Koei Tecmo Holdings Co., Ltd. 『株式会社コーエーテクモホールディングス』 is a video game company created in 2009 by the merger of two large companies, Koei and Tecmo. The resulting parent company became known as Tecmo Koei Corporation. Its name was changed to Koei Tecmo Corporation in July 2014 to be more in line with its "KT" logo, similarly to Bandai Namco Entertainment changing its name from Namco Bandai Games Inc. the same year.
Koei Tecmo currently contains the following studios:
- Omega Force, formed in 1996 as Koei's fourth Business Division, develops the Dynasty Warriors games.
- Kou Shibusawa: Derived from the Pen Name of Koei's founder Yoichi Erikawa, the division was created in 2016 to further develop the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, in addition to its other fellow loosely historical games. It also did much work on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Ruby Party: Develops dating sims.
- Gust Corporation: Develops the Atelier and EXA_PICO games. It was acquired by Koei Tecmo in 2011.
- Team Ninja: Develops Dead or Alive and Nioh games primarily. Before the merger, it was formerly under Tecmo's umbrella. Also famed for creating the Ninja Gaiden games. Since 2013, it has comprised two teams, Ichigaya Development Group 1 and Ichigaya Development Group 2.
Koei Co., Ltd. 『株式会社コーエー』 is best known for its historically-based (and loosely-based) video games, especially those set in feudal China or Japan. It was founded by the Creator Couple Yoichi and Keiko Erikawa in 1978. Its name seems to derive from the term 光栄 (kōei, "honor"). They made their name in Japan with Turn-Based Strategy games such as Nobunaga's Ambition, but outside Japan their most known and successful series is the Warriors (Musou) franchise of Hack and Slash games (which includes Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, the crossover Warriors Orochi, and all the licensed crossovers).
The company also has distributed games from Nippon Ichi's catalog in North America and Europe.
Yoko Kanno worked for Koei in the late 80s and early 90s, composing scores for many of their games.
Games created/developed by Koei and Koei Tecmo:Dating Sim
- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend1
- Attack on Titan (2016)1
- Berserk and the Band of the Hawk1
- Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
- Crimson Sea
- Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and The Blight Below5
- Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings And The Prophecy's End 5
- Dynasty Warriors
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam3
- Fire Emblem Warriors1, 2
- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage1
- Hyrule Warriors1, 2
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
- Mystic Heroes
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors1, 3
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers6
- Samurai Warriors
- Warriors Orochi
- Warriors: Legends Of Troy
- Warriors All-Stars1
- Atelier series (since 2012)1, 4
- Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
- Atelier Totori Plus ~The Adventurer of Arland~
- Atelier Meruru Plus ~The Apprentice of Arland~
- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- Atelier Rorona Plus ~The Alchemist of Arland~
- Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
- Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
- Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
- Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland
- Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
- Ciel Nosurge1,4
- Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star1, 4
- Fairy Tail1, 4
- Inindo: Way of the Ninja
- Monster Racers
- Nights of Azure
- Aerobiz (airline franchise sim)
- Naval Ops (naval warfare sim)
- Naval Ops: Commander
- Warship Gunner 2
- P.T.O. (naval warfare sim)
- Uncharted Waters (sea exploration sim)
- Bandit Kings of Ancient China
- Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses 1, 2
- Gemfire (known as Royal Blood in Japan)
- Genghis Khan
- Nobunaga's Ambition
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Taikou Risshiden
- DeStrega (magic-based fighting game)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015) (3-on-3 fighting game) 5
- Gitaroo Man (rhythm game)
- Kessen (real-time strategy)
- Nioh (Action RPG)
- Saiyuki: Journey West (turn-based tactical RPG)
- Toukiden1 (action RPG in the veins of Monster Hunter or God Eater)
- Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll1
- WinBack (third-person shooter)
1 - published or developed as Tecmo Koei/Koei Tecmo Games
2 - developer; published by Nintendo
3 - developer; published by Bandai Namco Games
4 - publisher; developed by Gust Co., Ltd.
5 - developer; published by Square Enix
6 - developer; published by Atlus