinata's route, it absorbed almost all his seithr, leaving him weakened enough to be ambushed and killed by Avenge. In Kuon/Mei's route, it outright absorbed him.
- Slasher Smile: Is almost constantly smiling. Watch out when he stops smiling.
A young woman who is adept in the magical arts, Acht is eight in the Ten Saints. She once studied with Sechs and grew to love and respect him; No matter what his aims are, she trusts him and lives for him alone. Acht is a confident young woman she is brilliant at human psychology, easily being able to read emotions that lurk deep within people.
- An Ice Person: Specializes in ice magic.
- Love Makes You Evil: She only betrayed Ishana and does what she does because of her love for Sechs.
- Power Degeneration: She goes insane, dies and disintigrates seithr in Es and (persumably) Hinata's route due to her Crystal level reaching Level 6.
Voiced by: Kentaro Tone
A member of the Ten Saints who has the number 3. He is also a philospher in discussing what is correct for the Ten Saints to do. He has a serious nature, and likes to figure out what to do during a makeshift power struggle regardless of loyalty. Once Sechs was accepted into the Ten Saints, Drei began to feel a little fanatic for some apparent reason.
A Magician with the title of 6 in the Ten Saints, Sechs is a magical genius who was chosen to be a Saint at the mere age of 18. He has a vast amount of skills and his knowledge in the fields of magic are incredible; he is well known for being one of the first to explore magic-induced gravity fields. Sechs also has a strong relationship with Acht, but whether her feelings are reciprocated or not is unknown.
- Badass: His gravity powers are said to be able to destroy armies
- Big Bad:Though Izanami may have something to do with that.
- Cain: to Kuon's Abel
- Fallen Hero: He was once one of the Ten Saints.
- Shadow Archetype: Kuon once stated that he was a lot like Touya before his Face-Heel Turn.
- Straw Nihilist: He feels death doesn't exist, and that life is meaningless because everyone become seither when they die.
They are mindless artificial beings who answer only to Soichiro Unomaru
, their creator.