"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there, and I just remembered, we're out here. What I wanna know is, where's the caveman?"
—Shaggy, Part 3
Troper finally learns the sickening truth, and decides to describe The Misadventures of Skooks here.
The Misadventures of Skooks is a five-part YouTube Poop series by Orpheusftw, parodying Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!. The videos have become known for their masterful Manipulative Editing and very surreal humor (even for a YTP). They must be seen to be believed.
These poops display examples of the following tropes:
- Actor/Role Confusion: In part 5, when the gang meets Batman and Robin:Fred: Oh my God! I think it's The Three Stooges!
- Adaptation Name Change: Scooby-Doo is renamed to Skooks.
- Adaptational Villainy: Pretty much the whole gang, who seem more interested in finding new places to engage their depraved fetishes then solving mysteries. Fred is easily the worst, while Scooby/Skooks himself is an Animalistic Abomination.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Happens during Part 3. It even has an "alliteration counter" in the corner of the screen.Fred: I wonder where this fat fuck floated in from.
- Ad Bumpers: Starting with the second, each video has a brief intermission starting and ending with one of these (always for a different show) and a poop of an obscure commercial in between.
- All Just a Dream:
- The intro to the third part has Fred finding Skooks and Shaggy having sex, only for the whole thing to be revealed as this. Then he sees them do it in real life.
- The Stinger to the last part is also this, doubling as a Brick Joke.
- However, it's not clear whether The Stinger, the whole episode or possibly even the entire series was the dream...
- Daphne's "Mmm, you bet!"
- Fred's is simply "Fuck."
- Shaggy has "Lucky for you, I'm a Dog lover!."
- Crossover: Parts 4 and 5 parody episodes of The New Movies where the gang meets Dick Van Dyke and Batman, respectively.
- Dead Guy Puppet: In part five, one of the sights that Fred points out while trekking through the woods is Shaggy using the upper half of Velma's bisected body as a ventriloquist dummy. "Velma" frantically urges Fred to "look at the head," only for his attention to shift to Romani Ranch.
- Death Glare: Shaggy gives Fred an impressive one in episode 3 after the latter interrupts his "pickle on top" song.
- Delicious Distraction: When Shaggy gets all the Dragon Balls, he wastes his wish on a double order of onion rings.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: The Joker knocks out Skooks cold in Episode 5 with a single punch. He then proceeds to rub it in.Joker: Bow wow, arf arf!
- Domestic Abuser: Fred regularly abuses Daphne.
- Downer Ending: Fred gets killed by Batman and Robin, and is stuck on King Kai's planet forever when Shaggy wastes his wish from Shenron on onion rings. Then again, it's lessoned by the fact that Fred was a sociopathic jackass.
- Dramatic Gun Cock: From part 4:Fred: We'll just spend the whole day having fun at the carnival, right?(Beat, cocks handgun)Gang: Right!
- Everyone Is Bi: Pretty much every member of the gang has had a sexually suggestive moment with one another.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Fred is the only one shocked by Robin's sudden racism in part 5.
- Evil vs. Evil: Mystery Inc. here is just as horrible, if not worse than any villains they encounter, even when they meet the Joker himself.
- Eye Scream:
- Skooks gets hit in the eye with a dart in part 3. Things get ugly.
- In part 5, Batman gets jabbed in the eye with a hook.
- Fake Interactivity: At the end of the fourth, the viewer is asked if they'd like to see the Strongman. You can't select "yes".
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When Skooks' eyes glow green, be very afraid.
- Guest-Star Party Member: In the first episode, Hank Hill seems to be this, as a lot of the jokes revolve around him.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Fred gets cut in half by a turnstile after it gets flicked as fast as an engine rotor by a real human hand in part 4.
- I'm a Humanitarian:
Shaggy: Isn't there anything more to eat?
- "I always get a weird feeling when I eat real people."
- The frozen caveman situation in Episode 3 is resolved by taking him to the malt shop...and eating him.
- This gem from part 3:
- Implausible Deniability: At the end of part 5. Doubles as a Call-Back to OrpheusFTW's 3rd King of the Hill collab.Robin: Holy hoodwinks! It's Fred!Fred: I'm John Wayne! Pow, pow, pow!
- Inherently Funny Word: "Watch me swooce right in!"
- Karma Houdini: Zen Tuo's two henchmen(the only villains from the original show beside the Caveman to appear) show up in part 3 to sexually harass and kidnap Daphne, and are never seen again after she's rescued. Then again this version of the Gang are no better and have no interest in solving crimes.
- Malt Shop: Fred's fond of saying they should meet back at it.
- Mind Screw: All of it, though this example from part 3 stands out:Shaggy: Am I glad that he's frozen in there, and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here and that we're in there and I just remembered! We're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?
- Nobody Poops: Averted in part 2 when Skooks stands on top of Shaggy.
- Negative Continuity: Shaggy, Fred, and Velma all die in part 4 (within the space of about a minute) and are immediately back to normal with no explanation.
- Occidental Otaku: Shaggy accuses the author of being this in the beginning of part one, after he and Fred are turned into Bishonens.
- Off with His Head!: Happens to both Shaggy and Velma in part 4, the former from falling onto a dumbbell bar and the latter from a wayward helicopter. They get better.
- Or Was It a Dream?: Parodied. After Fred wakes up from a dream involving Skooks giving Shaggy a hand job, Shaggy requests Skooks for one in real life, much to the shock of Fred.
- Pedophile Priest: "Go to the church and ask God to fug you!"
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: "Swooce", meaning to gracefully slip through. Probably.
- Reveal Shot: The end of the third part appears to show Shaggy performing fellatio on Skooks. It turns out Skooks was using a hot dog.
- Running Gag:
- Episode 3 has Fred constantly making the team go to the malt shop.
- Daphne glitching out in various ways, starting in episode 2.
- Shaggy loves dogs a bit too much.
- Hank Hill popping in every time someone says "Let's go."
- Sanity Slippage:
- "Well, no offense, but you've gone insane, Batman."
- Fred undergoes this in part 4 when he begins to suspect what Shaggy and Skooks are up to,
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: Fred, of all people, is behind the one from part 5.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: This little bit from part 5:Shaggy: Wow, Mother Nature sure goofed ol' Daphne!Daphne: Shaggy, c'mon!Shaggy: That won't work. Good-bye! (Daphne hits in in the head with a vase to stop him) Oh, why would you do that?! (collapses)
Penguin: We got em on the run!The Joker: That's not funny.
- The opening to part 1 is one to Neon Genesis Evangelion, complete with "A Cruel Angel's Thesis"... which then abruptly cuts into the end of the King of the Hill theme.
- Part 1 has a sequence featuring the audio from the "dancing bug" segment of the Adventure Time episode "Power Animal".
- "Thank you for finding the Moon... But I wish you hadn't!"
- The (initial) opening for part 5 parodies the intro of The Walking Dead.
- The credits to part 5 are one to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
- The Stinger in part 5 is one to the Dexter's Laboratory episode "Aye Aye Eyes".
- In part 5, this line when The Joker and The Penguin see the gang snooping around their lair:
- Special Guest: Deepercutt in part 5.
- Take That!:
Velma: Scientology got Tom Cruise!
- "Justin Bieber? I'd better get something to defend myself!"
- Part 5 features Batman biting into the box of Injustice: Gods Among Us. To drive the point home, Skooks proceeds to defecate on it.
- Part 2 takes a shot at the Church of Scientology.
Shaggy: Poor Tom Cruise.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Fred suffers numerous lethal (yet amusing) injuries.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Mr. Wickles.Mr. Wickles: Thank you for finding the moon, but I wish you hadn't!Daphne: Fuck you, Mr. Wickles.
- Considering it is the same moon from Soul Eater, his ungratefulness is Justified.
- Viewers Like You: At the start of the fourth part, the author thanks those who helped, ending with "...and YOU! Even though you didn't do shit."
- Was It All a Lie?: Batman starts to doubt about the Bat Cookies in Part 5.Batman: Was there really milk? Was there actually cookies?Velma: No.
- Wasteful Wishing: In Part 5, Shaggy's gathered the Dragon Balls in order to wish Fred back to life after his numerous Amusing Injuries. At the last second, though, he gets sidetracked and wishes for a double order of onion rings instead, leaving Fred stranded on King Kai's planet forever. Neither of them are amused.Fred: Bitch!
- What the Hell, Hero?: Fred and King Kai are not amused when Shaggy wastes his wish from Shenron on onion rings.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry!: Piss Skooks off, and his eyes will turn green and he'll whoop your ass.