Miasma, the evil substance from which monsters are formed, constantly boils under the earth's surface. Born from this mire and able to rise from the ground at any time, Miasma Monsters wreak havoc among those unfortunate enough to be outside a settlement protected by a magical flame know as a Kiyoma. However, the threat always remained just outside their doorstep, and the people looked to a prophecy that dictated a hero would come to destroy the Miasma for good.
You play as the cynical Aeyr Wilder and the kindhearted Mia Alacruz. Soon after their training is complete, catastrophic events destroy the very foundations of their daily lives, and they are forced to make the choice between their precious friendship and following the path that they believe is right.
Tropes used in Prayer Of The Faithless:
- An Axe to Grind: Axes are a weapon that Aeyr can wield, like the Soldier Axe.
- Defend Command: Averted. It doesn't have a Defend Command. Instead, it has Focus, which restores some Stamina.
- Life Meter: There is a HP meter, representing the amount remaining as fractions of a red meter.
- Mana: It's called Stamina, contracted into SP, and the amount possessed when an enemy attacks affects how much damage is taken.
- Mana Meter: There is a SP meter, representing the amount remaining as fractions of a blue meter.
- Mana Shield: The amount of Stamina available when an attack is taken affects how much damage is dealt. More Stamina, less damage.
- Multiple Endings: 3 different endings.
- Preexisting Encounters: You can see enemy encounters on the map, allowing you to avoid them if you want.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The Manna have different hair colors from humans. Trill has green hair, Amalie has red hair, there was a blue-haired Manna that Mia decided to try and copy by dyeing her hair blue.